PDA

View Full Version : So proud of this team right now

roycrikside
04-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Sweeping an all-road b2b2b and winning all three by 20+ points. If the Heat or Lakers did that, ESPN would lose their minds, tbh. With us, it'll barely be noticed, they'll just say oh the Warriors are tanking and the Kings aren't good and the Lakers didn't have Kobe... I don't care, blowing out all three is damn impressive.

Kudos to Pop for playing Tony and Manu. I didn't think he would. Big scare there at the end with Manu, I was fearing a concussion, but I think he'll be okay.

DMC
04-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Bah.... fools gold. :p:

Mel_13
04-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Great job by the Spurs. They really control their own destiny now.

Dex
04-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Sweeping an all-road b2b2b and winning all three by 20+ points. If the Heat or Lakers did that, ESPN would lose their minds, tbh. With us, it'll barely be noticed, they'll just say oh the Warriors are tanking and the Kings aren't good and the Lakers didn't have Kobe... I don't care, blowing out all three is damn impressive.

Kudos to Pop for playing Tony and Manu. I didn't think he would. Big scare there at the end with Manu, I was fearing a concussion, but I think he'll be okay.

Yeah, I was worried about a concussion or even a fractured cheekbone or orbital. Manu didn't seem to like playing with the mask last time.

100%duncan
04-18-2012, 11:39 PM

Beanzamillion21
04-18-2012, 11:40 PM

Keepin' it real
04-18-2012, 11:46 PM

anonoftheinternets
04-18-2012, 11:52 PM
^ I guess cubby got the last laugh ... repetitive spamming = "cool" ...

roycrikside
04-18-2012, 11:55 PM
dopes on here can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that I said the blow out over the Lakers was the fool's gold, not the win itself. The Lakers blowout over us was a fluke too. They're fairly evenly matched.

smaka
04-18-2012, 11:58 PM
we are awesome, I'm telling you... this is our year. Again, flying under the radar, but when they notice us, it will be too late for them. :D

Obstructed_View
04-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Apparently nobody bothered to read the fool's gold post. I'll be waiting for all the "I told you so" posts each and every time Tony Parker and the Spurs shoot long jumpers like they did against the Lakers. Since it's so common, we should see it a lot, right?

roycrikside
04-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Apparently nobody bothered to read the fool's gold post. I'll be waiting for all the "I told you so" posts each and every time Tony Parker and the Spurs shoot long jumpers like they did against the Lakers. Since it's so common, we should see it a lot, right?

I don't even know what that means. Try it again in English. :lol

jmanu20
04-19-2012, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=roycrikside;5802947]Sweeping an all-road b2b2b and winning all three by 20+ points. If the Heat or Lakers did that, ESPN would lose their minds, tbh. With us, it'll barely be noticed, they'll just say oh the Warriors are tanking and the Kings aren't good and the Lakers didn't have Kobe... I don't care, blowing out all three is damn impressive.

I thought I went to the wrong page for a split second last night when I saw the Spurs were actually on the front of ESPN's NBA page!

DMC
04-19-2012, 12:04 AM

I responded to it, and I was kidding thus the :p:.

Are you upset that Blair isn't playing many minutes? You still think he's the key to the championship? Do you still think RJ was better than Melo? Just checking.

Obstructed_View
I don't even know what that means. Try it again in English. :lol

Wow, I try to defend you and you act like a dick. Nice.

DMC
Front page tonight on ESPN, only BB related link:

Kobe out vs. Warriors; might return Friday (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7830674/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-golden-state-warriors-return-friday-san-antonio-spurs) http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/watch_headlines.png

DMC
04-19-2012, 12:05 AM
He was kidding. You have a broken humor detector and your takes are really retarded.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Are you upset that Blair isn't playing many minutes? You still think he's the key to the championship? Do you still think RJ was better than Melo? Just checking.

Look, it's a strawman tornado. Butthurt much?

Obstructed_View
04-19-2012, 12:06 AM
He was kidding. You have a broken humor detector and your takes are really retarded.

Post something funny, other than your basketball opinions, and I promise to laugh at it.

DMC
04-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Post something funny, other than your basketball opinions, and I promise to laugh at it.

"Dwight Howard is a black Kevin Love"

Sean Cagney
04-19-2012, 12:14 AM
If we lost two from here on out we are good MONEY IMO as OKC will drop another one IMO. Spurs needt o stay focused and keep winning.

Splits
04-19-2012, 12:42 AM
If we lost two from here on out we are good MONEY IMO as OKC will drop another one IMO. Spurs needt o stay focused and keep winning.

If the Denver game means anything to end the season, they might lose that. Don't think they'll lose to the Lakers though, and they get the Kings twice and, as you can see from tonight, they quit already.

Legacy
04-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Front page tonight on ESPN, only BB related link:

Kobe out vs. Warriors; might return Friday (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7830674/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-golden-state-warriors-return-friday-san-antonio-spurs) http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/watch_headlines.png

Might??? :lol

greyforest
04-19-2012, 01:31 AM
yeah everyone was last year too

dont really care until playoffs

Legacy
04-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Well, I will say that I am VERY proud of My Spurs, and they should be extremely proud of their TRUE fans!!!! ;)

:flag:

100%duncan
04-19-2012, 02:28 AM

:lmao that was funny

TampaDude
04-19-2012, 02:32 AM
This thread is so full of win. :lol

Legacy
04-19-2012, 02:47 AM
This thread is so full of win. :lol

No shittin'.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Yup. Best team since the 2007 miracle. Deep, flexible, loads of chemistry, selfless to a fault, peaking at the right time. Even better, Tim and Tony have shown they can still turn it up and play at a chamipionship level. With Manu and Jax still yet to find their rhythms, great signs indeed!

Love this team. :D