PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to Laker Fans...

Dunc n Dave
04-17-2012, 11:43 PM
I want to apologize to all the knowledgeable Laker fans like Venti , pass1st, and killakobe (not the bandwagoners like luva and Kool)...

I don't know what came over me for EVER considering the Lakers might be a better team without Kobe on the floor. For all the crisp ball movement, posting and reposting of Bynum/Gasol, and shot distribution that has gone on the last 5 games for L.A., the Lakers without Kobe just got exposed tonight.

When things started going wrong with all the turnovers and the Spurs took advanatge of Bynum's refusal to come out and guard the pick-n-roll, no one on the floor had the balls to rally the troops and get on their asses. Bynum tried his best to imitate Kobe offensively at the expense of his teammates, but he put forth ZERO effort on defense.

Kobe would've led on both sides of the court and would have been all over that ass for Bynum's lack of defensive focus. Bynum was more concerned with winning the personal scoring duel with Duncan than he was with helping his teammates. And in the process Tony Parker went apeshit on the Laker guards.

Bottom Line: The Lakers need Kobe back PRONTO to get them playing defense again. The nice run they had is over.

One good ass kickin deserves another!:toast

William Hung
04-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Fisher got traded for dregs, the rest was history in La la land :lol

pass1st
04-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Kobe probably would have let Bynum work with a little more freedom, but unless Kobe had a hot game this one would be hard to win.

Dunc n Dave
04-18-2012, 12:04 AM
The rest of the league should take notice: Put Bynum in as many high pick-n-rolls as possible, and enjoy the offensive feast...

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Both teams played hard.

pass1st
04-18-2012, 12:06 AM
BrOH-KHxXg0

DMC
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Lakers are better without Kobe on the floor. You don't overrule a 5 game sample with 1 game. They moved the ball, but the Spurs were unstoppable (TP mostly).

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Lakers are better without Kobe on the floor. You don't overrule a 5 game sample with 1 game. They moved the ball, but the Spurs were unstoppable (TP mostly).

Just good old fashion fun for 'em without Kobe. It's just a game then.

tee, hee.

IWantsACuatro
04-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Lakers justifying Kobe as the GOAT by sitting out one game that the Lakers lost.

TypiCAL.

wanggi
04-18-2012, 01:13 AM
I want to apologize to all the knowledgeable Laker fans like Venti , pass1st, and killakobe (not the bandwagoners like luva and Kool)...

I don't know what came over me for EVER considering the Lakers might be a better team without Kobe on the floor. For all the crisp ball movement, posting and reposting of Bynum/Gasol, and shot distribution that has gone on the last 5 games for L.A., the Lakers without Kobe just got exposed tonight.

When things started going wrong with all the turnovers and the Spurs took advanatge of Bynum's refusal to come out and guard the pick-n-roll, no one on the floor had the balls to rally the troops and get on their asses. Bynum tried his best to imitate Kobe offensively at the expense of his teammates, but he put forth ZERO effort on defense.

Kobe would've led on both sides of the court and would have been all over that ass for Bynum's lack of defensive focus. Bynum was more concerned with winning the personal scoring duel with Duncan than he was with helping his teammates. And in the process Tony Parker went apeshit on the Laker guards.

Bottom Line: The Lakers need Kobe back PRONTO to get them playing defense again. The nice run they had is over.

One good ass kickin deserves another!:toast

How do you know that the Lakers with Kobe would win the game?
How about that the Lakers with Kobe would lose more points?
Your theory couldn't be sustained.

NRHector
04-18-2012, 02:33 AM
expect Kobe to get better by devine intervention and play the next game

Killakobe81
04-18-2012, 07:40 AM

:wakeup

DMC with the baketball bads ...

Killakobe81
04-18-2012, 07:41 AM
How do you know that the Lakers with Kobe would win the game?
How about that the Lakers with Kobe would lose more points?
Your theory couldn't be sustained.

Wanngi with the basketball "dumbs"

wanggi
04-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Wanngi with the basketball "dumbs"
"Wanngi"
At least I'm sure that Killakobe81 with name spelling "dumb".:lol

jmill
04-18-2012, 07:58 AM

Their point differential without Kobe is -2.5 this year
Their point differential with Kobe is +2.3 this year

Bynum is a career 56% shooter
Bynum is shooting 42% without Kobe the last 6 games

DMC
04-18-2012, 10:47 AM
:wakeup

DMC with the baketball bads ...
Kobe said they were better. Also, use spell check, homo. :toast

DMC
04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Their point differential without Kobe is -2.5 this year
Their point differential with Kobe is +2.3 this year

Bynum is a career 56% shooter
Bynum is shooting 42% without Kobe the last 6 games

Cherry picking stats. :lol

Considering the shooting percentage of a non-shooting center. :lol

Kobe apologist :lol

Even ESPN has articles on how they are better without Kobe :lol

jmill
04-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Cherry picking stats. :lol

Considering the shooting percentage of a non-shooting center. :lol

Kobe apologist :lol

Even ESPN has articles on how they are better without Kobe :lol

There's no cherry picking. They've played 6 games without Kobe. Cherry picking would be if I took 1 game, instead of all of them.

Without him, they have a point differential of -2.5
With him, they have a point differential of +2.3

Bynum's FG % is a very relevant point. He's normally incredibly efficient with regards to his FG %. Wihout Kobe, he's been significantly worse, and inefficient offensively. While it makes for a better narrative for people who don't like Kobe to say that LA is better without him, the reality is that Kobe creates easier shots for someone like Bynum because of the attention he gets from opposing defenses. Even with his faults, this is still true.

And I'm more of a realist than an apologist. I think Kobe is very clearly past his prime, and not good enough to take as many shots as he does per game right now. I think he's also still very good for someone in his 16th year in the league.. I think the Spurs are better than the Lakers. I think Popovich is the best coach in the league. Sorry to disappoint.

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Kobe probably would have let Bynum work with a little more freedom, but unless Kobe had a hot game this one would be hard to win.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about

pass1st
04-18-2012, 12:37 PM
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about

Kobe draws doubles and leaves Bynum open to play 1vs1, hard for your chimp sized brain to understand ?

ElNono
04-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Kobe draws doubles and leaves Bynum open to play 1vs1, hard for your chimp sized brain to understand ?

Don't forget he doesn't watch the Lakers... just fronts them...

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2012, 01:11 PM

Umm...we can play this game if you like...I've always pegged you as a real dumb ass anyway so here's your chance to prove me wrong.

Your analysis is so yesteryear....most great wing players will draw a double but so does most great big men such as Bynum. In fact nowadays Bynum draws more doubles than Kobe so it works both ways. But even if Kobe is doubled on the perimeter its not Bynum thats going to be left to play 1v1 it will be either Gasol or NWP. The rotations will always leave the weakest link open if the opponent is saavy defensively. Albeit this doesn't happen all the time its the way its supposed to work.

But you're focused on offense only...if Kobe is in the game it changes the Laker defensive mindset....we lost the game on the defensive end not because of Bynums lack of chances to play 1 on 1...ok dumbshit. :rollin

Killakobe81
04-18-2012, 01:33 PM
There's no cherry picking. They've played 6 games without Kobe. Cherry picking would be if I took 1 game, instead of all of them.

Without him, they have a point differential of -2.5
With him, they have a point differential of +2.3

Bynum's FG % is a very relevant point. He's normally incredibly efficient with regards to his FG %. Wihout Kobe, he's been significantly worse, and inefficient offensively. While it makes for a better narrative for people who don't like Kobe to say that LA is better without him, the reality is that Kobe creates easier shots for someone like Bynum because of the attention he gets from opposing defenses. Even with his faults, this is still true.

And I'm more of a realist than an apologist. I think Kobe is very clearly past his prime, and not good enough to take as many shots as he does per game right now. I think he's also still very good for someone in his 16th year in the league.. I think the Spurs are better than the Lakers. I think Popovich is the best coach in the league. Sorry to disappoint.

Great post, agree with 98% of this ... inlcuding Kobe is shooting a bit too muc

pass1st
04-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Umm...we can play this game if you like...I've always pegged you as a real dumb ass anyway so here's your chance to prove me wrong.

Your analysis is so yesteryear....most great wing players will draw a double but so does most great big men such as Bynum. In fact nowadays Bynum draws more doubles than Kobe so it works both ways. But even if Kobe is doubled on the perimeter its not Bynum thats going to be left to play 1v1 it will be either Gasol or NWP. The rotations will always leave the weakest link open if the opponent is saavy defensively. Albeit this doesn't happen all the time its the way its supposed to work.

But you're focused on offense only...if Kobe is in the game it changes the Laker defensive mindset....we lost the game on the defensive end not because of Bynums lack of chances to play 1 on 1...ok dumbshit. :rollin

Kobe + Bynum both drawing doubles = 1 player left to guard 3 people. Your math is a little failing. No team is stupid enough to double two people at the same time, even in the Kobe + Shaq era it was one or the other that was getting doubled.

Bynum didn't get his tip ins, offensive rebounds; Spurs put length and size inwards [go ahead, make a joke] which affected our rebounding and they didn't get punished for it by our parameter players. With Kobe on the floor, they wouldn't focus their defense around the paint as much because Kobe will be taking his jumpers.

pass1st
04-18-2012, 02:04 PM
+ also, you didn't even watch the game.

BUMP
04-18-2012, 02:22 PM
:lol at anyone who seriously thought the Lakers were better without Kobe.

Stuff like this always comes up everytime a superstar goes down with the injury

Dunc n Dave
04-18-2012, 02:56 PM
:lol at anyone who seriously thought the Lakers were better without Kobe.

Stuff like this always comes up everytime a superstar goes down with the injury

Only when shot happy superstars go down....

No one claimed the Spurs were a better team w/out Duncan when he missed the playoffs in 2000. The Admiral did his best to keep the Spurs afloat, but they couldn't beat the Kidd-led Suns.

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2012, 03:00 PM
+ also, you didn't even watch the game.

I saw what I needed to see... Fact is Kobe is rarely doubled throughout the course of the game. Its mostly crunch time when he gets the double. Negating your double team arguement. Further to doubling you don't have to double in the purest sense its really all about how you effectively rotate....

Like I said you don't know what the fuck is going on...unless you hear Kenny Smith give his assessment. :lol

pass1st
04-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I saw what I needed to see... Fact is Kobe is rarely doubled throughout the course of the game. Its mostly crunch time when he gets the double. Negating your double team arguement. Further to doubling you don't have to double in the purest sense its really all about how you effectively rotate....

Like I said you don't know what the fuck is going on...unless you hear Kenny Smith give his assessment. :lol

He's doubled often in the 3rd and 4th, primarily when he's playing ISO which he likes to do a lot. I watch the games even when LAL is down, you probably just tune in the 4th quarter IF and only IF Lakers are up because you're shitscared LAL would lose. Nothing but a frontrunner that doesn't know the team, go back and tell us how baron davis will save the team.

Let's not forget about your lack of math skills, two double teams leave 1 person to guard 3 people. Work that one out, coco.

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2012, 05:04 PM
He's doubled often in the 3rd and 4th, primarily when he's playing ISO which he likes to do a lot. I watch the games even when LAL is down, you probably just tune in the 4th quarter IF and only IF Lakers are up because you're shitscared LAL would lose. Nothing but a frontrunner that doesn't know the team, go back and tell us how baron davis will save the team.

Let's not forget about your lack of math skills, two double teams leave 1 person to guard 3 people. Work that one out, coco.

asked and answered go back and learn to read...

Listen fortunately for me I've graduated from the in's and out's of the daily grind...there are young fans here that can argue points for me and if I don't think they're holding it down true Laka Nation style then I will add my 99 cents..I'm all about the end result being what I think it should be...call me an aristocrat...but even on my bad day I outshine you with knowledge of the game.

I'm grandfathered in...I grew up with Kobe and Fish - I know everything about everything...that's it and that's all...

pass1st
04-18-2012, 05:39 PM
asked and answered go back and learn to read...

Listen fortunately for me I've graduated from the in's and out's of the daily grind...there are young fans here that can argue points for me and if I don't think they're holding it down true Laka Nation style then I will add my 99 cents..I'm all about the end result being what I think it should be...call me an aristocrat...but even on my bad day I outshine you with knowledge of the game.

I'm grandfathered in...I grew up with Kobe and Fish - I know everything about everything...that's it and that's all...

You didn't and now you're just spewing random shit. You still haven't explained why a team would cast doubles on two players at the same time and leave 1 person to guard the other 3.

You're basically a leech and a frontrunner. You have little in the ways of basketball knowledge to contribute and you are more a kobe fan than a Laker fan.

You try and front that everybody hates you because they are jealous or something and make the claim that you're some sort of bigshot and part of the Laker organization on a professional level :lol.

The idea is to be hated, but respected. You're hated and disrespected on a constant basis. It's simply because you are a dishonest moron and a shitty fan.

Go on, tell us how Baron Davis will save the Lakers :lmao

Goran Dragic
04-18-2012, 05:42 PM
No one claimed the Spurs were a better team w/out Duncan when he missed the playoffs in 2000. The Admiral did his best to keep the Spurs afloat, but they couldn't beat the Kidd-led Suns.
:lol Jason Kidd was injured for 3 of the 4 games in that series, were you a Spurs fan back then?

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 06:03 PM
:lol Jason Kidd was injured

Only pussies & asshole play the injury card.

Bill_Brasky
04-18-2012, 06:07 PM

Was he really playing the injury card though, or pointing out that Dunc is retarded for saying "Kidd-led Suns" when Kidd wasn't even playing?

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-18-2012, 06:09 PM
:lmao are you retarded? The Suns won the series. All I was doing was pointing out that Dunc pretends to know everything but can't tell his shit from his oatmeal.

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 06:12 PM
:lmao are you retarded? The Suns won the series. All I was doing was pointing out that Dunc pretends to know everything but can't tell his shit from his oatmeal.

You're O & 43!!!

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Was he really playing the injury card though, or pointing out that Dunc is retarded for saying "Kidd-led Suns" when Kidd wasn't even playing?

He was playing the injury card. I won't have it.

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2012, 06:25 PM

ohh god you're hopeless...if that's your fundamental understanding of the double teams argument then let it stand :toast :lol

pass1st
04-18-2012, 08:35 PM
ohh god you're hopeless...if that's your fundamental understanding of the double teams argument then let it stand :toast :lol

Again, this is when watching the game actually comes in handy. Bynum was straight up doubled and Kobe is doubled when he plays ISO most of the time these days. You double both, 1 player is left to defend 3 :lmao

At any rate, you don't seem to understand what a "double" is in the context of the recent game. Why don't you go watch the kind of D Spurs played on Bynum & crew, come back with a valid argument later, coco. :toast

+perhaps you and all your "b:lolsketball kn:lolwledge' forgot what a double team actually is? Should we break out NBA book and look it up? :rollin

Dunc n Dave
04-18-2012, 10:42 PM

The irony of that statement coming from an arrogant ass like yourself.

Pot, meet kettle!

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
The irony of that statement coming from an arrogant ass like yourself.

Pot, meet kettle!
:lol this after your comment about the "Kidd-led Suns" that beat the 2000 Spurs

Dunc n Dave
04-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Blank statements + certainty/faggotry X false information integrated from 0 to shitty opinions = douchebag status

Keep hidin behind your trolls to up your internet cred...:wakeup