PDA

View Full Version : Hola from Mexico!

vato loco
04-16-2012, 03:59 AM
Hello all.
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Pancho and I'm from Mexico and Fan of the San Antonio Spurs but just since 3 years.
Before that, I didn't really care too much about basketball. But then, one of my friends bought the League Pass and also offered to me to also watch some games. So I decided to do so and the first game I ever saw was Dallas (becaus of Najera of course) vs. Utah in the 2009-10 season. It was a pretty good game from Najera and I was impressed by how different nba-basketball was compared to the lnbp (the mexican league of basketball). So, you know basketball isn't really very popular in Mexico and the arenas aren't as big as in the U.S. So also the atmosphere isn't always that great.
But somehow, by watching more and more nba-games with the league pass of my friend, I started to really enjoy this sport more and more. And that's why I also started to watch different teams with different playing-styles.
Unfortunately, you have to watch most of the games at night because of the time shift. But I really liked it.
So at the end of the month Februrary 2010 I watched my first spurs game. The schedule said Phoenix-San Antonio, the highlight-game that day. I didn't know too much about Phoenix. Just that one guy, Steve Nash, one of the best point guards ever. But the Spurs where mysterious too me. So I informed myself about this franchise and saw that they won 4 championships in the past decade. So I really was impressed. I thought, for achieving this, you obviously need a pretty good squad. So I was curious about this team. When I took a look at the roster I didn't know any player, except for Tony Parker (because of his relationship with Eva Longoria) and Tim Duncan. So as I watched the game I was just impressed about this team, especially about Tim Duncan. I loved his post-moves, his scoring ability and defensive presence. After the game I saw that Duncan already was 33 years old and as I took a look at his stats from his previous years I was just disappointed that I missed his prime-years!
So while watching more and more games, I really fell in love with this team and I enjoyed watching Manu Ginobili. I watched a lot of games with different teams, but I had to say that this guy impressed me most. His passion for the game, court vision and skills are at an unreal level imo.
So I said to my friends that I started enjoying this sport. And they asked me which team I like and I said San Antonio. And they were very surprised. They said this is a boring team, without athletic-superstars and they have just boring players. They said, the Miami Heat, Orlando Magic or Lakers are great teams. They play spectaculare basketball.
I responded that this are great teams, but imo the spurs play basketball just how basketball should be played. With passion, defense, skills and efficiency and not just with spectaculare offensive plays.
So I watched the playoffs and I was disappointed that they lost to the Phoenix Suns in the second round. But I found a great team, a great franchise to root for!
I spend much time in here since last year and really liked the discussions and grades (after the spurs-games).
So now I decided to also finally sign up
Hope the Spurs do well at this years playoffs! Drive for Five!
(and sorry for my bad english)

Aztecfan03
04-16-2012, 04:05 AM
:troll

slick'81
04-16-2012, 05:47 AM
nice try

Rapper
04-16-2012, 05:53 AM
All i can see is ass

Legacy
04-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Ehh, go and :hang yourself, turd.

temujin
04-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Along this line, next is Hi from Greece from we-know-who.

100%duncan
04-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Gotta be kidding

Spursfan092120
04-16-2012, 10:42 AM
deja vu up in this bitch.

spursfanincolorado
04-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I like the part about the time shift... Cuz Mexico is so far away time zone wise! What a tool bag.

Reck
04-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Send me some mole enchiladas por favor senor!!!

Funny, I was gonna ask you the same.

Reck
04-16-2012, 12:37 PM
How about them nachos?

DJB
04-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Spectacular thread, will read again. :tu

Chachachango
04-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Me gusta la verga? Is that correcto? I dont know but I didnt leer that que you wrote pero good suerte.

Reck
04-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Me gusta la verga? Is that correcto? I dont know but I didnt leer that que you wrote pero good suerte.

Horrible attempt at spanglish dude.

vma16
04-16-2012, 02:19 PM
i'll send you a bag of corn tortilla chips and a bag of shredded cheddar cheese.

chips on a plate, cheese on the chips, ~90 seconds in the microwave

BAM

you need guac, sour cream and little pieces of tomates too... after that, BAM indeed

redskinfan
04-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Hola Mijo Tito!

Spur|n|Austin
04-16-2012, 02:51 PM
so. many. butts.

Spurs-Fan
04-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Wtf!?