PDA

View Full Version : Are we still really intimidated by the Lakers size?

Small Fundamental
04-20-2012, 10:28 PM
When Pop plays the correct bigs, we can matchup with anyone in the paint.

T Park
04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Bonner's been playin a bunch..

Mal
04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Still intimidated by all travells from Bynum, which arent called

Rummpd
04-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Duncan Splitter Diaw and Bonner is a good combination when you also have the length (wingspan) of our new super rookie!

TheSkeptic
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Duncan Splitter Diaw and Bonner is a good combination when you also have the length (wingspan) of our new super rookie!

I agree completely. That's a big rotation that I'd be comfortable with heading into the playoffs. If Pop plays these guys and the perimeter keeps it up...well let's just say that the fifth championship is becoming even more of a possibility.

freetiago
04-20-2012, 10:57 PM
memphis didnt beat us with size
randolph is only 6'9
they beat us by their role players and randolph playing the best hes ever played in his life
we actually outrebounded memphis a few games

diaw earned himself the start with this game
splitter-manu+shooters combo is just to good
diaw proved he could shutdown gasol and he plays great with parker+spaces the floor

roycrikside
04-20-2012, 11:00 PM
not LA's size I fear, it's the refs protecting them.

Sense
04-20-2012, 11:29 PM
I think I'm more afraid of the refs giving the bigs very light fouls... if they don't we can defend them, if they get gifted fouls, we don't have enough bigs for them. Hopefully in the playoffs they'll let them play.

100%duncan
04-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Not as much as before but a 7 game series would be tiring but Diaw and Bonner really been stepping up on D.

Knoxxx
04-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Not as much as before but a 7 game series would be tiring but Diaw and Bonner really been stepping up on D.

Yes I pity any team that has to endure a 7-game series with us. They won't win it.

100%duncan
04-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Yes I pity any team that has to endure a 7-game series with us. They won't win it.

I meant, it would still be hard to beat the Laker in a 7 game series, but anyways, :flag:.

Knoxxx
04-21-2012, 12:08 AM
The Lakers better get it together, or they'll be playing Memphis in the first round, possibly without home court, and be lucky to last 7 in that one!

100%duncan
04-21-2012, 12:13 AM
I would prefer LA to stay in the 3 spot. I still don't want them in the PO. Although I think we can beat them, I don't know we will have enough energy come WCF

DJ Mbenga
04-21-2012, 12:21 AM
the pau gasol you saw tonight is nothing to be feared. its something you beg for if you are the oppsotion

Knoxxx
04-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Lakers must fear us greatly now. They may even throw the SAC game to avoid us, but unlikely as that would mean we dropped to #2.

Gasol has always been soft. Great skills for a big man, but put a body on him with any size and he's done.

KaiRMD1
04-21-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm amazed at how many awesome gifs 100%Duncan has that are from this season alone. Have the Spurs become that entertaining?

therealtruth
04-21-2012, 01:16 AM
the pau gasol you saw tonight is nothing to be feared. its something you beg for if you are the oppsotion

It's easy to underestimate how good PJax was. He was able to get Gasol play tough enough to win 2 titles.

SpursIndonesia
04-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Don't be too cocky, a pussified Pau Gasol and confused, effortless Bynum tonite are certainly not a good things to count on when post season is around. But clearly this IS the best big man rotation that should be used going forward, no doubt about that.

TDMVPDPOY
04-21-2012, 03:20 AM
as long we adjust to how the game is played or how the refs decide to blow their dick, every team is beatable...

ps. as long pop decides to show up instead of pulling out the white flag calling it a day

letmk
04-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Can we beat the Lakers? Yes, we can.

Do we want to see the Lakers play Thunder first? Yes, detinitely.

Robz4000
04-21-2012, 04:17 AM
The Spurs still want no part of the Lakers, but if it comes to it the Spurs have the players to negate their overwhelming advantages.

TheSkeptic
04-21-2012, 04:21 AM
Can we beat the Lakers? Yes, we can.

Do we want to see the Lakers play Thunder first? Yes, detinitely.

I'd rather the Spurs played OKC tbh.

TE
04-21-2012, 04:27 AM
Yeah, you still have to be worried about the teams containing legit frontcourt size. Doing well against these types of teams in the regular season means jackshit unless the success is duplicated in the playoffs. The scary part about playing teams like the Lakers and Grizzlies are that they can adjust a few things to continue to optimize their frontcourt advantage. Luckily, this time around, with Pops newfound confidence and new* big man rotation, our team can too adjust accordingly.

letmk
04-21-2012, 04:33 AM
I'd rather the Spurs played OKC tbh.

I'm not picking between Thunder and Lakers. Since it's been a given for a while that we would only play the Thunder in WCF, what we talk about is the choice between Lakers and Clippers/Grizzlies.

TheSkeptic
04-21-2012, 04:36 AM
I'm not picking between Thunder and Lakers. Since it's been a given for a while that we would only play the Thunder in WCF, what we talk about is the choice between Lakers and Clippers/Grizzlies.

Ah. My mistake. Gotcha. :toast

polandprzem
04-21-2012, 04:52 AM
Don't be too cocky, a pussified Pau Gasol and confused, effortless Bynum tonite are certainly not a good things to count on when post season is around. But clearly this IS the best big man rotation that should be used going forward, no doubt about that.

You think you can take our flag and flip it over?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will_spurs
04-21-2012, 04:55 AM
No matter what happens, the 2nd round will be against either the Lakers, Memphis, Clippers or Mavs. That won't be an easy series no matter what. The first 2 teams match-up badly with us, the Clippers didn't win the reg season series because of a fluke play by Paul, and the Mavs are the defending champs and will be pumped up if they reach the 2nd round.

I'm still confident we can beat all these teams, but none of them will go down without a tough fight. I'd still like to meet the Clippers the most, because VDN is such a bad coach and Griffin is an untested one-dimensional player. But the realistic choice is probably either Lakers or Grizz in the 2nd, depending on the rankings.

Legacy
04-21-2012, 05:02 AM
Yeah, you still have to be worried about the teams containing legit frontcourt size. Doing well against these types of teams in the regular season means jackshit unless the success is duplicated in the playoffs. The scary part about playing teams like the Lakers and Grizzlies are that they can adjust a few things to continue to optimize their frontcourt advantage. Luckily, this time around, with Pops newfound confidence and new* big man rotation, our team can too adjust accordingly.

Great post. :tu

KaiRMD1
04-21-2012, 11:39 AM
No matter what happens, the 2nd round will be against either the Lakers, Memphis, Clippers or Mavs. That won't be an easy series no matter what. The first 2 teams match-up badly with us, the Clippers didn't win the reg season series because of a fluke play by Paul, and the Mavs are the defending champs and will be pumped up if they reach the 2nd round.

I'm still confident we can beat all these teams, but none of them will go down without a tough fight. I'd still like to meet the Clippers the most, because VDN is such a bad coach and Griffin is an untested one-dimensional player. But the realistic choice is probably either Lakers or Grizz in the 2nd, depending on the rankings.

I want the Grizzlies in the second round, desperately want to avenge last year's playoff loss. Also would love to have Phoenix in the first but they are nothing like the team that swept us in 2010 though. Whatever, the playoffs aren't going to be easy period. GO SPURS GO!