PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Have No Heart.

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
I can't take this shit any more, after every big play we make, they score another 5 on us, and we had no fucking ass defense.

They only competed for 2 quarters instead of 4. I don't blame T park for quitting, after all, our spurs just fucking choked again. The worst part about it was we looked pretty good in the first half, but we just died out and let fucking rip and chauncy do whatever they fucking want. Sheed, Ben...they were NO factor in this win. Prince had too many fucking offensive rebounds, and the one play where the Pistons got 2 offensive boards killed us. They kick it out to a wide open Sheed for 3. After that play, I knew it was over.

The Spurs better win game 7, I am not waiting another fucking year for the next play-offs after a choking season. What is up with the Spurs going up 2-0 and fucking blowing it. I was so pissed after last year how we rolled over and died, but here I am 1 year later, watching our Spurs showing no heart once again.

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
We only forced 5 turnovers...let's fucking start playing defense...and 2 blocked shots...

atlfan25
06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
:sleep

Spurminator
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Same tired cliche. Every loss is due to a lack of heart. It's an easy out for anyone who doesn't have a clue what they're watching.

Detroit was better.

bdubya
06-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Your team is going to Game 7 in the Finals against the defending champs, with HCA on their side; if you're gonna dis their heart at this point, you might want to consider purple&gold.....

2centsworth
06-21-2005, 11:05 PM
detroit shot lights out

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm not blaming the loss on lack of heart, I am simply stating the fact that they have no heart.

Nikos
06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Spurs are the better team on both ends. And yet they might end up losing the series.

The way I see it is Detroit is mentally tougher. Nothing more, nothing less. The Spurs should defnetely have won this series, and if they lose it, it will be a choke job, much like last season.

Weak mentally.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Stupid thread. Maybe Detroit is just that good? Maybe the difference between these teams is smaller than anyone expected?

Sense
I'm not blaming the loss on lack of heart, I am simply stating the fact that they have no heart.

Jump off the bandwagon.... Please we don't need fans like you.

Dre_7
Al, you jumpin off too?

Am I the only one not jumpin off??? :lol

JamStone
06-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Some of you Spurs fans are so fickle after a loss. Spurs did not play their best game tonite. But, be loyal to your team. Believe in your team.

Maybe the Detroit Pistons just showed you that they have the HEART OF A CHAMPION. But, that does not mean the Spurs players do not have heart.

Dre_7
06-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Spurs in 7. Dont worry Al, if the Spurs win, you can jump back on the bandwagon!!

Uncle_Rico
06-21-2005, 11:17 PM
they have heart, just only for a half. i guess the number one team in defense forgot how to play d in finals.

Alchal
06-21-2005, 11:19 PM
And the number 2 defense plays it just fine.

TDMVPDPOY
spurs had the greater heart of will, but the nerves wasnt there

Dre_7
Both teams brought it. Detroit was just better. These are 2 very even teams. Its one game. Spurs have to outplay Detroit and hope they dont make every single contested shot. If the Spurs didnt have heart, they woulda folded early in the 4th.

ZStomp
06-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I wish all the posers that are quitters now..why don't you all pull a TPark....that would be nice.

hussker
06-21-2005, 11:23 PM
It was typical PDWS (Post Dave Weak Shit)...Tony and Manu drive their asses off to get to the iron in the first half and Timmy fucks it all up. He is reeking, and if any of you nay sayers disbelieve, check the stats!

duncan2k5
06-21-2005, 11:24 PM
come on guys dont bach alvarez. he is wrong saying we have no heart, but we definitely lack mental toughness certain times in games. we dont show any effort. we dont force turnovers, grab boards, we allow ppl to push us around. were soft. i never believed it till tonight. they better prove me wrong game 7. i hate waiting a whole year. especially if i have to hear about how good detroit is during that whole year.

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 07:45 AM
When did I fucking say that I was giving up?

I never said that I was jumping off you fuckers...

NZHayden
06-22-2005, 07:49 AM
hey guys i dont think alvarez is jumping off the wagon, hes been pretty fuckin dedicated to the spurs. dont worry alvarez i got your back! lol

NoMoneyDown
06-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Your team is going to Game 7 in the Finals against the defending champs, with HCA on their side; if you're gonna dis their heart at this point, you might want to consider purple&gold.....

:tu

ambchang
06-22-2005, 08:05 AM
How about Detroit having different players step up big time at different spots of the game. THe Spurs didn't play that crappy, there were mistakes, but no game is perfect. Hey, even the Pistons didn't play a perfect game, it's just that the Spurs made more mistakes.
There is no way Hamilton will be able to go off again in the series. Bowen played tough tough defense on him, he just scored. It's tough to do that to Bowen 3 times in 7 games (and twice in a row). Billups is amazing, maybe draft of 97 wasn't all Duncan.
Anyways, Detroit is not the only team that can play pressure ball. How do you think Ginobili won the Gold medal? Those were one and out games.

CubanMustGo
06-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Amazing how a team with "no heart" got it back within one with under three minutes to go. Detroit executed down the stretch ... Spurs didn't. And Detroit had a lot to do with the Spurs' lack of execution:

(1:46) [SAN] Ginobili Layup Shot: Missed Block: B. Wallace (2 BLK)
(1:16) [SAN] Ginobili Turnover: Bad Pass (3 TO) Steal: R. Wallace (2 ST)
(0:45) [SAN] Parker Jump Shot: Missed
(0:43) [SAN] Duncan Layup Shot: Missed Block: B. Wallace (3 BLK)
(0:40) [SAN] Duncan Layup Shot: Missed
(0:35) [SAN] Ginobili Jump Shot: Missed

We still have Game 7 at home Thursday night. It's not going to be easy, but there is room for a LOT of improvement in SA's game.

That said, it WOULD be nice if someone could discover the ability to hit a mid-range jumper.

Ishta
06-22-2005, 09:20 AM
We will see the heart on Thursday, and the Spurs will win.

DarrinS
06-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Same tired cliche. Every loss is due to a lack of heart. It's an easy out for anyone who doesn't have a clue what they're watching.

Detroit was better.

Well said.

j_epsilon
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
they seriously thought the pistons were gonna crawl over and die...the spurs keep doing this shit time and time again...if they lose game 7, they deserve to lose game 7...it is pathetic the way they approached game 6, i didn't know if i was watching the spurs or the some high school basketball team...i wans't surprised the spurs lost game 6 and i won't be surprised if they lose game 7...hopefully i will be proven wrong...

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Alvarez, I think you need to change your password, because AggieHoopsFan hacked your profile and is posting under your screen name.

The Mask
06-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Spurs are the better team on both ends. And yet they might end up losing the series.

The way I see it is Detroit is mentally tougher. Nothing more, nothing less. The Spurs should defnetely have won this series, and if they lose it, it will be a choke job, much like last season.

Weak mentally.

The Spurs are clearly not the better team on both ends.

Spurminator
06-22-2005, 10:39 AM
they seriously thought the pistons were gonna crawl over and die

And you base this on what? Losing the game?

You guys take it so personally that the Spurs lost that you cannot fathom the concept of a team simply PLAYING BETTER THAN THEM. So you throw out buzz phrases and question their heart or drive, because you don't know any better. Has it ever occurred to any of you that a team can play with heart and passion and still lose?

Fuck that shit. The Spurs came out hard. They attacked. Even Brent Barry played with nuts. But the Pistons hit more shots.

j_epsilon
06-22-2005, 10:45 AM
And you base this on what? Losing the game?

You guys take it so personally that the Spurs lost that you cannot fathom the concept of a team simply PLAYING BETTER THAN THEM. So you throw out buzz phrases and question their heart or drive, because you don't know any better. Has it ever occurred to any of you that a team can play with heart and passion and still lose?

Fuck that shit. The Spurs came out hard. They attacked. Even Brent Barry played with nuts. But the Pistons hit more shots.

i never questioned the spurs heart...but, in 2003 steve kerr saved the spurs asses from losing to dallas, this year robert horry saved their asses from detroit, in game 5 at least...my question is what are the spurs going to do for clutch plays without a steve kerr or a robert horry?

the only thing i question about the spurs IS WHEN THE FUCK IS THIS TEAM GONNA GET A KILLER INSTINCT!!!!!...you cannot tell me that they have a killer instinct because they don't!

and of course detroit played better because they have a killer instinct, they live for this pressure shit...spurs need to get off this softass style and kick detroit while it's down!

come on man, don't lie to yourself by saying "spurs came out attacked"...they didn't, face it, don't be biased...

Spurminator
06-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Bias is when you can't fathom another team being good enough to beat your team unless your team doesn't have the right mental preparation.

j_epsilon
06-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Bias is when you can't fathom another team being good enough to beat your team unless your team doesn't have the right mental preparation.

we could go back and forth with this...i already said detroit played better, it was fucking obvious, detroit came to win!...see you can't even fucking admit the spurs didn't have the killer instint or didn't come out in attack mode...now you my friend are biased...

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Right now, Spurs = Pistons.

They are mirror images of each other practically. Both teams have heart. Both teams played hard. Both teams made great plays, and made very dumb plays. We just tend to see the Spurs mistakes as more obvious because a) they lost, and b) they're our team.

That said, I think Game 7 will be decided by luck. That's right. Some shots will go in, some won't, and luck is as big a factor as anything.

So if anything, wish Spurs good luck. It's a 50/50 game, and I like those odds! :D

Spurminator
06-22-2005, 11:21 AM
see you can't even fucking admit the spurs didn't have the killer instint or didn't come out in attack mode

I've seen games where the Spurs didn't attack. This wasn't one of them. They attacked, they didn't convert.

- They got to the line more times than any other game this series except for Game 2.

- They outscored Detroit in the paint for the first time since Game 1.

- They outrebounded Detroit.

Blaming a lack of killer instinct is a cop out. If we had played the same exact game and Detroit had missed a few more threes and we had hit a few more, there would have been nothing but praise for the Spurs' approach.

But since we had a chance to close them out and we didn't, the Go-To Analysis is that the Spurs are soft, or they lack killer instinct.

ZappaFan
06-22-2005, 11:32 AM
There's a big difference between heart and poise. Pistons had just a little more poise down the stretch. Spurs looks like a little bit rattled at the end. Not a LOT, but just a little. That gave the Pistons the edge and they win a close game, a game certainly closer than the final margin.

There's a very fine line between winning and losing. It's really doing a great disservice to both teams to say that the losing team just choked. That's a load of uninformed bullcrap.

Both of these teams have a lot of heart. Anybody that can't see that doesn't know their basketball.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-22-2005, 11:38 AM
if you think about, had it not been for some miraculous play from Horry, this series should already been finished with Detroit winning in 6, and the spurs falling apart similiar to last years playoffs. the spurs never played with a sense of urgency or desperation. nazr has totally dissapeared, parker needs to stop taking outside jumpshots and not shoot anything unless his within six inches of the rim cuz even his floaters arent going down. TD needs more shots, but i think sheed is defending him too well so that if TD needs 30+ points he's gonna need at least 20 shots to get them. and our biggest problem has been our lack of bench play. we're supposed to be the deepest team in the league yet not one bench player is stepping up. our big 3 can keep us in the game but we need just ONE bench player who can get us over the hump or give us that extra push. its hard to have faith in a team that constantly throws games away the way this spurs team always seems to do. you also have to factor in the lack of game 7 experience in the Duncan era and detroits multiple game 7 experience and things just dont look good for us at all. i hope to god we get a energized determine spurs team out of the gates, cuz no on said winning this thing would be easy. yes the pistons deserve tons fo credit for hitting a lot of tough well covered shots, but similiar to when seattle talked all that shit after gm 3 only to have us even further embarassed in game 4, i hope someone on the spurs can take offense to sheed's championship belt the same way pistons took offense to our championship parade plans and came out with anger and hunger.

msufan420
06-22-2005, 11:51 AM
I have one suggestion for Spurs fans today....TURN OFF YOUR RADIO DURING "THE DRIVE"...B Cox is gonna have a field day.

DarkReign
06-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Spurminator and MadDog are the only level-heads in this thread (so far).

I love my Pistons. They defy odds. They eat, sleep and breath for moments like this! I didnt watch SanAntonio this year as I am probably right you SA fans didnt watch the Stones this year either. But, Detroit has an innate HUNGER for beating the odds. They relish the chance to set weird-ass records like a) no one has ever won the 3 road games in a 2-3-2 format (Pistons, 1990) b) no team has ever won the 3 home games in a 2-3-2 format (Pistons, 2004) c) no team has ever won game 6 on the road going in down 3-2 (Pistons, 2005).

BUT!

Nobody has won shit yet. The only thing the Pistons did was stay alive. There is STILL a game 7, on the road, against the only team I have ever feared.

I pray for only one thing! One thing only!

Refs...stay the hell out of this. Let the players decide this year's champion. That goes BOTH ways.

caspian
06-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Stupid thread. Maybe Detroit is just that good? Maybe the difference between these teams is smaller than anyone expected?

It is possible...

...but, on paper, most agree that the Spurs are more talented as a team and "should" win (look at all the predictions; including Vegas).

I think the posts are right. The Spurs have always lacked a killer instinct, a mental edge, the burning desire to prove something, and prove something with aplomb. This mental fortitude is seriously the only weakness I see in the Spurs...other than that, we are downright scary...near-perfect even. But lacking mental fortitude is a big, big deal...especially against the Pistons who seem to overachieve by shear will-power.

I thought Parker and Ginobili were bringing the athleticism necessary to be able to have some 'tude...but, damn, we are still too hesitant, too afraid...not enough confidence in themselves and themselves alone.

Players that have that make their shots (even tough ones), make their free throws, win when it counts, demoralize other teams...i.e. what the Pistons did. They are so retardedly cocky, it's annoying...but it helps their mental state.

angel_luv
06-22-2005, 12:23 PM
The Spurs all have the hearts of Champions. They have captured the heart of this city as well as hearts all over the world. The Spurs have heart in spades!

MOTOWNS_FINEST
06-22-2005, 01:02 PM
I can't take this shit any more, after every big play we make, they score another 5 on us, and we had no fucking ass defense.

They only competed for 2 quarters instead of 4. I don't blame T park for quitting, after all, our spurs just fucking choked again. The worst part about it was we looked pretty good in the first half, but we just died out and let fucking rip and chauncy do whatever they fucking want. Sheed, Ben...they were NO factor in this win. Prince had too many fucking offensive rebounds, and the one play where the Pistons got 2 offensive boards killed us. They kick it out to a wide open Sheed for 3. After that play, I knew it was over.

The Spurs better win game 7, I am not waiting another fucking year for the next play-offs after a choking season. What is up with the Spurs going up 2-0 and fucking blowing it. I was so pissed after last year how we rolled over and died, but here I am 1 year later, watching our Spurs showing no heart once again.

ALVAREZ>>> I told you after game 2 that the Spurs have just as much talent as we do, but they DONT HAVE ANY HEART. I guess you see what I mean now...LOL. Bottom-line if we hang around in game 7 do me a favor, take a look at the Spurs faces and take a look at the Pistons' faces. You'll notice a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LOOK...LOL. If you game 7 of the Miami series there was one PISTON who went to the FT line smiling :D knowing he had to knock down 2 clutch FT's. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. The same guy is who wasnt voted onto the ALL-STAR team for reasons I still dont see. My point is WE LIVE FOR THIS....and if you dont believe me just glance at the faces in crunch-time and you'll see what I mean...LOL!!! YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

T Park
06-22-2005, 01:09 PM
The Spurs showed heart last night??

I could tell when the Pistons constantly got offensive rebounds and scored on em.

Right right.

When guys like Prince, Billups, Hamilton all went down the lane easily.

Yeah, fantastic heart.

caspian
06-22-2005, 01:11 PM
ALVAREZ>>> I told you after game 2 that the Spurs have just as much talent as we do, but they DONT HAVE ANY HEART. I guess you see what I mean now...LOL. Bottom-line if we hang around in game 7 do me a favor, take a look at the Spurs faces and take a look at the Pistons' faces. You'll notice a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LOOK...LOL. If you game 7 of the Miami series there was one PISTON who went to the FT line smiling :D knowing he had to knock down 2 clutch FT's. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. The same guy is who wasnt voted onto the ALL-STAR team for reasons I still dont see. My point is WE LIVE FOR THIS....and if you dont believe me just glance at the faces in crunch-time and you'll see what I mean...LOL!!! YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

This is a lot of assumptive and specious reasoning. You're making blanket statements about people's psychological profiles that you can't possibly know. Wearing a Piston's jersey doesn't give one heart any more than wearing a Spurs jersey takes away Horry's.

If this just helps you feel better about your team, fine. Otherwise, looking at people's faces is going to tell you nothing except *maybe* who won or who lost the game.