PDA

View Full Version : I may have an ESPN Dallas writer questioning his own article

SpurinDallas
04-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Submitted this question on ESPN Dallas chat:

Jerry (Dallas)

If the Mavs lose tonight, kiss the playoffs goodbye. Even if they beat GS, Chicago and ATL might still be playing to secure playoff seeding and home court in ATL case, and I don't see the Mavs winning either of those 2 on the road. Your thoughts?
Jeff Caplan (2:21 PM)

Jerry, you could be right on. A loss tonight would be catastrophic. I mean what hope is there if you can't beat Houston on your home floor? As for the last 2 games, it really just depends what Chicago and Atlanta are playing for. Chicago could be battling for East homecourt or for the whole thing and Atlanta could still be battling for the No. 4 seed and homecourt, which is big. Those games will be tough if those teams are playing for something. tonight is huge. I might have understated that in my column today to be honest.

:flag:

TheChillFactor
04-18-2012, 01:35 PM
My god I hope the Rockets win...

SpurinDallas
04-18-2012, 01:39 PM
My god I hope the Rockets win...

It would be meltdown mode in Dallas if the Rockets win. Go Rockets!

sharkenleo
04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
If the Rockets win, it puts the Mavs on track to finish in that 7-8 spot, which would put the Spurs on a collision course with them in the first round.

Not that I'm afraid of the Mavs, they're really not playing very well right now, but I'd much rather play the Rockets or Suns than the defending champs in round 1.

DJB
04-18-2012, 02:21 PM
If the Rockets win, it puts the Mavs on track to finish in that 7-8 spot, which would put the Spurs on a collision course with them in the first round.

Not that I'm afraid of the Mavs, they're really not playing very well right now, but I'd much rather play the Rockets or Suns than the defending champs in round 1.

I wouldn't. I would love to curb stomp them on the way to the :lobt2:

SpurinDallas
04-18-2012, 02:22 PM

+1 :hat

jag
04-18-2012, 04:43 PM

Only someone with borderline mental retardation would think meeting Dallas in a first round series is a good idea. Win or lose, it would be a hard fought rivalry series that could potentially take a lot out of the Spurs. When the Mavs play the Spurs they play with an edge.

Both the Rockets and the Suns have the ability to turn it up a notch and make the Spurs work, but not the way Dallas does. I think the Spurs would beat Dallas but I'd much rather the Spurs face those other two teams.

baseline bum
04-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Phoenix will be the odd one out, considering the Suns have an extremely nasty finishing schedule (OKC, Denver, LAC, Utah (on the road), SA). Since Dallas has the tiebreaker on Utah I think their playoff spot is pretty close to being cemented.

Sense
04-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I may have an ESPN Dallas writer questioning his own article

http://www.undeadolympia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/pat-on-back.jpg

Latarian Milton
04-18-2012, 10:37 PM
mavs are the weakest defending champs since 06-07 Miami Heat tbh. they're winning the playoff berth only to get embarrassed & asskicked in the 1st round by them spurs or lakers. mavs just a fucking joke tbh last season was a fluke, 1 & done for them imho

therealtruth
04-18-2012, 10:44 PM
mavs are the weakest defending champs since 06-07 Miami Heat tbh. they're winning the playoff berth only to get embarrassed & asskicked in the 1st round by them spurs or lakers. mavs just a fucking joke tbh last season was a fluke, 1 & done for them imho

Cuban's stupidity is what cost them. If they resign Chandler they have a real chance of repeating.

KaiRMD1
04-19-2012, 12:16 AM

No, that Miami Heat team was literally crawling into the playoffs. Never saw a championship team as weak as them.

MannyIsGod
04-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Weakest use of the clubby in a while.

Dingle Barry
04-19-2012, 01:59 AM
No, that Miami Heat team was literally crawling into the playoffs. Never saw a championship team as weak as them.

fuck I hate when people misuse "literally."

KaiRMD1
04-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Ugh, they were METAPHORICALLY crawling into the playoffs. There, since I hurt people's feelings by misusing a word.

The ADMIRAL 50
04-19-2012, 02:24 PM
fuck I hate when people misuse "literally."

same here

not only are they misusing 'literally' but they are using it to mean 'metaphorically' which is literally the exact opposite of 'literally'

:lol

CitizenDwayne
04-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Reminds me of a pro wrestling commentator who once said "He just LITERALLY KNOCKED HIS HEAD OFF!!!"

Cory Joseph
04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
:lol

David Cross:

"...one of the things i can't stand, one of my like pet peeves, is people who misuse the word "literally". Fucking that drives me up a wall. When you misuse the word "literally" you are using it in the exact opposite way it was intended when you fuck that up, you fuck it up so bad..."

"HE LITERALLY RIPPED HIS HEAD OFF ON THAT PLAY"

"HE LITERALLY GREW WINGS AND ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN WHERE GOD BLESSED HIM WITH THIS GODLIKE DEFENSIVE BLOCKING CAPABILITY..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ly1UTgiBXM

MannyIsGod
04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Ugh, they were METAPHORICALLY crawling into the playoffs. There, since I hurt people's feelings by misusing a word.

Looks like you're - metaphorically - the butthurt one here.