04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
:lol

Bet nobody saw this coming.

Proxy
04-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Spursfan is weird

sehui
04-13-2012, 05:50 PM
its kind of a fact that tony isn't good against strong physical frontcourt teams. When you're a PG that thrives off finishing off the lane with decreasing speed because of age/fatigue and not super athletic, you're not going to play well.

DMC
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Tony is still the best player on the team. If he sucks, you might as well start watching triple header spitting contests on wgaf MLB.

FkLA
04-13-2012, 06:05 PM
its kind of a fact that tony isn't good against strong physical frontcourt teams. When you're a PG that thrives off finishing off the lane with decreasing speed because of age/fatigue and not super athletic, you're not going to play well.

:tu

Goran Dragic
04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
:lolutpl:loly:lold by Mik:lol C:lolnl:loly

Goran Dragic
04-13-2012, 06:08 PM
But yeah, PGs always shrivel up against big, physical teams. Naturally someone who's barely 6 feet tall is gonna shrivel up against a team with two 7 footers guarding the rim. That's why PG oriented teams lose in the playoffs.

spursince#99
04-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Hell no Manu is still the best player on this team and it was evident last night. He has more heart and ambition when things aren't going right, and won't get intimidated when he sees two 7 footers. He'll go right at them. Seeing as that's the competition in the playoffs and not the scrub teams Tony goes nuts on, Manu is clearly better.

DesignatedT
04-13-2012, 08:38 PM
go away

100%duncan
04-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Your late. This is spoiled food.

therealtruth
04-13-2012, 09:55 PM
The thing that hurts Tony the most is the lack of confidence in his jumpshot. If guys are going to pack the paint and meet him at the rim he has to be able to hit it consistently.

Spurs4#5
04-13-2012, 09:58 PM
The thing that hurts Tony the most is the lack of confidence in his jumpshot. If guys are going to pack the paint and meet him at the rim he has to be able to hit it consistently.
tony doesnt lack confidence in his jump shot

Legacy
04-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Too many damn Tony-Haters on this forum.

Parker looks like he is my asshole ex-boyfriend's identical twin brother (no joke, lol)... and I STILL don't hate him half as much some of you guys. Such a shame.

Brazil
04-17-2012, 11:54 PM
:lol FkLA

slick'81
04-17-2012, 11:55 PM
what a pussy

Brazil
04-17-2012, 11:55 PM
:lol not calling him a mvp candidate
:lol manus team
:lol shriveling up against big physical teams for years

mabrignani
04-17-2012, 11:58 PM
i used to think that manu was better than tp and was firm in that belief, but now its clear that tp is our best player and if he goes down we couldnt manage half as well as we could if manu went down

Spurtacus
04-18-2012, 12:05 AM
lol haters

FkLA
04-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Tony was more aggressive tonight but the biggest reason he had a great game was because his jumpshot was money. I wont rest my hopes on Tony shooting that way on a consistent basis, wouldve liked to have seen him attack the Lakers bigs more. Also some of you are retarded cherry pickers...one game doesnt change the fact that hes had a tendency to disappear against these type of big, physical teams.

Brazil
04-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Tony was more aggressive tonight but the biggest reason he had a great game was because his jumpshot was money. I wont rest my hopes on Tony shooting that way on a consistent basis, wouldve liked to have seen him attack the Lakers bigs more. Also some of you are retarded cherry pickers...one game doesnt change the fact that hes had a tendency to disappear against these type of big, physical teams.

TP doesn't disappear against big physical teams. Against the lakers he puts the same number than against the rest of the league, against grizz his FG% is a bit lower and he has 0.6 more TOs, the rest is in line.

:lol disappearing

housious
04-18-2012, 12:23 AM

I wish there was a better word to describe you than "faggot."

Unfortunately, there isn't. So shut the fuck up, faggot.

FkLA
04-18-2012, 12:45 AM
TP doesn't disappear against big physical teams. Against the lakers he puts the same number than against the rest of the league, against grizz his FG% is a bit lower and he has 0.6 more TOs, the rest is in line.

:lol disappearing

:lol looking strictly at stats

His numbers against Memphis last year look respectable. But only an idiot would say he actually played well. Parker has struggled against big, physical teams theres plenty of proof in the past...off the top of my head and without looking into it deeper; Phil Jackson would neutralize him all the time in the playoffs, he struggled against Detroit in 05', you have the Memphis series last year, Chicago game this year, the LA&Memphis back to back this season, etc. His huge series' have usually been against less physical teams like the Suns or Cavs.

This game doesnt change any of that. Hell have his share of solid games against these big, physical teams when his jumpshot is on. His jumpshot is too inconsistent to expect this on a nightly basis though. Id be more confident if Tony did most of his damage where hes most effective.

T Park
04-18-2012, 12:48 AM

Sniff sniff...

Troll got trolled.

elemento
04-18-2012, 12:48 AM
lol some Spurs fans are disgusting

Parker is easily the most unappreciated Spur of all-time

FkLA
04-18-2012, 12:50 AM
How is being realistic about the type of teams Tony struggles against disgusting/hating? :lol

Brazil
04-18-2012, 12:51 AM
:lol looking strictly at stats

His numbers against Memphis last year look respectable. But only an idiot would say he actually played well. Parker has struggled against big, physical teams theres plenty of proof in the past...off the top of my head and without looking into it deeper; Phil Jackson would neutralize him all the time in the playoffs, he struggled against Detroit in 05', you have the Memphis series last year, Chicago game this year, the LA&Memphis back to back this season, etc. His huge series' have usually been against less physical teams like the Suns or Cavs.

This game doesnt change any of that. Hell have his share of solid games against these big, physical teams when his jumpshot is on. His jumpshot is too inconsistent to expect this on a nightly basis though. Id be more confident if Tony did most of his damage where hes most effective.

Im not saying he doesn't struggle a bit against that teams but this is one thing to say he struggles a bit and another to say he is disappearing. Against the lakers incl POs the last 5 years, he has 19 ppg, near 50% FG, 6 assists and 2 TOs... I'm sorry saying he disappears is laughable at best.

Brazil
04-18-2012, 12:53 AM
How is being realistic about the type of teams Tony struggles against disgusting/hating? :lol

because you are a well established TP hater... look at your sig dude...

usually your takes about TP are :lol

FkLA
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Im not saying he doesn't struggle a bit against that teams but this is one thing to say he struggles a bit and another to say he is disappearing. Against the lakers incl POs the last 5 years, he has 19 ppg, near 50% FG, 6 assists and 2 TOs... I'm sorry saying he disappears is laughable at best.

Ok, he doesnt flat out dissapear but he shrinks against these type of teams. The fact that hes usually always supposed to be the teams biggest advantage on paper (vs Fisher, vs Conley, etc) and ends up shrinking just makes it worse tbh.

because you are a well established TP hater... look at your sig dude...

usually your takes about TP are :lol

I dont hate the guy Im just a big critic of his game. Im a critic of his jumpshot, I personally wouldnt rely on it to take us far. He needs to attack the paint in order for him and the team to be at their best...something he usually fails to do against big, physical teams.

gilmor
04-18-2012, 12:58 AM

Hey bro, just give credit when it's due...

I know Manu is better than TP when he is not injured..

But Spurs is more than just TP and Manu..

this Manu vs TP shit is getting old..

FkLA
04-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Hey bro, just give credit when it's due...

I know Manu is better than TP when he is not injured..

But Spurs is more than just TP and Manu..

this Manu vs TP shit is getting old..

Tony was ridiculous tonight.

will_spurs
04-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Tony was ridiculous tonight.

So were you.

FkLA
04-18-2012, 01:39 PM
So were you.

Nah. I was on point with my rebuttals but nowhere near Parkers level tbh. :toast

Mel_13
04-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Tony shrinking again...

Bambililos
04-21-2012, 03:22 AM
He was lucky once again. Fluke points, flukes assists...

I hope he stays this lucky for the playoffs, tbh.

Legacy
04-21-2012, 04:55 AM
Tony who...??

mkurts
04-21-2012, 04:58 AM
What Manu's team ??

This is Duncan's team, after Robinson of course.

will_spurs
04-21-2012, 04:59 AM
He was lucky once again. Fluke points, flukes assists...

I hope he stays this lucky for the playoffs, tbh.

Actually, he was lucky for the whole season. In fact, for his whole career. I mean, he's lucky, that's all. Lucky.

FkLA
06-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Repeat of 04' and then you Parker nuthuggers wonder why spurfan is so hard on the fuckin Frenchie. Hes supposed to be the best PG in the NBA and a Top 3 MVP candidate and yet a 34 yr old Manu has to carry the load because his balls shriveled up when the going got tough. And before any of you fags call out TD to justify Parkers piss poor play, Duncan is old and is the reason why we have 4 championships so fuck off. Parker being neutralized is the reason why the Spurs are in a 3-2 hole.

Just when I was starting to come around and thought this french faggot had evolved into a big time player too :pctoss

therealtruth
06-05-2012, 02:35 AM
Repeat of 04' and then you Parker nuthuggers wonder why spurfan is so hard on the fuckin Frenchie. Hes supposed to be the best PG in the NBA and a Top 3 MVP candidate and yet a 34 yr old Manu has to carry the load because his balls shriveled up when the going got tough. And before any of you fags call out TD to justify Parkers piss poor play, Duncan is old and is the reason why we have 4 championships so fuck off. Parker being neutralized is the reason why the Spurs are in a 3-2 hole.

Just when I was starting to come around and thought this french faggot had evolved into a big time player too :pctoss
He had to get bailed out by Manu. He's not ready to lead a team yet.

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2012, 02:44 AM
damn the brotherhood of the TP haters club is out strong and about, where were you clowns all these years when i was the only lone man on this board giving him and his fans shit...

FkLA
06-05-2012, 02:48 AM
He had to get bailed out by Manu. He's not ready to lead a team yet.

Manu tried his best to right the ship. Parker refused to follow suit though.

damn the brotherhood of the TP haters club is out strong and about, where were you clowns all these years when i was the only lone man on this board giving him and his fans shit...

This thread is from earlier in the year brother, Ive probably been TPs biggest critic all year. And shit like what hes pulling off in this series is the reason why. If he doesnt grow some balls for Game 6 not even the biggest Parker nuthugger will be able to argue that he is by far the worst big game player out of the Big 3.

G-Dawgg
06-05-2012, 03:36 AM
Tony Parker failed

Spurs da champs
06-05-2012, 03:45 AM

Agreed....but Duncan still could of showed up in the 1st half.

sehui
06-05-2012, 05:22 AM

Looks like I'm correct.

Never was on the church of tony, never will be.

Tony is only going to get worse as he gets older - he HAS to develop a consistent jumper. Not that hard, you're a professional NBA player. Work with Chip England some more.

FkLA
06-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Looks like I'm correct.

Tony is only going to get worse as he gets older - he HAS to develop a consistent jumper. Not that hard, you're a professional NBA player. Work with Chip England some more.

You were one of the few that shared the same opinion as me tbh. Its really simple--a PG that relies on scoring points in the paint to do most of his damage will find things tougher when he faces more physical opponents. The inconsistency of Tonys jumpshot has always made it easy for teams to neutralize him. Or atleast more easy than what it should be to neutralize the supposed best PG in the league.

sehui
06-05-2012, 05:40 AM
You were one of the few that shared the same opinion as me tbh. Its really simple--a PG that relies on scoring points in the paint to do most of his damage will find things tougher when he faces more physical opponents. The inconsistency of Tonys jumpshot has always made it easy for teams to neutralize him. Or atleast more easy than what it should be to neutralize the supposed best PG in the league.

Cheers mate. Never was on the Church of Tony, never will be.

While I applaud his stellar play during the regular season, there was no way I was going to expect him to continue it in the post season. Playing with his french national team at the age of 29 wasn't going to make Tony an MVP caliber talent for life.

He was the playmaker for the Spurs incredible season, and our best and most consistent player during the reg season, therefore, the NBA media has to give Tony a "nod" for MVP talk.

mingus
06-05-2012, 05:42 AM
It is all in Tony's head. That is what is so depressing. No one can guard him. His shooting stroke is fine. It's his lack confidence that is the problem. His swag is gone, and even if he somehow gets it back in game 6 I doubt it isn't too late.

therealtruth
06-05-2012, 01:25 PM
It is all in Tony's head. That is what is so depressing. No one can guard him. His shooting stroke is fine. It's his lack confidence that is the problem. His swag is gone, and even if he somehow gets it back in game 6 I doubt it isn't too late.

Their playing him so much for the shot that he should be able to create more passing opportunities. There was a nice basket he created for Duncan late in the game due to him being aggressive. I think that's the key. He has to be aggressive and under control.

therealtruth
06-05-2012, 01:35 PM

Tony showed signs this season of advancing beyond that this season and continuing to be able to contribute even when he wasn't scoring. He averaged a career high assists per game. He outplayed Chris Paul last series. Westbrook < Chris Paul.

z0sa
06-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Two seasons in a row Parker has fell off hard. At least we now know why he always deferred to Manu.

Brazil
06-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I posted that on the nba forum: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198851&page=2

"At the beginning of the POs I said that the Spurs will go as far as Tim will go. During the 20 wins streak Tim seemed to be rejuvenated and played like a dominant big making pay the team playin' D one on one. On that serie, he is back to 2011 Tim unfortunately.

The ceiling of the 2011/2012 spurs was the WCF.

I hope he will prove me wrong but TP is not a franchise player capable to be the best player of a championship team, never was, never will be. Once again I hope I will eat a crow saying that but I don't see it.

It doesn't mean he is not a great player. He carried the Spurs all the year, he is fighting during this serie on both side of the court. I cannot blame the lack of effort: he attacked the rim, defended westbrook like crazy, had a crazy game 2 (without his production spurs would already be out)."

This sums up what I have to say on the topic. I've always said he is not the kind of player (capable to be the best player on a nba championship team). Except freak of nature aka Magic I don't see a lot of PG in nba history who did it either tbh."

Saying that it doesn't remove all he has done this year so far in the RS and in the POs and yes he deserved to be in the mvp conversation, mvp is for RS accomplishments except for Durant and Lebron I don't see tons of other players that had a better season than TP.

He is capable to be untouchable against okc (he showed that game 2). I hope he has a last run in him for game 6.

SpursFaninMS
06-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Manu went f'ing nuts last night and we still never got the offense going and lost to a team who had three key players (four if you want to include Perk) in foul trouble early in the third.

Manu is my favorite player...ever. There are a lot of things I don't like about Tony. But like or not....this is his team. He is the key. If he is not scoring or distributing to get the offense going, this team cannot be successful against good teams.

ducks
06-05-2012, 02:53 PM
manu went nuts
he still haqd 5 turnovers 6 the game before

SpursFaninMS
06-05-2012, 03:00 PM
manu went nuts

No doubt. He played recklessly.

The question is if he was reckless because he had to be a hero, or if he was a hero because he was reckless and cost us a lot of points.

I don't know. Point of my post was that Manu can put up huge numbers, but we are not going to win without Parker facilitating (or Duncan playing like I'm not sure he is capable of playing at this point in the season).

kaji157
06-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Itīs arguable, but when the shit burns Ginobili is the better player, leader, playmaker and everything.

Tony Parker can lead this team only because Ginobili and Duncan wanted him to, he couldnīt do it by himself. Duncan and Ginobili could lead the 300 to war.

therealtruth
06-05-2012, 03:31 PM
manu went nuts

Part of the problem is it also made Parker more passive.

DAF86
06-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Parker's main goal for game 6 should be to get the offense in rythm. That means making quick, smart decisions. If you have and open jumper, take it. If you have and open teammate pass it.

All the hesitation and overdribling is killing this team. The forced attacks too (that goes for Manu and all the other players too).

Brazil
06-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Parker's main goal for game 6 should be to get the offense in rythm. That means making quick, smart decisions. If you have and open jumper, take it. If you have and open teammate pass it.

All the hesitation and overdribling is killing this team. The forced attacks too (that goes for Manu and all the other players too).

Amen

FkLA
06-05-2012, 05:32 PM
If Parker doesnt show up for Game 6 he will go down as a soft Frenchie who underperformed during big games unless it was vs the Cavs/Suns/other poor defensive teams.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
fuck off

therealtruth
06-06-2012, 04:12 AM

It's funny the Spurs are the ones now relying on hero ball while the Thunder are playing as a team. Pop's being outcoached.

FkLA
01-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Man I miss the days where Enrique would dominate in the regular season (page 1) and then choke in the playoffs (pages 2-3). Now it's just year long sucking.

:depressed

Mikeanaro
01-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Looks like I'm correct.

So true :bang