PDA

View Full Version : Is this commercial racist?

Bill_Brasky
04-21-2012, 03:27 PM
bt0qQ8m11fc

"Fuck det sheeit, we goin' tah goldin carral"

William Hung
04-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Not rascist, they just know which demographic to advertise to.

Goran Dragic
04-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Not really imo.

Golden Corral is lower class American restaurant, not just black people tbh.

IronMaxipad
04-21-2012, 03:38 PM
No. Unless it was KFC

RaZon
04-21-2012, 05:37 PM
So tired of....is this/that racist? What if it is? Big damn deal!

I'm white and have been all my life. I don't care who says what about white people. Wouldn't make a dent. Honky, cracker, white trash, okie, redneck, whatever.....couldn't care less.

We are different, that's why we have the different races.

This is an Olympic year. When they line up for the finals of the 100m we will see 8/9 black sprinters in that race. Christophe LeMaire the great French (white) sprinter could be there but the word is he'll probably just contest his better distance the 200m. Now knowing that we won't be seeing anything but negro sprinters is me being a racist or a realist?

Where are those Mexican sprinters, is that racist me knowing there aren't any?

Is it racist knowing I'd rather but anything electronic from Japan than Mexico, Holland, Italy?

If I want some lowdown back in the alley blues it will come from some black dude, not a Chinaman, a Mexican or an Italian. Racist remark or simply how things are?

Reck
04-21-2012, 06:40 PM
No. Unless it was KFC

Agreed.

http://i2.lulzimg.com/4b4fc147f7.gif

Reck
04-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm white

What were the side effects after almost bleaching yourself to death Raz?

David Duke
04-21-2012, 07:20 PM

I'm white and have been all my life. I don't care who says what about white people. Wouldn't make a dent. Honky, cracker, white trash, okie, redneck, whatever.....couldn't care less.

This is an Olympic year. When they line up for the finals of the 100m we will see 8/9 black sprinters in that race. Christophe LeMaire the great French (white) sprinter could be there but the word is he'll probably just contest his better distance the 200m. Now knowing that we won't be seeing anything but negro sprinters is me being a racist or a realist?

Is it racist knowing I'd rather but anything electronic from Japan than Mexico, Holland, Italy?

If I want some lowdown back in the alley blues it will come from some black dude, not a Chinaman, a Mexican or an Italian. Racist remark or simply how things are?

:lol

Huey Freeman
04-21-2012, 07:21 PM

Damn your a buzz kill, man:lol
Your the only poster on this site that can single handely fuckup a thread with one post.

spursncowboys
04-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Where are those Mexican sprinters,

They are in America.

CuckingFunt
04-21-2012, 10:24 PM
I think "racist" is a horribly overused term. To the point it has no real meaning anymore. I don't, therefore, think that the Golden Corral commercial is "racist."

I do, however, find it fairly offensive and problematic in the way it reinforces negative black AND white stereotypes.

Reck
04-21-2012, 10:27 PM
I think "racist" is a horribly overused term. To the point it has no real meaning anymore. I don't, therefore, think that the Golden Corral commercial is "racist."

I do, however, find it fairly offensive and problematic in the way it reinforces negative black AND white stereotypes.

Honestly I thought nothing of it.

I thought Golden Corral was all about that shrimp anyway.

Bill_Brasky
04-21-2012, 10:27 PM
:lmao I love how the black people in the commercial hear the TGI Friday's prices and immediately jump out of a moving vehicle

Goran Dragic
04-21-2012, 10:28 PM
rofl yeah it's obvious they were talking shit about those specials at TGI Fridays/Applebees/etc.

RaZon
04-22-2012, 01:38 AM
What were the side effects after almost bleaching yourself to death Raz?

Funny thing is I should be black. Love the music. can dance, was a sprinter/running back. Have all those books by Ellison, Baldwin and Wright. Dig Langston Hughes.

RaZon
04-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Damn your a buzz kill, man:lol
Your the only poster on this site that can single handely fuckup a thread with one post.

So just play along?

RaZon
04-22-2012, 02:25 AM
They are in America.

In the history of sprintdom we have never seen a great Mexican 100yd/m sprinter. You'd think there'd be at least "one" fluke.

DMC
04-22-2012, 03:05 AM
It's only racist if someone comments about blacks and chicken, not racist if blacks get paid for pushing the stereotype though.

DMC
04-22-2012, 03:06 AM
In the history of sprintdom we have never seen a great Mexican 100yd/m sprinter. You'd think there'd be at least "one" fluke.
If he can run that fast, he's in the US.

IWantsACuatro
04-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Troof, Mexico never has a great olympic team because all the athletes that can jump, run and swim well made it over the border.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-22-2012, 08:57 AM
I think "racist" is a horribly overused term.
That

And I'm willing to add "lazy" to that, as well

RaZon
04-22-2012, 10:42 AM
If he can run that fast, he's in the US.

No not really, Mexico did have a good female 400m sprinter...Ana Guervera (spell?) she stayed home.

Bartleby
04-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Funny thing is I should be black. Love the music. can dance, was a sprinter/running back. Have all those books by Ellison, Baldwin and Wright. Dig Langston Hughes.

If you had actually read/understood them you probably would have a more nuanced understanding of race and racism.

DMC
04-22-2012, 11:12 AM
No not really, Mexico did have a good female 400m sprinter...Ana Guervera (spell?) she stayed home.

"he"

RaZon
04-22-2012, 11:16 AM
If you had actually read/understood them you probably would have a more nuanced understanding of race and racism.

Why does anyone have books if not for reading:rolleyes It's not all that complex, we humans are pretty fucked up. If somebody is different than we are....boo!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, that was hard to figure.

I'm saying that I appreciate those differences. Prefer it that way. Imagine a world without all those great black athletes/performers. I think Asia...electronics. Italians...mobsters. Middle East....BOOM!!!!!!!! Pretty boring if we were all white Texans.

NASCARdad
04-23-2012, 11:00 AM

NASCARdad
04-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Not really imo.

Golden Corral is lower class American restaurant, not just black people tbh.

Damn right. We go there often and pig out like there is no tomorrow.