PDA

View Full Version : Any RUSH fans? (the band)

JudynTX
04-18-2012, 02:31 PM
You're welcome! :toast

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/rush.html

Woo Bum-kon
04-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Gee, and I was just thinking about how much I wanted to listen to a new album from a band that is decades past its prime. When's the new Rolling Stones album coming out?

Drachen
04-18-2012, 02:48 PM
You're welcome! :toast

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/rush.html

Thanks Judy :toast

JudynTX
04-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Gee, and I was just thinking about how much I wanted to listen to a new album from a band that is decades past its prime. When's the new Rolling Stones album coming out?

How old are you? 12

JoeChalupa
04-18-2012, 02:55 PM
:tu

IWantsACuatro
04-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Overrated.

jjktkk
04-18-2012, 03:31 PM
:tu

Borosai
04-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Slappin' the bass.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Sweet. Can't wait to see them again.
Last tour they did all the his, then played the album Moving Pictures start to finish. was bad asssss

Woo Bum-kon
04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
:lol Hemann laughing at his own shitty jokes.

Somebody has to, right?

Spurminator
04-18-2012, 05:25 PM
It's okay. Of course, work speakers probably aren't the best place to judge.

Their last album took a while to grow on me.

Frank Dux
04-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Sweet. Can't wait to see them again.
Last tour they did all the his, then played the album Moving Pictures start to finish. was bad asssss

Still kicking myself for missing that tour. These guys aren't going to play forever.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I haven't cared for their last few. Last one I bought was Counterparts and I played that, maybe, once. Or twice.

Big Empty
04-18-2012, 07:10 PM
So i played working man at the bar n almost got my ass kicked. I played it with the mytouchtunes app while a fellow patron was putting money in the jukebox and when the song came o, since i used 3 credits to play it next, yea i was feeln it, he got aaaaall upset. "THIS A FUCKING 15 MINUTE SONG BRO!!" awwww pissed off lol i didnt know i had just soundhounded the song on the way to the bar. But when the song was over,....Slipknot came on and made me want to go give my dad a hug

Spursfan092120
04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Overrated.

Not a huge fan, but if you say this song is overrated, you deserve to be stabbed in the foot with a fork..

KNZru4JG_Uo

benefactor
04-18-2012, 07:37 PM
I missed the Moving Pictures tour too. Hopefully they get through here again.

CitizenDwayne
04-18-2012, 07:57 PM
On a semi-related note, the Manic Street Preachers' "Journal for Plague Lovers" is the most obvious steal (Rush' "Spirit of Radio") I have ever heard in my life. Hilarious.

Rush were a fairly good band, but they kinda seem like amateurs when compared to the Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson crowd. In my opinion, of course

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I haven't cared for their last few. Last one I bought was Counterparts and I played that, maybe, once. Or twice.

Snakes and arrows has some good songs.
Check out:

Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
Malignant Narcissism (old timer geddy tears it up)

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2012, 08:08 PM
I missed the Moving Pictures tour too. Hopefully they get through here again.

You guys missed out

When they started Witch Hunt I almost jizzed myself

Viva Las Espuelas
04-18-2012, 08:44 PM
I jizzed the first time I saw them and they busted into Xanadu. When Primus opened up for them.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Primus opened for them?? That must have been a weed smoker's paradise

Viva Las Espuelas
04-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah, Primus played on the Presto tour.

Woo Bum-kon
04-19-2012, 01:26 AM
If hemann thinks something is funny, it probably isn't.

JudynTX
04-19-2012, 08:36 AM

So what did you think of the sample?

Snakes and arrows has some good songs.
Check out:

Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
Malignant Narcissism (old timer geddy tears it up)

:tu Great album, but Vapor Trails is my last favorite CD from them. That tour was at the Verizon Wireless, which has since been closed down. :bang

I'm sure they will tour this summer, at least I hope they do.

leemajors
04-19-2012, 09:30 AM
I jizzed the first time I saw them and they busted into Xanadu. When Primus opened up for them.

Claypool was probably waiting his whole life to open up for them.

mrsmaalox
04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
I had no idea there was so much jizzing happening at Rush shows :wow

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Lol
Rush shows have so much audio stimulation, it far outweighs the insane guy to girl ratio at their shows

Last show I went to, they had an opening movie/skit, and as closer. In the closing scene, geddy jokes about how he saw two chicks in his section of the crowd...neal and Alex were like awesome, that's gotta be a record! Rofl

Then Paul Rudd and Jason Segel reprise their roles from I Love You Man, and freak Rush out by sneaking into their backstage room

Pretty funny

Viva Las Espuelas
04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I didn't listen to it :)

Viva Las Espuelas
04-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Claypool was probably waiting his whole life to open up for them.

He probably was. I wasn't that into Primus at the time but they put on a great show. They played all of Sailing the Sea of Cheese.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Lol
Rush shows have so much audio stimulation, it far outweighs the insane guy to girl ratio at their shows

Last show I went to, they had an opening movie/skit, and as closer. In the closing scene, geddy jokes about how he saw two chicks in his section of the crowd...neal and Alex were like awesome, that's gotta be a record! Rofl

Then Paul Rudd and Jason Segel reprise their roles from I Love You Man, and freak Rush out by sneaking into their backstage room

Pretty funny

Yeah. Their sets are pretty elaborate. A little corny but elaborate

leemajors
04-19-2012, 10:25 AM
He probably was. I wasn't that into Primus at the time but they put on a great show. They played all of Sailing the Sea of Cheese.

I got to see that at the Tour De Fromage they did a while back, the whole second set was that album.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Is that the one when Herb came back? I went to that too and damn that was a good concert. The DVD they released from that tour was awesome too

Viva Las Espuelas
04-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Damn. When did they get on Roadrunner? That's crazy.

leemajors
04-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Is that the one when Herb came back? I went to that too and damn that was a good concert. The DVD they released from that tour was awesome too

Yup, I saw them with Brain before too, and liked that as well. DJ Disk opened up for them, and Buckethead joined them on a few songs. I love Brain, but I was glad Herb came back. I liked one of Herb's other bands, Laundry I think they were called. I have the cd somewhere

Viva Las Espuelas
04-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah. Its Laundry. I didn't care for Brain that much.

leemajors
04-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah. Its Laundry. I didn't care for Brain that much.

I like the stuff he does with Laswell/Praxis quite a bit, but the Brown Album was pretty uneven.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Is praxis any good? I saw bucket head a month or so ago, thoroughly enjoyed it, and I know he's in praxis

JudynTX
04-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Yesterday, Rush released their new single, “Headlong Flight,” giving fans a taste of what’s to come on the band’s upcoming album, Clockwork Angels, out June 12. Clockwork Angels is Rush’s 20th studio release and their first set of original material in over five years, so there’s plenty of buzz surrounding the release.

Now, the men have announced a cross-country 2012 tour in support of Clockwork Angels. The jaunt kicks off September 7 in Manchester, New Hampshire and will travel to 30-plus cities before closing out December 2 in Houston, Texas. Tickets go on sale starting April 27 in most cities via Ticketmaster and LiveNation. For information on when tickets go on sale for the date closest to you, visit Rush’s official site, and find a complete list of tour dates, below.

As for “Headlong Flight,” Rush singer and bass player Geddy Lee says it was a delight to write. “’Headlong Flight’ was one of those songs that was a joy to write and record from beginning to end,” he said in an official statement. “Alex [Lifeson] and I had blast jamming in my home studio one day before the 2nd leg of the Time Machine Tour and I did not revisit that jam until a year later.

“Alex and I assembled the song to be an instrumental and its original title was 'Take that lampshade off yo head!' but once we saw the lyrics Neil had written for 'Headlong Flight,' I knew that the spirit of the lyrics matched the instrumental perfectly and it was just a matter of making them fit and writing the melodies.” Are you stoked to see Rush in 2012? Let us know in the comments section, below!

Rush 2012 Tour Dates:

9/7 -- Manchester, NH, Verizon Wireless Arena
9/9 -- Washington, D.C., Jiffy Lube Live Amphitheater
9/11 -- Pittsburgh, PA, CONSOL Energy Center
9/13 -- Indianapolis, IN, Bankers Life Fieldhouse
9/15 -- Chicago, IL, United Center
9/18 -- Detroit, MI, Palace of Auburn Hills
9/20 -- Columbus, OH, Nationwide Arena
9/22 -- St. Louis, MO, Scottrade Center
9/24 -- Minneapolis, MN, Target Center
9/26 -- Winnipeg, MB, MTS Centre
9/28 -- Saskatoon, SK, Credit Union Centre
9/30 -- Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
10/10 -- Bridgeport, CT, Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard
10/12 -- Philadelphia, PA, Wells Fargo Center
10/14 -- Toronto, ON, Air Canada Centre
10/18 -- Montreal, QC, Bell Centre
10/20 -- Newark, NJ, Prudential Center
10/22 -- Brooklyn, NY, Barclays Center
10/24 -- Boston, MA, TD Garden
10/26 -- Buffalo, NY, First Niagara Center
10/28 -- Cleveland, OH, Quicken Loans Arena
10/30 -- Charlotte, NC, Time Warner Cable Arena
11/1 -- Atlanta, GA, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
11/3 -- Tampa, FL, 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheatre
11/13 -- Seattle, WA, KeyArena
11/15 -- San Jose, CA, HP Pavilion
11/17 -- Anaheim, CA, Honda Center
11/19 -- Los Angeles, CA, Gibson Amphitheatre
11/23 -- Las Vegas, NV, MGM Grand Garden Arena
11/25 -- Phoenix, AZ, US Airways Center
11/28 -- Dallas, TX, American Airlines Center
11/30 -- San Antonio, TX, AT&T Center
12/2 -- Houston, TX, Toyota Center

:clap :clap OH HELL YES!

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/rush-announce-2012-clockwork-tour-dates-0419-2012.aspx

leemajors
04-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Is praxis any good? I saw bucket head a month or so ago, thoroughly enjoyed it, and I know he's in praxis

They are one of my favorite bands. Here is a video off their first album:

KUL_gcHv0EA

Each album usually just has Brain, Buckethead and Bill Laswell as constants, but the band can be anywhere from just those three to 5 more people. The DJ from the Jungle Brothers is the DJ on this video from '92, John Zorn is on one of them with Yamatsuka Eye, and Grandmaster DXT and the Skratch Piklz are on some.

Drachen
04-19-2012, 01:05 PM

:tu Great album, but Vapor Trails is my last favorite CD from them. That tour was at the Verizon Wireless, which has since been closed down. :bang

I'm sure they will tour this summer, at least I hope they do.

I was there!

JudynTX
04-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I was there!

:tu I sure do miss outdoor venues., even though the sound kinda sucked on the lawn.

I'm curious as to who will open up for them on tour.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I thought they normally toured on their own.

JudynTX
04-19-2012, 02:13 PM

Good point, since they usually put on a 3hr show.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2012, 02:41 PM
They play in Dallas practically on Thanksgiving

Lame

JudynTX
04-20-2012, 08:07 AM

Lame

How would that get in the way of the concert?

Spurminator
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM

Lame

And at AAC. Double lame.

cantthinkofanything
04-20-2012, 11:58 AM
:tu I sure do miss outdoor venues., even though the sound kinda sucked on the lawn.

I heard it's going to be Kool & the Gang.

Drachen
04-20-2012, 12:24 PM

Yeah, as far as I know they have no openers, they just play for 3 hours. The cool thing about this (other than three hours of Rush) is when they give each other a rest. Specifically the part where Neil does his 10-15 min percussion solo while the other two go offstage and chill.

JudynTX
04-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I heard it's going to be Kool & the Gang.

Don't even go there! :lol

Yeah, as far as I know they have no openers, they just play for 3 hours. The cool thing about this (other than three hours of Rush) is when they give each other a rest. Specifically the part where Neil does his 10-15 min percussion solo while the other two go offstage and chill.

I hope they do the South Park skit for Tom Sawyer! :D