PDA

View Full Version : Lakers v. Spurs sponsored by "The Return"

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Let's get this shit started. Kobe most likely will play. Not for any revenge factor but rather to get a few games under his belt before the real games begin.

Lakers rolled the Spurs in game 1. Pop started Splitter in game 2 and returned the favor. If Kobe returns as I expect he will, the Lakers will be at 100% again. MWP and Barnes are ballin. Drew and Pau are holding the paint down. Now the Lakers get Kobe back. If Pop holds out any of his Big 3 in this one I think that will be very telling tbh.

Lakers by 10+ in this one. :toast

VBM
04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
This is probably the last game the Spurs go all-out for. The rest of the sched is pretty weak.

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 04:32 PM
This is probably the last game the Spurs go all-out for. The rest of the sched is pretty weak.

I hope they do. I'd feel cheated if they didn't.

bus driver
04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
just another regular season game :wakeup
means nothing but W and L

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 04:37 PM
just another regular season game :wakeup
means nothing but W and L

I hope the Spur players feel the way you do. This is not the time of year to feel that way. :lol

Reck
04-19-2012, 04:37 PM
You really think Kobe is gonna take less then 5 shots?

Artest and Barnes will be non-factors in this game.

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 04:38 PM

No to your first comment.

Artest and Barnes will lead the second unit.

VBM
04-19-2012, 04:44 PM
The real question is "Will this be the last time these teams face each other this season?" If they end up on opposite sides of the bracket, I think it will be.

MR.SILVER&BLack
04-19-2012, 04:49 PM
kobes going to take away lakers only advantage over the spurs but the question is will kobe coming out looking like young kobe making any & everything he chucks.

Mike brown has been running kobe into the ground all season and the week of rest could do wonders for him. Of course it could have an opposite effect & he could be rusty as hell on friday.

just gonna have to wait and see.

DJB
04-19-2012, 04:49 PM

They will return to themselves once Kome is back.

Robz4000
04-19-2012, 04:57 PM
MWP and Barnes will have minimal impact again. Pau And Drew should continue to rape the Spurs on the boards, but with Kobe running the show and the Spurs having better perimeter defenders they can throw on Kobe, I expect a bit of an easier time for the Spurs. That is, if Kobe doesn't efficiently shoot for 40+ points.

ginobili's bald spot
04-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Barnes plays well with or without Kobe. Artest is the question.

Spur_Fanatic
04-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah, sorry. I don't see them playing well with Kobe back.
It's not Kobe's fault, it's just that they need shots to score.

I'm more interested on how Sessions/Bynum play with Kobe back on the lineup.

DMC
04-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Kobe might not even play tbh. I wouldn't be surprised to see a less than stellar performance by both squads. I doubt it has playoff intensity.

ElNono
04-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I think Lakers will play substantially better than last time and lose only by around 10 points this time around.

I also expect the go-to excuse for GNLF to be "Kobe is rusty :cry"

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2012, 06:31 PM
They damn well better face each other in the playoffs...I've already got $550 due to come my way, not including whatever DPG is willing to donate.

ElNono
04-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Point spread right now at Spurs +3.5...

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Let's get this shit started. Kobe most likely will play. Not for any revenge factor but rather to get a few games under his belt before the real games begin.

Lakers rolled the Spurs in game 1. Pop started Splitter in game 2 and returned the favor. If Kobe returns as I expect he will, the Lakers will be at 100% again. MWP and Barnes are ballin. Drew and Pau are holding the paint down. Now the Lakers get Kobe back. If Pop holds out any of his Big 3 in this one I think that will be very telling tbh.

Lakers by 10+ in this one. :toast

I think Kobe is scared of Capt Jack :hat

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I think Kobe is scared of Capt Jack :hat

Kool got jokes!! Kobe been shitting on him for over a decade!! :lmao :lmao :lmao

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 07:26 PM
I think Lakers will play substantially better than last time and lose only by around 10 points this time around.

I also expect the go-to excuse for GNLF to be "Kobe is rusty :cry"

Quoted for future jokes courtesy of LkrFan. :toast

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Kobe might not even play tbh. I wouldn't be surprised to see a less than stellar performance by both squads. I doubt it has playoff intensity.

Bynum is pissed off as evidenced from him blowing off that post-game interview. He guaranteed a win - with or without Kobe. It'll be intense. We'll see if y'all are tough enough to withstand. That small ball reliant, free lancing, P&R, 3ball offense will be tested. Can't wait. :toast

100%duncan
04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Spurs gon' tap det ass

ElNono
04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Kool got jokes!! Kobe been shitting on him for over a decade!! :lmao :lmao :lmao

Not as a Spur though... last time Jack the Spur played against Kobe...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1032/1418770594_2370f2e356.jpg

ElNono
04-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Bynum is pissed off as evidenced from him blowing off that post-game interview. He guaranteed a win - with or without Kobe. It'll be intense. We'll see if y'all are tough enough to withstand. That small ball reliant, free lancing, P&R, 3ball offense will be tested. Can't wait. :toast

In N' Out will always be there for Drew when he needs to cope with frustration, tbh.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 08:20 PM

The two biggest Kobe haters on TNT Shaq and Barkley seem to think Toothless Jack is the answer to Kobe.

ElNono
04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
The two biggest Kobe haters on TNT Shaq and Barkley seem to think Toothless Jack is the answer to Kobe.

You don't even watch the games. What would you know? :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Point spread right now at Spurs +3.5...

not sure if serious...

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 08:27 PM
You don't even watch the games. What would you know? :lmao

I watch when I feel like it....I'm a man of many talents...shit talking is by far more fun.
And there's pussy....:lol

VBM
04-19-2012, 08:39 PM

Nobody makes Kobe cry his own tears

buttsR4rebounding
04-19-2012, 08:39 PM
It will be interesting to see if LA adjusts to the partial fronting the Spurs used to reduce Bynum's impact. The defense actually is vulnerable to a post entry from the corner. The Lakers failed to make that adjustment all game. I thought it was a failure by both Brown and Sessions not to recognize it. If the Spurs are within 5 rebounds of the Lakers they win. If the Lakers control the boards by more than 10 they win. The Spurs offense has been so incrediblely efficient lately that I do not believe the Lakers can win unless they have substantially more shots.

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 08:51 PM

Dumb (Shaq) and dumber (Barkley) both are certified Kobe haters. I want to see Shaq's expression when Kobe gets #6. It's enough he tried to say it would matter more if TD got more rangs than him moreso than Kobe. We know deep inside his 500lb soul it burns him to no end that Kobe surpassed him in rangs. He has no one blame but his jealousy (and his Krispy Kreme habit). :lol

z0sa
04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Is Kobe confirmed to return tomorrow?

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 08:59 PM

Couple reasons why he'll play.

1) They have 3 games left in the season. He needs to get in a rhythm
2) He's a competitor. No way he sits out against an old rival
3) Because it's the Spurs, he'll play. We may see you guys somewhere down the line
4) This game is important to send you guys a message. TP talked shit saying that they were motivated and delivered a message to the Lakers. Kobe will take those comments as being disrespectful.
5) With 3 games left, and the guys holding it down to the tune of 5-2 with him out, Kobe knows what needs to be added to put us back over the top. This game will help in that effort.

In closing, he'll play. And he will play well. No one on your roster can check Kobe. Not Jack. Not Leonard. Not Bruce Lee Bowen's corpse. Not Beak. No one. You Spur fans will Neal with it and like it. :downspin:

pass1st
04-19-2012, 09:00 PM

"If I have to" - Kobe

Up to Potato Head, I guess

ElNono
04-19-2012, 09:14 PM
not sure if serious...

http://www.sportsbettinglines.com/spurs-vs-lakers-betting-line/

ElNono
04-19-2012, 09:16 PM
I watch when I feel like it

You're the typical frontrunner that give fans of your team a bad name :lol

The Shitstain Fan :lol

TheSkeptic
04-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Couple reasons why he'll play.

1) They have 3 games left in the season. He needs to get in a rhythm
2) He's a competitor. No way he sits out against an old rival
3) Because it's the Spurs, he'll play. We may see you guys somewhere down the line
4) This game is important to send you guys a message. TP talked shit saying that they were motivated and delivered a message to the Lakers. Kobe will take those comments as being disrespectful.
5) With 3 games left, and the guys holding it down to the tune of 5-2 with him out, Kobe knows what needs to be added to put us back over the top. This game will help in that effort.

In closing, he'll play. And he will play well. No one on your roster can check Kobe. Not Jack. Not Leonard. Not Bruce Lee Bowen's corpse. Not Beak. No one. You Spur fans will Neal with it and like it. :downspin:

Come on man. :lol

Kobe playing will completely change things in my opinion and since we don't know who's starting up front for San Antonio it's really tough to predict what's going to happen here.

We'll need to slow down Bynum and we'll need Bonner + the big 3 to play awesome again as well. Hopefully Artest's run of good basketball comes to an end and our perimeter delivers. :/

I think it's most likely going to be a close one regardless of who wins though. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm really excited about this one.

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2012, 09:18 PM
http://www.sportsbettinglines.com/spurs-vs-lakers-betting-line/

That's from last year:rollin

ElNono
04-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I rather Kobe play, tbh... pretty much kills any chance of MWP of doing substantial damage offensively again...

ElNono
04-19-2012, 09:19 PM
That's from last year:rollin

Oh

:rollin

ElNono
04-19-2012, 09:20 PM
I went straight to the betting lines and completely missed the "Coach Phil Jackson..." :lmao

ElNono
04-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Ok... Point spread at SAS +6, money line -110...

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Come on man. :lol

Kobe playing will completely change things in my opinion and since we don't know who's starting up front for San Antonio it's really tough to predict what's going to happen here.

We'll need to slow down Bynum and we'll need Bonner + the big 3 to play awesome again as well. Hopefully Artest's run of good basketball comes to an end and our perimeter delivers. :/

I think it's most likely going to be a close one regardless of who wins though. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm really excited about this one.

That's fine and dandy. That bogus foul call on Artest turned the game a few days ago. 18-0 Spur run ensued and it snoballed from there.

It doesn't matter how Bonner plays. You're fucked if you are depending on "The Red Rocket" :lol

Artest will play his game. He'll put you guys on the low block and go to work. I'm going to sit back and :lmao as it unfolds.

Venti Quattro
04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Eh, we had this game thread planned for Banzai. :(

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Eh, we had this game thread planned for Banzai. :(

Gray Laker Fans are people too. Why can't we start threads?! :cry

Venti Quattro
04-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Because LA won big when Banzai started the game thread...

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Ok... Point spread at SAS +6, money line -110...

:lolIt's SAS -6

ElNono
04-19-2012, 10:01 PM
:lolIt's SAS -6

that was an honest typo :lol

TheSkeptic
04-19-2012, 10:02 PM
That's fine and dandy. That bogus foul call on Artest turned the game a few days ago. 18-0 Spur run ensued and it snoballed from there.

Then I'm sure you can appreciate the reasons why I want Artest to play badly. :D

It doesn't matter how Bonner plays. You're fucked if you are depending on "The Red Rocket" :lol

Yeah he's probably not the best. That said, how does it *not* matter how Bonner plays?

Besides Tim and maybe Diaw he'll likely be seeing the majority of the minutes. :lol

Artest will play his game. He'll put you guys on the low block and go to work. I'm going to sit back and :lmao as it unfolds.

I wouldn't be surprised if that required a change in defensive strategy. I prefer Jax on Artest over Leonard but I still think Jax gives up some size in that match-up. Hopefully Artest stands around on the perimeter and goes back to looking like LAL picked him up yesterday.

Btw, completely offtopic but are you a brother?

ElNono
04-19-2012, 10:02 PM

That's what I was doing last game, tbh :lol

ElNono
04-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Because LA won big when Banzai started the game thread...

:lol LA fucked
:lol Lkrfan jinx
:lol game threads dictating game outcomes

NRHector
04-19-2012, 10:22 PM
I hope Kobe plays

LkrFan
04-19-2012, 10:36 PM
That's what I was doing last game, tbh :lol

:lol

Spurs da champs
04-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Manu gotta watch out, I think the Lakers have some little bounty on him after seeing Barnes little cheap shot & Blake trying to act tough.

DMC
04-20-2012, 12:08 AM
He was pissed off at the exit of last season as evidenced by how he showed his tits on his way out of Dallas during 36.

And?

weebo
04-20-2012, 08:19 AM
LMAO @ hoping banged up ole fuck is the answer to beating the Spurs

I hope that son of a bitch gets a little bit nostalgic and goes into chuck mode thinking he's still prime.

If the lakers want this one they're going to have to feed Tits Bynum in the post when Bonner is in the game.:lmao:lmao

:flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2:

VBM
04-20-2012, 01:30 PM
This game thread isn't official :cry

Legacy
04-20-2012, 06:59 PM

HAWT DAAAYYYUUMMM!! :lmao