PDA

View Full Version : You know...

Yonivore
04-18-2012, 09:28 AM
...an on-the-ball political strategist would produce a campaign ad along the lines of the "Girls Gone Wild" series and call it "Executive Branch Gone Wild."

Secret Service and prostitutes...

Secretary of State partying down and slamming back cervezas...

General Services Administration throwing Caligula-style parties in Vegas...

CIA Director commuting from California on the taxpayer's dime...

Michelle and Barry living and vacationing like Rockefellers on the taxpayer's dime...

I'm sure I'm missing some excesses.

I'm still waiting for the Political Cartoon with Obama in the role of Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2012, 09:31 AM
meh

The only thing Obama really has any control of in your list is his own vacations.

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2012, 09:31 AM
*double penetration*

Yonivore
04-18-2012, 09:40 AM
meh

The only thing Obama really has any control of in your list is his own vacations.
Actually, I think the Obamas set the moral-ethical-social tone in their administration.

No I'm not suggesting the Obamas would engage in what the Secret Service detail is accused of doing but, I am saying they set the tone and such behavior has been tolerated and rewarded since they began campaigning for the office.

Obama speechwriter photographed groping Hillary Clinton likeness (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/12/obama-favreau.html)

Jon Favreau is one of those White House male employees making 18% more than the White House female employees. Some might suggest he should have been fired after what is depicted in the photograph. Others might suggest he should be fired because it appears he's not even doing his job anymore but, simply cutting and pasting - a la Yonivore - from speeches previously given. That's lazy.

Alcohol, objectifying women, and partying have been a hallmark of this administration's inner circle.

I'm telling you, this is a winner for Romney. Gingrich couldn't pull it off but, there's no indication Mitt Romney has ever engaged in such debauchery. Hell, he married his High School sweetheart and doesn't drink.

Blake
04-18-2012, 09:44 AM
meh

And it's not like previous presidents never vacationed.

George Gervin's Afro
04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Actually, I think the Obama's set the moral-ethical-social tone in their administration.

No I'm not suggesting the Obamas would engage in what the Secret Service detail is accused of doing but, I am saying they set the tone and such behavior has been tolerated and rewarded since they began campaigning for the office.

Obama speechwriter photographed groping Hillary Clinton likeness (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/12/obama-favreau.html)

Jon Favreau is one of those White House male employees making 18% more than the White House female employees.

Alcohol, objectifying women, and partying have been a hallmark of this administration's inner circle.

I'm telling you, this is a winner for Romney. Gingrich couldn't pull it off but, there's no indication Mitt Romney has ever engaged in such debauchery. Hell, he married his High School sweetheart and doesn't drink.

You're funny Mt Everest

ChumpDumper
04-18-2012, 09:48 AM
OMG Obama travels like he's the leader of the free world or something!

Uppity!

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
C'mon Yoni...

You diminish the good points you occasionally make when you keep throwing this kind of shit on the wall...

Obama didn't "set the tone" for those SS and Marines hooking up with the hookers. It was legal, they partook of the services, and are all gonna get fired for doing it. At the worst it was bad judgement on their part.

and OMG! Hillary Clinton drinking a beer or three? WTF? Does this REALLY bother you?

The GSA party? More terrible judgement but it sounds like a bunch of heads are on the chopping block. It's certainly not like Obama endorsed it....

Panetta? this is the biggest non-story I've heard yet...he's SECDEF for gods sake...he has to be in constant secure communication with the military and the white house...That C-37 he takes is the smallest aircraft in the fleet with the appropriate com gear.

FromWayDowntown
04-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Apoplexy!

Yonivore
04-18-2012, 10:32 AM
C'mon Yoni...

You diminish the good points you occasionally make when you keep throwing this kind of shit on the wall...

Obama didn't "set the tone" for those SS and Marines hooking up with the hookers. It was legal, they partook of the services, and are all gonna get fired for doing it. At the worst it was bad judgement on their part.

and OMG! Hillary Clinton drinking a beer or three? WTF? Does this REALLY bother you?

The GSA party? More terrible judgement but it sounds like a bunch of heads are on the chopping block. It's certainly not like Obama endorsed it....

Panetta? this is the biggest non-story I've heard yet...he's SECDEF for gods sake...he has to be in constant secure communication with the military and the white house...That C-37 he takes is the smallest aircraft in the fleet with the appropriate com gear.
Look, I'm merely suggesting a creative political operative could make a nice visual by throwing all this into an "Executive Branch Gone Wild" political ad. I think some of it would stick.

It's politics, Obama doesn't have to be directly responsible for his employees behavior to be painted with their failures.

And, no, Hillary drinking a beer doesn't bother me. But, unlike any former Secretary of State I can remember (aside from Madeline Albright's schmoozing with Kim Jong Il with wine and dance), the visual of a Secretary of State partying in a bar while they are supposed to be engaging in a serious diplomatic trip, is -- I believe -- politically damaging to the administration.

And, that is what does bother me, with this administration, it seems to be more about the good times than the work. Obama is in Colombia scouting for vacation spots but, can't keep himself from damn near gaffing us into an international incident by calling the Malvinas the Maldives -- which, even if he got the name right, would be a slap to the face of our stanchest ally -- Great Britain. More "smart" diplomacy...

Perhaps, if the public marries the image of our Secretary of State partying down instead of properly preparing her boss for an important meeting or speech -- they'll start to get this idea this administration isn't serious about projecting our role in the world.

And, Panetta? I don't have a problem with him commuting from California; just not on my dime. Perhaps he should consider making occasional trips home like most people that take jobs in Washington, D.C.

It's an attitude they project. Like money doesn't matter and the world is their oyster -- whatever that means.

I think the "Executive Branch Gone Wild" is a good idea but, I'm not a political strategist...so, what do I know. I also think it could be followed up with more serious "gone wild" imagery...

"Fast and Furious"

"Renewable Energy Grants"

ChumpDumper
04-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Yoni, no one gives a shit.

coyotes_geek
04-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Granted I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure it didn't go down like this:

Hey Bob, want to go bang some prostitutes?

I dunno Larry. I definitely want to get laid, but what would President Obama think?

Oh he'd totally be cool with it. Look how many vacations he takes!

You're right. Let's do it.

Yonivore
04-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Granted I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure it didn't go down like this:

Hey Bob, want to go bang some prostitutes?

I dunno Larry. I definitely want to get laid, but what would President Obama think?

Oh he'd totally be cool with it. Look how many vacations he takes!

You're right. Let's do it.
You're all missing my point. I'm sure it's my fault though...

Anyone remember the calls for President Bush to be brought up on war crimes and to be impeached because of the crimes committed at Abu Ghraib?

Same dynamic...

And, once you establish the visual with the silly and entertaining (Victoria's Secret Service and our SOS playing a college drinking game) you morph the message into the serious; Fast and Furious and Solyndra...

I'm just pitching a political ad.

ChumpDumper
04-18-2012, 10:46 AM
You're all missing my point. I'm sure it's my fault though...

Anyone remember the calls for President Bush to be brought up on war crimes and to be impeached because of the crimes committed at Abu Ghraib?

Same dynamic...

And, once you establish the visual with the silly and entertaining (Victoria's Secret Service and our SOS playing a college drinking game) you morph the message into the serious; Fast and Furious and Solyndra...

I'm just pitching a political ad.You're better off sticking to saying he's Muslim.

clambake
04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
nah, we bitched because he fabricated evidence to justify war.

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2012, 10:50 AM
You're better off sticking to saying he's Muslim.

Here ya go Yoni...

http://www.sicklycat.com/wp-content/uploads/1-ObamaMuslim.jpg