PDA

View Full Version : Game Blog: Spurs @ Lakers: April 17, 2012 9:30pm CDT

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Gagnrath
04-17-2012, 04:36 PM
After a dominating front court performance for the Lakers against the spurs roughly a week ago tonight on TNT in the midst of a 3 game road trip the San Antonio Spurs travel to Los Angeles seeking revenge. Kobe Bryant will still be unable to shoot his team to defeat due to Mike Brown ordering him to the bench with "injuries".

DBMethos
04-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Ftl

honestfool84
04-17-2012, 04:44 PM
great game blog!

anonoftheinternets
04-17-2012, 04:45 PM
lol op ...

anonoftheinternets
04-17-2012, 04:47 PM
i s'pose there is no update on if the spurs are playing full strength?

chazley
04-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Aw that's pitiful, you can tell OP put some work into his post. Take it easy on him.

anonoftheinternets
04-17-2012, 05:46 PM
I've sent longer text messages to a girl that took me <2 minutes to write...and that's using the ABC setting on a primitive flip-phone.

judging by ur username maybe sending "long" text messages to a girl is not exactly in her best interest or legal for that matter. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
04-17-2012, 05:58 PM
FTL

hope we play this game for real

Gagnrath
04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
It wasn't really that much thought, There was a rumor of resting players tonight from various sources, but sounded like unfounded speculation so I didn't put it in the initial post. Some of my other blog intros earlier in the year were a bit more informative but it was intended to be a bit humorous while informative and not super time consuming. (about 3 minutes of checking to see if anything had been confirmed about spur players resting).

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 06:14 PM
I will not show up if the Lakers lose.

anonoftheinternets
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
I will not show up if the Lakers lose.

not sure that anyone cares...

wut
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Ok so here goes nothing:

Q: Will Pop dare play Splitter and Duncan together against the Lakers?
PREDICTION:
Nope....especially not in a regular season game.

Q: So we can rule out being able to size up against the Lakers....so what's next?
A: SPACING! Spurs need to play a high pick-n-roll game to pull Laker bigs out of the paint.

Q: Will Parker play better?
Prediction:
Not likely...the guy was afraid to take the physical contact in the last game, due to it being a regular season matchup. Parker knows that for the Spurs to have any hope in winning, he will have to take a lot of physical contact; he won't see a regular season game as a necessary time to take the contact.

Q: Will Spurs win the game?
PREDICTION:
Not likely. Pop only cares about playing competitively while maintaining the healthiness of his club. He isn't caught up in the moral victories of a regular season game.

Q: Does losing mean anything?
A:
Sure....Lakers will be pumped to give the Spurs ( a team that is getting more props than them this season and who they have dominated) another loss; they are all about moral victories, it is how they improve their team. On the other side of the coin I see this differently than some. The Spurs will come out of these loses with anger, not broken as some may seem to think. Anger is sometimes a good motivator, especially for players like Manu and Duncan who seem to thrive on it.

You add all these together and it means a Spurs/Lakers playoff series would be much more hard-fought than is being predicted.

ElNono
04-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Go Spurs Go! :flag:

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Tbh, even if the Big 3 don't play, I think this game will be competitve. Not saying the Spurs will win, but almost everyone outside Tim, Tony, and Manu played bad too and will want to prove themselves. Green and SJax, two of the only players to not fold, will continue to play without fear of the Lakers. Might be enough for a win if Bynum and Gasol aren't motivated to play at a high level.

100%duncan
04-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Can't watch the game. Cheer for me guys! :lol :flag: :flag: :flag:

wut
04-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Tbh, even if the Big 3 don't play, I think this game will be competitve. Not saying the Spurs will win, but almost everyone outside Tim, Tony, and Manu played bad too and will want to prove themselves. Green and SJax, two of the only players to not fold, will continue to play without fear of the Lakers. Might be enough for a win if Bynum and Gasol aren't motivated to play at a high level.
Well the one thing I can say is that we can always hope that the Spurs will play more loose because they are not expected to win the game.

EVAY
04-17-2012, 07:06 PM

Unfortunately, the critical words in your post are "aren't motivated'. In other words, only if the Lakers don't bother?

bklynspursfan
04-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Not that it matters but the last time we played LA on TNT was it the famous McDyess last second tip in?

VBM
04-17-2012, 07:29 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/03/08/gallery-spurs-dancerx-large.jpg

DJB
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Not that it matters but the last time we played LA on TNT was it the famous McDyess last second tip in?

AW7w27d7oKU

ajballer4
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM

Believe so. The scrub game may have been after that on TNT

anonoftheinternets
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM

saw that game live :) .. good times! ... everyone around me was crushed .. :lol

DJB
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Haha, this view/audio is so much better:

KrmeeZrF0pc

bklynspursfan
04-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Believe so. The scrub game may have been after that on TNT

Ah right... Wasn't sure if that was ESPN or not.

bklynspursfan
04-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Dice was such a hard worker man.

bklynspursfan
04-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Haha, this view/audio is so much better:

KrmeeZrF0pc

nice 1!

foodie2
04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
So am I correct that there will not be a local broadcast of this? Because nothing could make me stay up and lose sleep just to watch it on TNT.

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Unfortunately, the critical words in your post are "aren't motivated'. In other words, only if the Lakers don't bother?
More like if Bynum and Gasol play more down to Earth, or if MWP and Barnes don't become the second coming of MJ. Spurs were competing with the Lakers despite Tony and Manu never showing up, and Duncan being of little help defensively. It was only in the third quarter, when the Lakers couldn't miss, did the game get out of hand.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 07:55 PM
More like if Bynum and Gasol play more down to Earth, or if MWP and Barnes don't become the second coming of MJ. Spurs were competing with the Lakers despite Tony and Manu never showing up, and Duncan being of little help defensively. It was only in the third quarter, when the Lakers couldn't miss, did the game get out of hand.

More down to earth than our bigs shooting 36% last time?:lmao

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 07:57 PM
More down to earth than our bigs shooting 36% last time?:lmao
You mean MWP and Blake were hitting fadeaway 3-pointers left and right is normal? This coming from the guy who gave up on his team earlier in the season?

11:10
04-17-2012, 08:07 PM
You mean MWP and Blake were hitting fadeaway 3-pointers left and right is normal? This coming from the guy who gave up on his team earlier in the season?
the game was over then, no pressure they just threw them up went in

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 08:09 PM
the game was over then, no pressure they just threw them up went in
It started in the 3rd. As DD said, Bynum/Gasol were shooting poorly despite raping the Spurs on the boards. It was MWP and the bench carrying the team offensively, which doesn't happen 9 times out of 10 (except with Kobe out :lol).

11:10
04-17-2012, 08:16 PM
that's how they've been playing since kb got hurt

Manu-20
04-17-2012, 08:18 PM
It started in the 3rd. As DD said, Bynum/Gasol were shooting poorly despite raping the Spurs on the boards. It was MWP and the bench carrying the team offensively, which doesn't happen 9 times out of 10 (except with Kobe out :lol).
The spurs actully had a chance to get the lead down to single digits even 8 if I recall but they just missed open shots like on 3 straight possesions to end the 3rd

DeadlyDynasty

I'm not a dumbass like you, I know my team's limitations.

You think the Spurs can win a title. That makes you stupid.

Robz4000
that's how they've been playing since kb got hurt

(except with Kobe out :lol).

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm not a dumbass like you, I know my team's limitations.

You think the Spurs can win a title. That makes you stupid.
Stupid for actually caring about my team? Yaok. Go ahead and watch your Doyers continue to be irrelevant.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Stupid for actually caring about my team? Yaok. Go ahead and watch your Doyers continue to be irrelevant.

That makes no sense whatsoever in the context of what we're talking about.

Caring and being realistic are not mutually exclusive. Doesn't that make sense to you, or is your brain that dumb that you can't even get that?

z0sa
04-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Spurs need to adjust their rotation. Last game, their only answer to being doubled up on the boards was packing the paint and letting MWP and company rip us to shreds. Cmon Pop, do what you gotta do and play Splitter and Diaw big minutes.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Rosters submitted yet?

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 08:31 PM

Caring and being realistic are not mutually exclusive. Doesn't that make sense to you, or is your brain that dumb that you can't even get that?
The argument is about tonight's game, not whether either team can win a championship. You just threw it out there because the context of our conversation wasn't working in your favor.

To be honest, you're right down there with Narutoluva and Kool-Aids: you only care about your team when it's winning, and when it isn't you feign disinterest. All three of you come off as true bandwagoners. At least Cully is here win or lose, despite his tiring material (then again he's jumped franchises more times than you've prolly passed a college class).

slick'81
04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
the calm before the storm

100%duncan
04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Spurs need to adjust their rotation. Last game, their only answer to being doubled up on the boards was packing the paint and letting MWP and company rip us to shreds. Cmon Pop, do what you gotta do and play Splitter and Diaw big minutes.

He wont. We all know that.

Splits
04-17-2012, 08:34 PM

GTFO of our game thread. Go downstairs, or better yet, to the bowels of humanity (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=144374&start=50&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

NASpurs
Jeff McDonald (http://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN): Everyone in for Spurs tonight at LAL. 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/statuses/192424977352499200)

:wow

Spurs da champs
All available according to Jeff McDonald!

foodie2
04-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Everyone in tonight per McDonald.

Splits
The argument is about tonight's game, not whether either team can win a championship. You just threw it out there because the context of our conversation wasn't working in your favor.

To be honest, you're right down there with Narutoluva and Kool-Aids: you only care about your team when it's winning, and when it isn't you feign disinterest. All three of you come off as true bandwagoners. At least Cully is here win or lose, despite his tiring material (then again he's jumped franchises more times than you've prolly passed a college class).

If this weren't a game thread....

/thread

DatBoyGood
Everyone is playing tonight!

Tp9gospursgo
04-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Everyones playing!! WOo! I can't wait to watch!!

NASpurs
04-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Dave McMenamin (http://twitter.com/mcten): Popovich on his "DNP - Old" listing for Tim Duncan this season: "I won't be doing that again. Some people didn't find it too humorous"

:lmao I don't get what's so bad about it that people got butt hurt about that.

Josepatches_
04-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Jeff McDonald (http://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN): Everyone in for Spurs tonight at LAL. 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/statuses/192424977352499200)

Nice move.

Let's going to win this one. They can rest in SA.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Oh yeah?...care to recap the posts?

You: Lakers had a fluke game.

Me: Lakers bigs shot 36%

You: [excuses and whining], then you changed the subject with the "You gave up on your team!" pissy pants spurfan routine.

Me: I said I've been here all along (which I have), but that I'm realistic and not some sunshining ignorant faggot like yourself.

You: You responded with the quintessential gnsf "I'm a good fan b/c I think they can win:cry:cry:cry!" bullshit.

Me: I pointed out the fallacy in your line of thinking

You: More crying and excuses about changing the subject (that you initially changed:lol)

Don't you feel stupid now?

Robz4000
Glad to see Pop is showing balls. Win or lose I can't complain now.

TheSkeptic
Thank goodness everyone's playing. Let's just do what we can then.

Tp9gospursgo
04-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Everyone's available & ready to go," Pop said. "Of course, they were available and ready to go last time we played, and we got humiliated." Let's hope its a different outcome tonight!! GSG!

NASpurs
04-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Jeff McDonald (http://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN): "Everyone's available & ready to go," Pop said. "Of course, they were available and ready to go last time we played, and we got humiliated." 1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/statuses/192426680151846912)

Pop with more encouraging words. :lol

Josepatches_
04-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Lol Pop..

humiliated and you have no answer when you could play Duncan /Splitter together

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
GTFO of our game thread. Go downstairs, or better yet, to the bowels of humanity (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=144374&start=50&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

Cry some more. it might help.

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Oh yeah?...care to recap the posts?

You: Lakers had a fluke game.

Me: Lakers bigs shot 36%

You: [excuses and whining], then you changed the subject with the "You gave up on your team!" pissy pants spurfan routine.

Me: I said I've been here all along (which I have), but that I'm realistic and not some sunshining ignorant faggot like yourself.

You: You responded with the quintessential gnsf "I'm a good fan b/c I think they can win:cry:cry:cry!" bullshit.

Me: I pointed out the fallacy in your line of thinking

You: More crying and excuses about changing the subject (that you initially changed:lol)

Don't you feel stupid now?

If you read my last post, I mentioned how I never brought up the idea of the Spurs winning a championship. You mentioned it after I pointed out how the last game went in the 3rd quarter. Hence, I didn't bring it up first, you did in order to try to make yourself seem like you had all the facts. I think the butthurt from all the rape downstairs is getting to you. Also, your insults towards everyone's general intelligence is getting pretty overused. Are you trying to hide some lack of mental ability?

silverblk mystix
04-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Jeff McDonald (http://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN): "Everyone's available & ready to go," Pop said. "Of course, they were available and ready to go last time we played, and we got humiliated." 1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/statuses/192426680151846912)

Pop with more encouraging words. :lol

Pop throwing out a little challenge to his team....this is more like it...win or lose...at least it is time for a battle cry...fuck this pussy tank a Pop....

Let's see if the team responds to the last ass kicking they suffered at the hands of these fuckers....

NASpurs
04-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I feel good about tonight. I mean, yeah of course, the size of the Lakers front court is imposing and the Spurs can't make Blair grow six more inches but tonight the Spurs are going in with a better rhythm than last game. Hopefully some of the shots Parker and others were missing will go in tonight.

I don't know; we'll see.

z0sa
Glad to see Pop is showing balls. Win or lose I can't complain now.

Provided he doesn't play them limited minutes.

loveforthegame
Glad to hear everyone is playing tonight. Win or lose I'm sure the guys are going to come out with more aggressiveness, energy, and something to prove.

Go Spurs!!

timtonymanu
04-17-2012, 08:47 PM
:lol humiliated
:lol thinking you can counter the Lakers' front line with short Blair and soft Bonner.

Good to see the Big 3 playing. Hopefully they play much better because they are still recovering from that last Laker game.

TheSkeptic
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
:lol humiliated
:lol thinking you can counter the Lakers' front line with short Blair and soft Bonner.

Good to see the Big 3 playing. Hopefully they play much better because they are still recovering from that last Laker game.

Tim played about as well as I'd expect given the circumstances. I think Tony and Manu will likely play better at the very least.

Libri
04-17-2012, 08:49 PM

Bringing out the big guns. :makemyday

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Provided he doesn't play them limited minutes.
Nah, if they get raped early, might as well save them and get the win in Sacramento tomorrow.

Proxy
04-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Dave McMenamin (http://twitter.com/mcten): Popovich on his "DNP - Old" listing for Tim Duncan this season: "I won't be doing that again. Some people didn't find it too humorous"

:lmao I don't get what's so bad about it that people got butt hurt about that.

Haha... that's old school. Glad to hear him say that.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 08:50 PM
If you read my last post, I mentioned how I never brought up the idea of the Spurs winning a championship. You mentioned it after I pointed out how the last game went in the 3rd quarter. Hence, I didn't bring it up first, you did in order to try to make yourself seem like you had all the facts. I think the butthurt from all the rape downstairs is getting to you. Also, your insults towards everyone's general intelligence is getting pretty overused. Are you trying to hide some lack of mental ability?

Cool backpedaling from you. Why did you go with the "I care bit" in the first place then, dumbass?

roycrikside
04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
My guess is now he'll sit big three @Sac tomorrow. Are the Kings tanking or will they try to win that one?

Manu-20
04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Nice to see pop letting everyone play this tells me that he dosnt give two shits about who we face in the palyoffs seeing as how he is expecting a win playing everyone

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Cool backpedaling from you. Why did you go with the "I care bit" in the first place then, dumbass?
Because you gave up on your team already, so you shouldn't even have the right to post about them, shitstick.

NASpurs
04-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Pop with more quoteworthy(?) quotes

Mike Trudell (http://twitter.com/LakersReporter): Pop was asked about if Duncan tries to coach on the sideline when he's out: "Duncan doesn't let me say a word... about 5 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/LakersReporter/statuses/192428912620478466)

Mike Trudell (http://twitter.com/LakersReporter): Pop cont'd: "(Duncan's) been a thorn in my side for 15 years and I don't know how much longer I can take it. " about 5 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/LakersReporter/statuses/192428975556005889)

:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Because you gave up on your team already, so you shouldn't even have the right to post about them, shitstick.

Do you realize how utterly gay you sound right now?

"You don't think your team can win, so you shouldn't be posting!!:cry:cry:cry"

How gray of you:lol

My team not being good enough to win it all has nothing to do with them beating up on a fool's gold team like yours. You can't seem to grasp this:lol

Splits
04-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Pop with more quoteworthy(?) quotes

Mike Trudell (http://twitter.com/LakersReporter): Pop was asked about if Duncan tries to coach on the sideline when he's out: "Duncan doesn't let me say a word... about 5 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/LakersReporter/statuses/192428912620478466)

Mike Trudell (http://twitter.com/LakersReporter): Pop cont'd: "(Duncan's) been a thorn in my side for 15 years and I don't know how much longer I can take it. " about 5 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/LakersReporter/statuses/192428975556005889)

Too funny, especially this final quip:

Mike Trudell
@LakersReporter

Popovich was asked how he's tolerated all that from Duncan over the years: "I'm a hell of a guy."

Josepatches_
I expect a great Tony tonight.

25+ points.

DarkGinobili
:flag:

Sense
04-17-2012, 09:01 PM
I expect the Spurs to come back strong in this one... everyone, although I expect a couple of role players to struggle, that last game will fuel them on this one. We might lose but at least it will be close.

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 09:07 PM

Do you realize how utterly gay you sound right now?

"You don't think your team can win, so you shouldn't be posting!!:cry:cry:cry"

How gray of you:lol

My team not being good enough to win it all has nothing to do with them beating up on a fool's gold team like yours. You can't seem to grasp this:lol
:lol responding to said gray poster

If I'm so far beneath you, don't respond to me. I'll be right here win or lose.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 09:09 PM
As long as Pop continues not to play Duncan and Splitter together, this is a win, no matter the result.

gilmor
04-17-2012, 09:09 PM
I expect 8 points from TP, 14 from Manu, 16 from Duncan.

Spurs 91, Lakers 106

Want to bet?

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 09:10 PM
:lol responding to said gray poster

If I'm so far beneath you, don't respond to me. I'll be right here win or lose.

I always make time for the little people. That's why I'm such a role model here.

Splits
04-17-2012, 09:10 PM
As long as Pop continues not to play Duncan and Splitter together, this is a win, no matter the result.

http://www.lakersground.net/

Robz4000
04-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I always make time for the little people. That's why I'm such a role model here.
How noble of you.

TheSkeptic
04-17-2012, 09:16 PM

You see it as him being an annoying Laker fan (Ok I'll give you that point). I see it as him acknowledging the fact that we're only a few adjustments away from competing with them.

But seriously, stop rubbing it in DD.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 09:17 PM

wJ0Sxr2gvV8

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2012, 09:19 PM
I don't think TP could play any less than he did last time, that being said, I also expect a good game out of him. Bring it on! GSG!! :flag::lobt::lobt:

Reck
04-17-2012, 09:21 PM
DD is good peoples.

A non-contender team hanging with another non-contender team. Its all good.

AnthonyM
04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Splitter starting...

NBA Guru @NBAGuru
·More
Tiago Splitter starting at center tonight instead of DeJuan Blair. Blair on the floor warming up so guessing this is a strategic move.

https://twitter.com/NBAGuru/statuses/192438300722733056

Mugen
04-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Splitter starting...

NBA Guru @NBAGuru
·More
Tiago Splitter starting at center tonight instead of DeJuan Blair. Blair on the floor warming up so guessing this is a strategic move.

Motherfucker.

siraulo23
04-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Holy fucking shit? is that true of somebodys trolling

NASpurs
04-17-2012, 09:28 PM
OMG... :wow

emanueldavidginobili
Tiago starting!!

freetiago
you trolling
this would be the worst time to debut the lineup even if it is necessary
splitter is put in the worst position to fail and pop would have the fire to start bonner/blair citing the failed game vs LA

hater
04-17-2012, 09:29 PM
LMAO if we lose by 30 again

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Splitter starting...

NBA Guru @NBAGuru
·More

Can't be true.

siraulo23
04-17-2012, 09:30 PM
:lol who is nbaguru

NASpurs
04-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Wait, who's NBA Guru, are they legit/

Paranoid Pop
04-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Splitter starting...

NBA Guru @NBAGuru
·More

Curious to know who's is guarding who. Splitter on Bynum doesn't sound too good to me tbh.

AnthonyM
04-17-2012, 09:33 PM
I've followed NBA guru for quite a while for fantasy news. Pretty legit, usually at the games. But I'm just the messenger.

TheSkeptic
04-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Ok. If this is true than I owe Pop an apology although I'm not sure how the offense is supposed to work here...

Uriel
04-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Too funny, especially this final quip:

Spur|n|Austin
Curious to know who's is guarding who. Splitter on Bynum doesn't sound too good to me tbh.

Better than Blair on Bynum tbh.

Bill_Brasky
Tiago Splitter is starting tonight.

THANK YOU POP.

TheSkeptic
04-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Better than Blair or Bynum tbh.

I'm not sure. Maybe they take turns? I like Splitter better on Gasol tbh...

emanueldavidginobili
Yeah I follow NBA Guru on Twitter, hes legit.

timtonymanu
Splitter/Duncan? Could it be? :wow

Mugen
wgaf if they win or lose tonight. If Splitter starts, then that means Pop hasn't completely lost it just yet.

TheSkeptic
04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't know whether to be relieved that Pop seemingly hasn't lost his mind...or to be really really mad that this unit probably won't have any cohesion...

Uriel
Tiago Splitter is starting tonight.

THANK YOU POP.

Holy sh*t.

Splits
I've followed NBA guru for quite a while for fantasy news. Pretty legit, usually at the games. But I'm just the messenger.

McDonaaaallllllldddddd! If you got outscooped once again, you are fired. Let's hope this is real and Splitter finally gets his shot.

roycrikside
I don't know whether to be relieved that Pop seemingly hasn't lost his mind...or to be really really mad that this unit probably won't have any cohesion...

better late than never, I suppose...

Mugen
McDonaaaallllllldddddd! If you got outscooped once again, you are fired. Let's hope this is real and Splitter finally gets his shot.

shut the fuck up.

TheSkeptic
04-17-2012, 09:38 PM

:lmao Taking a shot at McDonald.

In all seriousness though, I can't figure out why he has a press pass as well...

DPG21920
04-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Was supposed to happen last time vs LA

Uriel
04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
When it comes to starting lineups, courtside monitors aren't always 100% accurate. But this one has Splitter starting alongside Duncan.

NASpurs
Splitter starts but receives 15 minutes of game time.

"Fuck you Spurstalk" :lol

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/293-gregg-popovich-thumbs-up.png

AnthonyM
McDonald saying Splitter and Duncan are starting together ...

Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
1m
When it comes to starting lineups, courtside monitors aren't always 100% accurate. But this one has Splitter starting alongside Duncan.

Fireball
All hands are on deck ... Splitter might be starting ... now I am pumped even more. And perhaps the road atmosphere is easier for the Spurs than this shit feeling in the AT&T Center with all these Lakers fans ....

TheSkeptic
better late than never, I suppose...

Yeah. Let's hope he doesn't give up on it although I'm not very confident in this line-up right now.

TheSkeptic
04-17-2012, 09:40 PM
McDonald saying Splitter and Duncan are starting together ...

Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
1m

Ok. Now I'm with Splitman4evah. We need a new beat reporter.

timtonymanu
04-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Splitter starts but receives 15 minutes of game time.

"Fuck you Spurstalk" :lol

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/293-gregg-popovich-thumbs-up.png

Yeah starting him is progress, but actually letting him play a lot tonight will convince me. Otherwise, it will just be another lineup tinker.

DatBoyGood
04-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

:downspin:

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-17-2012, 09:41 PM
godam Novak is SICK

timtonymanu
04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Thank you Steve Novak for not allowing this game to stretch out.

NASpurs
Novak >>> Bonner.

Novak is doing it in April.

Fireball
Novak 8/10 on threes against the Celtics tonight? Holy shit ....

SpursNextRomanEmpire
Tiago starting! Fuck yes.

Thompson
Steve Novak is killing Boston right now (haven't watched the whole game, but I think he has 25 points). He just hit back-to-back clutch 3's to fight off the Celtic's last charge.

ace3g
04-17-2012, 09:43 PM
godam Novak is SICK

yeah discount double check is in full effect

Findog's Ex Fiancee
04-17-2012, 09:44 PM
If Splitter is guarding Bynum, he'll pick up 2 quick fouls, Bynum is protected by refs.

Duncan should guard Bynum, Splitter on Gasol.

GSH
04-17-2012, 09:44 PM
shut the fuck up.

That's right, Mugen. Feel your hatred. Come to the dark side.

http://www.stargroup1.com/sites/default/files/uploads/the-dark-side1.jpg

DesignatedT
04-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Managing the 2nd unit bigs will be interesting. I would take Splitter out at the 6 min mark and bring him back in for Tim around the 2 min mark and so on. I would prefer to have 1 of them on the floor at all times. Starting together is great but it makes it hard for that to happen. Finishing together was the big issue.

bklynspursfan
04-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Holy hell i'm so psyched Tiago is starting!!

bklynspursfan
04-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Unless that means Tim sits out tonight and Blair is starting :lol

DatBoyGood
04-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks Doc for extending the game.

Fireball
04-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Managing the 2nd unit bigs will be interesting. I would take Splitter out at the 6 min mark and bring him back in for Tim around the 2 min mark and so on. I would prefer to have 1 of them on the floor at all times. Starting together is great but it makes it hard for that to happen. Finishing together was the big issue.

yeah ... Gasol and Bynum can play so much more minutes together ... it will be tough, but we finally get to see the Duncan/Splitter pairing ... and we see if these two also need Ginobili in the lineup for more offense

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Don't tell me Pop might do as I suggested he would (ie. use the 3 games against the Fakers to test different lineups). :wow :rolleyes

DPG21920
Is this the game that unlocks the potential or kills the hypothetical line up many think will work.

Spur|n|Austin
All hands are on deck ... Splitter might be starting ... now I am pumped even more. And perhaps the road atmosphere is easier for the Spurs than this shit feeling in the AT&T Center with all these Lakers fans ....

Good point, I can't stand those assholes.

timtonymanu
I forgot how much I hated being the 2nd game of a doubleheader on TNT.

GSH
04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
What's the over/under for people saying "I told you so"?

TheSkeptic
04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
yeah ... Gasol and Bynum can play so much more minutes together ... it will be tough, but we finally get to see the Duncan/Splitter pairing ... and we see if these two also need Ginobili in the lineup for more offense

That's just it though. I've never had an issue with their defense but I don't have a clue how this is going to work on the other end. This is why Duncan/Splitter needed more time to get the kinks out before we played the Lakers. :pctoss

Libri
04-17-2012, 09:50 PM
woohoo, game ended

DesignatedT
geez this game is starting late. Tomorrow is going to suck.

NASpurs
Pop playing the big 3 in the middle game of a b2b2b and starting Splitter? I have no words. The end is nigh.

Uriel
God, I love TNT. :lol I haven't seen a Spurs game on a decent national TV broadcast all year. Now I'm getting one against the Lakers. :toast

bklynspursfan
That's just it though. I've never had an issue with their defense but I don't have a clue how this is going to work on the other end. This is why Duncan/Splitter needed more time to get the kinks out before we played the Lakers. :pctoss

:pop: "i got it under control. they see a lot of time in practice. don't doubt me"

timtonymanu
04-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Fuck the Lakers.

Revenge Spurs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-17-2012, 09:51 PM
WTF? Has the game started? ILP is blank.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Splitter!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't get blown out

Uriel
Pop playing the big 3 in the middle game of a b2b2b and starting Splitter? I have no words. The end is nigh.

:pop: appreciation

Spurs Brazil
yes Tony

DatBoyGood
Parker is ready.

NASpurs
Good sign!!

Spursfanfromafar
Splitter starting with Duncan.. My word!

Solid D
Oh boy. Officiating tonight is Tom Washington. He loves him some Lakers.

DPG21920
First play, la oop to Bynum :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Tiago starts!!! Ah-ha. Will cliff-jumping biatches and Pop-haters STFU now? Of course they won't! :lmao

Libri
04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
oh crap

MannyIsGod
This shit better not continue with Artest.

ace3g
Artest with the quick hands

Kyl3
Damn! Novak and J.R's 3PM-A

DesignatedT
good job tiago

ace3g
04-17-2012, 09:54 PM
there we go Splitter, drawing the foul on Bynum!!!

Spurs Brazil
good job Tiago. Put Bynum in foul trouble

MannyIsGod
If Splitter could get Bynum into foul trouble that would be great.

Spurminator
We did it guys! SpursTalk did it!

:lol

DPG21920
Tiago at the line again!

sexinthatsx
Lets go spurs, fuck up the lakers tonight!!!

ace3g
last couple of games Splitter has regressed at the FT line

Fireball
get them in foul trouble Tiago !!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Can we please not underestimate Artest. He seems to love killing us.

Spurs Brazil
damn Tiago, finish this

MannyIsGod
Really Tiago?!?@?!? Fucking really?

DatBoyGood
Splitter......

DesignatedT
ugggggggggggglyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

sexinthatsx
Tiago thinks he's Manu Ginobili lol

ace3g
damn Splitter should have taken that to Bynum, no behind the back pass...

DPG21920
04-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Bynum shitting on Tim right now

Spursfanfromafar
Can we please not underestimate Artest. He seems to love killing us.

Yes..the Artesthole has got into shape over the course of the season.. Can't be ignored any more.

bklynspursfan
We did it guys! SpursTalk did it!

:lol

:danceclub

wut
not a good start, too many turnovers so far.

timtonymanu
Slow start, at the moment. Calm down, Spurs.

Spurs Brazil
Tony is on

blkroadrunners
04-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Parker playing well.

timtonymanu
Tony Parker came to play today. :tu

SanAntonioSpurs23
Let's go TP

Libri
TP coming to play.

Libri
TP yes!

MannyIsGod
04-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Are you kidding me? No travel and then they call a foul?!?!

timtonymanu
Fucking Artest!

ace3g
really Artest, really...

wut
bullsh%t call against green

DPG21920
Travel!!! Damn man

bklynspursfan
F*cking bail out

roycrikside
How is that not a travel on Bynum?

ffadicted
tha fuck

InRareForm
you got to be kidding me

MannyIsGod
Spurs O looks good but they need some stops.

bklynspursfan
Ginobili is gonna have a strong game I feel it. Him and Tony have a point to prove

noles1983
Eat shit artest

GSH
04-17-2012, 09:59 PM
How is that not a travel on Bynum?

only because they're playing in LA. that's bullshit

Fireball
I hate broken plays ... fuck World Peace

TheSkeptic
These commentators...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Fucking Artest. :pctoss

Bynum travelled when he fell over.

I hate that this feels like 2002.

DesignatedT
danny is playing like shit

SpursNextRomanEmpire
Fuck World Peace.

DAF86
lol Spurs and aley oops

Spurs Brazil
WTF Tony??

MannyIsGod
Green. :lmao

ace3g
crap don't be injured green

TDomination
did tp see a 2 in front of greens #4 there?

DPG21920
Little awkward and la getting good looks

Findog's Ex Fiancee
Danny Green is the least athletic "athletic player" that I've ever seen.

MannyIsGod
WTF Tony??

Tony made a good pass - he didn't expect Green to trip over himself.

ace3g
04-17-2012, 10:00 PM
and the Splitter era is over..

DesignatedT
tony ballin

Spurs Brazil
So far a good job on the boards

sexinthatsx
good stuff parker!

SanAntonioSpurs23
Hell yeah TP

wut
What little we saw of Duncan+Splitter together was encouraging, they didnt get offensive boards, then we put in bonner, *sigh*

sexinthatsx
wow bonner good D

MannyIsGod
04-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Bonner shitting on Pau.

maverick1948
Great D by BONNER !!!!!

SanAntonioSpurs23
Leonard 3333333333333333333

Libri
Bonner with some good D.

GSH
Matt kicking Gasol's ass, and Kawhi draining the 3 on the other end. Nice.

Spursfanfromafar
Is Gasol playing? :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Why do the refs allow Bynum to push straight through people????

EVAY
Bonner blocked Gasol!!

NASpurs
Spurs are playing with balls; that's all I wanted win or lose :cry

ace3g
I'll be ok, if we only see Timmy, Splitter, Bonner, and Diaw tonight.

timtonymanu
Need to play better defense but we definitely look more competitive than the last game.

DPG21920
Bynum is getting too many good looks vs Tim. If that continues its trouble.

Spurs Brazil
Gasol improved his J

timtonymanu
04-17-2012, 10:02 PM
I'll be ok, if we only see Timmy, Splitter, Bonner, and Diaw tonight.

:tu

No Blair please.

EVAY
Bynum is killing Duncan, though!

DatBoyGood
Good D Bonner!

Libri
Gasol with a long jumper because of Bonner's defense. :lmao

MannyIsGod
I gotta say, Tiago was extremely underwhelming early.

bklynspursfan
Only a small sample size, but Tiago and Tim seem like a no brainer. Their defense allowed us to get defensive rebounds and play well. Most importantly, Splitter doesn't have any fouls

Fireball
and the Splitter era is over..

why ... right move ... put him back in at the end of the quarter for Duncan again ...

Spurs Brazil
When TD rest Pop must put Tiago back

No turd towers please

timvp
Season is 90% over ... and now Pop finally realizes he should play Duncan and Splitter together :rolleyes

Manu-20
04-17-2012, 10:03 PM
honstley having gasol shooting long jumpers is much better than him working in the post

MmP
i still cant get trhough that stupid and 1 from artest, bynum travelled miles and no f call

Josepatches_
It would be great to attack him to find the 2nd fault

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Fuck World Peace.

World Peace is a good idea.

Instead, fuck the guy who's so arrogant and moronic that he changes his name to it! :lmao