PDA

View Full Version : 3 wins to hold off the Lakers

Knoxxx
04-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Ideally the Clippers end up #3, and Memphis (#5) and Lakers (#4) have to square off in the first round with the winner getting OKC. If not, we likely end up drawing Lakers in round 2, and OKC/Mem winner in conf. finals.

I am of the bring them on mentality though, so I think most important thing for us is to hold off the Lakers for the #2 seed, so we are guaranteed home court the first two rounds.

That is where I come up with the 3 wins, as simple math shows we are 6 losses ahead of the Lakers in the loss column.

So knowing Pop, style points against the Lakers on Tuesday night will not be on his agenda. Rather, we should be able to take the GS and Sac games by playing the big 3 and resting them against LA.

That would most likely leave us 1 win short heading into the Friday LAL game which would make it the perfect opportunity to make a statement. Failing that, we have an apparent "sure win" at home against Cleveland Sunday.

So in summary, I think LAL Tuesday and Portland Monday of the next week, and then the last game of the season at GS we are not likely to see the big 3.

If we get those 3 wins prior to that last 2-game road trip, Pop may leave the big 3 home. I don't think he would do that, but Pop rarely misses a chance to look smarter than everyone else. Therefore no telling.

Beaverfuzz
04-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Lakers will be #3, question is: Will the Spurs hit and stay at #1?

Knoxxx
04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Lakers will be #3, question is: Will the Spurs hit and stay at #1?

I think you need to reassess our remaining schedule. We have way more games then everyone else in a very compressed time period. One back-to-back-to-back, and then two back-to-backs. That makes at least 3 games with high potential for a loss. I don't see us going better than 5-3, and possibly 4-4 or worse if LA keeps owning us.

OKC has a way easier remaining schedule than us, 5 games to our 8, and only one back to back, at home to close the season. Odds are very small we catch them, especially with Pop not even trying.

100%duncan
04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
We need to beat the Lakers 2 times for them to slip to 4 and Clips catch up.

ginobilized
04-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Believe

Beaverfuzz
04-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I think you need to reassess our remaining schedule. We have way more games then everyone else in a very compressed time period. One back-to-back-to-back, and then two back-to-backs. That makes at least 3 games with high potential for a loss. I don't see us going better than 5-3, and possibly 4-4 or worse if LA keeps owning us.

OKC has a way easier remaining schedule than us, 5 games to our 8, and only one back to back, at home to close the season. Odds are very small we catch them, especially with Pop not even trying.

Playoffs will have back to back's as well, now is not the time to be holding back. Let it all out. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

baseline bum
04-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Playoffs will have back to back's as well, now is not the time to be holding back. Let it all out. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Why would they? The 1999 regular season didn't end until May 5th and there were still no playoff back to backs.

EDIT: oops... the Spurs played a B2B in games 3 and 4 versus LA in the 99 playoffs.

Splits
04-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Playoffs will have back to back's as well, now is not the time to be holding back. Let it all out.

Stop spreading this rumor. B2B in the playoffs is not guaranteed, it is "possible" in the 2nd round only. Read it here and stop saying this BS (http://www.nba.com/2011/news/11/27/schedule/index.html)

Beaverfuzz
04-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Stop spreading this rumor. B2B in the playoffs is not guaranteed, it is "possible" in the 2nd round only. Read it here and stop saying this BS (http://www.nba.com/2011/news/11/27/schedule/index.html)

Well, I do have faith in the Spurs getting to the second round, you obviously don't. :bang :bang :bang

therealtruth
04-15-2012, 11:12 PM
I can't wait to see Spurs vs Lakers in the second round. Bynum will average 30 reb/game.

Robz4000
04-15-2012, 11:41 PM
If there are, Spurs will definitely get them.

Also, Spurs should play the Big 3 for all three nights of the b2b2b, but in limited minutes for the first and last games. They can make an even bigger statement if they win that game in LA. If they lose going all-out, then it means the team may not be capable of beating the Lakers in playoffs, and should look to get out of their bracket. Unfortunately, I think you're right in that Pop doesn't care and will surrender that game.