PDA

View Full Version : What should Mavs do seriously

jermaine
04-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Should they tank for 7th seed to play OKC or try to stay in 6th to face the Fakers. As a Spurs fan, I'm rooting the Mavs to end up in the 7th seed so they can either beat OKC or take them to a game 7 to wear them down. Durrant an Westbrook has been going full speed all yr long. Their juice gotta give out soon or later.

fitzgerald
04-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Avoid Lakers. Play anyone else.

Venti Quattro
04-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Tank for the Spurs. I don't know if they can win, but they can inflict serious damage on the Spurs.

If they can get the Clippers (by them overtaking the Grizz or the Lakers dropping to 4th), then that's better for them.

hater
04-20-2012, 09:34 AM
:( my mavs are cannon fodder at this point

Mel_13
04-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Tank for the Spurs. I don't know if they can win, but they can inflict serious damage on the Spurs.

If they can get the Clippers (by them overtaking the Grizz or the Lakers dropping to 4th), then that's better for them.

To effectively tank, they'll have to lose at home to a Golden State team that is tanking hard themselves.

Venti Quattro
04-20-2012, 09:44 AM
To effectively tank, they'll have to lose at home to a Golden State team that is tanking hard themselves.

Holy shit that'd take a Herculean effort to lose

Dex
04-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Holy shit that'd take a Herculean effort to lose

Just start playing exclusively through Ian Mahinmi.

Mel_13
04-20-2012, 09:57 AM
If Cuban's Plan was to open his checkbook for 2013 to sign Dwight(ow my back) Howard and Williams then he should have been tanking the whole season. I'm sure Dirk could have found some injury to miss the majority of the season. Does Dallas even have a first rounder in this years draft?

They traded it in the Odom trade, but it's top 20 protected. As of today, they pick 19th.

Latarian Milton
04-20-2012, 09:59 AM
mavs ain't beatin no one in the playoffs tbh, they're getting bounced in the 1st round whoever they play

TE
04-20-2012, 10:13 AM

I think they could inflict serious damage on the Lakers, so let them in their current spot.

Killakobe81
04-20-2012, 02:04 PM
I think they could inflict serious damage on the Lakers, so let them in their current spot.

Serious Damage? Doubtful. But I agree they wont go down without a fight I think they take 2 games from LAkers, OKC or Spurs and have a real shot of beating Clips or Grizz tbh ...

lurker
04-20-2012, 03:14 PM
It doesn't matter who they play, they're going to crash and burn either way.

:flag:

Fergie The Florists
04-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Serious Damage? Doubtful. But I agree they wont go down without a fight I think they take 2 games from LAkers, OKC or Spurs and have a real shot of beating Clips or Grizz tbh ...

Acting like the Lakers are that good that the defending champs can't beat em :lol Pau will get dominated by Dirk once again, Bryant will take 40 shots a game trying to prove Marion cant guard him, Bynum will average 5 touches a game, Barnes and Blake will be non factors when it matters most, Artest will play like.... well ... Artest and continue to take ill advised shots and brick em, Sessions will learn what playoff ball is all about. You know.... per the usual

Frenzy
04-20-2012, 05:11 PM
What if both teams that are playing each other.. both wanna tank? :lol

Imagine really bad passes and air balls. Oops did I tip it in by accident? It'd be like watching the wnba.

TimmehC
04-20-2012, 05:30 PM
They traded it in the Odom trade, but it's top 20 protected. As of today, they pick 19th.
:lol both teams got screwed

mavsfan1000
04-20-2012, 06:49 PM
The Mavs are done. As painful as it is for me to say. What is amazing is they won it on their last possible chance before their age caught up with them.

LkrFan
04-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I could care less what seed they get. They are one and done regardless.