PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Slovenia!

smaka
04-13-2012, 02:52 PM
So, as I saw thread from a guy from Germany few minutes ago, I thought "hey, I should introduce myself too". I truly hope it doesn't bother you. :)

I am 18 years old girl from a small country called Slovenia, which you probably know because of Beno Udrih, Rasho Nesterovic and Goran "the dragon" Dragic.

Since I know for NBA there was always only one team I cheered for - :flag: I remember I watched Spurs games in the middle of the night (most of the nba games are when it's around 2, 3 am in the morning here) when I was only 10 years old. My family couldn't (and still doesn't) understand why waking up at 2 am in the morning for "just a basketball game" is so important, but I don't bother with that, because they will probably never understand what it is like when your heart beats so hard for one team. I kept my routine of waking up until now and am planning to keep it on, as much as school allows me.

The reason why I started to cheer for Spurs is simple - Tim Duncan. He's by far my favourite player not only in NBA, but overall. His basketball skills are amazing, but what I extremely appreciate is his personality - modest, friendly, and always puts team on the first place, not his own stats. I think he should be role model to all young children who want to become basketball players one day. I used to play basketball too (guess which number I had), but then had to stop because of the injury and couldn't find my way back.

So as you could see, Spurs are the one and the only team I root for in the NBA, the reason is TD, but I love them for more reasons. What I like the most is their way of playing, which involves the whole team, good chemistry without any big stars who think they are the best etc. Of course players like TD, Manu and Tony are big stars, but their behaviour is far away from "I'm the best", if you know what I mean. Spurs system is based on great team chemistry, and this is what I like. In the end, basketball is a team sport, isn't it?

I just want you to know that Spurs have huge support even here in Europe :toast I know Tim Duncan is not going to play forever, but even when he ends his amazing career, I am 1000% sure I will stay Spurs fan until I watch NBA. And yes, I will keep on waking up in the middle of the night to see them play! Lucky you, who can watch NBA games in the evening, enjoy that! I'm jealous of you, I admit.

PS: I hope we will celebrate :lobt: this summer! :)

Splits
04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Pics will be necessary to verify authenticity that this isn't a troll. Preferably on a beach in the French Riviera.

DJB
04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Pics will be necessary to verify authenticity that this isn't a troll. Preferably on a beach in the French Riviera.

Quit creepin' on teenage Slovenian's.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the blog

dunkman
04-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Welcome to ST . . .

manufan10
04-13-2012, 03:06 PM
:ttiwwp:

manufan10
04-13-2012, 03:07 PM
BTW, Welcome. :D

smaka
04-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Thanks for welcome manufan10, dunkman and Cant_Be_Faded!

celldweller
04-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Geetings Smaka, nice intro. I was born in LA, grew up a Laker fan, and jumped shipped for the same reasons you listed (besides moving to Texas in 92). Spur till I die, or until Pop extends Blair.

TheSkeptic
04-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi! Thanks for sharing :toast

Texas_Ranger
04-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey there... and yea, show a picture girl. :rollin

Mel_13
04-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Welcome to SpursTalk

Splits
04-13-2012, 04:20 PM
I think this is her.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/gallery/slovenia-wag-sandra/s4-desno_gallery_image.jpg

Legacy
04-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Welcome!

I am hoping (I said hoping, lol) to move back to Italy (I miss it ssoooo much!) sometime in the next couple of years. I'm already an insomniac, so those times don't sound bad to me at all. :lol

Ciao! Ciao! .. And again, Welcome! :toast

easy7
04-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the jungle... Sounds like you talk a lot of smaka.

DMC
04-13-2012, 06:11 PM
When in Slovenia, do as the other Slovs.

rascal
04-13-2012, 06:36 PM
So, as I saw thread from a guy from Germany few minutes ago, I thought "hey, I should introduce myself too". I truly hope it doesn't bother you. :)

I am 18 years old girl from a small country called Slovenia, which you probably know because of Beno Udrih, Rasho Nesterovic and Goran "the dragon" Dragic.

Since I know for NBA there was always only one team I cheered for - :flag: I remember I watched Spurs games in the middle of the night (most of the nba games are when it's around 2, 3 am in the morning here) when I was only 10 years old. My family couldn't (and still doesn't) understand why waking up at 2 am in the morning for "just a basketball game" is so important, but I don't bother with that, because they will probably never understand what it is like when your heart beats so hard for one team. I kept my routine of waking up until now and am planning to keep it on, as much as school allows me.

The reason why I started to cheer for Spurs is simple - Tim Duncan. He's by far my favourite player not only in NBA, but overall. His basketball skills are amazing, but what I extremely appreciate is his personality - modest, friendly, and always puts team on the first place, not his own stats. I think he should be role model to all young children who want to become basketball players one day. I used to play basketball too (guess which number I had), but then had to stop because of the injury and couldn't find my way back.

So as you could see, Spurs are the one and the only team I root for in the NBA, the reason is TD, but I love them for more reasons. What I like the most is their way of playing, which involves the whole team, good chemistry without any big stars who think they are the best etc. Of course players like TD, Manu and Tony are big stars, but their behaviour is far away from "I'm the best", if you know what I mean. Spurs system is based on great team chemistry, and this is what I like. In the end, basketball is a team sport, isn't it?

I just want you to know that Spurs have huge support even here in Europe :toast I know Tim Duncan is not going to play forever, but even when he ends his amazing career, I am 1000% sure I will stay Spurs fan until I watch NBA. And yes, I will keep on waking up in the middle of the night to see them play! Lucky you, who can watch NBA games in the evening, enjoy that! I'm jealous of you, I admit.

You can tape the game and watch it later. Just make sure you don't see the score beforehand.

And welcome to the site :toast.

smaka
04-14-2012, 02:14 AM
noo, I like live games. Watching taped game brings no excitement :)

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2012, 02:28 AM
post pic or ur a troll

ps. dont worry we dont PS here...

Venti Quattro
04-14-2012, 02:43 AM
...or post in Slovenian. Not that we'd understand it, but it's enough. :lol

:lol people asking for pictures

ata
04-14-2012, 04:16 AM
...or post in Slovenian. Not that we'd understand it, but it's enough. :lol

:lol people asking for pictures

There is more than enough posters who do.

@smaka: torej - nekaj napiši v slovenščini, samo toliko, da se prepričamo.

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2012, 04:30 AM
damn we havnt had a bravatar for this season....

post up ur tits in bra now

smaka
04-14-2012, 05:04 AM
evo ti ata, slovenščino :) upam da bom s tem končno potrdila, da nisem troll :) sicer me itak noben ne bo razumeu ampak ok haha. Aja, dons je na šport tvju prenos Spurs-Phoenix, bo treba gledat.

U understood everything, right? hehe

Kamnik
04-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Pozdravljena! :) Nas je še kar Slovencev tu (odkar je Rašo prvič podpisal) - dobrodošla!

smaka
04-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Hvala :)

Btw, I forgot to mention how awesome it is to have birthday on the same day as Timmy.... :D

Texas_Ranger
04-14-2012, 05:45 AM
Dobro, zdej je nejbrž jasno da si slovenka... lahk bi fseeno dala še kako sliko, da naši kolegi iz amerike bojo sigurni. hahaha :rollin

It's nice to see that the Spurs game is on Štv, but still won't watch it there cause our commentators suck, the only one I like is Zoran Markič.

Rapper
04-14-2012, 05:45 AM
Goran Dragic :wakeup?

smaka
04-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Dobro, zdej je nejbrž jasno da si slovenka... lahk bi fseeno dala še kako sliko, da naši kolegi iz amerike bojo sigurni. hahaha :rollin

It's nice to see that the Spurs game is on Štv, but still won't watch it there cause our commentators suck, the only one I like is Zoran Markič.

well I prefer comfort over commentators tbh.

velik_m
04-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Welcome, and don't be bothered by all the creeps in here.

BillMc
04-14-2012, 09:58 AM

Hi! Welcome aboard! I have been to Slovenia only once. (I spent a week in Ljubljana when my good friend married a girl from there). It's an incredible city one of my favorites in the world! Also went to the countryside. Gorgeous place!

Anyway, always good to have Spurs fans on this side of the pond. (I am an American in Ukraine). :flag: We'll all be bleary eyed together as the Spurs march deep into the playoffs!:flag:

Best, Bill

Slomo
04-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Pozdravljena! :) Nas je še kar Slovencev tu (odkar je Rašo prvič podpisal) - dobrodošla!

Eni smo tle celo od prej :)

IP: Confirmed
Slovenian language: Confirmed

Now all we need is to check she's really an 18 years old girl... :p:

100%duncan
04-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Welcome! :toast

Slomo
04-14-2012, 10:44 AM
... (I am an American in Ukraine)....

My god man! What did you do? Took a wrong turn in Vienna and missed your stop in Bratislava? :lol

There's a lot of wandering Americans these days all over Eastern Europe. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do there?

Venti Quattro
04-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Aren't Americans in Ukraine a death sentence?

smaka
04-14-2012, 11:10 AM
thanks guys for warm welcome!

since u all want to se picture, I was wondering, there probably isn't a lot of girls here on forum, right?

BillMc
04-14-2012, 11:11 AM
My god man! What did you do? Took a wrong turn in Vienna and missed your stop in Bratislava? :lol

There's a lot of wandering Americans these days all over Eastern Europe. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do there?

Well, I took the wrong turn seven years ago! :) I've lived in Latvia, Estonia, Russia and Ukraine and visited most of the other major countries. I'm a writer. I write about Eastern Europe, predominantly historical fiction set in the region. I've had some stories published in well-known fiction mags, and have my first novel, LENIN'S HAREM, coming out in December. It's about the Red Riflemen of the Russian Revolution and the birth and death of the first Latvian state, nothing to do with a real harem. leninsharem.com (http://www.leninsharem.com)

Back (closer) to the topic, I loved Slovenia and hope someday to add that to the places I've lived and have written about.

Slomo
04-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Well, I took the wrong turn seven years ago! :) I've lived in Latvia, Estonia, Russia and Ukraine and visited most of the other major countries. I'm a writer. I write about Eastern Europe, predominantly historical fiction set in the region. I've had some stories published in well-known fiction mags, and have my first novel, LENIN'S HAREM, coming out in December. It's about the Red Riflemen of the Russian Revolution and the birth and death of the first Latvian state, nothing to do with a real harem. leninsharem.com (http://www.leninsharem.com)

Back (closer) to the topic, I loved Slovenia and hope someday to add that to the places I've lived and have written about.

:tu

I'm an avid reader and love fiction that has a solid foundation in historic facts. Will definitely check your book when it comes out. Any chance it will be published in electronic form? (ie Amazon Kindle?)

BillMc
04-14-2012, 11:36 AM
:tu

I'm an avid reader and love fiction that has a solid foundation in historic facts. Will definitely check your book when it comes out. Any chance it will be published in electronic form? (ie Amazon Kindle?)

Hey man, thanks!:toast I just sent you a private message so not to sidetrack the thread!

Cheers, Bill

BillMc
04-14-2012, 11:43 AM

Btw, I forgot to mention how awesome it is to have birthday on the same day as Timmy.... :D

Your birthday is the same as Timmy's? Yeah that would be cool.

DMC
04-14-2012, 12:33 PM

I share one with Pop, so we probably can build a team now.

smaka
04-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah maybe we could lol. is there anyone who shares bday with Manu or Tony? hehe

Slo spurs fan
04-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Bemti saj nas je tukaj več kot Kitajcev. ;)

Tp9gospursgo
04-14-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm a girl too! No one has ever suspected me being a girl i'm sure.

easy7
04-14-2012, 02:31 PM
I share my b-day with the Coyote...does that count? :lmao jk. but its in this month.

I'm a girl too! No one has ever suspected me being a girl i'm sure.
Never would have suspected.

Ozzy
04-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Bemti saj nas je tukaj več kot Kitajcev. ;)

Res je :-)

spurs10
04-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Welcome! It's nice to know Tim is respected universally!

smaka
04-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Welcome! It's nice to know Tim is respected universally!

It's impossible not to respect a player like him!

:flag:

Kobayagi
04-14-2012, 03:24 PM
I think we need this emoticon with a slovenian flag. :flag:

Slomo, make it happen!

Pozdrave v Slovenijo!

Slo spurs fan
04-14-2012, 03:56 PM
I think we need this emoticon with a slovenian flag. :flag:

Slomo, make it happen!

Pozdrave v Slovenijo!

That would be really cool.

manufan10
04-14-2012, 03:57 PM
I share my b-day with the Coyote...does that count? :lmao jk. but its in this month.

Never would have suspected.

:lmao

Legacy
04-14-2012, 04:58 PM
thanks guys for warm welcome!

since u all want to se picture, I was wondering, there probably isn't a lot of girls here on forum, right?

Hi There, Chica! We must stick together on here... :D

Kamnik
04-15-2012, 04:58 AM
Eni smo tle celo od prej :)

Respek! :)

I was completely sure all of us came here "with" Rasho and Beno. :) When did you start following the Spurs?

@Kobayagi: Excellent idea! :wow

Texas_Ranger
04-15-2012, 05:12 AM
I didn't start following the Spurs cause of Rasho or Beno, I'm a fan since 99, just didn't know the Spurstalk existed till 05.

Slomo
04-15-2012, 08:46 AM

I was completely sure all of us came here "with" Rasho and Beno. :) When did you start following the Spurs?

@Kobayagi: Excellent idea! :wow

I have always followed the NBA from afar, but the noise over the Spurs winning the lottery in '97 made me pay attention. Robinson and Tim quickly became my favourite players. In reality at that time I was more or less only following the scores and rare articles available over here (and the few games that were shown on RTVS).

When Tony got drafted The french Canal+ started showing a lot of Spurs games and their encryption sucked so you could watch with key cards from Russia, so that was the first year I really started watching the Spurs (and losing a lot of sleep). At that time I was reading SR and noticed the exodus to ST. I followed both forums for a while but only started posting with the Rasho acquisition.

After Kori and LJ moved the forum from that free forum community (can't remember the name anymore) to their own server I started doing graphics for the forum.

I've been here since then and the way I see it, there's still room in my staircase:
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Misc/StairwaytoheavenII.jpg

polandprzem
04-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Slomo my man

:worthy:

Kamnik
04-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Beyond awsome!

Man In Black
04-15-2012, 10:23 AM
My wife and I met Slomo on one of our trips out to San Antonio through Kori and LJ. On that day, the Spurs lost and Beno played like crap. Truthfully though meeting people from the forum is awesome.

Slovenians Rock!:toast

fonzy16
04-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Evo, pa da še jaz ček-in naredim. Sem fan od Spursov odkar je Ginobili šel k njim, Duncana pa spremljam že od collegea dalje. Drugače pa bolj poredko na forumu.

:flag:

Slomo
04-15-2012, 01:26 PM
My wife and I met Slomo on one of our trips out to San Antonio through Kori and LJ. On that day, the Spurs lost and Beno played like crap. Truthfully though meeting people from the forum is awesome.

Slovenians Rock!:toast

:lol

I remember you well. :toast

Kobayagi
04-15-2012, 01:29 PM

I was completely sure all of us came here "with" Rasho and Beno. :)

Most of us probably did (member since 05), but at least we didn't leave when they left. :toast

Slomo
04-15-2012, 01:36 PM
... but at least we didn't leave when they left. :toast

True, and it's a good thing. The next wave will come with Lorbek next year :p:

Kobayagi
04-15-2012, 01:38 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Lorbek won't play in the NBA. Ever.

Slomo
04-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Lorbek won't play in the NBA. Ever.

I agree with you. It's a shame that he doesn't even want to see how he fits in this totally different world. I think he has the BB IQ to do well, but maybe he doesn't have the motivation (and IQ alone is not enough).

Kamnik
04-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Honestly said I think Lorbek is physically much more suited for Euro basketball than the NBA. His ceiling here would probably be "Matt Bonner". And even that would take him 1-2 years to adapt.

IMO this is one of the reasons why he didn't decide to come sooner. Not to mention his father who directs his career...

smaka
04-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Honestly said I think Lorbek is physically much more suited for Euro basketball than the NBA. His ceiling here would probably be "Matt Bonner". And even that would take him 1-2 years to adapt.

IMO this is one of the reasons why he didn't decide to come sooner. Not to mention his father who directs his career...

This. If anybody here knows the background of the Lorbek family, you probably know father is pretty influencing man. If anybody wants to know what happened last year when Erazem first said he won't be playing for Slovenian national team, you can send me PM.

Tbh I don't think Erazem would be as good in the nba as he is in Europe. In my opinion he is physically too weak, but instead of that has amazing technique. So I'm not really sure how he would match up with strong "gorillaz" like Dwight and others...

Kamnik
04-15-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd love to hear your take and possiblly source about last summer and Lorbek.

smaka
04-15-2012, 02:45 PM
I'd love to hear your take and possiblly source about last summer and Lorbek.

Well to simplify, on a lot of forums people were saying that he denied to play for NT because his youngest brother Klemen wasn't invited to the NT. (to remember, Domen was invited to play, but couldn't due to foot injury). So his father was probably sad and angry that Klemen didn't get the invitation (tbh, he didn't deserve it), and therefore wanted that Erazem wouldn't play either. "All or nobody".

A lot about his youngest brother was said also when Klemen played for the best Slovenian team Union Olimpija, because he really isn't so good and doesn't have the efficient quality to play for them. So there were speculations he is in the club just because his father wanted and said so.

To remind you how influencing their father is - he is one of the head men in Aba (adriatic basketball) league.

Texas_Ranger
04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
played against Klemen on a streetball tournament and the guy can't even play basketball. LOL @ his father who thinks he should play for the NT.

Kobayagi
04-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Well to simplify, on a lot of forums people were saying that he denied to play for NT because his youngest brother Klemen wasn't invited to the NT. (to remember, Domen was invited to play, but couldn't due to foot injury). So his father was probably sad and angry that Klemen didn't get the invitation (tbh, he didn't deserve it), and therefore wanted that Erazem wouldn't play either. "All or nobody".

A lot about his youngest brother was said also when Klemen played for the best Slovenian team Union Olimpija, because he really isn't so good and doesn't have the efficient quality to play for them. So there were speculations he is in the club just because his father wanted and said so.

To remind you how influencing their father is - he is one of the head men in Aba (adriatic basketball) league.

I think we all know all that. I think even Zdovc said that publicly about Olimpija and Klemen and father Lorbek. I thought you had some insider info.

timvp
04-15-2012, 05:12 PM
I am 18 years old girl from a small country called Slovenia

For a second, I thought it was Slomo's daughter ... but then realized it hasn't been that long since he's been in town :lol

timvp
04-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Oh and Slomo, the only think I don't like about your staircase is it looks too complete. You should make room . . .

http://dailyelements.com/slomonew.jpg

Kobayagi
04-15-2012, 05:33 PM
It looks like there's more room on the right of the last frame. :lol

Edit: lol, didn't realize you shopped his pic. :lol

Slomo
04-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh and Slomo, the only think I don't like about your staircase is it looks too complete. You should make room . . .

http://dailyelements.com/slomonew.jpg

Don't you worry about my staircase it's plenty long enough for a lot more front pages. Hell, if that becomes a problem, I'll gladly build an extension!

I checked smaka's IP immediately, because I had a similar concern :lol

I mean we all still remember what happened to Sequ...

spurs1990
04-15-2012, 06:21 PM
You ppl clamoring for pics, the OP could post anything and you still wouldn't know if that photo is their's.

Jeez Louise

Kobayagi
04-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Wait ... people lie on the internets?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Nice pics. au naturale

Whisky Dog
04-16-2012, 12:12 AM

Ya te volim

MannyIsGod
04-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Whats this "Slovenia" you speak of? I vaguely remember some brandy from there.

smaka
04-16-2012, 03:05 AM
lol guys, this went sooo off topic xD

Kobayagi
04-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Ya te volim

Saying this to someone from Slovenia makes as much sense as me replying "Te quiero" to you when you tell me you're from the States.

Gagnrath
04-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Kobayagi, considering that the US has no official language and is made up of sections formerly owned by England, France, Mexico, Russia and Spain. I would expect a large number of people there to speak Spanish. I would also expect a large number to speak English and French, but a majority of the place is former Mexican and Spanish territory.

Kobayagi
04-16-2012, 10:34 AM
but a majority of the place is former Mexican and Spanish territory.

And that's the reason I used Spanish. Slovenia used to be a part of the country whose language was used by Whisky Dog, however, that's not Slovenian language.