PDA

View Full Version : Tiago Splitter is in the starting lineup!

Uriel
04-17-2012, 09:38 PM
:wow

MmP
04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
toast:
i hope he can handle and not get in foul trouble early

jesterbobman
04-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Praise the Lord!

I Heart Ginobili
04-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Omg omg omg omg omg its really happening!!!!!!!!

wut
complete shock.

Spurtacus
I can't believe it. With Duncan too. Wow.

TJastal
I just fell in love w/ Pop

vma16
04-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Tears of joy ! it is happening

Danny.Zhu
04-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Come on......

Man In Black
04-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Ha! Told ya whiney hitches that Pop has a plan. He just CIA'd y'all.

thOOdee
04-17-2012, 10:03 PM
way to go guys, we did it!

SA210
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
I just fell in love w/ Pop

Let's hope he stays with it

will_spurs
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Too late, but still better now than after 2 straight losses in the playoffs...

TJastal
04-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Didn't work out too well. I think Splitter was nervous as hell, not to mention he was in an unfamiliar position.

Still applaud the move, if nothing else it will boost his confidence.

shorttotry
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Holy shit!

Man In Black
04-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Then why didn't he do this last year against Memmy?

Bitch.

Ahhh...GNSF. Because Tiago spent too much time recovering from his calf injury to learn the O properly...Bitch! Recognize the OG designation.

thOOdee
04-17-2012, 10:07 PM
splitter back in!..he needs this

T Park
04-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Damn the pop haters are pissed now....

SA210
04-17-2012, 10:10 PM

shut up idiot

SA210
04-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Didn't work out too well. I think Splitter was nervous as hell, not to mention he was in an unfamiliar position.

Still applaud the move, if nothing else it will boost his confidence.

It's cool, he needs it anyway, might as well now than waiting till the playoffs

Rummpd
04-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Pop played it cool and even though Bynum has 12 points Spurs right there after a slow start at end of the 1st.

thOOdee
04-17-2012, 10:19 PM
i honestly like the tim splitter bonner combo.....maybe throw in a lil diaw.

Man In Black
04-17-2012, 10:20 PM
:bangWorld Peace poking Tim in the eye...accidentally. Yeah.:bang

Spurs Brazil
04-17-2012, 10:48 PM
And no Blair. Great job Pop :tu

Quasar
04-17-2012, 10:51 PM
+1

Pop should pick & roll Bynum and Pau to death using Manu/Tony X Splitter

Legacy
04-17-2012, 10:58 PM
I saw it! I actually saw it! :wow

Will they be back together? At all? Now what ... :depressed

TheSkeptic
04-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Great job by Pop in my opinion.

smaka
04-17-2012, 11:05 PM
couldn't believe my eyes aww I thought I was still sleepy xD.

Uriel
04-18-2012, 12:15 AM
I wonder if Pop will keep the Splitter - Duncan lineup moving forward, or if he'll go back to Blair. If it's the latter, I certainly think we'll see a whole lot more Splitter and a whole lot less Blair should the two teams meet in the playoffs.

Mel_13
04-18-2012, 12:19 AM
I wonder if Pop will keep the Splitter - Duncan lineup moving forward, or if he'll go back to Blair. If it's the latter, I certainly think we'll see a whole lot more Splitter and a whole lot less Blair should the two teams meet in the playoffs.

Diaw has to replace Blair in the starting line-up. Blair should only play in garbage time.

z0sa
04-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Splitter still only plays 18 minutes but no Blair is a definite plus.

Mugen
04-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Diaw has to replace Blair in the starting line-up. Blair should only play in garbage time.

+10000

Like i said, i dont care if Tiago starts but there is no way that Blair should be starting.

I hope this was a real eye opener for Pop tonight.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I saw no indication that Tiago is any better against the Laker front line than Blair is. Bynum shit all over him , and he didn't slow Gasol at all either. The W had little to do with this and everything to do with Parker shitting on their entire back court.

DesignatedT
04-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Blair is a good 5th big to have around for games like tomorrow where Duncan won't play. Blair can step in and do his impressive double double vs a shitty team.

But Diaw absolutely needs to start with Splitter-Bonner being the 2nd team. It just makes too much sense. Leave Manu on the bench as well.

DesignatedT
04-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Tony
Green
Leonard
Diaw
Duncan

Neal
Manu
Jax
Bonner
Splitter.

That's it right there.

Man In Black
04-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Again....Pop counts on hit team's ability to attack from the Point and the Wings over the LAL's over-reliance on their Bigs. When they do that, the Spurs can win that series. Last 2 games is proof-positive that if TP and the wings attack, they have an advantage even if Bean plays. For the Bynum issue, whatever the case may be, Pop will run whatever lineup he thinks is best. It's like what he used to do with Bruce. It mattered not if Bean scored 35 if he took like 30-35 shots to get that 35. For Bynum, who cares if he gets 25 and 10 if he has to be a ball hog to do it, plus with Bean's ballhog ways, it makes the LAL so predictable. I can say that Splitter does a better job of engaging the LA bigs than Blair. If Blair can properly harness that energy, then he'd be more of an asset, but he hasn't yet figured it out against tall lineups. He could play but the matchup doesn't favor him at all until he figures it out.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Tony
Green
Leonard
Diaw
Duncan

Neal
Manu
Jax
Bonner
Splitter.

That's it right there.

Hope so

silverblk mystix
04-18-2012, 12:51 AM

You stupid fuck...this is what the so-called pop haters were asking for...Tiago & Timmy together....

look at the results you dumbfuck....

Pop is finally seeing what we already knew....

instead of the spurs falling behind by 15 early and having to climb out of a hole....the spurs can compete from the start...

Now Pop isn't as much of an idiot anymore....

you are welcome.

elbamba
04-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Pop made the right call. Though Tim and Splitter did not quite gel, the one thing the combo did was keep LA off of the offensive boards. In the last LA game, they got so many offensive rebounds in the first quarter the game was over 10 minutes in.

I don't mind Blair starting against other teams, but when the Spurs play big teams the Spurs need to use Splitter and Diaw like they did tonight.

spectator
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
can't really say that inserting tiago in the starting lineup worked well. he got 3 fouls in 11 minutes in the 1st half. fanatics may argue bs calls, but as a player, you have to adjust to how the game is being controlled by the officials, and that comes with experience.

i did like tiago's defense on pau in certain moments; also, tonight we saw more proof that tim is our only quality big man - but that is nothing new here.

Mel_13
04-18-2012, 01:00 AM
instead of the spurs falling behind by 15 early

In the last LA game, they got so many offensive rebounds in the first quarter the game was over 10 minutes in.

Spurs trailed by 2 points after the first 10 minutes last week.

NASpurs
04-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Pop had the best excuse to play Splitter tonight without fucking Blair's confidence. 2nd game of a b2b2b, rest Blair today and give him all the minutes he can handle tomorrow against a crappy Kings team, rest Duncan tomorrow, etc. Pop just being CIA.

I think Bonner played the best out of Splitter and Diaw though... don't know if that's good or not. :lol

TheSkeptic
04-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Pop made the right call. Though Tim and Splitter did not quite gel, the one thing the combo did was keep LA off of the offensive boards. In the last LA game, they got so many offensive rebounds in the first quarter the game was over 10 minutes in.

I don't mind Blair starting against other teams, but when the Spurs play big teams the Spurs need to use Splitter and Diaw like they did tonight.

This was more or less what I was expecting. Tim and Splitter are not a perfect fit and would definitely need more time to gel but I actually thought the offense wasn't nearly the disaster I was expecting it to be. The fact that the defense was so much better even with Tiago having a bad game is definitely enough to get me excited about the possibilities...

I mind Blair starting period. He's a high level bench player and he needs to be thinking more Malik Rose. Unless he's upset about not playing in which case he can just not play...

can't really say that inserting tiago in the starting lineup worked well. he got 3 fouls in 11 minutes in the 1st half. fanatics may argue bs calls, but as a player, you have to adjust to how the game is being controlled by the officials, and that comes with experience.

i did like tiago's defense on pau in certain moments; also, tonight we saw more proof that tim is our only quality big man - but that is nothing new here.

Why would you decide to evaluate talent on the basis of one game when you've got a whole season to judge by?:rolleyes

TheSkeptic
04-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Spurs trailed by 2 points after the first 10 minutes last week.

:lol Really? Must be just impressions tbh. I thought last week's game was over in about the 1st quarter after I saw how their frontcourt played.

Mel_13
04-18-2012, 01:07 AM
:lol Really? Must be just impressions tbh. I thought last week's game was over in about the 1st quarter after I saw how their frontcourt played.

And it was only a 4 point game at the half.

Splits
04-18-2012, 01:23 AM
You stupid fuck...this is what the so-called pop haters were asking for...Tiago & Timmy together....

instead of the spurs falling behind by 15 early and having to climb out of a hole....the spurs can compete from the start...

you are welcome.

Wow, the sheer incoherence and hatred that comes out of this chicks mouth is astounding. How anyone can take anything she says seriously is befuddling.

Does this drivel make sense to anyone besides TJerkoff? I don't get it.

SenorSpur
04-18-2012, 01:25 AM
For this matchup and any future matchup with teams like Fakers and Grizzlies, this is the only way to go.

Great job by Pop!

Finally!

T Park
04-18-2012, 01:30 AM

you are welcome.

You mad?

Not good for your health there sunshine.

T Park
04-18-2012, 01:31 AM
And it was only a 4 point game at the half.

Pfftt Details

DAF86
04-18-2012, 01:34 AM
You mad?

It's easy to get mad at such stupid arguments of a guy we now is not trolling.

DAF86
04-18-2012, 01:38 AM
This is the ultimate "X shitting on SpursTalk" moment, imho. So:

Pop taking a shit all over SpursTalk.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Wow, the sheer incoherence and hatred that comes out of this chicks mouth is astounding. How anyone can take anything she says seriously is befuddling.

Does this drivel make sense to anyone besides TJerkoff? I don't get it.

No.

jjktkk
04-18-2012, 01:51 AM
+10000

Like i said, i dont care if Tiago starts but there is no way that Blair should be starting.

I hope this was a real eye opener for Pop tonight.

It could be Pop was making sure Diaw was ready for an increased role, like replacing Blair in the starting lineup.

jjktkk
04-18-2012, 01:54 AM

you are welcome.

Pretty cranky. Did you run out of bon bons, or something?

SA210
04-18-2012, 01:55 AM
You mad?

Neither is your weight

Splits
04-18-2012, 01:57 AM
For the record, and before timvp releases his grades, I thought Splitter was above average tonight, given the position he was put in. First start of the season with Tim, against a team that absolutely destroyed us a few days ago in our own building... he didn't have the greatest first stint, but when Pop put him back in there after a quick breather, he was a mad dog, hustling for everything, making a difference, and basically being a junkyard bulldog. I don't really care about his FT misses, his D was pretty good and he logged solid minutes.

SA210
04-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Splitter did good considering the sudden change. I'm for Splitter starting, but I'll settle for Diaw if Pop can keep up the job he did tonight. This is all I have been asking is for Pop to be aggressive defensively and to use the right lineups, which he hasn't for some time now until tonight. It's great progress, let's hope it continues.

What I especially like was the hustle of all players for lose balls. Tim Duncan was getting bitch slapped in the 1st quarter, and I guess that motivated him bc after that he came out hustling, deflecting and just beasting. I know Tim can do that, I think sometimes he doesn't give enough effort like that against these bigs.

Tonight gives some great hope.

angelbelow
04-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Starting Splitter was a really odd decision, and quite frankly, a risky one. They haven't had much playing time together and the statistics show that they struggle when paired up together. So why risk such an unpolished frontcourt in one of the most important games of the season? No surprise to see that it failed to work out in the first 6 minutes.

T Park
04-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Neither is your weight

Personal attacks are cute but stay on topic would ya?

Thanks.

therealtruth
04-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Starting Splitter was a really odd decision, and quite frankly, a risky one. They haven't had much playing time together and the statistics show that they struggle when paired up together. So why risk such an unpolished frontcourt in one of the most important games of the season? No surprise to see that it failed to work out in the first 6 minutes.

How do they get better if they never play together?

angelbelow
04-18-2012, 03:40 AM
How do they get better if they never play together?

That's why I thought it was risky for this particular game. The two have barely played together this season, why try it as the starting lineup? Don't get me wrong though, the risk is small when it comes to the big picture.

SA210
04-18-2012, 04:07 AM
Personal attacks are cute but stay on topic would ya?

Thanks.

Just giving ya a bit of your own medicine. You're welcome :tu

SA210
04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Splitter ran Bynum off the floor in the 1st quarter. Yes, Bynum had a pretty good 1st quarter, but Bynum was gassed for the rest of the game. Bynum had 13 pts and 3rbs in the 1st quarter. Had 8 points and 4rbs the remaining 3 quarters of play (20 minutes of play).

I think Pop told Splitter not stop running up the floor full speed and setting picks every time down and make Bynum work on the defensive end, which he had to. After the 1st quarter, Bynum was a non factor guarding the paint area pretty much because he was spent. Splitter looked tired after the 1st quarter as well but he did his job.

Smart move by Pop to use Splitter athleticism to counter Bynum's physical play. It worked to perfection last night so much that even Diaw was able to contain Bynum the rest of the game.

I'm hoping Pop saw this, because Splitter didn't start the 2nd half. Diaw did great, but I'd really like Splitter starting. He just needs more time with Duncan.

therealtruth
04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm hoping Pop saw this, because Splitter didn't start the 2nd half. Diaw did great, but I'd really like Splitter starting. He just needs more time with Duncan.

Didn't Splitter have 3 fouls? Anyway it looks like Pop's preemptively moving Blair out of the rotation before the playoffs. I think everyone agrees he does not deserve to be the starter except to soak minutes and there just is no room for him off the bench.

SA210
04-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Didn't Splitter have 3 fouls? Anyway it looks like Pop's preemptively moving Blair out of the rotation before the playoffs. I think everyone agrees he does not deserve to be the starter except to soak minutes and there just is no room for him off the bench.

Those were some bs fouls considering Bynum was just allowed to throw his arm into people.

TJastal
04-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I saw no indication that Tiago is any better against the Laker front line than Blair is. Bynum shit all over him , and he didn't slow Gasol at all either. The W had little to do with this and everything to do with Parker shitting on their entire back court.

Huh?

Obstructed_View
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM

Actually the "pop haters" are completely vindicated now. When it comes right down to it and Pop needs a win most, he does exactly what they've been suggesting all along.

silverblk mystix
04-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Actually the "pop haters" are completely vindicated now. When it comes right down to it and Pop needs a win most, he does exactly what they've been suggesting all along.

...I'm not the kind of guy that would say "I told you so"....

...but....

SA210
04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
:lol so called Pop "haters" wanted a Bigs change, and Pop finally did it. Glad to see others are on board now.

Danny.Zhu
04-18-2012, 09:48 AM
I want to see more.

Splits
04-18-2012, 09:54 AM

Changing the starting lineup and putting Diaw in to start the 2nd half?

:wakeup

Legacy
04-18-2012, 09:56 AM
I want to see more.

WORD!

"Pop Haters" Unite. We are BAD! BAD! BAD PEOPLE! How could we even conceive of such a thing??? Beats the shit outta' me! :rolleyes

silverblk mystix
04-18-2012, 09:56 AM

If you had any balls or dignity you would just STFU and admit that you were wrong....

Legacy
04-18-2012, 10:00 AM

Oy. Come on now. You know exactly what people are talking about. *TSK*

Legacy
04-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Some people need to read thread titles OR drink more coffee before they post. Smartasses all.the.time. Just. Ugghhh...

Seventyniner
04-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Agreed about not using Blair against the Lakers, and the Lakers did have 7 offensive rebounds in the 1st quarter last Wednesday. However, the score at the end of the first was 24-21 Lakers; the game wasn't nearly over.

rmt
04-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Pop had the best excuse to play Splitter tonight without fucking Blair's confidence. 2nd game of a b2b2b, rest Blair today and give him all the minutes he can handle tomorrow against a crappy Kings team, rest Duncan tomorrow, etc. Pop just being CIA.

Don't see why Pop should care one hoot about Blair's confidence since he hasn't about Splitter's - leaving him on the bench for pretty much 2 years. On almost any other team, Splitter would be starting and/or playing 30 mins. Only because he's Pop that he gets away with playing an undersized, 6'7" center who sucks at what was once his calling card (rebounding). I cringe everytime he throws up one of his circus shots. That junk ain't going to work come playoff time so bench him as soon as the regular season is over.

TJastal
04-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Don't see why Pop should care one hoot about Blair's confidence since he hasn't about Splitter's - leaving him on the bench for pretty much 2 years. On almost any other team, Splitter would be starting and/or playing 30 mins. Only because he's Pop that he gets away with playing an undersized, 6'7" center who sucks at what was once his calling card (rebounding). I cringe everytime he throws up one of his circus shots. That junk ain't going to work come playoff time so bench him as soon as the regular season is over.

It's pathetic what a waste of time and energy it was to invest that much PT (starter for over 2+ years) into a player whose important attributes are all falling steadily and the only thing increasing is his waist size.

All that effort into a player that won't hardly even play the rest of this year (unless Pop flies over the cuckoo's nest) and most likely won't even be on the team next year. :ihit

All that development time that could have been going to Tiago instead got sucked into a black hole faster than a whataburger getting sucked into Blair's stomach. :ihit