PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will still win title but now we gotta hear the trash talk for 2 days!!!

nkdlunch
06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
It's gonna suck to hear all the trash talking from the Pistons, (back against the wall, blah,blah and from the damn analysts) FUCK!!!

mrcoon29
06-21-2005, 10:54 PM
I couldn't agree more with your thread title.
Booya!! Spurs in 7!! :spin

Leetonidas
06-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Their backs ain't against the wall no more, what defense do they have to themselves winning game 7?

Tom_Foolery
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't know.

The Pistons are feeling very mighty with a ton of confidence while the Spurs are shocked.

Kinda like how we choked last year.

Lack of depth at PG position really hurt the Spurs this series.

When will Parker mature, I don't know.

Pop can't be yelling at Parker every year. Sooner or later Parker's got to grow up and play smart.

Right now, I'd rather have Jason Kidd on the Spurs.

Jason Kidd would have more heart and play with much more passion than Parker right now.

Dirty_Sanchez
06-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Breaking News: Parade Cancelled.

Sincerely,

Lefty Gomez

mrcoon29
06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Breaking News: Parade Cancelled.

Sincerely,

Lefty Gomez
dude..chill..the parade is Saturday. :spin Be sure to get there early to get a good seat.

Horry For 3!
06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
There wasn't really a parade Thursday.

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Only as much trash talk as the Piston fans on this board have taken in the past 2 days.

Great respect for you Spurs fans that have come out early after the win and did straight out congratulations to the Pistons. I did the same after game 5 for you guys. Respect x 100.

That being said, I think a lesson's been learned on both sides.

Series is *NOT* over. Pistons can say that they broke the 'losing' streak, broke the 'home court advantage', or whatever.. but we haven't won shit yet.

Game 7.

Oh my god.

Spurswillchoke_yet_again
cough , cough ,

combs84
Better reschedule that parade for next year boys, it ain't happening this year. To much heart in this Pistons team.

nkdlunch
06-21-2005, 11:05 PM
We don't have the best PF in the league anymore. That's why we lost. I don't know where he went.

ALVAREZ6
I'm not so sure about the "Spurs still will win title" part.

We have lost 3 out of the last 4 games, and our 1 win was a win determined by one 3 pointer.

Sorry guys, my heart is with the Spurs, but I think Detroit is going to win.

nkdlunch
I'm not so sure about the "Spurs still will win title" part.

We have lost 4 out of the last 3 games, and our 1 win was a win determined by one 3 pointer.

Sorry guys, my heart is with the Spurs, but I think Detroit is going to win.

YOu tooo???!!!!!! damn.

GrandeDavid
06-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Guys, the Pistons may simply be better, scary as that sounds. You know they'll show up in Game 7. They are the defending champs, its not like they are just happy to make a great showing in the Finals. This will be a bitch of a game on Thursday and surely a classic. May the best team win!

mrcoon29
06-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Better reschedule that parade for next year boys, it ain't happening this year. To much heart in this Pistons team.
Seriously? Look, y'all have taken this game but I am just as sure as you are about your team as I am about my team. They will come out & click alot better. It will be the Spurs team from game 1 & 2 that will show up.
Guaranteed.

bdubya
06-21-2005, 11:10 PM
IMHO, y'all have heard the "back against the wall" story enough that it doesn't need repeating, but I am DAMN glad they backed it up.

Still....I definitely thought the Spurs played like they had a game to give, which has me a little nervous about Thursday. I don't doubt, but I do worry....wotta game, wotta game, wotta game.

mrcoon29
06-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Wow..look at the bandwaggoners. Sad. Ye of so little faith. Try thinking positively about your team..not rose-colored glasses but positivity.
I thought it would be Spurs in 6. I wanted Detroit not Miami. So..it's Spurs in 7. When the going gets tough don't bail!!

iflyabeech
06-21-2005, 11:12 PM
I couldn't agree more with your thread title.
Booya!! Spurs in 7!! :spin

Ditto!! GO SPURS GO!! in 7 Hell Yeah

nkdlunch
06-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Guys, the Pistons may simply be better, scary as that sounds.

I refuse to beleive that. Spurs HAVE to win. period.

geerussell
06-21-2005, 11:18 PM
All the streaks and stats are out the window now. Pistons can't win on the road, can't win a close game, can't beat a healthy opponent, can't break 90 points. No flukes, no gimmicks, no asterisks... just two great teams wrestling each other to dead even.

Of course I like the pistons in game 7, based on the experience edge in those situations but no matter who wins neither team really has anything left to prove, they're both great.

combs84
06-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Seriously? Look, y'all have taken this game but I am just as sure as you are about your team as I am about my team. They will come out & click alot better. It will be the Spurs team from game 1 & 2 that will show up.
Guaranteed.

I am not doubting that you guys will bring your A game, but we will simply match that with the A game that won us a title last year. Though these teams are both great and have showed the reasons why they are here, I just think us at our best is a bit better. I'm sure you feel the same way about your team though.

It will all come down to Thursday. I think we can all agree this is such a fuggin treat to us fans :fro . Wow. Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 07:42 AM
I am convinced that Detroit is a better team than the Spurs. They are a more solid team, and they score on every trip on offense.
The Spurs basically have 3 man players that our role players feed off of, but Detroit's offense is made up of 5 players. They have more consistent guards with Rip and Chauncy. Yeah, Tony and Manu are very good players, but they are consistent.

The difference in this series is Tony on Chauncy. We need to change that if we wanna win. Right from the get go, we CAN'T let chauncy get hot early, otherwise, he will do whatever the hell he wants the whole game.

SWC Bonfire
06-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Guys, the Pistons may simply be better, scary as that sounds. You know they'll show up in Game 7. They are the defending champs, its not like they are just happy to make a great showing in the Finals. This will be a bitch of a game on Thursday and surely a classic. May the best team win!

The "best" team doesn't always win game 7. If the spurs do what they need to do, they will be the ones with the heart of a champion.

NoMoneyDown
06-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Why don't we just confuse the hell outta Detroit and start Massenburg, Horry, Udrih, Brown, and Robinson.

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Why don't we just confuse the hell outta Detroit and start Massenburg, Horry, Udrih, Brown, and Robinson.

LOL!!

HULKAROCK
06-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Way to go Chauncey, Rip, Sheed, Tayshaun.
Resiliance. Pride. Stamina. Skill. Class.
Game 7 will be one last battle, but we're ready in Detroit.
Pump it up Detroit!

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Resiliance. Pride. Stamina. Skill. Class.

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

spur219
06-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Let me just say this. It took a real good shooting night from Chauncey,RIP,R.Wallace and even Prince to beat the Spurs tonight. And it was close. Do you think all 4 players will come out on fire again. I seriously doubt it. RIP will not play well in the next game and neither will R.Wallace. Spurs have this under control. The good thing is that Duncan,Manu,and Parker all had subpar games so they are bound to bounce back and play well in game 7.

spur219
06-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Oh and just for the record. I don't hear the analysts because after a Spurs loss I don't watch ESPN the whole next day until the Spurs play again.

Pistons_In_7
06-22-2005, 08:52 AM
spurs219 you are smoking,

both sheed and rip won't have a good game?

lol
i beg to differ.

one of the two maybe but not both of them.

my guess is that hamilton will have around 22 points and wallace around 18

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I don't wanna think about the game until tomorrow. But I cant stay away from this site.

I'm just hoping 2 consecutive 7 game series for Pistons starters, who have no backups anyway have to take it's toll.

spur219
06-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Ya I meant to say one of the two not both though. But 4 players had very good games last night. But only 2 will perform in game 7.