PDA

View Full Version : D-Day 101st vet beaten, wife killed in robbery

spursncowboys
04-21-2012, 11:17 PM
The 101st Airborne Division Association is asking its members and other Screaming Eagles veterans to step up and help one of their own — a 90-year-old D-Day veteran who nearly died as a result of a brutal home invasion last month.

Bob Strait of Tulsa, Okla., was hospitalized after a vicious March 14 robbery that killed his wife, 85-year-old Nancy Strait. She was beaten and raped in the attack.

Gay is hugely grateful for any financial help on behalf of her family, but has also asked members of the 101st Airborne Division Association to contact Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett and ask that a task force be set up immediately to find the remaining suspects still at large in her parents’ case.

Speaking of her father, Gay said he rarely talked about being in World War II, although he still has nightmares about the war to this day.

“He wouldn’t accept veterans aid for anything after the war,” Gay said, “since he felt like he was only doing his job, like everyone else.”

“He put his life on the line back then, and he deserves to be taken care of now. We’re still trying to get him to accept some kind of government assistance, but during the war, he wouldn’t even accept a Purple Heart because he felt that his injuries weren’t severe enough.”

101st Airborne Association Executive Secretary Wayne St. Louis said he hopes association members and others will step up to help the Strait family.

TO DONATE

Send checks to the Nancy Strait and Bob Strait Support Trust, c/o Arvest Bank, Tulsa Branch, 502 S. Main St., Tulsa, OK 74103. Please include on the check’s memo line that is for the Straits’ account.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/04/gannett-army-101st-airborne-veteran-beaten-wife-killed-robbery-042112/

thispego
04-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Bob Strait, Lenore Gay, lol

Sisk
04-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Bob Strait, Lenore Gay, lol

You're a fucking moron.

thispego
04-21-2012, 11:36 PM
also...
Speaking of her father, Gay said he rarely talked about being in World War II, although he still has nightmares about the war to this day.

“He wouldn’t accept veterans aid for anything after the war,” Gay said, “since he felt like he was only doing his job, like everyone else.”

TE
04-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Man, that's fucked up.

thispego
04-21-2012, 11:42 PM
pego you are heartless
you should like this guy and express some compassion for once

like him like on facebook?

Stringer_Bell
04-21-2012, 11:54 PM
http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story/TPD-seeks-information-in-Strait-case/o6R__yEK2kGamXQEw30Xaw.cspx

Horrible crime, hopefully someone has the courage to speak up. Will not wish for death on the criminals, only that they're brought to justice.

And maybe I'll also pray Eric Holder will investigate them for a hate crime against the elderly. This shit wasn't random.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-22-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story/TPD-seeks-information-in-Strait-case/o6R__yEK2kGamXQEw30Xaw.cspx

Horrible crime, hopefully someone has the courage to speak up. Will not wish for death on the criminals, only that they're brought to justice.

And maybe I'll also pray Eric Holder will investigate them for a hate crime against the elderly. This shit wasn't random.

I doubt either one wouldve looked like Obama's son, so, I wouldn't hold your breath.

RandomGuy
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I doubt either one wouldve looked like Obama's son, so, I wouldn't hold your breath.

:rolleyes

The political forum is that way. There are whole threads devoted to this fucktarded meme.

DeadlyDynasty
04-23-2012, 01:11 PM
String his ass up.

manufan10
04-23-2012, 01:21 PM
String his ass up.

Where's Toby Keith and Willie Nelson when you need them?

DeadlyDynasty
04-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Where's Toby Keith and Willie Nelson when you need them?

In this case I would gladly help them...but TK would have to teach me his "grandpappy's" methods.