PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Cam Newton appreciation thread

Trill Clinton
04-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Thought the best young QB in the league needed his own thread. :king

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/camnewton_makeitrain.gif

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Trill, I've turned a new leaf. Congrats to Mr. Newton and I hope he can legitimize his status as a good QB by leading his team to the playoffs.

slick'81
04-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Madden jinx

Trill Clinton
04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Trill, I've turned a new leaf. Congrats to Mr. Newton and I hope he can legitimize his status as a good QB by leading his team to the playoffs.

My nigga.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1163473/dap-o.gif

Trill Clinton
04-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Madden jinx

naw he didn't win the cover yet. it'll come down to him and Aaron Rodgers, hopefully Rodgers wins.

JoeTait75
04-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Took him in the 14th round of an 18-round draft and he led me to the title game. Nothing but love for the young fella. :toast

TIMMYtoZO
04-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Cam is going to get clobbered in week 3. The most dominant defensive line of Tuck/Joesph/Austin/JPP/Osi/Kiwi/Canty are going to be punking Cam all afternoon long. He will be lucky if he can walk afterwards. :lol

Trill Clinton
04-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Cam is going to get clobbered in week 3. The most dominant defensive line of Tuck/Joesph/Austin/JPP/Osi/Kiwi/Canty are going to be punking Cam all afternoon long. He will be lucky if he can walk afterwards. :lol

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo164/Master_Dimentio/Reaction%20Images/clueless.gif

yeaaa right....cammy cam is gonna take advantage of that aggressive line and run all over ya'll; and when you try to go to a contain D, he's just gonna torch you with his arm.

Will Hunting
04-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Before people start celebrating ol' Scam Newton he should probably lead his team to a .500 record first

Bill_Brasky
04-19-2012, 10:30 AM
^Manning was 3-13 his rookie year.

I'M NOT SAYING CAM IS MANNING. I'm just saying that records aren't everything with rookie QB's.

Cam is the one black QB I've ever thought might make it. Hope he doesn't make me look like an ass.

benefactor
04-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Might try to go to the game on the 18th. Be cool to see him get his ass handed to him in person.

RaZon
04-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Can the kid handle the spotlight? Once on top will he be as hungry?

Obviously he has all the physical tools to be great down the road, I do have to question the commitment/dedication/want/need as a multi millionaire.

I don't like to see these young guys in commercials and hawking this and that. I have a theory....

jjktkk
04-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Whatever happened to a player getting some skins on the wall before we start annointing him a great player?

Pelicans78
04-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Cam regressed as the year went along. Teams started to figure him out a bit more. Even the Saints bountied his ass in the season finale. Heck, he struggled in the Pro Bowl. Who the hell struggles in the Pro Bowl. Before Cam, I had to hear about Matt Ryan and then Josh Freeman. Consider me not impressed. Pass........

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 02:03 PM
I won't equate Cam to Matt Ryan since I don't think that's fair. Matt Ryan, as much as he'd like to think otherwise when he's audibling every other play, and even though he actually took them to the playoffs as a rookie, had success as a game manager his rookie year in an offense that ran 55% of the time and with Roddy White who got 1200 yards the year before with dogshit at QB.

Steve Smith looked dead before Newton came along and in Newton's rookie season they only ran 44% (and after you take away Newton's running plays, they only "ran" it 31% of the time). Newton's basically was Carolina's offense last year, not so much with Ryan his rookie year.

Trill Clinton
04-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Can the kid handle the spotlight? Once on top will he be as hungry?

Obviously he has all the physical tools to be great down the road, I do have to question the commitment/dedication/want/need as a multi millionaire.

I don't like to see these young guys in commercials and hawking this and that. I have a theory....

go on.....