PDA

View Full Version : Smart move on Friday...

will_spurs
04-18-2012, 06:11 AM
... would be to rest the big 3.

It would:
- avoid any injuries, as guys like Blake and Bynum were already nervous tonight. Exposing them on national TV again would be begging for a flagrant, and possible injury, one week before the playoffs.
- send the message that the Spurs now see the Lakers are the mere thuggish rabble they are, and slight them by sending in the 2nd unit.
- in clear contradiction, this would insure the Lakers keep 3rd seed while not really affecting the Spurs seeding as we own the tiebreaker against OKC. Therefore getting closer to the ideal MEM-LAC then MEM/LAC-LAL matchups.

The "avoiding injuries" part is really the most important.

Legacy
04-18-2012, 06:30 AM
KISS-ASS! J/K. :p:

I agree, but if Manu gets to play, I definitely wouldn't be unhappy. It would have to be something HE wanted, though.

Please don't stab me to death for saying this, BTW, lol. I just want what he wants... but yes... want what is best for him at the same time (whatever it may be? Oy). It is quite frustrating for me, really because I love him so much as a player as well as a human-being. :king

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 06:55 AM
... would be to rest the big 3.

Chickenshits.

Horse
04-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah fuck resting let's win the tiebreaker and show them who's boss. Besides we can't screw our own fans.

Legacy
04-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Chickenshits.

Yeah. It sucks walking on eggshells, dude. I won't lie. :lol

pgardn
04-18-2012, 07:11 AM
This has totally become a matchup vs. perceived health and rest issue.

Cant we just go in healthy and playing well. I pick the later from above. We have limped into the playoffs far too many times imo and it has cost us.

will_spurs
04-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Yeah fuck resting let's win the tiebreaker and show them who's boss. Besides we can't screw our own fans.

The tiebreaker? The Spurs have already secured one of the top 2 seeds with last night victory. There is no tiebreaker. It's just a race between OKC and Spurs right now, and we own that tiebreaker.

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Yeah. It sucks walking on eggshells, dude. I won't lie. :lol

Not 12 hours old and you're already sittin' down.

Chickenshits.

Legacy
04-18-2012, 07:22 AM

Chickenshits.

Alrighty! I get it! But again... it's seriously not my decision to make, duder! :lmao

will_spurs
04-18-2012, 07:22 AM

Chickenshits.

We'll talk again when the Lakers are worthy of the Spurs bringing their best players to the game.

In the meanwhile you can go to Bynum and console him, he's over there in the corner pouting and feeling very very sad and angry at the same time :cry

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 07:25 AM
it's seriously not my decision to make, duder! :lmao

Again with chickenshit.

100%duncan
04-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Nope. We beat the shit out of them again. Period.

Legacy
Off with our heads! :rollin

Giuseppe
We'll talk again when the Lakers are worthy of the Spurs bringing their best players to the game.

I don't do injuries.

It's my religion.

We'll talk now. You're not 12 hours in and you're already figuring a way to insulate yourself at loss Friday.

It's pussy & assholish. It's chickenshit.

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Nope. We beat the shit out of them again. Period.

There. See this cocksucker ain't chickenshit.

tee, hee.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Uh, the big 3 will rest tonight. If you sit them Friday, they'll go from Tuesday to Sunday without playing. You don't want to lose your edge with the playoffs starting a week from Saturday. I have a feeling that Pop will do some resting during those 2 b2bs next week.

will_spurs
04-18-2012, 07:55 AM
I don't do injuries.

It's my religion.

Tell that to the guy who thinks he is a NBA player (with #5, Steve "The Human Traffic Cone" Blake) and to the really tall 15-year old who's still trying to figure out how hormones affect his emotions.

100%duncan
04-18-2012, 07:56 AM
There. See this cocksucker ain't chickenshit.

tee, hee.

Where's Katie?

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Where's Katie?

At wo*k.

Blake
04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Again with chickenshit.

He's a chicken shitter.

He shits chickens

Fabbs
04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
He's a chicken shitter.

He shits chickens
:lmao
Lets make this his mantra.

Giuseppe
04-18-2012, 10:58 AM
:lmao
Lets make this his mantra.

lmcontrollinao!!!

timvp
04-18-2012, 11:02 AM
If Friday was a back end or even a front end of a back-to-back, I would probably agree with resting the Big 3. But with a day off before and after the game, it would be really odd timing for Pop to rest 'em.

That said, if the Spurs win tonight and OKC loses against the Suns, I probably would tank the Lakers game just to keep them in the three seed. As good as the Spurs looked last night, the Lakers are still the last team in the West I want the Spurs to face.

Playing the winner of Clippers versus Grizzlies in the second round is MUCH preferred to playing the Lakers.

Blake
04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
That said, if the Spurs win tonight and OKC loses against the Suns, I probably would tank the Lakers game just to keep them in the three seed. As good as the Spurs looked last night, the Lakers are still the last team in the West I want the Spurs to face.

Phew, tough call. If the Spurs had a three game lead over OKC, it would be a no brainer to throw the Laker game, but they also have to be careful not to drop to #2...

..unless the Lakers drop to 4.....

Mel_13
04-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Phew, tough call. If the Spurs had a three game lead over OKC, it would be a no brainer to throw the Laker game, but they also have to be careful not to drop to #2...

..unless the Lakers drop to 4.....

A win tonight coupled with an OKC loss would give the Spurs the equivalent of a three game lead since they own the tiebreaker.

In that scenario, the Spurs would only need to win three of the final five games in order to clinch. They could tank the Laker game and still have an easy road to the #1 seed.

timvp
04-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Complicating things more is that the Spurs have a decent to good chance of wrapping up the No. 1 seed in the entire NBA if they win out. The Bulls could very easily lose to the Heat and at the Pacers, tbh.

Blake
04-18-2012, 11:25 AM
A win tonight coupled with an OKC loss would give the Spurs the equivalent of a three game lead since they own the tiebreaker.

In that scenario, the Spurs would only need to win three of the final five games in order to clinch. They could tank the Laker game and still have an easy road to the #1 seed.

Ah yeah. Forgot about the tie breaker....

How funny would it be if the Lakers also tried to tank to get the 4 seed to get the Spurs in the 2nd round.

Blake
04-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Complicating things more is that the Spurs have a decent to good chance of wrapping up the No. 1 seed in the entire NBA if they win out. The Bulls could very easily lose to the Heat and at the Pacers, tbh.

#1 overall is nice but I've never thought that 2-3-2 format in the finals gave much advantage to either team.

Bill_Brasky
04-18-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't do injuries.

It's my religion.

We'll talk now. You're not 12 hours in and you're already figuring a way to insulate yourself at loss Friday.

It's pussy & assholish. It's chickenshit.

& on the contrary, you're just making up excuses to get onto Spurfans if the Lakers lose. That way you can still have your "you didn't really believe in your team" or some bullshit.

You'll claim that "Spurfan did it" when really it's you misinterpreting GNSF.

I see right through you.

mercos
04-18-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't like the Spurs losing games to try and rig the playoff seeding to their advantage. I would rather them try to win every game and only rest players when it is necessary. The team is so deep they can play the starters limited minutes for the rest of the year and still compete. Obviously Pop should not run the guys for 30+ minutes, but you can't sit the guys till the playoffs start because you are worried they will get hurt. Whatever happens, happens.

vma16
04-18-2012, 11:34 AM
I think resting them is the right choice, Blake and that steroids center they have were looking to damage our players yesterday...

Being suspended for 5 games but injure one of our guys would be a great gain for them

will_spurs
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't like the Spurs losing games to try and rig the playoff seeding to their advantage. I would rather them try to win every game and only rest players when it is necessary. The team is so deep they can play the starters limited minutes for the rest of the year and still compete. Obviously Pop should not run the guys for 30+ minutes, but you can't sit the guys till the playoffs start because you are worried they will get hurt. Whatever happens, happens.

Sorry but you missed the point. It's not about players being injured randomly (fluke play, exhaustion). It's about Lakers thugs voluntarily hurting a Spurs player. Blake tried to hurt Manu 3 times yesterday. Bynum was ready to blow a gasket in the 4th.

If that's the only way the Lakers players (or in the case of Blake, wannabe) can express their frustation, then I'd rather have that happen in the 2nd round of the playoffs, when they get suspended for a couple of games and lose the series in the proceed, rather than on Friday when any suspension will not benefit the Spurs in any way, shape, or form, but might very well destroy the Spurs whole season.

Lakers are so bad right now they need to resort to cheap shots, and will. They suck, what can I tell you.

Bruno
04-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Well the smart move for Friday is wait and see.There is no interest to decide what Spurs should do for this game before Friday morning. While I agree that avoiding Lakers in the secodn round is a must do, tanking Friday's game could be a wrong move depending on results between now and Friday. For example, Clippers could be a very remote threat for the 3rd seed if they don't negotiate well the tough b2b on the road against Nuggest and Suns that starts today.

vander
04-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Thunder should lose at least one more game
and we do want the Lakers to hold onto the 3 seed...

Jeff Leppard
04-18-2012, 11:55 AM

Ain't gonna happen, broheim.

roycrikside
04-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Not sure how realistic catching Chicago is and besides I'm not as worried about their home court advantage anyway. I still think Miami is the likelier team to come out of the east and the one we match up the worst against, so I would like to have home court against them.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Makes no sense. Rest the big 3 tonight vs. Sacto, we'll probably win anyway, but regardless they cannot play 3 nights in a row, that would be insane.

This way the big 3 get 2 days off before Friday vs. the Lakers, who will be coming with a mission in mind.

Legacy
04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
My. I-I'm just torn. So very, very torn. Oh... The sheer agony of it all :dramaquee ......

....... TO HATE THE FAKERS SO DAMN MUCH!!!!!!!

:fight:soapbox::smchode::vomit::makemyday

LOL

Assman
04-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Too many variables.

Just win baby.

Beaverfuzz
04-18-2012, 10:17 PM
You could sit them had the Lakers not kicked the shit out of the Spurs in San Antonio once already. Play them, if you want up to halftime, but don't sit them out.