PDA

View Full Version : Best win of the year?

SenorSpur
04-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Coming into this game, everyone, including the Spurs, knew the storyline. The circumstances surrounding this game boiled down to two key points?

1. Kobe didn't play
2. Spurs didn't compete at all last week, while getting absolutely annihilated by the Fakers dominant inside presence and exceptional outside shooting.

All that said, and considering those aforementioned factors, does this latest win, and the strong fashion in which the Spurs got it, equal the best win of the year thus far?

Thoughts?

Splits
04-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Best win of the year is the last one we won. So yes.

A season can only be judged by the outcome of the last game.

Drive 4 five.

Believe

smaka
04-18-2012, 04:18 AM
I think it could candidate for the best win of the year, yes. Beating Fakers (though shorthanded, but as far as we've seen they might be even better Kobeless) on their home court for 21 points, awesome! Plus the whole team played good, team ball, and Blair was finally where he was supposed to be. :)

angelbelow
04-18-2012, 04:23 AM
In the words of Tim Duncan, because its here and now, I think this was the best win of the season.

100%duncan
04-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Doesn't matter. Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Legacy
04-18-2012, 06:15 AM
Saying that I'm new to this forum (but a long-time lurker), and witnessing all the travesty, drama, and melt-down madness when we actually lost a game to these pussy-poser Fakers (whom I've seen us beat on several occasions, as well as witnessing other teams who have done the same), the sheer irony of Kobe playing/not playing, etc, etc, ... and the fact that I laughed it all off and kept on believing--I would have to say that this was a most definite and amusing experience for me since I just recently started posting on ST immediately after the games... So yes... again, I found it utterly hilarious, and am glad I didn't jump on any bandwagons (not that that is my style anyway)... blah, blah, blah... So all blathering aside (:p:)-- It was definitely an AWESOME win, IMO. Best win of the year? Could very well be possible from my POV.

ETA: I'm tired as all fuck right now, but have no choice but to stay up to adjust my sleep-cycle for appointments and other BS coming up next week... so I sincerely apologize if my post is a little 'sloppy.' :sleep

jack sommerset
04-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Best win of the year is the last one we won. So yes.

A season can only be judged by the outcome of the last game.

Drive 4 five.

Believe

:lmao

God bless

pgardn
04-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Not even close.

Total speed mismatch. Imo a good win comes against quality playing well.

This thing just blew up. Its gotta be tougher imo. This was way too easy.

dunkman
04-18-2012, 07:39 AM
They are supposed to win the game against an team without theirs best player. It's worrying that the Spurs need an fantastic game from Parker and a very solid from Duncan to do that.

The Lakers are going to be very difficult opponent in the playoffs.

Fireball
04-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Spurs had some quality wins ... winning in Philadelphia (at that time they were hot), Boston and Oklahoma comes to my mind

tmtcsc
04-18-2012, 08:11 AM
I think the wins in Boston and OKC were more impressive. Beating the Lakers without Kobe should be expected. Even with the Lakers tall lineup.

Now, if we can just get the Spurs players to realize that they are the better team, we wouldn't have the mental letdowns against LA. It's maddening to watch.

On another note, Tony was on fire last night. Just like Bynum's freak game against us, I wouldn't put too much stock in it happening again. As we all know, Tony has games where he doesn't come to play. This has been his best year as a Spur and if he can play CONSISTENT good basketball in the playoffs, he can lead the Spurs deep in the title chase.

bus driver
04-18-2012, 08:16 AM
it is a good win for our spurs but not the best of the year

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2012, 08:30 AM
a win is a win

Sportcamper
04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
The reality is Andrew Goudelock had a head ache…Yea some victory….:depressed

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-andrew-goudelock-had-migraine-during-lakers-11291-loss-to-spurs-20120417,0,993365.story?track=rss

therealtruth
04-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Give Pop credit. He responded and made the adjustments.

z0sa
04-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Yes because Pop did what everyone has been asking him to and dispatched the Starting 5 Cheeseburger to the bench. Starting Splitter only makes that fact more sweet. If Pop can make the right rotations the Spurs will be a tough nut to crack come playoff time.