PDA

View Full Version : Green for most improved player?

Gagnrath
04-21-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't think he would win it but why is he not in the conversation with his points per game being 4 higher, an extra assist half a steal, and two extra rebounds. It just seems weird to me that a guy who played some games in the D League last year goes to a starter on the #1 team in the western conference isn't even in the conversation.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-21-2012, 11:31 AM
He's a Spur...

Gagnrath
04-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Rubio is a timberwolf and he's in the talks for rookie of the year.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Rubio is a timberwolf and he's in the talks for rookie of the year.

Rubio has media cred from his international days. If he were unknown before he got there, he would still be unknown. It's not all about market size, either. The Spurs give pat answers to typical dumb repetitive questions and have no drama. That pisses off media outlets, so they bypass us for this shit.

Stump
04-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Linsanity has this one locked up.

Mel_13
04-21-2012, 11:45 AM
The members of the voting panel (NBA journalists and broadcasters) are barely aware that Danny Green exists.

CitizenDwayne
04-21-2012, 11:48 AM
The members of the voting panel (NBA journalists and broadcasters) are barely aware that Danny Green exists.
Yeah a lot of friends of mine (who pretty much represent the usual casual NBA fan) still thought he was a complete scrub, until they saw those Lakers games.

Props to Danny though. The production he's put in this year has been essential

CGD
04-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Lin or Gortat

Spurs da champs
04-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Because of Lin's publicity he'll probably get it but because of his injury he shouldn't. I agree with the above tho Gortat should defiantly be considered as should Ryan Anderson.

BackHome
04-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Call me crazy but I think that Green can get even better next year. I think he just needs to keep on working on his three point shooting which is pretty good as it stands right now and work on finishing when he takes it to the basket. If he can improve in those two areas and still work on his lateral quickness he will be good to go..

Wild Cobra Kai
04-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Call me crazy but I think that Green can get even better next year. I think he just needs to keep on working on his three point shooting which is pretty good as it stands right now and work on finishing when he takes it to the basket. If he can improve in those two areas and still work on his lateral quickness he will be good to go..

His three point shooting is well above the league average (42%/36%) but his finishing is atrocious. He really needs to work on that this summer. He and Neal should both be put through ball handling boot camp.

Venti Quattro
04-21-2012, 08:10 PM
:lol Danny Green

There are a lot of candidates in the consideration, and he is not one of them

Slo spurs fan
04-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Goran Dragic.

pgardn
04-21-2012, 08:12 PM
I really dont like suggesting this, but in all fairness...

Bynum.

Now if maturity level improvement is part of the equation, please scratch.

Venti Quattro
04-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Goran Dragic.

Co fucking sign

timvp
04-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Per-minute, Green is basically doing the same things he has done in his previous two seasons in the NBA. While he doesn't deserve the most improved award, Green would definitely be a candidate for the mythical The Small Sample Size Wasn't A Fluke Award.

Dex
04-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Per-minute, Green is basically doing the same things he has done in his previous two seasons in the NBA. While he doesn't deserve the most improved award, Green would definitely be a candidate for the mythical The Small Sample Size Wasn't A Fluke Award.

Ah, the coveted SSSWAFA. :greedy

Green doesn't have the stats, and really doesn't make the impact, necessary for Most Improved...but he's doing exactly what the Spurs need of him: he's a role player filling a role. Don't need him to go out there and fill it up. Just play good defense, hit some threes, and attack the glass.

Perhaps one of the most important contributions he has made, though, is his ability to hang with the starters and allow Manu Ginobili to come off the bench. The Spurs have always been at their best when Manu was providing the spark off the bench and helping to keep the second-line afloat. Without Green, it would be really hard to do that (especially since the Anderson train appears to have derailed).

Personally, I am glad to have the security blanket of Ginobili coming in to kick-start things when the starters don't have it going; it's almost like a mini-reset button. On the other hand, if the starters are clicking, then Ginobili's entrance presents a chance to blow the doors wide open.

smaka
04-22-2012, 02:40 AM
tbh I hope Lin doesnt get it, because he doesnt deserve it. He has played like what, 5 good games with 20+ point and few assists (of course all forgot about his turnovers), and became a superstar because he is from Asia... hmm, my ass. He didnt keep up in this tempo and quickly had really bad games.

If you take a look at Goran Dragic, he puts awesome stats as a starter constantly. He's been putting up around 20 points (with above average shooting %) and 7, 8 or even more assists from the day he became a starter.

But I expect Lin to win it anyways, because he is Asian and we know how important that would be... smh.

jimo2305
04-22-2012, 02:44 AM
nobody mentioned ryan anderson?

DMC
04-22-2012, 02:51 AM
No way anyone other than Lin gets that award.

Legacy
04-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Linsanity has this one locked up.

:bang

Ginobleed20
04-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Green for MIP is a joke

Texas_Ranger
04-22-2012, 04:10 AM
Dragic and I'm not a homer... His stats since Lowry wen't out are just amazing. He's also scored in double figures in 26 straight games. For me it's between him and Anderson.... btw, put Dragic in D'Antoni's system and he'd be scoring 25 with 10+ assists every night.

100%duncan
04-22-2012, 04:48 AM
Dragic. But we all know Lin will win.

iManu
04-22-2012, 06:56 AM
I bet it's Lin, but it should be Ryan Anderson (everyone should have seen Gollum Dragic coming).

100%duncan
04-22-2012, 07:00 AM
I bet it's Lin, but it should be Ryan Anderson (everyone should have seen Gollum Dragic coming).

Anderson is an overrated piece of crap.

Legacy
04-22-2012, 07:04 AM
I really dont like suggesting this, but in all fairness...

Bynum.

Now if maturity level improvement is part of the equation, please scratch.

*scratches*

Although, I don't know what the EXACT criteria are, either. :rolleyes

TJastal
04-22-2012, 08:06 AM
How, he played 3 weeks as a starter?

:lmao @ your sig

Texas_Ranger
04-22-2012, 11:08 AM
tbh I hope Lin doesnt get it, because he doesnt deserve it. He has played like what, 5 good games with 20+ point and few assists (of course all forgot about his turnovers), and became a superstar because he is from Asia... hmm, my ass. He didnt keep up in this tempo and quickly had really bad games.

If you take a look at Goran Dragic, he puts awesome stats as a starter constantly. He's been putting up around 20 points (with above average shooting %) and 7, 8 or even more assists from the day he became a starter.

But I expect Lin to win it anyways, because he is Asian and we know how important that would be... smh.

Well Lin played in 26 games from when the Linsanity started and his stats are pretty good. It's not just 5 games. In that 26 games he was scoring 18,5 pts & 7,6 assists. Yes he had 4,5 TO's but Goran is also a TO machine. Dragič since Lowry went down is a 18,7 pts & 8,3 ast. guy which is great. But the problem is that this award is the most improved player, so you look a season back and compare it to this season, and Lin was pretty much nothing last year while Goran was a solid bench player.
I'd love to see Goran win it and he deserves but I think it won't hapen.

8FOR!3
04-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Yeah a lot of friends of mine (who pretty much represent the usual casual NBA fan) still thought he was a complete scrub, until they saw those Lakers games.

Props to Danny though. The production he's put in this year has been essential

My buddy who's a Duke fan would be pissed if he knew how good Danny Green really is now lol. :lol

Solid D
04-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Many sports writers know him as Daniel Green because that's how he's listed in the box scores.

Mal
04-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Lin is taking this award, because NBA is rigged

sehui
04-22-2012, 03:28 PM
It's obvious that it's going to be Lin. He went from a 0 point 0 assist 0 rebound to around 14 pts, 6-7 assists.

It's not that he's improved, but he thrived in Dantoni's system and was actually givena chance.