PDA

View Full Version : Nocioni to the Spurs if he returns to NBA?

Kindergarten Cop
04-15-2012, 10:51 AM
LINK (http://canalplus.es/nba/gnba+/temporada-2011-2012/nocioni-sincera/20120413plucandep_2/)

Would San Antonio be the place where you would like to play in case you return to the NBA?

Andres Nocioni: "Chicago first. And then it could be San Antonio."

MmP
04-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Andres is very rusty right now in terms of game, he hasn't play all year long. Maybe he can make a comeback to the nba according how he does in the olympics

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Ehhh. End of the rotation security is all he should be. Manu, Jackson, Leonard, and Green should be ahead of him. Maybe he could beat out Neal, but that's where he should be.

dunkman
04-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Ehhh. End of the rotation security is all he should be. Manu, Jackson, Leonard, and Green should be ahead of him. Maybe he could beat out Neal, but that's where he should be.

Noc plays SF or PF, he's not a guard.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Noc plays SF or PF, he's not a guard.

Excuse my rustiness. If that's the case, then he wouldn't help at all here. When adding a forward on the team this offseason, height has to be a major factor.

MmP
04-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Wow. Im gonna translate some excerps of this video interview. Chapu has some serious quotes:

In Sacramento I wanted to leave since I got there. I played as good as I could but they realise I didn't wanted to be there so eventually they traded me. Sergio Rodriguez I think could have stayed in the NBA. Evans played more minutes because he was the star but the Kings played much better with him than Tyreke as PG. Whestpal is a coach that needs more attitude and personality. Evans has an incredible talent but sometimes the franchise have to be more strict with young players. He created problems in the locker room that leaded nowhere.

TheSkeptic
04-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow. Im gonna translate some excerps of this video interview. Chapu has some serious quotes:

:wow That last quote...

Please do.

MmP
04-15-2012, 11:59 AM
What I like about Nocioni is that he does not say this in an angry manner. His words don't come from the bad situation he went through in the Kings, he's been very straight and calm in his answers.

He has a nice praise about SA despite saying he'd like playing here: "I love the way the play, very calmly, they move the ball and play the right way. I feel indentified about it. I also admire how they also find players that nobody sees."

ElNono
04-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Meh... he says he doesn't want to be that vet at the end of the bench "bringing experience". He doesn't want to end his career like that. I don't think there's much room in the NBA for him.

Reck
04-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Meh... he says he doesn't want to be that vet at the end of the bench "bringing experience". He doesn't want to end his career like that. I don't think there's much room in the NBA for him.

As long as there is room for Mcgee, there is room for anyone.

benefactor
04-15-2012, 01:34 PM
He's done. Pass.

MmP
04-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Disagree, he's what? 29? 30? he still has room in any team IMHO

pgardn
04-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Lets just keep it at Chicago first.

The End.

Texas_Ranger
04-15-2012, 02:00 PM
disagree, he's what? 29? 30? He still has room in any team imho

timvp
04-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Noc is so slow these days he has to play power forward. I've been a fan of his for a long time but at this point I'm not sure I'd even want him for the minimum.

Spurs da champs
04-15-2012, 04:10 PM
He sucks and has always been a subpar player, I've never understood the love here for him.

vander
04-15-2012, 04:18 PM
He sucks and has always been a subpar player, I've never understood the love here for him.

Argentine

Cant_Be_Faded
04-15-2012, 04:42 PM
He's never impressed me. Pass.

MmP
04-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Im gonna try to be as less KPB as possible here, but these comments are gonna give me away..

His case is pretty similar to Manu or even Oberto. You see the stats and they wont dazzle you much, but the feel of the game, the will to sacrifice, the effort on winning, the attitude. Classical argentine type of play. Ask any Bulls fan about him, they'll tell you lots of good stuff about him, he was a fan favorite there. He's had some good years so I think he can still be useful for any team.

Noc is so slow these days he has to play power forward. I've been a fan of his for a long time but at this point I'm not sure I'd even want him for the minimum.
It's very difficult to show you can still make a team good if you play like 3' minutes per game for no reason.

If any is interested in seeing what Nocioni did search something of his days in CHI and there's the point.

Bruno
04-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Well, Nocioni has signed in Spain for the end of the season and has played just 3 games there. Let's wait to see what he will do in the 10 of 15 games remaining in his season. He will need to play well to be back in the NBA picture because right now it looks a lot like he is done.

siraulo23
04-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Chicago

ElNono
04-15-2012, 06:01 PM
He's a guy that has balls and will play his heart out... but his game abandoned him a while ago, IMO

mkurts
04-15-2012, 06:30 PM
And how would Nocioni help the Spurs ? By being the defensive big man ?

Seriously .... :wakeup

DAF86
04-15-2012, 07:14 PM

I've always thought Nocioni was overrated in the NBA but in his prime he definitely was an above average player.

A big small-forward that gives you defense and averages of 14 pts, 46 FG%, 39 3pt%, 85 FT%, 6 rbds is definitely not sub-par.

And I'm not sure he has lost so much of his game, I think he just hasn't been in the right situations. Nocioni is your prototypical "good team" player.

100%duncan
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Pass. Worse than RJ tbh.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
04-15-2012, 09:07 PM
The playoff rotation needs more uncertainty and chaos. Yeah, sure, let's bring him in!

urunobili
04-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Stretch 4?

SenorSpur
04-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Pass.

ElNono
04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
ITALIAN Argentine.

National, born and raised Argentine.

Solid D
04-16-2012, 03:58 PM
ITALIAN Argentine.

Sort of like when someone calls Dwyane Wade American and you correct them with "African American"?

ElNono
04-16-2012, 04:05 PM
That speaks Italian, writes Italian, has Italian citizenship, has Italian family, has Italian name, etc.

Andrés was the second son of Pedro José Pilo Nocioni and Ángela Palmira Roux, both also born in Santa Fe, Argentina

Very Argentine.

He doesn't speak or writes Italian. Manu_Forever lying again.

Unlike the Americans born in the United States that are "Greek nationals"

DAF86
04-16-2012, 04:08 PM
ITALIAN Argentine.

50% of Argentina is "Italian Argentine", tbh.

ElNono
04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
You cannot get Italian citizenship unless your parents or grandparents were born in Italy, and had Italian citizenship themselves.

His grandparents don't play basketball. His parents are born in Argentina and he's born in Argentina.

Argentine national.

Unlike the "Greek nationals" born and raised in the USA.

ElNono
04-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Not according to el nono. According to el nono, not one player of your national team has any Italian connection. These are his claims, which he makes regularly in this forum.

No single player of the Argentina NT was born outside of Argentina.

They're all Argentine and proud of winning Olympic medals for Argentina.

Greece can't say the same.

Mel_13
04-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Why do KBP's threads keep getting locked?

Solid D
04-16-2012, 06:07 PM
You cannot get Italian citizenship unless your parents or grandparents were born in Italy, and had Italian citizenship themselves.

http://www.italiamerica.org/id71.htm#65

Italian Dual Citizenship - Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is there a limit to the number of generations through which Italian citizenship jure sanguinis can be passed?

A. According to Italian law, there is no limit, provided that your Italian ancestor was born in Italy and emigrated after 1861 (see below) and that you can produce documentation proving your lineage. Italian citizenship jure sanguinis cannot skip generations; there must be a continuous link between you and your ancestor from Italy.

Q. What if my Italian ancestor was born prior to 1861?

A. Our understanding is that all residents of the territory of Italy automatically become Italian citizens when the country united in 1861. If your ancestor was born in Italy before 1861, but emigrated after 1861, he or she was an Italian citizen. If your ancestor was born in Italy and emigrated before 1861, he or she was NOT an Italian citizen.

MmP
04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Please lock already

diego
04-16-2012, 06:57 PM
the majority of your national team is made up of refugees and political defectors from Europe.

humor me, name one player on the argentine national team from 2002 onwards who left europe as a refugee or seeking political asylum. just one, thanks in advance.

Solid D
04-16-2012, 07:08 PM
"Our understanding"

People get it only if their grandparents were born in Italy.

Lies.

http://www.italiandualcitizenship.com/rings.html

) Your father was an Italian citizen at the time of your birth and you never renounced your right to Italian citizenship.

2) Your mother was an Italian citizen at the time of your birth, you were born after January 1st, 1948 and you never renounced your right to Italian citizenship.

3) Your father was born in your native country, your paternal grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of your father's birth, neither you nor your father ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship.

4) Your mother was born in your native country, your maternal grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of her birth, you were born after January 1, 1948 and neither you nor your mother ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship.

5) Your paternal or maternal grandfather was born in your native country, your paternal great grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of his birth, neither you nor your father nor your grandfather ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship

NOTE: A woman born before 01/01/1948 can claim the Italian citizenship only from her father and can transfer it to descendants after 01/01/1948).

NOTE: "Italian citizen at the time of birth" means that he/she did not acquire any other citizenship through naturalization, before the descendant's birth.

NOTE: Ancestors naturalized before July 1st 1912 cannot transmit citizenship (Law n. 555 of June 13, 1912)

Solid D
04-16-2012, 07:10 PM
You can also become a naturalized Italian citizen if you have resided in Italy for at least 10 years and have financial means to do so with a good record with the law.

SuperManu!!!
04-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Serge Ibaka plays for spain....is he spanish???? :p

Obstructed_View
04-16-2012, 07:18 PM
There are no immigrants in Argentina, therefore they can't go to Argentina and have children. You are what your name is.

By the way, that makes Dwyane Wade a slave.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Serious part of the thread:

Nocioni needs playing time right now, he probably has 2 acceptable level years left in him and then it's bench veteran role. That's why he signed for the Spanish team.

Right now, he wouldn't fit in the Spurs rotation. Next season, if the Spurs waive Bonner, Blair or SJax, maybe he would have a place. He is the ideal kind of player for a team like the Spurs, he had bad luck in his last seasons being traded to shitty teams full of me, myself and me again who think that they are superstars if they get 20 ppg and don't care about losing.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-16-2012, 11:58 PM
And now, ladies and gentlemen, for the phoney goat fucker late night show:

That speaks Italian, writes Italian, has Italian citizenship, has Italian family, has Italian name, etc.

Yep, as "natural Argentine" as they come................

BTW, the Sopranos was also about people that were just "Americans", and obviously not Italians in any way, you know, since they were born in the USA.

Does not speak Italian, neither writes it. Argentinian family. Andrés is Spanish name

He's averaging 9 points in ACB, where he is a backup.

If the Spurs want a PF from Baskonia, the team Nocioni plays on, then the STARTER, Teletovic is the choice.

Ohhhh, great spin in there. Do they teach that before goat intercourse or after donkey cock sucking?

He needs to get back in game shape after a year with very limited playing time. He has played 3 games since he left the 76ers. Three. Tres. About the number of euros Greece has left in their banks.

And Teletovic? :rollin He makes Bonner look clutch and RJ look rough. Stop reading boxscores and watch games, I know its hard in the US, but nowadays streaming makes things easier for you American-Greeks who miss the smell of bankruptcy in the morning.

elemento
04-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Someone has to teach the Greek boy what "jus sanguinis" and "jus soli" mean.

He is embarrassing himself here. Clueless and dumb.

admiralsnackbar
04-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Teletovic is way better than any player on the Spurs.

You must have an incredibly low IQ.

Reflexive catchphrases = incredibly tired troll.

Darkwaters
04-17-2012, 02:24 AM
I would have loved Nocioni...about 4 years ago. Unfortunately hes an end of the bench vet at best now. It's too bad too, he could have made a ton of sense for this team a few seasons back and has the right personality.

Best of luck.

ElNono
04-17-2012, 02:27 AM
According to you, Parker is French - he was born in Belgium

Parker is a Belgium national. Never said to the contrary.

According to you, Wilkins is American - he was born in France

Wilkins is a French national. Never said to the contrary.

According to you Duncan is American - he was born in a territory that has its own country and own national team

Duncan is a native of the Virgin Islands. This is well known.

According to you, Boozer is American - he was born in Germany

German national. Never said to the contrary.

According to you Seikaly is Lebanese (even though he calls himself Greek) - he was born in Lebanon

Seikaly is Lebanese, no doubt. Born and raised in Lebanon. Said it many times.

According to you Kerr is American - he was born in Lebanon

Kerr is Lebanese. Never said to the contrary.

According to you, Ewing is American - he was born in Jamaica

Jamaican National. Never said to the contrary.

All played for Team USA

Lies! Tony Parker never played for Team USA.

It's amazing how the ONLY country that you claim used players from another country and lies about their nationality is Greece. Especially when the majority of your national team is made up of refugees and political defectors from Europe.

So you admit Greece is a team of liars and foreign born players. Progress.

It's also amazing how you claim that Americans are Americans no matter where they are born, but countries like Italy and Greece, with the SAME LAWS are somehow cheating and lying.

Link where I claimed all Americans are born Americans?

You are a racist scum bag.

You lie! Your threads all get locked because you lie. Every post you make is a lie!

Darkwaters
04-17-2012, 02:27 AM
No one is getting that citizenship hardly ever unless a grandparent was born there and was a citizen. You obviously have not traveled much and have a very limited knowledge of the world.

The levels of your ethnocentrism, elitism and general sense of entitlement never cease to amaze me.

You are the epitome of the stereotype by which all other Greeks are measured.

:toast

ElNono
04-17-2012, 02:30 AM
"Our understanding"

People get it only if their grandparents were born in Italy.

More lies! And I used to have Italian citizenship.

temujin
04-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Teletovic is way better than any player on the Spurs.

You must have an incredibly low IQ.

Nocioni is an Italian name you moron.

Let's get this one straight.

There are 20 Nocionis in Italy.
Scattered.
I doubt Nocioni is an Italian name.

There are more Suarez than Nocioni, in Italy.

There is an equal number of Ginobilis.
Very localized in a small area of Marche.
There are >300 Obertos, mostly in Piedmont.
Ginobili and Oberto are Italian names.
As Scola (Campania), Delfino (Calabria), Messi (Marche, close to the Ginobilis, geez), Zanetti (Po Valley), Cambiasso (Genoa), Parisse (Abruzzo), Castrogiovanni (Sicily), Milito (Calabria), all Italian names.
Some have an Italian passport (Ginobili, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Parisse, Castro).
Nocioni might have gotten his through his mother.
Some even play for the Italian national team (Parisse, Castro).

They are Argentinians, all of them, no doubt.
And we love them. Because they mix the our smarts and intelligence with guts and huevos.
In general, there are very strong ties between the two countries, as a result of emigration, but also of immigration back of young people -not enough unfortunately- that saved their ass here from the Viola and Gualtieri butchers (also Italian names) in the 70s, and some 100.000 more after the collapse of Argentina in 2000.
Now, there is a swing back.

In general, to state that Nocioni is not an Argentinian but he is Italian, is KBPesque: pure idiocy.

Solid D
04-17-2012, 08:20 AM
No one is getting that citizenship hardly ever unless a grandparent was born there and was a citizen. You obviously have not traveled much and have a very limited knowledge of the world.

This is your retort to being proven wrong with no clear path out of it? It's a checkmate or contrition situation. Additionally, I am an experienced international traveler. Admit you were mistaken, learn from your mistakes and move on. Consider this another step we all go through in personal growth.