PDA

View Full Version : Durant vs Paul

DAF86
04-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Who's better?

DAF86
04-17-2012, 12:04 AM
I would have added a Manu option but I wanted to make this a serious discussion for once.

Trainwreck2100
04-17-2012, 12:06 AM
its not durant's fault russel chuckbrick sucks

DAF86
04-17-2012, 12:10 AM
its not durant's fault russel chuckbrick sucks

No, it isn't but that doesn't answer my question.

SpursIndonesia
04-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Durant, Paul has reached (and is still in) his peak (mostly because of his injury that reduced his athletic quickness & agility), Durant is just starting to realize his potential.

DAF86
04-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Durant, Paul has reached (and is still in) his peak (mostly because of his injury that reduced his athletic quickness & agility), Durant is just starting to realize his potential.

I'm talking about right now, not the future.

Reck
04-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Gonna have to go with Paul.

He's quicker than Durant and both are about the same in the clutch.

pass1st
04-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Paul can lead a team, Durant is a born follower.

That being said, Durant will probably have a better career since cp3 isn't his old self after injury.

DMC
04-17-2012, 01:11 AM
Hard to compare the two, completely different roles.

If I had to take one on my team (if I was forced), I would take Durant regardless of my team situation. He provides more than CP3 can provide as a PG.

SpursIndonesia
04-17-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm talking about right now, not the future.

Still Durant, he's not exactly been given the ball in his hand at any majority of the time (being a teammate of Westbrick certainly has much to do with that), but he's still challenging for league's MVP & scoring title, that says much about this guy as an elite scorer.

whitemamba
04-17-2012, 01:30 AM
who the fuck compares a PG, to a SF might as well compare him to bynum or howard

Darth_Pelican
04-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Hard to compare the two, completely different roles.

If I had to take one on my team (if I was forced), I would take Durant regardless of my team situation. He provides more than CP3 can provide as a PG.

This. It's an apples to oranges comparison. It's like comparing Aaron Rodgers to Adrian Peterson.

DAF86
04-17-2012, 12:55 PM
who the fuck compares a PG, to a SF might as well compare him to bynum or howard

They're both basketball players, in the draft teams don't take turns by positions to select players, they can chose a center of PG whenever they want. If you're starting a team for this season only and you have to chose between Durant and Paul, who do you pick?

DAF86
04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
This. It's an apples to oranges comparison. It's like comparing Aaron Rodgers to Adrian Peterson.

Give me Aaron Rodgers every-single time.

DAF86
04-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Still Durant, he's not exactly been given the ball in his hand at any majority of the time (being a teammate of Westbrick certainly has much to do with that), but he's still challenging for league's MVP & scoring title, that says much about this guy as an elite scorer.

What about the other aspects of the game?

whitemamba
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
They're both basketball players, in the draft teams don't take turns by positions to select players, they can chose a center of PG whenever they want. If you're starting a team for this season only and you have to chose between Durant and Paul, who do you pick?

thats a much better question. idk honestly i think id take durant, hes just that superstart player u know, cp3 is amazing. but durant is more of a scoring threat, i would have to sit and really think.

Brazil
04-17-2012, 04:40 PM
thats a much better question. idk honestly i think id take durant, hes just that superstart player u know, cp3 is amazing. but durant is more of a scoring threat, i would have to sit and really think.

you would need to think between durant and paul ? really ?

DAF86
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
you would need to think between durant and paul ? really ?

You wouldn't? What makes any of those player so much better than the other?

z0sa
04-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Easy call being Durant of course tbh

IronMaxipad
04-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Durantula

DAF86
04-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Paul- 19.3 ppg - 48 FG% - 37 3PT% - 85 FT% - 9 assts - 3.5 rbds - 2.5 stls - 26.65 PER

Durant- 27.8 ppg on - 50 FG% - 37 3PT% - 85 FT% - 3.5 assts - 7.9 rbds - 1.4 stls - 26.37 PER

And the intangibles like leadership, BBIQ and defense go to Paul, imho.

I don't know how can anyone say this is an easy decision.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Easy call being Durant of course tbh

Technique
04-17-2012, 09:20 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Carmelo_Anthony_2011_Shankbone.JPG/220px-Carmelo_Anthony_2011_Shankbone.JPG

Brazil
04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
You wouldn't? What makes any of those player so much better than the other?

really ?

you have to pick durant or paul and you would hesitate ? :lol dude is the best scorer in the game he can shoot everywhere near the rim, the 3, mid range against everybody with a quite high FG%, his FT shooting is flawless, he gets 8 rebounds per game and he is clutch.

He is one of the best player in the league if not the best.

DAF86
04-18-2012, 03:25 PM
really ?

you have to pick durant or paul and you would hesitate ? :lol dude is the best scorer in the game he can shoot everywhere near the rim, the 3, mid range against everybody with a quite high FG%, his FT shooting is flawless, he gets 8 rebounds per game and he is clutch.

He is one of the best player in the league if not the best.

Paul is the best playmaker in the game, he can shoot everywhere near the rim, the 3, mid range against everybody with a quite high FG%, his FT shooting is flawless, he gets 9 assists and 2,5 steals per game and he is clutch.

Plus he is a leader, has a huge BBIQ and is a very good defensive player.

He is one of the best players in the league if not the best.

diego
04-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Paul is the best playmaker in the game, he can shoot everywhere near the rim, the 3, mid range against everybody with a quite high FG%, his FT shooting is flawless, he gets 9 assists and 2,5 steals per game and he is clutch.

Plus he is a leader, has a huge BBIQ and is a very good defensive player.

He is one of the best players in the league if not the best.

He also is more fragile and undersized... and I'm not sure if the intangibles all go his way. Durant is not a leader or playmaker like Paul, but I think being less emotional makes him less prone to mistakes than Paul. Paul is the kind of guy who can get into a personal, emotional battle and lose sight of the winning the game.

I dont consider Durant's game to be MVP caliber, but having him on your team practically guarantees you efficient scoring. Paul is less of a sure thing IMO, but in the right situation and healthy I prefer his style of play to Durants. Agree that it is closer than some think, but you cant discount size and health in the NBA, as spurs fans we know...

Technique
04-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Durant doesn't run the team - Paul does. I keep one thing in mind when I think of Durant, his willingness to defer to Westbrick in the clutch. How is he considered clutch again? Kobe or Melo would never let that happen. And that's what separates them from Durant, you've got to demand the ball late game. Durant still has a lot to prove.

As far as greatest scorer in the league goes Durant isn't it, not yet. Melo still carries that torch - he is the ultimate scorer and unlike Durant, Melo thrives in the post. Nobody gets after offensive rebounds like he does.

Right now the clear choice would be Paul.