PDA

View Full Version : 28 3pt attempts

jdelar03
06-21-2005, 11:07 PM
All game long and alot of games I watch other teams fake the 3 step in 3-4ft and make a 2pt shot. But the Spurs just take to many bad 3pt attempts. This leaves them with 20 offensive possessions where we get no points. This to me is why we lost the game and have made some games where we may have won alot closer than they needed to be. I love our Spurs but whatching this over and over makes me sick. Pray, hope and all restaurant owners look for the poison players...I mean piston players and be sure and feed them something extra.

Pistons < Spurs
06-21-2005, 11:08 PM
wow...that's alot. I didn't notice it was that many till you mentioned it.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
When they fall it's great, but I generally agree that 28 3 point attempts is a bit too many to take. But they are nessecary in order to spread the floor for your bigs.

It's tough, and I thought the Spurs took some 3s I didn't like tonight. But if they fall, you win as well.

Live by the 3, Die by the 3.

ballhog
06-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah, only 8-28 on threes. Pistons 8-16. Ouch.

jdelar03
06-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Live by the 3, Die by the 3.

What sucks is that everytime I hear that saying it is because a team lost because of the three ball. Thus the last part of the saying die by the 3. Because after game 5 I venture to say that nobody would have or did say that.

SouthernFried
06-21-2005, 11:14 PM
We don't have anyone who can really take the 18-20 footer. It's either a 3, or inside the paint.

Parker is prolly our best at the mid-long range jumper, inside the 3 point line. And considering his inconsistency at it...that's sad.

So, we'll take threes...bowen, Horry, Manu, Barry....but, none of them are the kind to just step inside, 3 or 4 feet, and pull up for a jumper. If they don't shoot the three...they'll drive all the way to the hole.

A definite weakness.

stéphane
06-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Do you count TP lob pass to TD as an attempt? lol

jdelar03
06-21-2005, 11:27 PM
That in my memory has been the story of most of our playoff losses not having anybody to make the perimeter jumpers. I remember watching every playoffs in the early 90's and phonix, utah and houston beating us feeling like gouging my eyes out because we could not consistantly make the perimeter jumper. I love Ginobli but wish he would get some more elevation if any on his jumper him and Barry both seem to almost not jump at all on their shots. Believe Believe Believe. Thursday will be a blood bath.