PDA

View Full Version : Wild Animal that escaped into FAU months ago, found to have Bipolar Disorder

redzero's Baby Momma
04-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Do you guys remember the creature that got out of its cage and managed to wreak havoc at Florida Atlantic?

Once it was subdued, doctors managed to diagnose it with bipolar disorder

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/jonatha-carr-classroom-outburst-fau-bipolar-medication_n_1391095.html

FuzzyLumpkins
04-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Love the avatar.

2Blonde
04-19-2012, 11:47 PM
That was a human being who was suffering from a mental illness, not a creature or a wild animal. :nope
Comments like these are why there is still such a stigma surrounding mental illness. The person who has the breakdown often times does not even remember much of the episode after, but feel humiliated as others feel compelled to to tease them unmercifully.
I read that this young lady is a 3.8gpa student who generally does quite well. I personally think she is brave. She has an illness that would cause many to give up and crawl inside their tortured mind. Instead, she gets up every day and facess her demons and goes to school, takes her classes, maintains a 3.8 GPA,and refuses to let this illness have the last word in her life. That's bravery!:toast
IMHO, wild animals are those who feast on the carcasses of those who have been injured or weakened by injury or illness. Hmmm.......

Check out this link, you might learn something new.
http://www.nami.org

IWantsACuatro
04-20-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm sure obtaining a 3.8gpa at FAU is a monumental feat.

CubanSucks
04-20-2012, 12:34 AM
That was a human being who was suffering from a mental illness, not a creature or a wild animal. :nope
Comments like these are why there is still such a stigma surrounding mental illness. The person who has the breakdown often times does not even remember much of the episode after, but feel humiliated as others feel compelled to to tease them unmercifully.
I read that this young lady is a 3.8gpa student who generally does quite well. I personally think she is brave. She has an illness that would cause many to give up and crawl inside their tortured mind. Instead, she gets up every day and facess her demons and goes to school, takes her classes, maintains a 3.8 GPA,and refuses to let this illness have the last word in her life. That's bravery!:toast
IMHO, wild animals are those who feast on the carcasses of those who have been injured or weakened by injury or illness. Hmmm.......

You're being a fucking retard. Stop being the stereotypical naive woman who's an apologist for everything. I would've thought you were joking if you hadn't written so much. Did you even see the vid?

My sister was a manic depressant and she eventually learned to control it. She was still held accountable for her actions. She had to stay in a mental institution multiple times when she was a teen. Manic depressants are still people with a responsibility to behave civilly. They're not mentally retarded

FuzzyLumpkins
04-20-2012, 01:12 AM
You're being a fucking retard. Stop being the stereotypical naive woman who's an apologist for everything. I would've thought you were joking if you hadn't written so much. Did you even see the vid?

My sister was a manic depressant and she eventually learned to control it. She was still held accountable for her actions. She had to stay in a mental institution multiple times when she was a teen. Manic depressants are still people with a responsibility to behave civilly. They're not mentally retarded

Lithium is not 'learning to control it.'

DMC
04-20-2012, 01:18 AM
The outburst was unnatural, unprovoked. There is an underlying explanation. No one else has to accept it. We are fortunate if we are born with the right DNA sequence and have a healthy body and brain. Some aren't so lucky.

CubanSucks
04-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Lithium is not 'learning to control it.'

She stopped taking lithium a long time ago

FuzzyLumpkins
04-20-2012, 04:53 AM
She stopped taking lithium a long time ago

If she is bipolar 1 rapid cycling with severe mania and able to "control" it then she is a mental health marvel and not the norm. If she is bipolar 2 and got hospitalized because she was actively suicidal then that is not remotely the same thing and not "manic depressive" the DSM diagnosis is overly broad and generally shitty.

CubanSucks
04-20-2012, 05:18 AM
If she is bipolar 1 rapid cycling with severe mania and able to "control" it then she is a mental health marvel and not the norm. If she is bipolar 2 and got hospitalized because she was actively suicidal then that is not remotely the same thing and not "manic depressive" the DSM diagnosis is overly broad and generally shitty.

You're way over my head. She had anger and depression problems and crazy mood swings. She also cut herself a little but not too often and she came after me with a big piece of broken glass once...soooo whatever that means.

Regardless of my sister's history, this girl should still be held accountable. If this girl was such a nut case before this incident then she shouldn't be going to school. And if this wasn't a normal reaction for her then how could you suddenly blame her disorder?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-20-2012, 07:24 AM
You're way over my head. She had anger and depression problems and crazy mood swings. She also cut herself a little but not too often and she came after me with a big piece of broken glass once...soooo whatever that means.

Regardless of my sister's history, this girl should still be held accountable. If this girl was such a nut case before this incident then she shouldn't be going to school. And if this wasn't a normal reaction for her then how could you suddenly blame her disorder?

If she didn't rabid cycle its only a couple times a tear. When you mix mania with depression going on at the same time.that's when theye s get disoriented and mean.that the most dangerous state. Ramped up sad confused and mad. A mixed state.com no fun at all

Bipolar Bob
04-20-2012, 07:38 AM
I call BS.

Goran Dragic
04-20-2012, 08:23 AM
:lmao what kind of a name is Jonatha?

DisAsTerBot
04-20-2012, 08:37 AM
lol learned to control it...what a dumbfuck

cantthinkofanything
04-20-2012, 08:47 AM

FYI, there are plenty of wild animals that don't feed on carcasses. There are even some that don't eat other animals at all (live or dead). Also, if an animal is only weakened or injured, it's not a carcass.

CubanSucks
04-20-2012, 02:48 PM
:lmao what kind of a name is Jonatha?

pretty tame when you consider she's black

DarkReign
04-20-2012, 04:10 PM
I dont know shit about mental conditions, but thats pretty obvious. 'dat gurl done lost hur mind!

FuzzyLumpkins
04-20-2012, 06:52 PM

that last response was combining a tablet and ambien. Woo.

If the women in question was subject to severe mania it is possible that included psychosis.

http://www.bipolardisordersymptoms.info/bipolar-symptoms/psychosis-mania.htm

As for the girl being a nutcase and going to school, i cannot speak to that. Shes not always going to be manic. the phases last a matter of weeks and not all bipolars cycle up and down constantly. they may cycle a month and then be fine for months before they have another one. It manifests at different times. I don't know.

Maybe she is just a stupid twat but it is possible that she has severe mania and if that is the case then it is a mitigating circumstance. Bipolar 1's are fucked up crazy.

Goran Dragic
04-21-2012, 09:55 PM
9ebb8vaPnNU

CubanSucks
04-22-2012, 07:28 PM
9ebb8vaPnNU

lol but it's the disorder's fault

FuzzyLumpkins
04-22-2012, 07:33 PM
szNJsTWL1YA

CubanSucks
04-22-2012, 09:29 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/intredasting.jpg

Gutter92
04-22-2012, 09:35 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/intredasting.jpg

:lmao posting pictures of your sister to win an internet argument

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2012, 09:40 PM
lol clowns

CubanSucks
04-22-2012, 09:54 PM
:lmao posting pictures of your sister to win an internet argument

what argument? That bitch either needs to be chained to her fucking chair or not be in that environment at all. I don't care what condition she's has, it's no one elses responsibility

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 10:45 PM
rofl it's great that every ignorant black youtube video has a waka flocka song you can remix it to

FuzzyLumpkins
04-22-2012, 11:34 PM
what argument? That bitch either needs to be chained to her fucking chair or not be in that environment at all. I don't care what condition she's has, it's no one elses responsibility

She definitely needs to be institutionalized if not incarcerated. Her and a gun would be a bad proposition.