PDA

View Full Version : Cheney: Obama "Has Been An Unmitigated Disaster To The Country"

spursncowboys
04-15-2012, 09:33 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/15/cheney_obama_has_been_an_unmitigated_disaster_to_t he_country.html

I really think this is tasteless. I think ex-Presidents and ex-VP's shouldn't be attacking another president. It demeans the office. It bothered me seeing Clinton and especially Carter doing it.

I realize that they will campaign but just disagree that they do, not they will ever stop.

Yonivore
04-15-2012, 10:04 PM
All I've got to say is, "Welcome back, Mr. Vice President! Give 'em hell."

The current administration has spent the past 4 and a half years demonizing President Bush and Vice President Cheney only to continue the policies over when they agitated.

Fuck 'em. There is nothing Presidential about the Obama White House.

Creepn
04-15-2012, 10:18 PM

The current administration has spent the past 4 and a half years demonizing President Bush and Vice President Cheney only to continue the policies over when they agitated.

Because of his skin color?

Besides that, I would like to read your opinion as to why you think that if you don't mind.

Bartleby
04-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Cheney can go fuck himself.

ElNono
04-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Pot, Kettle, etc

ChumpDumper
04-15-2012, 10:45 PM
lol Cheney

Fabbs
04-15-2012, 10:47 PM
^^ no kidding.
:lol Satan Cheney criticizing a politician.

DMX7
04-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Obama hasn't been blasting Bush personally at all, and he has every reason too.

ElNono
04-15-2012, 10:51 PM
And Bush Jr has said recently that he didn't think it was appropriate to talk about the current President, IIRC.

boutons_deux
04-15-2012, 11:00 PM
dickhead is a toxic, rotten piece of murderous, corrupt shit. Burn in hell, motherfucker.

greyforest
04-15-2012, 11:25 PM
obama inherited the already collapsing country and changed nothing

gg plebs gg

Spurminator
04-15-2012, 11:44 PM

:cry :cry :cry

4 years is a long time to be so bitter.

Find a new sport to get into, you'll be a more content person. (Avoid the Olympics and World Cup, though, for similar reasons.)

baseline bum
04-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Cheney is right; Obama has continued in the footsteps of his predecessor W in being a worthless piece of shit.

Stringer_Bell
04-16-2012, 12:24 AM

Wha?? So you're congratulating Cheney for shitting on Obama's policies...which you also claim are basically the same as Bush/Cheney policies? By your logic, Zombie Cheney also shat on himself - and you're happy about it?

I wonder if Cheney's new heart belonged to a Muslim. That'd be crazy.

Nbadan
04-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Good to see that Cheney hasn't had a change of heart..

FuzzyLumpkins
04-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Cheney is right; Obama has continued in the footsteps of his predecessor W in being a worthless piece of shit.

when it comes to civil liberties, regulation of business and most domestic policies i would have to agree with you. He is pretty much completely coopted by special interest. Contributions are clearly more important than his base.

As pertains to foreign policy with Israel, the various multilateral foreign interventions and tone of rhetoric its been a completely different story. Hes not beholden to the same interests in this realm.

As long as a two party system remains its only going to get worse.

Nbadan
04-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Ended two wars, saved the economy from collapse and picked a couple decent supreme court justices...that's enough for me..

UnWantedTheory
04-16-2012, 05:03 AM
obama inherited the already collapsing country
I agree with this...

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Wha?? So you're congratulating Cheney for shitting on Obama's policies...which you also claim are basically the same as Bush/Cheney policies? By your logic, Zombie Cheney also shat on himself - and you're happy about it?
I've obviously oversimplified.

And, to oversimplify again, because I really don't want to have a thousandth thread about it, continued the policies in Iraq and Afghanistan and those related to how we deal with terrorists in custody. Particularly those he railed against during the 2008 Presidential campaign. Continued those.

Abandoned all fiscal policies and set us on a path to ruin.

I wonder if Cheney's new heart belonged to a Muslim. That'd be crazy.
Somehow, I think that'd bother Vice President Cheney less than it would Muslim extremists.

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Ended two wars, saved the economy from collapse and picked a couple decent supreme court justices...that's enough for me..
Ended one in accordance to Bush's already constructed exit plan, surrendered the second -- hey, how about those developments yesterday -- drove the economy off a cliff, and :lmao at a couple of decent supreme court justices. One represents La Raza and the other the GLBT community. Just like Ginsburg, they're single issue justices that couldn't care less about much else.

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 07:16 AM
obama inherited the already collapsing country and changed nothing

gg plebs gg
Actually, the economy got worse.

He's exceeded even Jimmy Carter's attempts at disaster.

FromWayDowntown
04-16-2012, 07:30 AM

And, to oversimplify again, because I really don't want to have a thousandth thread about it, continued the policies in Iraq and Afghanistan and those related to how we deal with terrorists in custody. Particularly those he railed against during the 2008 Presidential campaign. Continued those.

Anything good that's happened since January 2009 = Bush.

Everything bad that's happened since January 2009 = Obama.

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 07:43 AM

Except TARP; that was a cluster fuck Bush owns...but, that Obama voted for (if I'm not mistaken and I might be since he voted present so much). So, it's kind of a twofer.

DMX7
04-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Except TARP; that was a cluster fuck Bush owns...but, that Obama voted for (if I'm not mistaken and I might be since he voted present so much). So, it's kind of a twofer.

TARP was not a cluster fuck, but the Repug PR team has convinced its minions that it was.

SA210
04-16-2012, 07:46 AM
dickhead is a toxic, rotten piece of murderous, corrupt shit. Burn in hell, motherfucker.

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 08:01 AM
TARP was not a cluster fuck, but the Repug PR team has convinced its minions that it was.
Sure it was and Bush's Treasury Secretary Paulson and some Federal Reserve dick head names Geithner extorted a good number of banks into accepting loans they didn't want and then refused to take re-payments.

TARP was bad. Banks should have been allowed to sink or swim on their own.

boutons_deux
04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Nearly all TARP fund have been repaid, with interest, a gain for taxpayers.

Allowing the TBTF banks, AIG, etc to fail/go bankrupt would have been even more catastrophic. The stockholders would have been wiped out. They really did have a gun to the planet's head.

The financial sector and UCA owns (at least) the federal govt, so neither party will Take Our Country Back, ever.

TeyshaBlue
04-16-2012, 09:03 AM
:cry :cry :cry

4 years is a long time to be so bitter.

Find a new sport to get into, you'll be a more content person. (Avoid the Olympics and World Cup, though, for similar reasons.)

:lol

TeyshaBlue
04-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Good to see that Cheney hasn't had a change of heart..

*rimshot*:lol

George Gervin's Afro
04-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Dick is such a dick

RandomGuy
04-16-2012, 10:50 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193090&page=9

Therefore:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5786330&postcount=267

Don't see why I should bother with the OP. It would be a bit like talking to a piece of paper.

baseline bum
04-16-2012, 10:54 AM

Hell? Only in the fairy tales is bad behavior like that punished.

Creepn
04-16-2012, 11:52 AM

Somehow, I think that'd bother Vice President Cheney less than it would Muslim extremists.

What is this ruin path I keep hearing from republicans? Last I checked we was headed to disaster towards the end of Bush's term and the economy seems to be picking up right now under Obama. I'm confused tbh. I don't keep up with daily politics so maybe I'mjust missing something.

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 11:56 AM
What is this ruin path I keep hearing from republicans? Last I checked we was headed to disaster towards the end of Bush's term and the economy seems to be picking up right now under Obama. I'm confused tbh. I don't keep up with daily politics so maybe I'mjust missing something.
$15.6 Trillion, and counting, paving our path to ruin. The Bartender is going to eventually ring up the tab...right around last call.

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Last I checked we was headed to disaster towards the end of Bush's term and the economy seems to be picking up right now under Obama.
Where'd you check? Whitehouse.gov?

I'm confused tbh. I don't keep up with daily politics so maybe I'mjust missing something.
You are, vote Republican this November.

boutons_deux
04-16-2012, 12:03 PM
"$15.6 Trillion, and counting, paving our path to ruin."

Almost totally due to dubya's tax cuts for the wealthy and for the UCA, dubya's two botched/bogus wars, his gifts to the health care industry, and of course the housing/credit bubbles he allowed, the result of which was the Banksters' Great Depression and the large drop in tax revenues at all levels.

fraga
04-16-2012, 01:41 PM
http://helian.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/pot-kettle.jpg

CavsSuperFan
04-16-2012, 02:39 PM
President Obama released his tax returns... It turns out he made $900,000 less in 2011 then he did in 2010... You know what that means?...Even President Obama is doing worse under President Obama...

Yonivore
04-16-2012, 02:59 PM
President Obama released his tax returns... It turns out he made $900,000 less in 2011 then he did in 2010... You know what that means?...Even President Obama is doing worse under President Obama...
It also means he's no longer subject to the Buffet Rule...unlike what his lap dog Axelrod has been saying.

CosmicCowboy
04-16-2012, 05:33 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

spursncowboys
04-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Hell? Only in the fairy tales is bad behavior like that punished.
What bad behavior are you talking about exactly?

ElNono
04-16-2012, 07:30 PM

:lol

Borat Sagyidev
04-16-2012, 09:15 PM
$15.6 Trillion, and counting, paving our path to ruin. The Bartender is going to eventually ring up the tab...right around last call.

Because of Obama? Really.

I really don't think highly of Obama's economic polices or that of any president in the last 3 decades, but Obama owns that deficit?

Take away the Bush tax cuts...mind you they were tax cuts during a time of war and about half of that deficit goes away.

The bartender is going to ring up that tab, but it'll be when the baby boomers who created are dead. I really don't think you realize the scope of the American economy to point out one president contribution to the deficit and the inherent financial landscape.

We have a almost $16 trillion dollar deficit..but to a larger degree ..$24 Trillion dollars was given in bailouts to foreign and domestic entities.

Who do you think is screwing the system more? the handful of financial entities and bankers, or a family on welfare taking a few thousands.

Obama plays their game to play ball is a total pushover because of it. The only reason the dollar is worth anything on the world market is because it's pegged to oil...which will run out in a few decades.

That is the real reason the economy will collapse here.

Not that I'm expecting you to get past the racist sentiment underneath all your opinion. That's fine, I'm not trying to fix stupid.

spursncowboys
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193090&page=9

Therefore:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5786330&postcount=267

Don't see why I should bother with the OP. It would be a bit like talking to a piece of paper.

Seriously?? That's odd.