PDA

View Full Version : Was that tim duncan i saw playing today?

manu the best
04-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Ooh man did i like the intensity timmy showed today. He was intense from the get go. He took the lost yesterday to the heart and came out today to prove people wrong. His energy seemed to rub of to everybody. Even MANU was totally into the game. If timmy can play with this kind of energy in the playoffs oh he will be deadly.

freetiago
04-13-2012, 01:26 AM
hes coasting til the playoffs
this year hes looking a lot better
last year he had maybe 5 dunks all season and then he had 3 in game one of the playoffs
this season hes been beating other teams bigs down the court in transition and going strong
still would like to see him float on the perimeter a little more during these meaningless games

should have been an all star this year
hes putting up the same stats as marc gasol in 10 minutes less and he dominated him today

also really getting tired of hearing people say duncan is turning back the clock about every other game
do people ever just think that maybe hes just a damn good player

007nites
04-13-2012, 01:51 AM
hes coasting til the playoffs
this year hes looking a lot better
last year he had maybe 5 dunks all season and then he had 3 in game one of the playoffs
this season hes been beating other teams bigs down the court in transition and going strong
still would like to see him float on the perimeter a little more during these meaningless games

should have been an all star this year
hes putting up the same stats as marc gasol in 10 minutes less and he dominated him today

also really getting tired of hearing people say duncan is turning back the clock about every other game
do people ever just think that maybe hes just a damn good player

:toast

Legacy
04-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Yeah. He had his "Mean Face" on, the nostrils were flaring, fire-breathing all over the place, etc, etc, lol.

I don't blame him one bit after what all he was forced to "tackle" last night. FFS.

Take it out on your next opponent, I say! Fuck 'em.

:whine

Cow Eye
04-13-2012, 02:00 AM
It was a flash of the Duncan of yore bishes.

Spurtacus
04-13-2012, 02:11 AM
The magic of Merlin should never surprise you.

100%duncan
04-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Yup. Turning back the clock per usual

Fernando TD21
04-13-2012, 07:34 AM
z8i0IOnTcHY

MaNu4Tres
04-13-2012, 07:57 AM
It's been probably 4-5 years since I've seen him move like he's moving on the offensive end.

Especially when he has the ball on the left side of the floor (posting up then throws the left shoulder and drives right-middle or facing up from triple threat position, pump faking then driving right- middle)-- haven't seen him as quick in that move since probably 2007 (no lie).

Here's a clip of a version of the move from 2005: (to be honest he's recently looked quicker than he is in the clip)
YZyzJTnnNdQ

This move was very effective for him in the prime of his career. In recent years, he's shied away from the move due to decrease in mobility-- which in turn did a number on his confidence. However, in recent months, the move is back in his offensive arsenal and is very effective again. This is a great sign for the Spurs potential offensive execution come playoff time. Let's hope he keeps the confidence growing.

Horse
04-13-2012, 12:42 PM
I think the weight loss and being in better shape helped him alot. He's now driving against bigger players I bet he could get bynum in foul trouble, gotta love it!

ViceCity84
04-13-2012, 08:14 PM
1st round exit last year was a bitch and a big bruise to Duncan's ego and the Spurs.
They gonna be like last year's Mavs,trying to prove everyone wrong.

007nites
04-14-2012, 12:13 AM
I think the weight loss and being in better shape helped him alot. He's now driving against bigger players I bet he could get bynum in foul trouble, gotta love it!

It helped. Around 04-05 I think Tim was at his heaviest around 260ish. I think he's around 240 right now.

pgardn
04-14-2012, 08:52 PM
So what the heck is his deal tonight...

He is moving so much better than the beginning of the season.

SpursRock20
04-14-2012, 09:20 PM
So what the heck is his deal tonight...

He is moving so much better than the beginning of the season.

His knees look the best I have seen in years. His lateral quickness is still lacking but his drives to the rim look very nice! This is the Duncan we need in the playoffs.

Spurtacus
04-14-2012, 10:20 PM
He got tired of being called a tired old shitbag by Giuseppe.

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2012, 11:21 PM
when timmy gives a damn and looks pissed, thats when the frogfaces ballhogging wankers on the team should be looking out for him....

Legacy
04-14-2012, 11:45 PM
:worthy: OMFG! HE WAS A NOSTRIL-FLARING, FIRE-BREATHING BEAST YET AGAIN TONIGHT!! That LA Game really PISSED HIM THE FUCK OFF (and yes, I already know he has been building up since the season began ;))!!

^II^

Oh, Lord... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET THIS MADNESS CONTINUE!! Because I am lov.ing.it!! <3 :king

spursfan4ever
04-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Timmy is playing awesome! He is playing like a player looking for a new contract next year. :stirpot:

ViceCity84
04-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Duncan looking like 2008
Good sign