PDA

View Full Version : 9:18 4th

spurs4real
04-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Manu and Splitter are doing their thing an Pop takes them out with a 14 point lead and after that well u see hats happening. He kills us with substitutions sometimes

mkurts
04-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Oh my god worst officiating ever - did you see that flop by Memphis ??

I think the referees must be stoned out, or suffered severe brain and vision damage during the game ....

Arc
04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
yeah, that's his achilles' heel.

spurs4real
04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
We are fortunate we won but c'mon, we were rolling when he made the substitutions

DMC
04-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Manu running the show, buries the Grizz in points. Tony comes in and struggles. Need them both, but the Grizz have a hard time with Mono's quickness and ability to finish at the rim. Tony has that as well, but they stay with him better because he's not as good a passer as Manu (not many are).

That said, fuck, the Grizz are tough as nails. Not an ounce of quit in those fuckers.

ElNono
04-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Asinine Splitter never saw the floor again... neither Diaw or Bonner were doing shit

MmP
thanks for making this thread instead of me. What i posted in other thread:

I'd make a whole new thread for this but it's old story:

I just don't know what the hell was Bonner doing last 4 minutes of grizz game. I just don't.

What did he bring more than Tiago? Did he even shoot? Useless. Manu + Tiago screened worked to perfection why change it?

MI21
Yeah, Splitter was handling Randolph and providing a great option in the high PnR with Manu. His numbers weren't as gaudy as other games, but Splitter played great basketball tonight.

Against a team like Memphis, Splitter and Duncan is a must, like we have been saying for 18 months now.

MmP
04-12-2012, 10:13 PM
I'd start tiago all the way and let the whole offense be p&r with manu

spurs4real
04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
thanks for making this thread instead of me. What i posted in other thread:

I'd make a whole new thread for this but it's old story:

I just don't know what the hell was Bonner doing last 4 minutes of grizz game. I just don't.

What did he bring more than Tiago? Did he even shoot? Useless. Manu + Tiago screened worked to perfection why change it?

It's all about momentum and Pop continues to stop our momentum! When Manu did come back in the game we had made I think 1 point without him and Splitter. Wtf

NRHector
04-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Sometimes I feel like writing on my car "Fire Pop's ass"

ViceCity84
04-12-2012, 11:38 PM
My biggest pet peeve on Popovich.He is so mechanical on his substitution patterns.Manu always enters at 6 minute mark.Leaves around 8-9 min mark 2nd quarter.Just go with the flow.If he's playing well,keep him in.

spurs4real
04-12-2012, 11:54 PM
My biggest pet peeve on Popovich.He is so mechanical on his substitution patterns.Manu always enters at 6 minute mark.Leaves around 8-9 min mark 2nd quarter.Just go with the flow.If he's playing well,keep him in.

This

DAF86
04-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Pop should go more with moments instead of his set rotations. Hopefully in the playoffs he does this.

Timnobili
04-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Pinche simulator crew! Come on Pop!

acoelho1
04-13-2012, 08:35 AM
If I were Splitter, I would be pissed and demand a trade in the off season. Maybe only then, Pop will be forced to play him. There is no other team in the league that would play Tiago this minimal minutes. After a game where we were dominated on the boards, Pop continues to play Bonner more than Tiago. It makes no sense and even with 9 less mins, Tiago still out boards Bonner. Just wait till the pressure and intensity heats up in the playoffs and Bonner will again be a no show.

T Park
04-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Funny how times have changed. Pop used to get his ass ripped for not being more regimented in his substitution patterns.

gospursgojas
04-13-2012, 09:05 AM
They cant play the whole game...its more that the offense suffers without a tandem that can run the p&r to perfection like Manu and Split.

TheSkeptic
04-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Funny how times have changed. Pop used to get his ass ripped for not being more regimented in his substitution patterns.

I think it depends on the personnel.

cheguevara
04-13-2012, 09:10 AM

tbh, Pop does this in the playoffs. To him regular season is meaningless. Just practice.

T Park
04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
I think it depends on the personnel.

Eh, maybe. 2003 I remember him getting ripped for random sub patterns.

therealtruth
04-13-2012, 09:50 AM
I'd start tiago all the way and let the whole offense be p&r with manu

Yeah I think that's pretty much unstoppable, the combination Manu's passing ability with Tiago's rolling ability.

widowmaker
04-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Manu running the show, buries the Grizz in points. Tony comes in and struggles. Need them both, but the Grizz have a hard time with Mono's quickness and ability to finish at the rim. Tony has that as well, but they stay with him better because he's not as good a passer as Manu (not many are).

That said, fuck, the Grizz are tough as nails. Not an ounce of quit in those fuckers.

Because they know they can beat the spurs, why quit? I wish our guys had that quality. But at the same time it doesn't help with pop subbing the wrong players