PDA

View Full Version : Is Duncan best big going into playoffs?

TD 21
04-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Seriously. With Howard gone for the season and Duncan thoroughly outplaying Bynum and Gasol in back to back meetings recently, would you rather have any other big right now? There's no one who gives you as much all around as him. Recently, it was said that he's basically back in '08 form, when he was still widely regarded as a top five player. But at this point, he's got to be in '07 form, his final season as the best player in the league. I'm not suggesting he is now, but you get the idea. We are witnessing the re-emergence of late prime Duncan.

Venti Quattro
04-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Dirk is

ogait
04-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Last year final regular season games were also very promising but he didn't keep it up in the playoffs.

As far as best big, I'm still a firm believe that Dirk is the best offensive big in the league by far, and probably only second to Howard overall.

As for outplaying Bynum and Gasol, I will believe it if I see that happen in the playoffs.

Richie
04-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Of that list, I'm most worried about Bynum and Dirk in the playoffs.

In the last few weeks Timmy is absolutly playing better than the bigs on that list, but if Dirk turns it on during the playoffs it becomes a different story. Bynums strength and physicality over a 7 game series would worry me

emanueldavidginobili
04-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Both KG and Timmy have been turning back the clock the last couple of months, its great to see

TD 21
04-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Nowitzki isn't even a serious candidate at this point. I only put him on the list to satisfy the inevitable complaints that would have come if he wasn't. But the reality is, he's been way too up and down offensively and not quite efficient enough, to be seriously considered. Because with his lack of an overall game (he's rebounding worse than at any point since his third season), he needs to be far and away the best offensively to be in the conversation. And right now, he isn't.

I somehow forgot Duncan in the poll, so just include him in other.

Robz4000
04-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Javale McGee, and it's not even close...

buttsR4rebounding
04-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Don't you think you should actually put Duncan on the list to vote for? :bang

roycrikside
04-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Interesting poll, except for the fact that you forgot to include Duncan in the poll.

LakerHater
04-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Kevin Durant ..... ?

therealtruth
04-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Nowitzki isn't even a serious candidate at this point. I only put him on the list to satisfy the inevitable complaints that would have come if he wasn't. But the reality is, he's been way too up and down offensively and not quite efficient enough, to be seriously considered. Because with his lack of an overall game (he's rebounding worse than at any point since his third season), he needs to be far and away the best offensively to be in the conversation. And right now, he isn't.

I somehow forgot Duncan in the poll, so just include him in other.

I think Cuban forgot that a big part of them getting that championship was Dirk playing at an MVP level. A big part of Dirk playing at an MVP level was pairing him with a center like Chandler.

ffadicted
04-21-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm still giving it to Bynum

LakerHater
04-21-2012, 11:01 PM
6'11" anorexic wings don't count.
& the crazy thing is, he plays SF! :lol

DMC
04-21-2012, 11:03 PM
All NBA players are big (pretty much). I think we're talking about post players.

smaka
04-22-2012, 02:24 AM
marc gasol

lol. not even close.

The ADMIRAL 50
04-22-2012, 02:36 AM
yea theres no Duncan, wtf? my poll is better.

as per your quest I'll take Duncan. He is beasting right now. Stand by my man baby.

Legacy
04-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Don't you think you should actually put Duncan on the list to vote for? :bang

Ditto.

ezau
04-22-2012, 02:54 AM
I think TD is one of the Top 3 big men heading into the playoffs. The truth is, TD looks spry, healthy, and effective because of Tiago. Because of Tiago, POP has been able to limit Duncan's minutes thus making him fresh for the playoffs. I also think that Timmy looks hungrier and more determined than in the past. I think deep down, this might be his last chance of winning a championship before he calls it a career.

Legacy
04-22-2012, 03:06 AM
So I guess our Timmy is just "Other." :depressed

100%duncan
04-22-2012, 04:38 AM
It's hard to pick between Dirk and TD tbh.

LkrFan
04-22-2012, 05:01 AM
Bynum will be the best big during these playoffs.

100%duncan
04-22-2012, 05:05 AM
Bynum will be the best big during these playoffs.

Depends on the health of his tits.

Horse
04-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Last year final regular season games were also very promising but he didn't keep it up in the playoffs.

As far as best big, I'm still a firm believe that Dirk is the best offensive big in the league by far, and probably only second to Howard overall.

As for outplaying Bynum and Gasol, I will believe it if I see that happen in the playoffs.
Ok dirk is not a big, big's rebound. And Timmy showed us all how immature bynum still is. I mean you guarantee a win then come away with 2 rebounds in a 24 point loss. If he ever grows up he can do it all but he's still a big baby. And Timmy got worn down last playoffs cause he had to do everything, not the case this year.

Richie
04-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Another question, is Duncan All-NBA this season?

Mel_13
04-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Another question, is Duncan All-NBA this season?

If the voters put 3 centers on the team, and if they consider Duncan a center, then yes.