PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 5, records teacher berating him in class

RandomGuy
04-19-2012, 06:14 PM
JJ8CiHFqhF8

Hmmm.

End result:

http://newsandtribune.com/floydcounty/x1048528212/Mark-Kessans-said-only-mistake-Kristen-Woodward-made-was-not-expelling-the-child

(teacher resigned)

NOt sure what to make of it.

[Top school administrator Mark ]Kessans said the teacher told the administration repeatedly that she was having trouble handing Gabriel Ross, but the administration did not help her.

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2012, 06:28 PM
[Top school administrator Mark ]Kessans said the teacher told the administration repeatedly that she was having trouble handing Gabriel Ross, but the administration did not help her.

Better news for the family...sue the school system

Sense
04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
What the fuck was a 5 year old doing that was so bad that would have gotten him expelled? Seriously? Kids are kids... There should have been some sort of parent-teacher conference had the kid been that bad.

CubanSucks
04-19-2012, 06:56 PM
The teacher's an asshole just because the kid is so young.

"When you treat a child like they're bad, they're gonna be bad."

lol uhh, what the fuck are you talking about? No surprise the mom of the child that apparently gave the teacher so many problems appears trashy

Spursfan092120
04-19-2012, 07:17 PM
What the fuck was a 5 year old doing that was so bad that would have gotten him expelled? Seriously? Kids are kids... There should have been some sort of parent-teacher conference had the kid been that bad.

Kid wasn't expelled. The parents took him out of the school after they heard the recording.

Sense
04-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Kid wasn't expelled. The parents took him out of the school after they heard the recording.

I know this, but if you read the second part.. the "teacher's side" regrets not expelling the kid.

I'm just wondering what exactly was so bad from a 5 year old that would have warranted that.

Spursfan092120
04-19-2012, 07:48 PM
I know this, but if you read the second part.. the "teacher's side" regrets not expelling the kid.

I'm just wondering what exactly was so bad from a 5 year old that would have warranted that.

Oh...didn't get that far, sorry. Yeah, I have no idea. he's a freaking 5 year old kid. What did they expect?

benefactor
04-19-2012, 07:55 PM
My wife would have beaten the shit out of her.

William Hung
04-19-2012, 08:07 PM
It's fun to do bad things.

DMC
04-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Like to see what grand parents are like.

When you have your soon recording the teacher, you know your son has some fucking issues. Dad needs someone to kick his ass.

mrsmaalox
04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
How strange if there had never been any kind of teacher to parent communication regarding the kid's behavior. Documentation of such a meeting should be easy enough to find if it occurred, as well as her documentation of requests for assistance from school officials.

The link is from 2009, states the kid was 7 years old at that time; it would be interesting to know if the kid has continued to be a behavior problem in the 5 years since the recording was made.

IWantsACuatro
04-19-2012, 08:28 PM
All of these coddled people. I had MUCH worse from the nuns. Chalkboard erasers flying at me, yard sticks smacking my knuckles, threats of damnation, etc.

Now I'm a fine human being, and you can be too.

CubanSucks
04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
My wife would have beaten the shit out of her.

I'm guessing your wife is also on the trashy, bitchy, ghetto side, amirite?

benefactor
04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm guessing your wife is also on the trashy, bitchy, ghetto side, amirite?
Nope...just doesn't take any shit when it comes to her daughter. We have a code...you don't fuck with the spouse and you don't fuck with the kids. It's on if you do.

CubanSucks
04-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Nope...just doesn't take any shit when it comes to her daughter. We have a code...you don't fuck with the spouse and you don't fuck with the kids. It's on if you do.

That's such shitty modern parenting logic: It's ALWAYS someone elses fault because God knows my sweet little angel would never act up at school. So even if your kid is being a disruptive little turd in the classroom it's a complete no no to discipline her? I'm not even talking about the above story anymore because I even think she went over the line for a 5 yr old.

fraga
04-19-2012, 09:24 PM
I can't stand how these fucking teachers these days expect 5 year olds to act like adults...they're kids you fuckhead...if I can't sit at my desk for 30 minutes at a time...how the fuck do you expect little kids to do the same...they're kids...talk to them and treat them like kids...like give them some damn room to be a kid...my son had a bunch of these fucking teachers...always sending notes in his folder...how about you fucking be engaging and not boring as shit...maybe your kids will pay attention more...

SpurinDallas
04-19-2012, 09:36 PM

Same here. You can insult me all you want. You fuck with my wife and kids, its on. My wife is a little firecracker. You mess with our kids, I feel sorry for that person.

Das Texan
04-19-2012, 09:58 PM
When I have kids, I hope the teacher beats the crap out of my kid if they are acting like a jackass.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah but what if they're indeed guilty of what they're being accused of? I get the whole "that's my wittle baby" but come on...... Im not saying I agree with what this teacher did but if there were documented instances of this kid acting up then you have to wonder.

I wouldn't put it past these people if they're simply looking for a payday. Why would you call something that caught someone berating your kid, an "investment"???

CubanSucks
04-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Same here. You can insult me all you want. You fuck with my wife and kids, its on. My wife is a little firecracker. You mess with our kids, I feel sorry for that person.

:rolleyes Holy crap. Real tough guy

I wouldn't put it past these people if they're simply looking for a payday. Why would you call something that caught someone berating your kid, an "investment"???

DING DING DING! I'd bet that this is the exact reason the school administration apparently never helped her. They hoped it would just work itself out for fear of the parents questioning why they weren't able to make their kid fit in in the classroom. This is the exact order of events that is killing public schools in America. I saw it a million times when I was in school and I've heard a million stories from both my parents who are teachers

>chronically disruptive kid in class
>teacher disciplines kid to the best of their ability
>kid gets put right back in that class after a few days of detention/suspension
>kid miraculously doesn't change after their "discipline"
>the school's higher ups never up the punishment do to fear of parents taking legal action or even complaints and community outcry
>class productivity goes down

I laugh every time I hear people on the news talking about public school choice and how it's a solution. What would happen in a perfect society: those kids who never give a damn about their grades and making a scene in class get kicked out of fucking school and get a head start at working at McDonalds.

IWantsACuatro
04-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Why don't yall home-school your kids if you don't want them to be punished? I was a little shit in school, and I deserved every detention/red card/ISS/public scolding I had. I didn't go home crying about it either. Actually, I was embarassed about it.

Though I do agree Kindergarten should be about having the most engaging and fun lessons before real life hell starts in 1st.

O.J. Simpson
04-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm sure the kid's a fucking asshole.

thispego
04-19-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what the teacher said. It's all true probably

FuzzyLumpkins
04-19-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm sure the kid's a fucking asshole.

I can see that. it might not to have occurred to some but some kids really are assholes.

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2012, 10:55 PM
If a kid is THAT bad at 5 years old then you have failed them as a parent.

Reck
04-19-2012, 11:45 PM
If a kid is THAT bad at 5 years old then you have failed them as a parent.

Another Latarian in the works, trashy parents.

Sense
04-20-2012, 12:46 AM
lol at the

MESS WITH MY WIFE OR KIDS AND YOU DEAD FOO

Sense
04-20-2012, 12:46 AM
dp!

MANGINA
04-20-2012, 12:48 AM

:flipoff I'd tell my kid to kick your kid's ass if he were acting like an asshole in class. That is a major problem with kids these days is that mommy and daddy think their precious kids is perfect.

MANGINA
04-20-2012, 12:49 AM

Goran Dragic
04-20-2012, 12:57 AM
If the teacher really has gone to administration and they did nothing, it's just as much their fault as it is her fault.

That said, she signed up to be a kindergarten teacher. 5 year old kids act up, it happens.

DMC
04-20-2012, 01:22 AM
How strange if there had never been any kind of teacher to parent communication regarding the kid's behavior. Documentation of such a meeting should be easy enough to find if it occurred, as well as her documentation of requests for assistance from school officials.

The link is from 2009, states the kid was 7 years old at that time; it would be interesting to know if the kid has continued to be a behavior problem in the 5 years since the recording was made.
So do you think the teacher, in her tenure, never encountered a difficult child?

When the media gets involved, all truths are out the window and it's a fucking witch hunt. Judges and any low level officials refuse to participate and schools want no part of it.

There can never be justice when the mass media steers a story in the direction they want it to go and it takes hold. Suddenly there are 300 million judges who've never heard the case, ready to pass judgement.

benefactor
04-20-2012, 05:41 AM
To clarify...I don't think my kid is perfect...and there is a good chance that none of this would have happened if it was my kid because after one or two complaints from my kid that the teacher was being mean I would have been at the school trying to figure out what was going on. I also don't coddle my kid either...hell, she's right in the middle of losing something she was really looking forward to because her grades have slipped.

But calling a 5 yr old kid "pathetic" and "ignorant" is not ok. The teacher scolds the kid about all the days of dealing with the behavior, but at the same time she has done very little to change the situation. Notes on a folder are useless. If it has gotten this far then why hasn't she contacted the parents for a parent/teacher conference?

I admit I was irriated initally when hearing the video and overreacted a bit. There seemingly has been failure on both sides in this situation. This never should have gone on for months. One of the two parties(parent/teacher) should have intiated dialogue with the other a long time ago.

mouse
04-20-2012, 06:38 AM
149 days?

Props to the teacher!
that was 148 days longer than I would have lasted.

that kid needed was.....

http://yesteryearsnews.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/teacher-spanking.jpg

SpurinDallas
04-20-2012, 08:20 AM
:flipoff I'd tell my kid to kick your kid's ass if he were acting like an asshole in class. That is a major problem with kids these days is that mommy and daddy think their precious kids is perfect.

You're exactly right. I'm lucky that I have a 12 yr old daughter that has the fear of God in her. She doesn't even say bad words, which I hear kids throw out a lot these days. Bad parenting = Bad kids

manufan10
04-20-2012, 09:41 AM
There are kids that are just tough to deal with. No matter what you try to do to fix the problems, nothing works. Teachers, even schools, are limited in the ways they can discipline kids. It's even worse when the parents won't cooperate with the school. Some of you may not understand the frustrations of dealing with kids who just don't care and have attitude problems.

mrsmaalox
04-20-2012, 09:45 AM
So do you think the teacher, in her tenure, never encountered a difficult child?

When the media gets involved, all truths are out the window and it's a fucking witch hunt. Judges and any low level officials refuse to participate and schools want no part of it.

There can never be justice when the mass media steers a story in the direction they want it to go and it takes hold. Suddenly there are 300 million judges who've never heard the case, ready to pass judgement.

Oh I'm absolutely sure she's encountered many difficult children. I'm just saying that if the kid was as serious a problem as the school officials are claiming, there should be plenty of documentation from her and them, thus invalidating the witch hunt. If there is no documentation that proper channels (such as parent-teacher conferences) were followed then it casts a very suspicious light on the entire thing and it's no wonder people were up in arms over it.

I'm not making a judgement for either side because there's just too much we don't know about it. But like I pointed out earlier, this is a pretty old story----apparently the recording took place circa 2007; in the 5 years that have passed, it would be interesting to know if that kid has since been plagued by behavior problems or has moved on happily and well-adjusted. That would give us a better idea of who (teacher vs. kid) was the problem here.

manufan10
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Oh I'm absolutely sure she's encountered many difficult children. I'm just saying that if the kid was as serious a problem as the school officials are claiming, there should be plenty of documentation from her and them, thus invalidating the witch hunt. If there is no documentation that proper channels (such as parent-teacher conferences) were followed then it casts a very suspicious light on the entire thing and it's no wonder people were up in arms over it.

I'm not making a judgement for either side because there's just too much we don't know about it. But like I pointed out earlier, this is a pretty old story----apparently the recording took place circa 2007; in the 5 years that have passed, it would be interesting to know if that kid has since been plagued by behavior problems or has moved on happily and well-adjusted. That would give us a better idea of who (teacher vs. kid) was the problem here.

Great point. I'd like to know if the kid was in and out of the alternative school, what his school record looks like now. Like you said, it would be a good indicator of what was going on.

clambake
04-20-2012, 10:10 AM
"ok, this is how you turn it on. make sure the volume on the mic is up."

Viva Las Espuelas
04-20-2012, 10:29 AM
"Make mommy and daddy proud"

clambake
04-20-2012, 10:35 AM
"make sure not to argue with her when you start recording"

Viva Las Espuelas
04-20-2012, 10:43 AM

http://benchmarkitconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bingoosdsihdskj.gif

"Investment" :lmao

resistanze
04-20-2012, 10:50 AM
LOL, yeah I'd love to see the whole taping the parents probably did for 2 weeks. Probably has their son acting like a jackass. I wish teachers could beat kids.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-20-2012, 11:02 AM
LOL, yeah I'd love to see the whole taping the parents probably did for 2 weeks. Probably has their son acting like a jackass. I wish teachers could beat kids.

Yeah. I didn't even think of that

"Now, baby. You gotta make mommy and daddy a little more prouder today. I know you can do it, honeybear. Here's a yummy candy bar for you loaded with sugar to help you make mommy and daddy more mon, I mean, more prouder. Mommy loves you. Muah"

resistanze
04-20-2012, 11:04 AM

"Now, baby. You gotta make mommy and daddy a little more prouder today. I know you can do it, honeybear. Here's a yummy candy bar for you loaded with sugar to help you make mommy and daddy more mon, I mean, more prouder. Mommy loves you. Muah"

:lol

Viva Las Espuelas
04-20-2012, 11:05 AM
And I just did a quick Google and there's stories about this from May of '08. ???????
Were you that encapsulated by this story, RG?

BlairForceDejuan
04-20-2012, 11:25 AM
lol puss america

manufan10
04-20-2012, 11:33 AM
"ok, this is how you turn it on. make sure the volume on the mic is up."

"Make mommy and daddy proud"

:lmao

mingus
04-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Some kids do not belong in a classroom unmedicated. If his mom didn't sound like a retard I would advise homeschooling.

clambake
04-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Some kids do not belong in a classroom unmedicated. If his mom didn't sound like a retard I would advise homeschooling.

yep, pretty sure she's already taught him everything she knows.

CubanSucks
04-20-2012, 02:58 PM
There are kids that are just tough to deal with. No matter what you try to do to fix the problems, nothing works. Teachers, even schools, are limited in the ways they can discipline kids. It's even worse when the parents won't cooperate with the school. Some of you may not understand the frustrations of dealing with kids who just don't care and have attitude problems.

>chronically disruptive kid in class
>teacher disciplines kid to the best of their ability
>kid gets put right back in that class after a few days of detention/suspension
>kid miraculously doesn't change after their "discipline"
>the school's higher ups never up the punishment do to fear of parents taking legal action or even complaints and community outcry
>class productivity goes down

I laugh every time I hear people on the news talking about public school choice and how it's a solution. What would happen in a perfect society: those kids who never give a damn about their grades and making a scene in class get kicked out of fucking school and get a head start at working at McDonalds.

for the people who've never worked in education or who went to very nice schools, they don't believe that some kids just don't care to learn. To them there's always something that can be done to get them to be interested. This is the failed mentality behind 'no child left behind'

Stringer_Bell
04-20-2012, 06:48 PM
From the testimony in this thread, it's quite clear that little kid is a shithead. The teacher handled it diplomatically, calling upon the kid's classmates to draw his attention to his shitty behavior when he clearly doesn't listen to teachers (and his parents obviously have set no boundaries for him). That boy did not belong in that classroom, and the parents are lucky he wasn't kicked out earlier.

So I wonder, where are the people in this story now?

mouse
04-21-2012, 04:19 AM

:lmao

mouse
04-21-2012, 04:22 AM
for the people who've never worked in education or who went to very nice schools, they don't believe that some kids just don't care to learn. To them there's always something that can be done to get them to be interested. This is the failed mentality behind 'no child left behind'

http://www.erinandbart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/tree_hugger.jpg

leemajors
04-21-2012, 09:35 AM
You're exactly right. I'm lucky that I have a 12 yr old daughter that has the fear of God in her. She doesn't even say bad words, which I hear kids throw out a lot these days. Bad parenting = Bad kids

I guarantee you your kid says bad words. She's probably just smart enough not to say them around you.

Nathan89
04-21-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't see anything wrong with what the teacher said. It's all true probably

this is stupid.