PDA

View Full Version : Hilary Rosen was Right

Nbadan
04-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Ann Romney isn't a stay at home mom like the millions of other moms in America, she had nannies and maids to raise her kids while she 'worked hard" at being a mom...

Yeah, right...

Why Hilary Rosen Is Right
by Jessica Valenti
April 12, 2012

Rosen was responding to Mitt Romney’s constant trotting out of Ann when he gets a question on women’s issues:

Guess what, his wife has actually never worked a day in her life. She’s never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school and how do we—why do we worry about their future?

There’s nothing there about stay-at-home moms, or the idea that that raising children isn’t work. Rosen was referring to the fact that Ann Romney—an incredibly rich and elite woman—likely does not understand the economic concerns of most American women. Again, it was unfortunate choice of words—but she wasn’t wrong.

Focusing on this slip-up just brings more attention to the way in which a Romney presidency wouldn’t support mothers. Because empty platitudes about motherhood “being the hardest job in the world” doesn’t change the reality of most moms’ lives, or make their job any easier.

But it’s not just that Romney is bad for women (whether they work outside the home or not). What’s being lost in this conversation is the incredibly facile and insulting notion that just because a woman made the decision to marry Romney and occasionally talk to him about other women, that he is somehow well-informed on women’s issues. Ann Romney is not an expert on women’s issues just because she happens to be one. And she’s not an expert in what mothers need just because she has children. Believing otherwise is infantilizing and reduces women’s very important and complex concerns to beauty parlor chitchat.

Read the full article at: http://www.thenation.com/blog/167370/why-hilary-rosen-right?rel=emailNation

DMX7
04-12-2012, 09:26 PM
She looked humiliated when she went on Fox News to defend herself.

She got PWNED pretty hard, but the Obama campaign is smart to just let someone not associated with the campaign due the dirty work of calling her out on her bullshit.

Nbadan
04-12-2012, 10:24 PM
http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/20/2012/04/12/109876_600.jpg

Stringer_Bell
04-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Hilary Rosen is kinda hot to be honest. Like a chubby white girl that would treat a brotha good to stay in the clique.

Also, politics.

Stringer_Bell
04-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Not fair to Ann Romney.

She truly is the CEO of the household. She has to supervise 3 nannies, 2 au pairs, 4 tutors, 1 mentor, 7 drivers, 2 chefs, 4 maids, the head gardener, 6 personal assistants and the managing staffer on call.

Sounds like she's got more executive experience than Obama!

Crookshanks
04-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Sounds like she's got more executive experience than Obama!

You got that right!

spursncowboys
04-13-2012, 12:54 AM
this is going to hurt obama in the electorate.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2012, 12:58 AM
this is going to hurt obama in the electorate.You hope.

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Certainly isn't going to help.

boutons_deux
04-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Only if enough women are stupid (or vote their ideology (same thing)) will this hurt.

The Dem point that hyper-wealthy, anti-women Willard Gecko and his trophy, never-employed, multi-cadillac wife are out of touch with most Americans is a solid, true campaign point. Willard Gecko's wife's money problem is how to spend it, now how to get it and pay the bills like most working (single) mothers.

cheguevara
04-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Obama unleashed his bitches

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 09:04 AM
It's hilarious watching the board progressives defend Rosen. A. Romney has MS. You don't fucking work alot with MS. What a bunch of fucking hacks.

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 09:05 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vicky-ward/hilary-rosen-should-donat_b_1421805.html

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/news/Dec2002/AnnRomney.html

ChumpDumper
04-13-2012, 09:16 AM
If this had anything to do with policy, I'd agree it could hurt Obama.

If Republicans want to play the victim card here, that's their right.

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Equally ludicrous is the tacit implication that if you become wealthy and successful, you lose touch with "average" Americans.

lol @ multi-Cadillac wife.

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Why do the democrats hate welfare mothers? Just like Mrs. Romney they never worked a day in their lives and stay at home with their kids.

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 09:18 AM
If this had anything to do with policy, I'd agree it could hurt Obama.

If Republicans want to play the victim card here, that's their right.

Yeah..there's about zero policy impact, really. But elections are based on perception as much as performance.

Banging on an MS patient and then calling the idiot out who does this, is not playing the victim card. Rosen straight up fucked up. The White House couldn't back away quick enough.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Yeah..there's about zero policy impact, really. But elections are based on perception as much as performance.Yes, Rosen ruined her chance at becoming president in 2012.

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Yes, Rosen ruined her chance at becoming president in 2012.

:lol

boutons_deux
04-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Meet The Romney Campaign’s Anti-Women Surrogates

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/04/12/463276/meet-the-romney-campaigns-anti-women-surrogates/

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Romney-Trump-300x194.jpg

Donald Trump: The flamboyant reality show star is “a top Mitt Romney surrogate” according to Politico’s Mike Allen. Trump recorded robo-calls supporting Romney in primary states and he participated in “a ton of talk radio for Romney in Michigan, Arizona and Ohio.” Trump also has a long history of sexism, including telling the male contestants on his reality show to “rate the women” contestants on how sexually attractive they are. Calling TV personality Rosie O’Donnell a “big, fat pig” and an “animal,” after she criticized Trump. And, just this month, offering to expose his “very, very impress[ive]” penis to a top woman attorney. The top Romney surrogate, however, is also quite unfazed by criticism of his sexism. As he told Esquire in 1991, “it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of [expletive].”

Bay Buchanan: Yesterday, in an attempt to overcome Romney’s weak poll numbers with women voters, the Romney campaign hosted Bay Buchanan on a press call as an official campaign surrogate. Bay, the sister of disgraced former TV pundit Pat Buchanan, has a long history of opposition to women’s rights. In a 2003 speech on the “four failures” of feminism, Bay Buchanan claimed that women are being “sold a bill of goods” when they pursue careers instead of having children, and she compared modern women to “alleycats” with respect to sex.

Robert Bork: Former judge and failed Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork is the co-chair of Romney’s “Judicial Advisory Committee.” Bork opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which bans employment and other discrimination against women, calling the idea that laws can require private companies to cease discriminating a “principle of unsurpassed ugliness.” More recently, the top Romney legal advisor mocked the very idea that gender discrimination even exists. In Bork’s words, “[i]t seems to me silly to say, ‘Gee, they’re discriminated against and we need to do something about it.’ They aren’t discriminated against anymore.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/04/12/463276/meet-the-romney-campaigns-anti-women-surrogates/

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
lol deflection. lol thinkprogress

boutons_deux
04-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Every Single One Of Romney’s Model Justices Voted Against Lilly Ledbetter

Yet for all of Romney’s equivocating on whether or not he actually believes that women should be paid the same amount as men who do the exact same job, Romney cannot hide two important facts. The Ledbetter Act was only necessary because of a 5-4 Supreme Court decision which overruled decades of precedent protecting equal pay for equal work; and Romney promised to appoint more justices like the ones who voted against Lilly Ledbetter.

Last November, Romney listed four sitting Justices as the models he will follow if he gets to appoint a justice of his own — Justices Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito and Chief Justice John Roberts. Every single one of these justices voted against Lilly Ledbetter and against equal pay for women in the workplace. Just like they have voted in favor of corporate immunity from the law on issues ranging from forced arbitration to enabling corporations to buy and sell elections.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/04/11/462692/every-single-one-of-romneys-model-justices-voted-against-lilly-ledbetter/

The VRWC/Repug War on Women, on their vaginas, on their paychecks, is documented, real, factual.

boutons_deux
04-13-2012, 09:22 AM

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
lol deflection. lol thinkprogress

:rolleyes

cheguevara
04-13-2012, 09:36 AM
:lmao the sad state of US politics

Republican: mommy, he bit me mommy!
Democrat: but mommy she kicked me. mommy!

bunch of bitches

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 09:39 AM

Ron Paul: mommy likes you more than me!
bunch of bitches

fify, bitch.:lol

cheguevara
04-13-2012, 09:43 AM
:lmao Comparing Dr. Paul's crusade of goodwill to the momma drama of the Democrats/Republicans :lol

cheguevara
04-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Jay Z is better than Kayne. Kayne is a punk

My horses are nice and pretty. I brush them sometimes.

Audit the fed, stop the wars, keep our civil liberties, bring our boys back home

ChumpDumper
04-13-2012, 09:45 AM
No one plays the victim like Ron Paul and his cult followers.

boutons_deux
04-13-2012, 02:05 PM
More Repug War on Women

Michigan Senate Candidate Calls Lilly Ledbetter Pay Equity Law A ‘Nuisance’: ‘It Shouldn’t Be The Law’

“Will, you know, will repealing it be a priority? If you came back and said, you know, that’s really the thing that’s hurting my business the most. My guess is there are other things that we can do that have a higher priority in terms of what I, what I believe might need to be done. I think you know we need to create — that thing is a nuisance. It shouldn’t be the law,” replied Hoekstra.

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/13/464399/hoekstra-ledbetter/

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 02:11 PM
keep deflecting. lol thinkprogress

boutons_deux
04-13-2012, 02:17 PM
the Repugs have "umbraged" the Rosen comment into denying they are warring on women.

Go Deflect Yourself. You add nothing

DarrinS
04-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Got Damn! Who gives a flying fuck?

The Romney's are rich. The Obama's are rich. We got it!!!!

No one cares.

DarrinS
04-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Sorry. I had a boutons/FuzzyLumpkins-style Tourettes moment.

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2012, 02:28 PM
the Repugs have "umbraged" the Rosen comment into denying they are warring on women.

Go Deflect Yourself. You add nothing

What blog did you copy/paste that from?

Stupid fuck. I added more to this thread than you've done all fucking week immersed in your confirmation bias RSS feed.

gfy.:lmao:lmao

boutons_deux
04-13-2012, 02:37 PM
pitbull bitch piles on

Palin: Hilary Rosen ‘awakened mama grizzlies across the nation’

comments made by a CNN Democratic pundit about Ann Romney will inspire “mama grizzlies” to stand up against “the divisiveness that is President Obama.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/13/palin-hilary-rosen-awakened-mama-grizzlies-across-the-nation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29&utm_content=Google+Reader

cheguevara
04-13-2012, 02:56 PM

bunch of bitches

boutons_deux
04-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Scarborough makes a great point:

Scarborough: Is Romney going to apologize for West’s ‘Communist’ remarks?

Conservative MSNBC host Joe Scarborough on Friday said there was “inconsistency” because President Barack Obama has been forced to renounce a Democratic cable pundit’s comments about Ann Romney but Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has not apologized after Rep. Allen West (R-FL) accused 81 House Democrats of belonging to the Communist Party.

“You don’t know if Mitt Romney should condemn a sitting congressman that says 78 to 81 members of the Democratic Party in the House of Representatives are Communists?” Scarborough pressed.

“Well, I mean, why should he condemn them?” Steele replied.

“Why should he condemn them!” Scarborough exclaimed. “He’s comparing 78 to 81 public servants in the Unites States House of Representatives — are saying are part of a movement that were responsible for the death of over a 100 million people in the 20th century.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/13/scarborough-is-romney-going-to-apologize-for-wests-communist-remarks/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29&utm_content=Google+Reader

boutons_deux
04-13-2012, 04:08 PM
More Repug/ALEC War on Women

VA Speaker And Ex-ALEC Chair Berates Woman — ‘I’m Not Speaking In Little Enough Words For You To Understand’

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/04/12/463774/va-speaker-and-ex-alec-chair-berates-woman-im-not-speaking-in-little-enough-words-for-you-to-understand/

hitmanyr2k
04-14-2012, 09:19 PM
:lol:lol

_C3JbNxgubo

Oh, Gee!!
04-15-2012, 01:52 AM
this is going to hurt obama in the electorate.

by about 0.0056% of the likely independant, female voters. i feel sorry for her husband.

Oh, Gee!!
04-15-2012, 01:58 AM
btw, mrs. romney has a unique set of struggles as a wife and mother that 99.99% of the world's population would kill to endure

MannyIsGod
04-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Equally ludicrous is the tacit implication that if you become wealthy and successful, you lose touch with "average" Americans.

lol @ multi-Cadillac wife.

I don't think thats ridiculous. I don't think its a gaurntee that you will be out of touch, but I think that there are huge differences in both the way that the rich and the average live their lives and their perception of the world and I think those differences would be easily quantified via public polling.

boutons_deux
04-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Romney Flashback: Poor Mothers Should Be Required To Work Outside The Home Or Lose Welfare

“I wanted to increase the work requirement,” said Romney. “I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, ‘Well that’s heartless.’ And I said, ‘No, no, I’m willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It’ll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.”

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/15/464640/romney-welface-moms/

Willard Gecko's petard go BOOM! :lol

Typical VRWC slandering and criminalization and enslavement of the poor. Just Do It!

ElNono
04-15-2012, 12:20 PM
I think what Hilary Rosen said was inappropriate and wrong.

Nbadan
04-15-2012, 02:50 PM
I think what Hilary Rosen said was inappropriate and wrong.

The wife read this thread or something?

ElNono
04-15-2012, 03:31 PM
The wife read this thread or something?

Nope

boutons_deux
04-15-2012, 03:40 PM
The entire sense of Rosen's comments were, uh, "on the money" that Mrs Willard Gecko has NEVER had to worry about at the end of the month.

And of course, her 5 sons, super patriots each, like all kids of the 1%, served in the military to Keep America Great.

BlairForceDejuan
04-15-2012, 06:28 PM
You are really missing something important in life when you pay attention to this political stupidity. Grown adults, c'mon now. Life is short.

spursncowboys
04-15-2012, 06:53 PM
by about 0.0056% of the likely independant, female voters. i feel sorry for her husband.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/15/meet_the_press_roundtable_on_hilary_rosen.html

spursncowboys
04-15-2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/15/this_week_roundtables_on_economy_and_war_over_wome n.html

TeyshaBlue
04-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't think thats ridiculous. I don't think its a gaurntee that you will be out of touch, but I think that there are huge differences in both the way that the rich and the average live their lives and their perception of the world and I think those differences would be easily quantified via public polling.

Having been an average American, upon becoming wealthy, you will forget?

Nope.

Of course there can be huge differences, but the implication made (unsubstantiated, of course) was that it was virtually inevitable.

Being born wealthy...that's a different case to make and most likely, successfully.

TeyshaBlue
04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
btw, mrs. romney has a unique set of struggles as a wife and mother that 99.99% of the world's population would kill to endure

Everyone....raise your hand if you want MS.

Yeah...thought so.

ElNono
04-15-2012, 10:48 PM
The election isn't (or shouldn't be) about what women did or do in their lives. If anything, what's great about America is that everyone, including women, are free to choose what they want to do provided they have the means to do it.

Mrs Romney isn't the first woman living large, and hopefully won't be the last. You have to look no further than Mrs Obama for somebody else that had a good chunk of change before walking into the White House.

It's unfortunate that topics like these command so much attention these days. It's ankle biting at it's finest and distracts from the meaningful conversation America should be having these days about the actual candidates.

boutons_deux
04-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Stay-at-home mothers are younger, less educated and more likely to be Hispanic than they were in previous generations, and perhaps have a more traditional view of family and more limited job skills than other women these days, according to a Census Bureau report that analyzed changes in stay-at-home motherhood from 1969 to 2009. Eighteen percent of stay-at-home mothers lack a high school degree, compared with 7 percent of women in the work force. And black women were about half as likely as white women to be stay-at-home mothers.

Across the country, 70 percent of married women over the age of 25 with children work outside the home. The median income of those households is about $87,700, compared with $64,000 for households where the mother stays at home, according to an analysis by Andrew A. Beveridge, a sociologist at Queens College of the City University of New York. “The biggest difference is education,” he said.

According to the Census Bureau’s 40-year review, “Those with the least education are now the most likely to stay out of the labor force as stay-at-home mothers.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/16/us/politics/ann-romneys-choice-not-typical-of-stay-at-home-mothers.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

=============

Trophy wife, kept-woman, out-of-touch Mrs Willard Gecko could afford not to work.

I figure most women who work 1) need to 2) want to (have the social interaction, stimulation), and 3) make enough (including the husband) working to cover day care or other child expenses.

Mrs Willard Gecko has no idea how much financial pressure and stress poor and/or (especially) single mothers have trying work and raise a kid(s).

And then her husband wants to force single mothers to work before qualify for govt assistance.

iow, the charge that she, 0.1%er, like her lying husband, are out-of-touch with 99.9% America sticks.

elbamba
04-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Everyone....raise your hand if you want MS.

Yeah...thought so.

And breast cancer. Lets not forget that. I am sure 99.99% of the world's population would love to have MS and breast cancer.

TeyshaBlue
04-16-2012, 08:52 AM
the election isn't (or shouldn't be) about what women did or do in their lives. If anything, what's great about america is that everyone, including women, are free to choose what they want to do provided they have the means to do it.

Mrs romney isn't the first woman living large, and hopefully won't be the last. You have to look no further than mrs obama for somebody else that had a good chunk of change before walking into the white house.

It's unfortunate that topics like these command so much attention these days. It's ankle biting at it's finest and distracts from the meaningful conversation america should be having these days about the actual candidates.

+10

boutons_deux
04-16-2012, 12:18 PM
From Willard Gecko's "book", No Apology: The Case For American Greatness,

" In some quarters, however, the American work ethic is waning. Some people devote themselves to find ways not to work. Some seem to take a perverse kind of pride in being slipshod or lackadaisical. In many cases, where our work culture has deteriorated, shortsighted government policies share a good part of the blame.

Welfare without work erodes the spirit and the sense of self-worth of the recipient. And it conditions the children of nonworking parents to an indolent and unproductive life. Hardworking parents raise hardworking kids; we should recognize that the opposite is also true. The influence of the work habits of our parents and other adults around us as we grow up has lasting impact."

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/16/465010/romney-nonworking-parents-indolent/

TeyshaBlue
04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
lol thinkprogress.

ChumpDumper
This is not the time for doubling down.

TeyshaBlue

boutons_deux
04-16-2012, 01:56 PM
And breast cancer. Lets not forget that. I am sure 99.99% of the world's population would love to have MS and breast cancer.

unlike poor and/single women in low-paying jobs, Mrs Willard Gecko didn't have to worry about losing a day's pay to stay home with sick kids (no pay for missed days), or be fired for missing work for sick kids, or fired for getting pregnant, and she had health insurance, which most low-paid women don't have.

yep,the Willard Gecko are 100% in touch with the bottom 50%.

TeyshaBlue
04-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Yay strawmen!

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Wow! What a clueless statement.

1) Mrs. Romney struggled through breast cancer and now suffers from Multiple Sclerosis -- care to revise your estimate?

2) I don't know much about the Romney's lifestyle over their entire time together, I understand they are High School sweethearts, but, since they are now in their 60's, I believe, can we assume the children are grown and out of the house and that the majority of the child rearing took place some time back; perhaps before Bain Capital and Romney's immense wealth? Most of the criticism of Ann Romney, related to her privileged life, talks in terms of her current situation. I saw silly poster that -- speaking in the present -- suggested Ann Romney has Nannies. What for? Her kids are grown.

She raised five sons in the in the 70's and, just presuming she was wealthy and, therefore, hired out the child-rearing is preposterous without some evidence. Their youngest son is now 26.

I know it's all the Left has so they attack but, attacking Ann Romney is going to come back and haunt them, I think.

I was reminded of an episode of Celebrity Wife Swap from a few months ago where Flava Flave (sp?) swapped his live-in baby momma (no, they're not married) with Dee Snider's (Twisted Sister) wife. While both were wealthy enough (and, I know, not as wealthy as the Romneys perhaps) but, enough to afford nannies and private schools and maids, etc... The Snider household was run by his wife. The children had chores and responsibilities. There were no maids, nannies, or staff. The same was true with Flava Flave but, his baby momma just dumped the kids on the Mother in Law and let her clean the house and mind the kids.

Is there any evidence the Romneys employed staff to raise the children when the children were in their formative years or, is that something the Left just assumes about rich people?

I also notice no one seems to be interested in Obama's brush with this nonsense when, last week, he suggested Romney was more privileged than he because "we (the Obamas) could not afford for Michelle not to work."

Together, they were making close to a half million a year...her $300,000 salary -- from a job at hospital that didn't see the need to keep the high-paying position after Michelle left -- was essential? How? Private schools and dance classes are expensive.

I'm not sure the waitress to whom Rosen referred would identify with either wife.

I hope they keep attacking Ann Romney.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2012, 02:07 PM
I personally don't think women will be chanting "Remember Hilary Rosen!" on their way to vote for overwhelmingly Romney in November, but I could be wrong.

sandman
04-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Wow! What a clueless statement.

1) Mrs. Romney struggled through breast cancer and now suffers from Multiple Sclerosis -- care to revise your estimate?

2) I don't know much about the Romney's lifestyle over their entire time together, I understand they are High School sweethearts, but, since they are now in their 60's, I believe, can we assume the children are grown and out of the house and that the majority of the child rearing took place some time back; perhaps before Bain Capital and Romney's immense wealth? Most of the criticism of Ann Romney, related to her privileged life, talks in terms of her current situation. I saw silly poster that -- speaking in the present -- suggested Ann Romney has Nannies. What for? Her kids are grown.

She raised five sons in the in the 70's and, just presuming she was wealthy and, therefore, hired out the child-rearing is preposterous without some evidence. Their youngest son is now 26.

I know it's all the Left has so they attack but, attacking Ann Romney is going to come back and haunt them, I think.

I was reminded of an episode of Celebrity Wife Swap from a few months ago where Flava Flave (sp?) swapped his live-in baby momma (no, they're not married) with Dee Snider's (Twisted Sister) wife. While both were wealthy enough (and, I know, not as wealthy as the Romneys perhaps) but, enough to afford nannies and private schools and maids, etc... The Snider household was run by his wife. The children had chores and responsibilities. There were no maids, nannies, or staff. The same was true with Flava Flave but, his baby momma just dumped the kids on the Mother in Law and let her clean the house and mind the kids.

Is there any evidence the Romneys employed staff to raise the children when the children were in their formative years or, is that something the Left just assumes about rich people?

I also notice no one seems to be interested in Obama's brush with this nonsense when, last week, he suggested Romney was more privileged than he because "we (the Obamas) could not afford for Michelle not to work."

Together, they were making close to a half million a year...her $300,000 salary -- from a job at hospital that didn't see the need to keep the high-paying position after Michelle left -- was essential? How? Private schools and dance classes are expensive.

I'm not sure the waitress to whom Rosen referred would identify with either wife.

I hope they keep attacking Ann Romney.

This last part. To knock on Romney for having wealth. Obama has a personal wealth estimated between $10-13 million. To those of us in the working and middle classes, they are BOTH rich beyond anything we hope to achieve. And that puts them BOTH out of touch with the average American, in spite of the cool sunglasses, jump shots and hip-hop music opinions by the POTUS.

TeyshaBlue
04-16-2012, 02:14 PM
I personally don't think women will be chanting "Remember Hilary Rosen!" on their way to vote for overwhelmingly Romney in November, but I could be wrong.

boutons_deux
04-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Manufactured Scandal Fail: CNN Poll Shows Obama With Huge Lead Among Women Over Romney

– Among women, Obama has a 16 point lead over Romney, 55 percent to 39 percent — virtually unchanged from last month.

– Asked to the name the candidate who “is in touch with the problems facing women today,” 55 percent said Obama, 27 percent said Romney. That’s a 28 point gap.

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/16/465344/romney-poll-women-rosen/

TeyshaBlue
04-16-2012, 05:27 PM
lol @ manufactured scandal. lol thinkprogress

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 05:33 PM
They may not be chanting but, a good number will remember Barack Obama -- by virtue of his pretty significant association with Hilary Rosen -- hates stay-at-home moms.

I'd almost guarantee the Romney campaign won't let them forget.

ElNono
04-16-2012, 07:38 PM
You guaranteed many things Yoni.

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 07:45 PM
You guaranteed many things Yoni.
It's only almost this time.

boutons_deux
04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
They may not be chanting but, a good number will remember Barack Obama -- by virtue of his pretty significant association with Hilary Rosen -- hates stay-at-home moms.

yep, this is how stupid fucking American bitches decide which man to vote for. :lol

ChumpDumper
04-16-2012, 08:40 PM
They may not be chanting but, a good number will remember Barack Obama -- by virtue of his pretty significant association with Hilary Rosen -- hates stay-at-home moms.Remember all the "significant associations" you thought would doom Obama last election?

boutons_deux
04-16-2012, 08:43 PM
schooled in a madrasa!

terrorist fist bump!

etc, etc, all Fox fabricated, hyped lies and bullshit, Yoni and WC suckered every time.

Th'Pusher
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Yoni, was the job you held more difficult than being a homemaker?

spursncowboys
04-16-2012, 10:31 PM

I think it is more of a persona of elitism that they will hold against him. I think more than making people go away from him, it will make it harder for BHO to get them back.

Th'Pusher
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
I think it is more of a persona of elitism that they will hold against him. I think more than making people go away from him, it will make it harder for BHO to get them back.

Spursandcowbows do you think being a stay at home mom is the most difficult job on the planet?

ChumpDumper
04-16-2012, 10:40 PM
I think it is more of a persona of elitism that they will hold against him. I think more than making people go away from him, it will make it harder for BHO to get them back.As opposed to Romney's downhome folksy charm.

spursncowboys
04-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Spursandcowbows do you think being a stay at home mom is the most difficult job on the planet?

Yes. I have three kids and I love them

But after being in two wars and being in an IED, I can promise that being a stay at home father is the scariest idea I could imagine.

spursncowboys
04-16-2012, 10:48 PM
As opposed to Romney's downhome folksy charm.
maybe. We are talking about the swing districts in the swing states.

DMX7
04-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Being "in" an IED?

Th'Pusher
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Yes. I have three kids and I love them

But after being in two wars and being in an IED, I can promise that being a stay at home father is the scariest idea I could imagine.

Wow. You really are a moron.

spursncowboys
04-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Being "in" an IED?

Yeah i lived inside one. Had a washer and dryer and all. No dishwasher though

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Romney 2012 bumper sticker:

"Moms Drive The Economy!"

spursncowboys
04-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Wow. You really are a moron.

Really? Why is that? Because I don't see the greatness of your opinion?

Way to keep the idea going about libs being open minded.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2012, 11:14 PM
maybe. We are talking about the swing districts in the swing states.Sorry, Romney is an elitist block of wood.

spursncowboys
04-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Sorry, Romney is an elite block of wood.

Yeah so was bush. but who got the elitist label? gore and kerry

ChumpDumper
04-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Yeah so was bush. but who got the elitist label? gore and kerryBush acted dumb and used to be a drunk.

Romney could use a better backstory and/or at least a .200 3pt%.

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh no, Obama/Biden aren't elitists...

:lmao

ElNono
04-17-2012, 12:34 AM

:lol laughing at a claim nobody made

Yonivore
04-17-2012, 08:34 AM
:lol laughing at a claim nobody made
Actually, you mean you're laughing at a claim no liberal is making because, it negates their rhetoric Romney is an out-of-touch elitist.

You would think that because both Presidential candidates are wealthy, ostensibly out-of-touch, elitists that it wouldn't be something with which the Obama campaign and their top advisers would be willing to try an paint Romney.

That was my point.

boutons_deux
04-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Willard Gecko was born wealthy, had every privilege all the way, and abused it to the maximum to fuck over takeover targets and enrich himself and his investors (none of them gave shit about jobs).

Ms. Willard Gecko married wealth and never had to worry about money raising kids. What she need now is the obtain the "dignity of working" that her scumbag hubby insists all poor women must obtain.

Hussein came up a totally different path.

ElNono
04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Actually, you mean you're laughing at a claim no liberal is making because, it negates their rhetoric Romney is an out-of-touch elitist.

No, I'm laughing at your ankle biting over a claim nobody in here made. :lol

But you do sound bitter that nobody tried to paint Barry/Biden as non-elitists...

Yonivore
04-17-2012, 12:18 PM
No, I'm laughing at your ankle biting over a claim nobody in here made. :lol

But you do sound bitter that nobody tried to paint Barry/Biden as non-elitists...
This isn't the complete universe of political discussion

Again, my point is -- now, try and keep up -- Hilary Rosen [among other who may or may not visit SpursTalk Politics forum] (as a surrogate for Barack Obama) is painting Ann Romney as an out-of-touch elitist without recognizing the same could be said about Michelle Obama.

You're pretty ego-centric about this site.

ElNono
04-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Again, my point is -- now, try and keep up -- Hilary Rosen [among other who may or may not visit SpursTalk Politics forum] (as a surrogate for Barack Obama) is painting Ann Romney as an out-of-touch elitist without recognizing the same could be said about Michelle Obama.

Now, try and keep up, that point was well established before your post. As a matter of fact, nobody claimed otherwise.

Until you started laughing at a claim nobody made. :lol

Now THAT was funny.

You're pretty ego-centric about this site.

I'll take that as any of your other opinions: full of hot air.

TeyshaBlue
04-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Now, try and keep up, that point was well established before your post. As a matter of fact, nobody claimed otherwise.

Until you started laughing at a claim nobody made. :lol

Now THAT was funny.

I'll take that as any of your other opinions: full of hot air.

That nobody claimed otherwise is weaksauce, ElNono. Aside from a couple of posters, everybody else dogpiled a MS victim.

ElNono
04-17-2012, 12:45 PM
That nobody claimed otherwise is weaksauce, ElNono. Aside from a couple of posters, everybody else dogpiled a MS victim.

Heck, I pointed out that what Hilary said was completely inappropriate.

Do you see anything about Hilary Rosen and/or Mrs Romney in this post:

Yoni just had that in the antechamber and nobody was giving him a reason to use it. He's bitterly mad somebody called him out on it. :lol

TeyshaBlue
04-17-2012, 12:56 PM

Yoni just had that in the antechamber and nobody was giving him a reason to use it. He's bitterly mad somebody called him out on it. :lol

My bad. You did point out the anklebitedness.:toast

Yonivore
04-17-2012, 01:02 PM

Again, it's not all about you.

Spursncowboys had just quoted ChumpDumper calling Romney an "elitist piece of wood." It was that to which I was referring in my post.

ElNono
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Spursncowboys had just quoted ChumpDumper calling Romney an "elitist piece of wood." It was that to which I was referring in my post.

Actually, Spursncowboys called Barry an elitist, which nobody disagreed with.

Which is exactly why you never had a point to begin with.

Yonivore
04-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Actually, Spursncowboys called Barry an elitist, which nobody disagreed with.
As I said, I was responding to a quote from ChumpDumper. I didn't see the Spursncowboys quote to which you're referring -- I doubt it would have had any bearing on my post since I was referring to liberals who call Romney an elitist while ignoring the elitist President they're hoping support by calling his opponent an elitist.

Why are you so invested in this topic, anyway? It was an off-hand remark.

Which is exactly why you never had a point to begin with.
That you don't understand the point doesn't mean one wasn't being made.

ElNono
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
As I said, I was responding to a quote from ChumpDumper.

But you weren't.

Why are you so invested in this topic, anyway? It was an off-hand remark.

Of course it was. :lol

I can see you're not invested in this topic at all :lmao

z0sa
04-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I see where Hilary Rosen was coming from. But that comment is just asking for trouble. The campaign efforts are starting to get really down and dirty now huh?

admiralsnackbar
04-17-2012, 02:06 PM
I see where Hilary Rosen was coming from. But that comment is just asking for trouble. The campaign efforts are starting to get really down and dirty now huh?

7miRCLeFSJo

boutons_deux
04-17-2012, 02:08 PM
"campaign efforts are starting to get really down and dirty"

Will be the nastiest Prez campaign. McLiar will look like a Boy Scout compared to the liars and lying and slander that Rove and Billionaire Super PACs will spew.

Yonivore
04-17-2012, 02:14 PM
But you weren't.
I know my own mind and I know why I put the post.

Of course it was. :lol

I can see you're not invested in this topic at all :lmao
Actually, the exercise in which I'm now invested is demonstrating what an idiot your are.

I posted the statement and forgot about it. You're the one that grabbed it like a chihuahua and started shaking it in your razor sharp teeth.

ChumpDumper
04-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Again, it's not all about you.

Spursncowboys had just quoted ChumpDumper calling Romney an "elitist piece of wood." It was that to which I was referring in my post.lol ignore.

Obama is an elitist .200 3pt shooter.

z0sa
04-17-2012, 03:30 PM
7miRCLeFSJo

ElNono
04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
I know my own mind and I know why I put the post.

I know exactly where you were going with it. That's exactly why you're seething mad right now :lol

Actually, the exercise in which I'm now invested is demonstrating what an idiot your are.

It's not working :lol

I posted the statement and forgot about it. You're the one that grabbed it like a chihuahua and started shaking it in your razor sharp teeth.

Drive by ankle biting is certainly down your alley :lmao

Yonivore
04-17-2012, 04:43 PM
That's exactly why you're seething mad right now :lol
If only you could see how "seething mad" I am right now.

ElNono
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
If only you could see how "seething mad" I am right now.

Your posts do tell :lol