PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent Remarks On Obama Draw Secret Service Scrutiny

DarrinS
04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I can't believe week-ass crap like this makes top story on huff and puff post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/ted-nugent-obama-secret-service_n_1432009.html

Viva Las Espuelas
04-17-2012, 05:23 PM
They want Romney to rebuke his statements :lol

Wow. Stretching a little there, aren't they?

ChumpDumper
04-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Why is it weak?

admiralsnackbar
04-17-2012, 05:34 PM
I can't believe week-ass crap like this makes top story on huff and puff post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/ted-nugent-obama-secret-service_n_1432009.html

You say this after Fox headlined the Hilary Rosen story? It's election time -- it's only going to get more absurd. At least the Nuge said some legitimately gonzo shit for all that attention. :lol

RandomGuy
04-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Meh.

You start talking about the president and mentioning bombs and guns, while doing it at a public event with thousands of people.

I have no doubt that if the president were a Republican, and any Democrat had said something similar you would be all over that like stink on shit.

Hypocrite much?

EVAY
04-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Listen, with as much trouble as the Secret Service is in these days, they are probably the ones who leaked this to the press.

Those guys would love to have something for folks to focus on besides their own off-hours activities.

EVAY
04-17-2012, 06:43 PM
^^^I noticed that the Pres. was loathe to throw them under the bus at the press conference in Cartagena. I mean, he may pick a fight with the Supremes, but he ain't going at the guys with the guns! He's not so dumb as some give him credit for being.

Winehole23
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
fake outrage begets more fake outrage from those who disbelieve it. tis the season.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Isn't prostitution legal in Columbia?

Nbadan
04-17-2012, 08:31 PM
The last time a President picked a fight with the secret service Kennedy got shot...

Prostitution is 'legal' only in certain parts of Columbia

Jacob1983
04-18-2012, 03:13 AM
How do we know that Obama and Nugent aren't in a secret alliance of some sort? What if Nugent said this shit to distract Americans from Obama's failings as president and the economy?

admiralsnackbar
04-18-2012, 04:10 AM
How do we know that Obama and Nugent aren't in a secret alliance of some sort? What if Nugent said this shit to distract Americans from Obama's failings as president and the economy?

You might be on to something, Jacob -- what better place to hide a pink mole than under The Nuge?

Leo Strauss would be proud.

RandomGuy
04-18-2012, 08:24 AM
fake outrage begets more fake outrage from those who disbelieve it. tis the season.

Saw the Nuge talking this morning at an event of some kind.

He fancies himself to be William Wallace (not making that up), and is predicting he will be in jail or dead if Obama gets re-elected, or before November.

:rolleyes

Typical right wing hysteria, but the fact that these are the types of people who are the most well-armed should worry anybody about the potential for self-fulfilling prophecies.

Drachen
04-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Saw the Nuge talking this morning at an event of some kind.

He fancies himself to be William Wallace (not making that up), and is predicting he will be in jail or dead if Obama gets re-elected, or before November.

:rolleyes

Typical right wing hysteria, but the fact that these are the types of people who are the most well-armed should worry anybody about the potential for self-fulfilling prophecies.

I have been thinking about this lately. I know three people who are arming and prepping (buying a ton of non-perishable food) for, I don't know, armageddon. For the most part, I just think "great! You buying all that stuff will do wonders for our economy!" Then it has been creeping in that they are a little... off. Not BECAUSE of their desire to "prep", just in general. Now if all of these people are a little off and they have a ton of guns, they may just bring about that which they fear is coming. It makes me a little nervous.

boutons_deux
04-18-2012, 09:03 AM
You Stay Classy, Tea Baggers

Republican Who Hosted M16 Shooting Event To ‘Remove’ Giffords In 2010 Wins Nomination For Her Seat

Republican Jesse Kelly, a construction manager and Tea Party favorite, won the Republican nomination primary last night to fill the seat left vacant by the resignation of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ). Kelly will face former Giffords district manager Ron Barber in the June 12th special election. Kelly, in his unsuccessful 2010 bid for the same seat, infamously hosted an M16 automatic weapons shooting campaign event to help supporters “get on target” to “help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office.” Just months later, a gunman went on a shooting spree at a Giffords community event in Tuscon, leaving six dead and a dozen wounded — including both Giffords and Barber. Giffords resigned her seat in January to focus on her recovery.

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/18/466425/jesse-kelly-giffords/

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2012, 09:13 AM
I have been thinking about this lately. I know three people who are arming and prepping (buying a ton of non-perishable food) for, I don't know, armageddon. For the most part, I just think "great! You buying all that stuff will do wonders for our economy!" Then it has been creeping in that they are a little... off. Not BECAUSE of their desire to "prep", just in general. Now if all of these people are a little off and they have a ton of guns, they may just bring about that which they fear is coming. It makes me a little nervous.

Actually, ammo has outperformed stocks and bonds as an investment the last 5 years.

TeyshaBlue
04-18-2012, 09:15 AM
You Stay Classy, Tea Baggers

Republican Who Hosted M16 Shooting Event To ‘Remove’ Giffords In 2010 Wins Nomination For Her Seat

Republican Jesse Kelly, a construction manager and Tea Party favorite, won the Republican nomination primary last night to fill the seat left vacant by the resignation of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ). Kelly will face former Giffords district manager Ron Barber in the June 12th special election. Kelly, in his unsuccessful 2010 bid for the same seat, infamously hosted an M16 automatic weapons shooting campaign event to help supporters “get on target” to “help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office.” Just months later, a gunman went on a shooting spree at a Giffords community event in Tuscon, leaving six dead and a dozen wounded — including both Giffords and Barber. Giffords resigned her seat in January to focus on her recovery.

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/18/466425/jesse-kelly-giffords/

Stay stupid Thinkprogress.

I remember the enlightened progressive meme that tied the two events together after the shooting, and was completely destroyed with a simple application of logic.
Funny (not) that thinkprogress.borg would regurgitate that line of "reasoning".

TeyshaBlue
04-18-2012, 09:16 AM

2012 the new Y2K.

Yonivore
04-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Some might view this as an early form of hysteria, Drachen.

It's not just the Right wing that is preparing for some sort of "showdown" if the election doesn't go their way. One could argue that crack pot Louis Farrakan is fomenting some kind of racial holocaust if whites don't "surrender."

I'm not opposed to Nugent getting a visit from His Majesty's Secret Service -- he was spouting some pretty violent imagery -- even though I understood his metaphors were not much different than when the President encourages his followers to bloody some noses and bring a gun to a knife fight.

The being dead or in jail comment is probably what drew the Secret Service's attention.

In any case, I think The Nation of Islam and the The New Black Panther Party deserve the same scrutiny from the Department of Justice as Nugent is getting from Victoria's Secret Service.

George Gervin's Afro
04-18-2012, 09:48 AM

It's not just the Right wing that is preparing for some sort of "showdown" if the election doesn't go their way. One could argue that crack pot Louis Farrakan is fomenting some kind of racial holocaust if whites don't "surrender."

I'm not opposed to Nugent getting a visit from His Majesty's Secret Service -- he was spouting some pretty violent imagery -- even though I understood his metaphors were not much different than when the President encourages his followers to bloody some noses and bring a gun to a knife fight.

The being dead or in jail comment is probably what drew the Secret Service's attention.

In any case, I think The Nation of Islam and the The New Black Panther Party deserve the same scrutiny from the Department of Justice as Nugent is getting from Victoria's Secret Service.

I truly wonder what world you live in.. a very simple one I assume.

RandomGuy
04-18-2012, 09:48 AM

Don't forget the nutters that buy into "9-11 is an inside job". Alex Jones has been pushing "big bad goverment" conspiracies for a while now.

Such anti-authoritarian rhetoric generally has been a leftish cause, but has broken out of that traditional mold to infect people from all over the political spectrum.

Nugent has made some rather... colorful remarks already, before this, which is why he is getting more attention now.

ChumpDumper
04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Yoni must donate to the NBBP in an attempt to make them relevant.

RandomGuy
04-18-2012, 09:55 AM

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/

My favorite was the hippy couple in the old nuclear weapon silo in Nebraska.

If I had the money, I would copy them, simply because living in an old nuclear weapons silo would be fucking cool.

There are even whole undeground communities planned.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/10/article-2127759-12887CEA000005DC-827_634x673.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2127759/Apocalypse-Doomsday-shelter-built-Kansas-prairie.html

I smell money to be made on people's fear.

Winehole23
04-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Typical right wing hysteria, but the fact that these are the types of people who are the most well-armed should worry anybody about the potential for self-fulfilling prophecies.Oh, I don't know...I doubt anyone has the corner on "self-fulfilling prophecies"...

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Nugents a goof. It's his shtick and it's definitely helped his comeback as the redneck rocker.

Winehole23
04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149704

boutons_deux
04-18-2012, 01:52 PM
"comeback as the redneck rocker."

yep, like the NRA and all their gun fetishists, nutcase Nugent rouses the gun rabbles for $$$.

Winehole23
04-18-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164623&highlight=hutaree

Nbadan
04-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Why hasn't Romney rebuked Ted Nugent? And where is the M$M for this outrage?

Mitt Romney’s Ted Nugent problems are much worse than the rocker’s threats against President Obama. Romney’s real issue is that he has accepted the endorsement of an admitted pedophile.

The Romney campaign reacted to Nugent’s comments tepidly, “Divisive language is offensive no matter what side of the political aisle it comes from. Mitt Romney believes everyone needs to be civil.” What Mitt Romney didn’t do was distance himself from Ted Nugent, or else he risks alienating the fringe right that he is still oh so desperately trying to court.

Romney’s Ted Nugent problem is about to get a whole lot worse if the mainstream media ever decides to report that Mittens has not rebuked a self-admitted pedophile. In a 1998 episode of VH1’s Behind The Music, Ted Nugent admitted to being a serial pedophile. VH1 politely phrased this as, “his weakness for young women.”

Lawrence O'Donnell went after Nugent for his draft dodging during Vietnam tonight, but he didn't mention this. I wonder if Romney is still going want Nugent's endorsement if the media picks up on this story as well. Given Nugent's history of violent rhetoric, you've got to wonder why Romney thought chasing after this guy for an endorsement was a good idea in the first place. Now we can add bragging about potential serial statutory rape, depending on just how young and what states these girls lived in, to the list of why his campaign should not have touched Nugent with a ten foot pole.

Read more: http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/romney-supporter-nugent-admitted-multiple-a

Winehole23
04-20-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/04/18/patriot_games?page=0,0

Biernutz
04-21-2012, 08:34 PM
I guess Ted thought he could go off like the New Black Panthers and it would be O.K.
Silly Ted---