PDA

View Full Version : Question for doctors/nurses/pharmacists/med people in this board

Venti Quattro
04-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Which is the most effective form of medicine to take between tablet, capsule or liquid syrup? I have a really bad case of cough and colds which has rendered my voice hoarse (almost voiceless even) for 3 days now.

Please help me. :cry

SA210
04-14-2012, 01:41 AM
I'd stay away from all that poison. Take very high doses of Vitamin D and C daily. On Vitamin D3, take at least 6000 to 8000 I.U daily while sick. Maybe about 2000 I.U when not sick.

Venti Quattro
04-14-2012, 01:46 AM
6000 to 8000? Isn't that too high? Sorry, I'm dumb in medical science matters.

mavs>spurs
04-14-2012, 01:58 AM
I'd stay away from all that poison. Take very high doses of Vitamin D and C daily. On Vitamin D3, take at least 6000 to 8000 I.U daily while sick. Maybe about 2000 I.U when not sick.

this dude's right. the best medicine is just healthy dieting and eliminating all the poisons. i haven't been sick in 7 years, and it's because i've never taken any sort of medicines except an aspirin on very rare occasion in combination with eating well. if you don't have aids or something and are reasonably healthy, there is nothing that a little vitamin C shouldn't be able to cure. don't get scammed by big pharma brah.

mavs>spurs
04-14-2012, 02:04 AM
i kid you guys not, eliminate red meat from your diet, take fish oil (from non fukushima infected waters), and eat a mostly raw diet and eliminate as much sugar/processed foods as possible and play basketball daily and you won't get sick. it's this diet that has everyone in poor health.

oh and drink green tea daily and plenty of water. seriously, so much health shit can be cured just by drinking the proper amount of water (which nobody ever really does)

jaffies
04-14-2012, 03:53 AM
Pharmacist.

You have a cold/cough. Suck it up. Everyone else does. If it gets worse after 7 days, see a doctor.

Vitamin whatever will NOT help you get over a cold. Nothing OTC will, not zinc, not vit C, nothing.

If you wanna help with the symptoms (cough,sore throat, congestion, butthurt) take something OTC and read the label. It says right on there what it will help remedy.

Drink water. Fuck bitches. Live.

Wild Cobra
04-14-2012, 04:02 AM
6000 to 8000? Isn't that too high? Sorry, I'm dumb in medical science matters.
I will not claim to know much about medicine, but it seems to me that vitamin D does not readily absorb into the blood stream, and it takes excesses to get a little, and it's hard to get too much vitamin D or C.

Tanning in more effective. It converts cholesterol in the blood to vitamin D.

SA210
04-14-2012, 09:40 AM
QABMpNC6c-U

SA210
04-14-2012, 09:45 AM
pAYWUw7UDbQ&feature=fvwrel

SA210
04-14-2012, 09:54 AM
this dude's right. the best medicine is just healthy dieting and eliminating all the poisons. i haven't been sick in 7 years, and it's because i've never taken any sort of medicines except an aspirin on very rare occasion in combination with eating well. if you don't have aids or something and are reasonably healthy, there is nothing that a little vitamin C shouldn't be able to cure. don't get scammed by big pharma brah.

Exactly.

For anyone who who says this isn't true I want to know when the last time you have been sick with cough, cold, flu, soar throat, anything, and answer honestly.

I haven't been sick since 2005 by taking these natural supplements, staying away from tap water and other things that mavs>spurs talked about.

I'm living proof. I haven't gotten sick since 2005 :lol My family is stubborn, I've tried telling them for years, but every year they get the flu, I'm all around them and they're vomiting and stuff, and i never catch it, and that's with never taking a poisonous flu shot. My immune system is just that strong. Try it and will work. Every now and again, if I feel a little scratchiness, like a cold or soar throat might be coming on, I up the dose dramatically that day of Vitamin C and D, and it's gone in no time.

F what you heard on TV or from the doctor on this subject. They don't make money if you know this. They've been taught to sell drugs.

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2012, 10:28 AM
a hard cock would do the trick

Goran Dragic
04-14-2012, 11:26 AM
go to the doctor and get some codeine brah

Venti Quattro
04-14-2012, 11:40 AM
I found some Robitussin in the medicine cabinet and I took it. Kind of feel better now...

leemajors
04-14-2012, 11:46 AM
You should be drinking kombucha on the reg. Probiotics ftw - acidophilus, sauerkraut, kimchi, unfiltered naturally brewed apple cider vinegar.

sonnytris
04-15-2012, 04:36 PM
In the last 4 years the Rx my local DR gave me worked the BEST and Right Away : Promethazine W/Codeine syrup(red) by mouth every 4 hours and let me tell you it only took twice to get rid of my problem . But have seen signs at my DR office wall recently that this will no longer be prescribed?????do not know why but it works................

DMC
04-15-2012, 05:28 PM
There's a high number of medical professionals in this thread tbh.