PDA

View Full Version : Larry Brown talks about Pop

sharkenleo
04-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Amazing, so much respect between those two.

Lol, forgot the link. http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/04/21/20120421_Brown_on_Pop.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

jag
04-21-2012, 08:40 PM
There's Pop and then there's everyone else. Any Spurs fan who doesnt realize how important Pop has been for this franchise basically knows nothing about the Spurs or basketball in general.

timvp
04-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Brown saying Pop is loyal is like Sequ saying Tim Duncan is tall.

DMC
04-22-2012, 12:35 AM
I sense a shit ton of resentment.

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2012, 01:27 AM
I sense a shit ton of resentment.

I sense a shit ton of respect.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Brown saying Pop is loyal is like Sequ saying Tim Duncan is tall.

No shit. :lol

If LB were a player, he'd never be on the Spurs. He is most definitely NOT over himself.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-22-2012, 08:45 AM
God knew what he was doing with those lottery balls, Larry. 15 years later, both Tim and Pop are still here. Had Philly won the lottery, you'd have been gone in your customary short time frame, and Tim would likely be in Orlando or some other warm weather city.

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2012, 09:32 AM
didnt he robbed the knicks hahahahaha

Wild Cobra Kai
04-22-2012, 10:26 AM
He signed a 50 million dollar contract and got fired so I assume he settled for a portion of that. More importantly, who long is he going to last in Dallas? Why SMU?

They want to launch a credible program? LB should have them owning Conference USA in a couple of years.

He'll last as long as he usually does, maybe 3-4 years. He's whiny and demanding and wears on the people around him, and they on him when they won't grant his every wish. He's a damn good Xs and Os coach, though, maybe one of the top 3 all time, college or pro.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah but are nba one and done McDonalds All Americans Freshman going to want to go to his school? That seems to be the key of College BB Success these days. Oh well. Welcome back to Texas Larry Brown. Can't wait for your next Costanza Moment.

Larry gets players to play over their heads. His top 100 recruits will outplay other coaches top 25 recruits. The dirty secret about one and dones is that they don't give a shit about their NCAA teams most of the time. They're just marking time until they can be in the NBA. Larry will take advantage of that.

dunkman
04-22-2012, 11:00 AM
It's amazing how Pop transformed the team from the NBA best defense to NBA best offense. If he gets to win a championship with offense primarily, that will show truly great versatility. Not sure if Pop succeeds in that, but chances are he will get it to the finals.

Knoxxx
04-22-2012, 11:56 AM
If I missed Duncan by one ping pong ball I'd whine about it too!

(actually just a good story and one worth telling)

Wild Cobra Kai
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
If I missed Duncan by one ping pong ball I'd whine about it too!

(actually just a good story and one worth telling)

Aw, Philly didn't even have the most ping pong balls, Boston did with two high lottery picks.

BTW, LB needs NO excuse to whine about anything, EVER. :lol