PDA

View Full Version : Boris Diaw

Spurs Brazil
04-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Another great game. Played very well against Gasol.

I hope Pop keep playing him big minutes

timtonymanu
04-20-2012, 11:03 PM
He definitely earned a starting spot. :tu

Spursfan092120
04-20-2012, 11:04 PM
One of our huge keys in the playoffs, tbh.

EVAY
04-20-2012, 11:05 PM
I agree. I don't know if he starts or not, but he sure does seem to fit in with this offense and he is mobile on defense and a decent rebounder. I'm pretty impressed!!

MmP
04-20-2012, 11:05 PM
After a Timeout where things got a little close. I guess in the 3rd he made a nice move and then banked the lay up against Gasol. Now what i loved about is that he showed great confidence and that's the best of it.

Superb defense on gasol

BackHome
04-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Blair ain't going to like this but as much as I like the kid Diaw is so much better. Going into the summer I hope we will be able to trade Blair, and Amnesty or trade Bonner. So then we can hopefully sign Diaw and also Lobrek...........

mercos
04-20-2012, 11:13 PM
A bigs rotation of Duncan-Diaw and Splitter-Bonner would work very well.

loveforthegame
04-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Cannot say enough about how well he's been playing. Especially against the likes of the Lakers, Mavs, and Grizzlies.

Will be huge for us in the playoffs.

Spurtacus
04-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Diaw should start with Duncan the rest of season and playoffs. Bring Splitter off the bench to pair with Manu.

ajballer4
04-20-2012, 11:16 PM
No question, he should start

will_spurs
04-20-2012, 11:17 PM
BTW with Diaw and Splitter finally breaking the big rotation, Bonner is used the way he should be, and logically shines right now. No way we should get rid of him.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-20-2012, 11:23 PM
BTW with Diaw and Splitter finally breaking the big rotation, Bonner is used the way he should be, and logically shines right now. No way we should get rid of him.

Splitter has been in the rotation all year, and Bonner's role is what it has been all year. The only change has been a Diaw/Blair switch.

diego
04-20-2012, 11:26 PM
splitter starts, diaw finishes. there is still room for bonner and even blair to contribute, but for the important stretches those are the guys. diaw has shades of horry in him, I know he will not shrivel in the PO.

100%duncan
04-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Deserves an A+

therealtruth
04-20-2012, 11:31 PM
I am surprised how well he battles Gasol. You can even tell he was getting Gasol frustrated. I think if Splitter is going to start Pop has to make the offense work by run plays to take advantage of TD and Splitter.

TheSkeptic
04-20-2012, 11:35 PM

No kidding. I've actually been very happy with Bonner's production/minutes these last few games. A rotation of Bonner-Diaw-Duncan-Splitter is solid enough that this team can make a deep run imo. Spurs need to let Blair walk.

Manufan909
04-20-2012, 11:36 PM
He and Jax play D the way it should be played, getting into the jersey of the opponent and annoying the fuck out of them. Splitter and Leonard could learn a thing or two from the vets.

ducks
04-20-2012, 11:43 PM
leonard is a rookie and if he got in their jersey he call for rookie foul

Danny.Zhu
04-20-2012, 11:52 PM
And don't forget Tony's credit in signing him.

Knoxxx
04-20-2012, 11:54 PM
This is a Diaw thread. He completely neutralized Gasol. Amazing.

hater
04-20-2012, 11:58 PM
He was the reason we got on the little runs. damn good

Sean Cagney
04-21-2012, 12:13 AM
This was a HUGE SIGNING! Bringing Jax back was big yes, but man this dude can pass and play D on BIGS TOO! He can also play the pick n roll! Blair is not near him on those end of things. This was a huge add for the Spurs.

superbigtime
04-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Was at tonight's game and watched Diaw closely. Great mobility and positioning, terrific moves in the paint and under the basket. Such a valuable asset for this team. Diaw really impressed. :toast

TE
04-21-2012, 12:21 AM
I really hope Pop keeps giving Blair's minutes to Diaw.

Knoxxx
04-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Diaw BB IQ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blair

(hopefully Dejuan can learn a thing or 3 from him)

What makes Boris such a great fit is his unselfish play. We have to have this guy back next year!

slick'81
04-21-2012, 12:37 AM
dudes really stepping up love how pops been going to him to start the 2nd halfs

GSH
04-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Besides the obvious stuff, there were a couple of times tonight where you could see some real, serious frustration on Gasol's face. Not only did Diaw play him well, he got in his head. That can have an effect even beyond this one game.

Hooks
04-21-2012, 02:16 AM
So, if td signs for 10 mill can the spurs sign both diaw AND erazem? Diaw can't be that expensive can he? He's been playing very well for the spurs but with his current numbers I can't see him getting paid anywhere near as much as he was with the bobcats. Lorbek will most likely want a splitter type contract...

I can't see pop letting diaw go, hes like exactly what pop wants in a player.

Spurs should flip Blair for a 1st round pick and cash or something IMO.

ace3g
04-21-2012, 02:17 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites/release/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/local_image_gallery_default/120420_56.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites/release/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/local_image_gallery_default/120420_58.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites/release/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/local_image_gallery_default/120420_93.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites/release/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/local_image_gallery_default/120420_108.jpg

Mel_13
04-21-2012, 02:18 AM
So, if td signs for 10 mill can the spurs sign both diaw AND erazem? Diaw can't be that expensive can he?

Do you believe Boris will sign for 2M/yr?

If not, then they can't sign both.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-21-2012, 08:10 AM
So, if td signs for 10 mill can the spurs sign both diaw AND erazem? Diaw can't be that expensive can he? He's been playing very well for the spurs but with his current numbers I can't see him getting paid anywhere near as much as he was with the bobcats. Lorbek will most likely want a splitter type contract...

Diaw won't get anything near his old contract, but will likely still command the full MLE. Since Duncan's signing will keep us over the cap, that's all we'll have to sign FAs with.

SenorSpur
04-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Diaw's emergence doesn't bode well for Blair. However, I'd say that if the rumors of Erzam Lorbek's arrival next season are true, then THAT would hurt Blair's chances of returning as much as Diaw's emergence.

Mugen
04-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Great game from Diaw. With his emergence, hopefully Bonner can finally become the 4th big, right where the choker belongs.

Juventini
04-21-2012, 11:42 AM
One great thing about Diaw is that when the offensive play breaks down. He has high I.Q. and the skill to get something out of it. This is really important especially in the playoff. It's been so long since I have seen a big who understand the game of basketball so well.
He could have been a superstar if NBA doesn't base the player success by stats. He is a willing passer, could score anywhere on the floor, understand every aspect of the game.

BOHOLANO#21
04-21-2012, 11:45 AM

I can't see pop letting diaw go, hes like exactly what pop wants in a player.

Spurs should flip Blair for a 1st round pick and cash or something IMO.

That's what i hope too for TD to sign so we could bring in Lorbek, resign Diaw for a repeat title run and maybe trade Blair for a pick, i don't care if it's second rounder so we can use the money to sign both guys.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-21-2012, 12:48 PM
That's what i hope too for TD to sign so we could bring in Lorbek, resign Diaw for a repeat title run and maybe trade Blair for a pick, i don't care if it's second rounder so we can use the money to sign both guys.

Not likely to happen. Blair doesn't make much, so clearing him doesn't really net you anything at all in cap room. Tim's not going to sign for peanuts, nor should he. The consensus seems to be $10-11M per year, which still keeps us over the cap, but drops us well under the tax. That gives them the MLE to use, and it would be a choice at that point between Lorbek and Diaw. I'll pick Boris in that case.

T Park
04-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Bonner isn't a bad option for a 4th big. But certainly, Tiago/Diaw should get the bulk of the playoff minutes.

Bonner could start for 30%of the league

z0sa
04-21-2012, 12:57 PM
He's looking like he might be a bigger p/u than anticipated. Well done thus far Boris. And well done Pop, for benching Blair so Diaw had the chance..

I'm really enjoying Blair being on the bench, which could be enhancing my enthusiasm for Diaw tbh.

Mugen
04-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Bonner could start for 30%of the league

So like non-playoff teams. Cool.

T Park
04-21-2012, 01:07 PM
So like non-playoff teams. Cool.

Another example of spurstalk's need for all stars at every position

Mugen
04-21-2012, 01:08 PM

Where did I say that?

T Park
04-21-2012, 01:13 PM
The fourth big man on this team is good enough to start on 30% of the teams in the league and someone always has to put a smartass comment on it...

Christ this place is a place for the most unhappy people ive ever seen....

Drz
04-21-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm one of the bigger pro boners on this board, but even I want to keep that topic out of a thread titled "Boris Diaw." *

When we signed Diaw, I thought we were signing a player who fulfilled a minor need, and a reasonably intelligent player who could play fairly well but wouldn't really make much of an impact because I didn't see how he could slot into the team's system.

He's done much better from a team perspective than I expected. His performance is yet another reason everyone should be a popsucker and a ... I don't know what we call Buford suckers.

* Edit --- alright, I can't resist. Can you imagine if we amnestied Matt Bonner like the retard on the first page of this thread suggested? LOLOLOLOL. We would be the laughingstock of the league. Sometimes I wonder if some posters here even know how to play basketball.

Mugen
04-21-2012, 01:17 PM
The fourth big man on this team is good enough to start on 30% of the teams in the league and someone always has to put a smartass comment on it...

Christ this place is a place for the most unhappy people ive ever seen....

:lol nice deflection.

ace3g
04-21-2012, 01:25 PM
I need to find the clip, but when I was watching the re run of the game last night on ESPN, in the 4th after Diaw made a nice pass and resulting timeout, as he is going to the bench Duncan playfully gives him a push on the back of the head right into Bonner who was passing by, lol.

timtonymanu
04-21-2012, 01:31 PM

Yeah cause Mugen's the one being a smart ass.

Bill_Brasky
04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
His game fits in here better than anywhere he's been. He can get to the hoop and kick to those open 3 point shooters he's always had wet dreams about but never had on any of the other teams he's been on.

therealtruth
04-21-2012, 04:33 PM
One great thing about Diaw is that when the offensive play breaks down. He has high I.Q. and the skill to get something out of it. This is really important especially in the playoff. It's been so long since I have seen a big who understand the game of basketball so well.
He could have been a superstar if NBA doesn't base the player success by stats. He is a willing passer, could score anywhere on the floor, understand every aspect of the game.

Very good point. Plays will break down more often in the playoffs due to the better defense.

Bulwark
04-21-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm one of the bigger pro boners on this board...

Intentional misspell? pro boners?

bigfan
04-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Lorbek (or whoever) can cool their heels in europe. Id like to see this entire team come back with the exception of Anderson. Hopefully we can keep SJax and Diaw for another season. Jackson brings just enough "badass" that it overcomes his decline in performance, I think other teams are afraid he will pop them in the mouth or something.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-21-2012, 06:12 PM

And on the bench.

TheSkeptic
04-21-2012, 07:42 PM
And on the bench.

Not really imo.

Dex
04-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Diaw appears to be getting in better shape, too.

Amazing how easy it is to get motivated when you win more games in your last 10 outings than you did throughout the whole season with Charlotte.