PDA

View Full Version : Detroit TOOK this game.

Spurminator
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Detroit took this game, plain and simple. It wasn't about the Spurs' lack of heart, it wasn't about the free throw shooting, it wasn't about turnovers, it wasn't about the refs. This game was about Detroit getting every shot they needed to fall, and making every stop they needed to make.

The Spurs came out to play, and Detroit came out and outplayed them. They were better tonight. You guys can ramble on about the same tired bullshit about heart, killer instinct, whatever... I give 100% credit to Detroit. They played like Champions... and we played like runners up (which isn't usually a bad thing unless you're playing Champions.)

Nikos
06-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Duncan wasn't a factor on offense for most of this game. He was kind of an afterthought. Racking up stats, but not really impacting the game like he should.

And his defense was flat out bad. Hunter drove on him for christ sakes.

Duncan has to dominate next game, plain and simple.

ALVAREZ6
No, we gave it to them.

Merry Christmas Detroit!

Horry For 3!
We could of defended the 3 better. The 3 killed the Spurs.

DarkReign
06-21-2005, 11:01 PM

wow

I was blaming the refs early, then realised what I was saying, and apologized. So I hope this isnt your "apology post" like mine.

geerussell
06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
No matter what happens thursday night one thing has been 100% proven: this is a contest of equals. As entertaining as the back and forth trash talk with spurs fans is I can't even bring myself to do it right now. The spurs being a great team is what makes this win so satisfying.

dn0
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
the better team won tonight , if the pistons keep shooting and playing at this level they will be NBA legitimate champions this Thursday in our court.
They spurs had a good game but they were simply outplayed.

Brutalis
06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
The ball rolled their way and so did the whistle.

Detroit is full of shit.

** We wont win games like that. Detroit is not this good and each time we hand them the game making them look better than they are.

I dont feel good about game 7 because Detroit actually believes they are this good. And it dont matter if you are, if you believe you are and work for it you'll get it unless the other team worked harder. Right? I mean look at all the confidense we give them. Not to mention these fucked up calls they always get, always a possession call-jumpballs and shit.

Tek_XX
06-21-2005, 11:10 PM
If we had come to play and been in their grill they wouldn't have "TAKEN" shit.

Sense
06-21-2005, 11:12 PM
We Choked, especially Manu Ginobili and Duncan...

You can't say Detroit was part of Tim's Free throws or Manu's terrible play in the 4th..

As much as I really want to give it to ya... I feel that the team fucked up even more...

ballhog
06-21-2005, 11:13 PM
These teams are pretty evenly matched. Game 7 should be something. Hope the Pistons cool off and the Spurs play better D.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
The ball rolled their way and so did the whistle.

Detroit is full of shit.

Awwwwwwwww....want a tissue?? Did the refs make the Spurs shoot 41%? How many more FTs should the Spurs get since 7 isn't enough? 15? 20? Did they also make the Spurs turn the ball over twice as much as the Pistons? Cause the Spurs to only have 2 blocks and 3 steals?

Spurminator
Detroit was the worst possible team for us to match up with.

- Their point guard can muscle ours around
- They can cut off our penetration with their help defense
- They have a shooting guard who can shoot over Bowen's defense
- They have the longest SF in the league
- They have the best player in the NBA at guarding Duncan and the best help defender in the league to back him up
- They don't have any single player you can key in on on offense
- Their rebounding ability negates our usual offensive putbacks
- If they get ahead, you can't foul them because all of their ball handlers are near perfect free throw shooters

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 11:14 PM
We Choked, especially Manu Ginobili and Duncan...

You can't say Detroit was part of Tim's Free throws or Manu's terrible play in the 4th..

As much as I really want to give it to ya... I feel that the team fucked up even more...
You're right, wtf was I thinking. I thought they actualy played defense, but I was just on crack. HA!

209Goodfella
06-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Detroit got gifts from US and they capitalized. Tim forgot to show up. Plain and simple!

GAME 7 is on! Do and f-ing die.

Sense
06-21-2005, 11:18 PM
You're right, wtf was I thinking. I thought they actualy played defense, but I was just on crack. HA!

I'm not saying they didn't play defense... I'm saying Manu Choked Period..

He made turnovers at critical time... you probably can say that it was their defense... but the ball just rolls to their hands...

I accept turnovers whenever the defense is a part of it.. but the Spurs turnovers are stupid fucking mistakes. And that's fucking sad in the finals.

2centsworth
06-21-2005, 11:18 PM
the better team won tonight , if the pistons keep shooting and playing at this level they will be NBA legitimate champions this Thursday in our court.
They spurs had a good game but they were simply outplayed.
hate to say it but there is no shame in losing if the other team is going to make every shot.

Tek_XX
06-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah Detroit played an excellant game, taking full advantage of the Spurs crappy play. Someone tell pop that they are looking to shoot threes.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Detroit was the worst possible team for us to match up with.

You forgot the biggest thing IMO.

In big games, they don't turn the ball over (5 TOs tonight, one off the record they already set), which means any turnovers by the Spurs are death.

Manu and Tony especially have got to quit their clowining around with the ball.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Some of you are real bitches. If Billups misses a couple of 3s and Rasheed doesn't play out of this world at the end of the game, you're on your way downtown telling the guy next to you how you want to suck Manu's jizz out of a Taco Cabana travel mug because he's the fucking man.

Whatever. I'm tired of reading the dribble that comes out of your mouths.

Shelly
06-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Some of you are real bitches. If Billups misses a couple of 3s and Rasheed doesn't play out of this world at the end of the game, you're on your way downtown telling the guy next to you how you want to suck Manu's jizz out of a Taco Cabana travel mug because he's the fucking man.

Whatever. I'm tired of reading the dribble that comes out of your mouths.

:lol and ew!

Quasar
06-21-2005, 11:28 PM
True... Detroit was the better team.

Actually it seems to me that from game 3 onwards, Detroit has been the better team.

Spurs keep committing TOs and giving up O Rebounds to Detroit.

Detroit plays better, they play harder, and it seems they want it more...

But I still think Spurs will win game 7!! Go Manuuuuuuu!!!

deespur
06-21-2005, 11:32 PM
What the heck - we look scared and soft! I sure hope they come out ready to kill on Thursday night!