PDA

View Full Version : Really wish you guys could.see the Warrior broadcast...

Man In Black
04-16-2012, 11:00 PM
They are so complimentary of our team.
They know the current team very well and explain how this current team came to be.

I thought I knew a lot about the Spurs but they found a Stat I didn't know.
Duncan, Parker, & Ginobili are part of an elite list of teamates who have scored 10000 points as teammates.
In history, During the Russell era, Boston has 2 sets of 3 teammates. The LAL during the Magic era, has 1 set as well. That's all.:flag:

Darius Bieber
04-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Golden State is a really classy team. I've always had that impression. I think it was last season or maybe 2, but Duncan went down with an ankle injury at Golden State. The entire stadium was quiet - no one was talking at all. Once he good up, everyone started clapping. You'd think it was the AT&T Center. Heck, it was even better than the AT&T Center, cuz you get those bandwagon fans against the Bulls, Thunder, etc....

ducks
04-16-2012, 11:12 PM
yeah I am watching it
said injuries kepts the spurs form having 7 titles instead of only 4

Mugen
04-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Pretty much every Californian team's announcing crew gives respect to the Spurs.

bklynspursfan
04-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Yep I have them too. Bad teams always give us more props than the average broadcast team

lefty
04-16-2012, 11:16 PM
They say nice things about the Spurs :cry

They are so fucking nice :cry

A thread about it had to be started :cry

therealtruth
04-16-2012, 11:18 PM
They actually do a good job of being balanced.

jeebus
04-16-2012, 11:37 PM
They say nice things about the Spurs :cry

They are so fucking nice :cry

A thread about it had to be started :cry

lefty, letting loose his 3 taco supremes and spraying the entire thread with a shotgun blast.

ElNono
04-16-2012, 11:39 PM
that's what I'm watching

The_Worlds_finest
04-16-2012, 11:41 PM
I am listening to the radio broadcast via sirius, and they have nothing but good things to say too. They are also playing takes from Manu and a nice little peice on the Iceman. Eat your heart out ESPN!

MannyIsGod
04-16-2012, 11:55 PM
I've got the GS feed via LP and I found the 10,000 stat graphic neat as hell. Really puts this team into perspective.

Fireball
04-17-2012, 12:34 AM
GS is another team with not much success in the past (like the Clippers) , so naturally their announcers are more humble ...

Cane
04-17-2012, 12:51 AM
That teammate stat is pretty interesting. San Antonio and the NBA just don't realize how truly legendary and special the Duncan era Spurs are :wow :(

Like Tony said, if the Big 3 was in New York they'd be hailed as basketball gods :greedy:greedy:greedy

Yep I have them too. Bad teams always give us more props than the average broadcast team

Helps that Coach Pop was a former assistant coach for them too

Golden State is a really classy team. I've always had that impression. I think it was last season or maybe 2, but Duncan went down with an ankle injury at Golden State. The entire stadium was quiet - no one was talking at all. Once he good up, everyone started clapping. You'd think it was the AT&T Center. Heck, it was even better than the AT&T Center, cuz you get those bandwagon fans against the Bulls, Thunder, etc....

zLCuJzI_jEc

;) But yea for the most part GSW isn't a bad bunch

Sean Cagney
04-17-2012, 01:06 AM
yeah I am watching it

I love the 4 but that part there makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about they were great or are great, but should have had more. I guess some never get one though so I will be fine.

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2012, 01:13 AM
That's an interesting stat that I've never heard before. Props to them; on the other hand Sean and Bill gave praise to the FUTURE of their team numerous times. I'd have to agree, their squad has a lot of potential with their youth, plus the Bogut trade was money in my opinion.

Man In Black
04-17-2012, 01:41 AM
GS is another team with not much success in the past (like the Clippers) , so naturally their announcers are more humble ...

Unlike the Clippers, The Warriors have won a title. They last won it in 1975 with Rick Barry as their leader.
Even the Kings have a title as the Rochester Royals.

therealtruth
04-17-2012, 01:55 AM
I love the 4 but that part there makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about they were great or are great, but should have had more. I guess some never get one though so I will be fine.

The Spurs definitely let a couple of titles get away.

Fireball
04-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Unlike the Clippers, The Warriors have won a title. They last won it in 1975 with Rick Barry as their leader.
Even the Kings have a title as the Rochester Royals.

Thanks for the info ...

JR3
04-17-2012, 12:05 PM
I really enjoyed listening to the golden state broadcast. May have even been better than the spurs broadcast.one of the guys said "man must really be nice to see a 3. shooter on the spurs". The other Guy replied " it would be great to be any player on the spurs".

Giuseppe
04-17-2012, 12:09 PM
yeah I am watching it

Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

manufan10
04-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Says the old man that uses it as an excuse for Kobe resting. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Pretty much every Californian team's announcing crew gives respect to the Spurs.

:tu Can't say I remember watching much Lakers coverage when I had league pass but the Warriors and Clips announce teams are pretty good about giving credit where it's due in general, although listening to the Clippers during NBA TV's broadcast of the LAC/OKC game they might be getting more homerish now that the team is actually playing games that matter for a change.

DMC
04-17-2012, 05:09 PM
I can see why a time limit would kill you. You bring material that no one has ever seen, and in a timely fashion. Take that gem above, for example; no one here ever saw that type of response, and you, in your timely fashion, enlightened the forum.

Your presence will be sorely missed.

gee
04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't take the 'could have been 7' comment too personally.

That seemed to be the guy's little thing, I don't remember specifically what he was talking about, but I do remember him going off on similar tangents at least a couple more times during the game, that another team, if not for something, could have done this X amount more times, or if player x wasn't injured he could have been all star x amount of times, or if there werent injuries in some old school boston squad they could have scored 10000 as a trio as well etc etc etc

to the point where he sounded a little maniacal-conspiracy-ish.