PDA

View Full Version : Props To The Pistons

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Don't bitch about the refs, don't complain about free throws, and don't use any lame excuses. This game was simply won by better execution by the Detroit Pistons. The Spurs showed up, but so did Detroit and they simply hit shots and made plays when they had too.

Game 7, Baby, Game 7.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Another great game.

Winner take all on Thursday baby...

mrcoon29
06-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Another exciting gut wrenching game. WTG.

Nikos
06-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Props to the Spurs for choking.

atlfan25
06-21-2005, 10:53 PM
manny sure knows what the deal is. spurs in 7

stéphane
06-21-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm pissed and disapointed but honestly Billups was huge tonight he made so many big shots whoever was on him.. Props to Detroit's Messiah...

Ocotillo
06-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Both teams played hard....Detroit made more of their shots.

What happened to the boring defensive grind it out games we were suppose to see?

SouthernFried
06-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Great SHOOTING by Pistons. Everyone was hitting tonite.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Don't bitch about the refs, don't complain about free throws, and don't use any lame excuses. This game was simply won by better execution by the Detroit Pistons. The Spurs showed up, but so did Detroit and they simply hit shots and made plays when they had too.

Game 7, Baby, Game 7.
Yup.

E20
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Excellent game played by Detroit. They never stopped playing. They were the on the attack from the begining. Spurs were just to dumb with the ball, making unagressive plays and unaware of there situation. They were to over-confident. Everybody was. Well that is all going to change in Game 7. Spurs are gonna come with it and fuckign lay it down and capture the title.

DDS4
06-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Goddamn that was impressive. They answered every bucket and then some.

Pistons < Spurs
06-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Great game guys. This is definetly turning into the finals we all expected.

Leetonidas
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Chauncey won't have that many 3 pointers next game.

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
I think it's safe to say that the officiating was equally HORRIBLE tonight, and this coming from Piston fan.

It seemed like every time down the court I was yelling "C'mon! BULLSHIT!"... and then the very next time down, I was thinking, "Damn, got away with that one".

Game 7, can we play it RIGHT NOW?

Shelly
06-21-2005, 11:00 PM
No, Manny...it's because Tim Duncan is a has been... :rolleyes

And yes...props to the Pistons.

Brodels
06-21-2005, 11:00 PM
I agree. The Pistons brought it.

And after seeing the Pistons outplay the Spurs for four consecutive games now, I'm convinced that the Spurs are not going to win this series. The Pistons have won three of the last four and probably should have won game five.

The Spurs simply haven't brought the energy, execution, and poise needed to win a championship. I feel very confident in the Pistons' ability to win game seven on the road.

Good season. But not a great one.

Spurminator
06-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Oops. I just posted the same thread.

But maybe it needs to be repeated.

scott
06-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Can I bitch about Manu sucking it up in the clutch?

GrandeDavid
06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Great game, Deeetroit!

jcrod
06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Both Billups and Rip came up big, but damn we still blew this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spurs in 7!

Spurs R Us
06-21-2005, 11:16 PM
The Pistons were clutch down the stretch, making the big shots and coming up with the stops.
They deserved this one tonight — man it pains me to say that.
Still, I am confident the Spurs can win Game 7!!!

Horry For 3!
06-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah, good game for the Pistons they made the big shots and made a lot of 3s.

Flea
06-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Great game for Detroit. They made the shots and deserved this win.

Pistons_In_7
06-21-2005, 11:24 PM
TexasBalla,

Saying Chauncy won't have that many threes is a very dangerous statement to make, hes had many games like that in both the playoffs and the regular season.

He is the man when it comes down to crunch time big money shot making. He has not hit 47 of 49 4th quarter free throws in the playoffs this year, which is probably some sort of record.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2005, 11:26 PM
The Pistons are not going to turn the ball over in the clutch, and they have at least one guaranteed clutch shooter.

Tonight Sheed and Rip came to the party, too.

I said before the series started that what will beat the Spurs is lack of mental toughness. They played 97% tonight and Detroit was at 100%.

Alchal
06-21-2005, 11:26 PM
TexasBalla,

Saying Chauncy won't have that many threes is a very dangerous statement to make, hes had many games like that in both the playoffs and the regular season.

He is the man when it comes down to crunch time big money shot making. He has not hit 47 of 49 4th quarter free throws in the playoffs this year, which is probably some sort of record.

I agree.

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 11:53 PM
Major props guys. Most of the free world didn't give you a chance and you stood up to be counted. You showed the heart of a champion. I am glad the Spurs will be at home for Game 7 but its not going to be easy. I love my Spurs but they gotta show more heart than they did tonight. SBC Center needs to be loud like it was against Seattle and Denver.

Let's get Game 7.

Ginofan
06-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Even though it breaks my heart to see us lose like this, props to the Pistons. I hate you, but you played like you wanted it, and you got it.

Game 7...where we haven't been for 15 years. Let's get this one guys.

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 12:10 AM
props to the Pistons. I hate you,

LOL classic!!! But I feel ya.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2005, 12:12 AM
I hate them. I respect htem, but yes I hate them too. :(

goliath
06-22-2005, 12:13 AM
I agree. The Pistons brought it.

And after seeing the Pistons outplay the Spurs for four consecutive games now, I'm convinced that the Spurs are not going to win this series. The Pistons have won three of the last four and probably should have won game five.

The Spurs simply haven't brought the energy, execution, and poise needed to win a championship. I feel very confident in the Pistons' ability to win game seven on the road.

Good season. But not a great one.

That pretty much sums it up

FCBarca
06-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Whatever happens in Game 7, I just want to see it not be determined on the freethrow line...I want to see gutcheck time and Finals Heroes step up and take over the game as a Game 7 should be, right?...Great series and hopefully an equally great Final game.

GAME 7!!!!!!!!

exstatic
06-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Chauncey won't get as many open looks, not even at 28 feet. Even later in the game, Parker ws picking him up WAY further out, and bumping with him, not giving him any room, swatting at the ball.

He'd better make them. If he misses, it's off to the races, and games 1 and 2 all over again.

06-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Chauncey won't get as many open looks, not even at 28 feet. Even later in the game, Parker ws picking him up WAY further out, and bumping with him, not giving him any room, swatting at the ball.

He'd better make them. If he misses, it's off to the races, and games 1 and 2 all over again.

Billups shot 6-16. He was 3-9 in the second half. Kinda pokes holes in your theory eh?

MannyIsGod
06-22-2005, 12:33 AM
He was killer with the shots he hit though. Those numbers don't tell the full story. He and rip were just on fire.

I'll say it, and you'll agree: If the Pistons play like this again on Thursday, they will repeat. But otherwise? I'd be worried if I were you. What do you think the chances of a repeat performance are?

I happen to actualy think it's pretty even. A toss up. But it was another close to perfect game for Detroit.

06-22-2005, 12:37 AM
He was killer with the shots he hit though. Those numbers don't tell the full story. He and rip were just on fire.

I'll say it, and you'll agree: If the Pistons play like this again on Thursday, they will repeat. But otherwise? I'd be worried if I were you. What do you think the chances of a repeat performance are?

I happen to actualy think it's pretty even. A toss up. But it was another close to perfect game for Detroit.

That wasn't his point.

I agree with you that it's a toss up.

A repeat performance? The Pistons have shot 47%, 46%, 44% and 47% in the last four games. Judging by that, the chances are pretty good...

MannyIsGod
06-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Yeah, but what were their 3 point numbers?

Also, if Detroit keeps having under 5 turnover games, thats a plus for them too. It's hard to beat a team that plays without every turning the damn ball over.

T Park
06-22-2005, 12:39 AM
The guys that killed em in the second half were Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace.

The defense was pathetic.

The offense was almost as bad.

Typical crunch time Spurs.

Stiff stiff stiff.

Stons4Life
06-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Sheed and his big mouth again.

Despite the parade being planned, he said that the Pistons will pop the Cristal on Thursday. I don't know what he's got up his sleeve, but that was a stupid-@$$ thing to say after tonight's game. He should count himself lucky he didn't foul out.

I was very surpised, yet delighted at tonight's result.

May the best team win on Thursday.

weebo
06-22-2005, 12:50 AM
The one thing I kept seeing out of the Spurs tonight was they lack the poise it takes to close a game out. On several instances, the Spurs either moved to quickly or a step to slow. They were indecisive on several occassions, and lost mental focus on the game. How many times did we see the Pistons get an O board? It happened twice off of missed free throws. I'm sorry Spurs fans, but this is how we've been playing the last four games. The Pistons, on the other hand, have been playing mistake-free basketball. In order to win this next game, the Spurs are going to have to play near perfect basketball for 48 minutes.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-22-2005, 12:50 AM
You said it manny. Respect to the Pistons.

Bring on game 7.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

T Park
06-22-2005, 12:52 AM
How many times did we see the Pistons get an O board?

effort and desire

Something the Pistons have in gallons full compared to the Spurs cup fulls.

The only one that showed me tonight he wanted to end it tonight was Brent Barry.

slayermin
06-22-2005, 12:56 AM
I am pretty much devastated.

I can't believe the Pistons won tonight. I begrudgingly give them props.

Man, tonight hurt like a mutherfucker.

Cathreina
06-22-2005, 12:59 AM
The Pistons are a boil on my backside, but from what I saw at the center tonight, they earned this one hands down. Game 7 is ours baby!!!!!

weebo
06-22-2005, 01:01 AM
I agree. Barry played great for us tonight. Sadly enough, we wasted one of his better performances of the year.