PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin doesn't deserve to be the MIP

smaka
04-22-2012, 06:09 AM
First of all, I'm not Lin/Knicks/Asian hater, not at all, but I am 100% sure he doesn't deserve to be MIP, since there are a lot of better, more improved players.

The first reason is that player who only played 35 games in the season, which is only few % above 50% of all the games, shouldn't even be in the considerations for such a reward. It's just unfair for the guys who have been putting in effort the whole season, imho. Of course it's not Lin's fault that he got injured, but still. Everyone can play few awesome games, but that's not it. Play whole season constantly, this should count. He averaged +10 points only in February and March, while other months are not even to mention. So, does a player who played only 2 months on so high level really deserve to be MIP? In my opinion, not at all.

Second reason is that he was really good when Anthony was out, so somebody had to take those 20 shots per game he makes, and so Lin did it. It's logical that someone had to score those points Carmelo would do, if he was playing, so Lin did it. But it was nothing sooo special. He got permission from his coach to play as he wants, and he did, like everyone would.

Third reason is, that his stats on road games are really poor. He shoots 10,6% worse on road than at home (50% to 39,4%), 3 pt shot is even worse (25% on road games), 18.7 pts at home to 11.6 on road, 8 ast to 4.8 etc.

And the fourth reason is, that he turns the ball over sooo much. In 11 consecutive games in February he averadged 6 TO per game. And people would like him to be MIP? Really?

I hope this reward goes to someone else...

Venti Quattro
04-22-2012, 06:11 AM
a flavor of the month isn't going to win the MIP award

100%duncan
04-22-2012, 06:16 AM
No need for the wrong explanation,tbh.

Legacy
04-22-2012, 06:54 AM
a flavor of the month isn't going to win the MIP award

:lol

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/linsanity-ice-cream.jpg

Kamnik
04-22-2012, 08:56 AM
I kind of know who you have in mind smaka with you being Slovenian and all. :D

m>s
04-22-2012, 09:26 AM
little chink had an insane month with them knicks but overall he's just a decent backup PG, he might be a decent starting PG for scrubs and if you give him 36min a game or more, 15 + 6 would be the standard products that you can expect from him.

he smelt legit playing time in the NBA and yes that's a big improvement for him over the prior season, i ain't bothering to give him the MIP award but it seems we've got some other guys who're more deserving of this award such as goran dragic

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2012, 09:36 AM
his a piece of shit as far as im concern, fkn statpadds in blowout losses....remember the knics at spurs game, he was playin in scrub minutes to get the extra 8pts when the spurs exposed his ass

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Since the award is called most improved player, Lin is the very definition of it, tbh. The only reason why he might not get it is due to his injury and only ~35 games played.

DMC
04-22-2012, 11:25 AM
NBA is a business, and Lin is great for business. He will get MIP just to pull the Chinese contingency.

BRHornet45
04-22-2012, 11:30 AM
NBA is a business, and Lin is great for business. He will get MIP just to pull the Chinese contingency.

this

sons we should all know by now how the NBA works. its all about $$$$$$ and they are going to worship, nut hug, and overrate the hell out of the the players who they think are "superstar material" and who they believe most idiots in America and around the world will buy into.

being the most deserving player to win the award has absolutely nothing to do with it in the NBA. it all boils down to who can sell their product better (see Kobe Bryant for further examples of this)

Pelicans78
04-22-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm going with Trevor Ariza. He was fucking horrible last year. Now he's just terrible.

Linsanity
04-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Dragic was a proven NBA player even if it was just as a back-up. Linsanity was playing in the D-League and sleeping on Landry's couch and somehow ended up turning the Knick's season around. He deserves the MIP despite the injury and noone comes close.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Firing Mike D'antoni turned the Knicks' season around, Lin just kept them afloat when they were about to dig themselves too deep a hole to climb out of.

pass1st
04-22-2012, 03:32 PM
First of all, I'm not Lin/Knicks/Asian hater, not at all, but I am 100% sure he doesn't deserve to be MIP, since there are a lot of better, more improved players.

The first reason is that player who only played 35 games in the season, which is only few % above 50% of all the games, shouldn't even be in the considerations for such a reward. It's just unfair for the guys who have been putting in effort the whole season, imho. Of course it's not Lin's fault that he got injured, but still. Everyone can play few awesome games, but that's not it. Play whole season constantly, this should count. He averaged +10 points only in February and March, while other months are not even to mention. So, does a player who played only 2 months on so high level really deserve to be MIP? In my opinion, not at all.

Second reason is that he was really good when Anthony was out, so somebody had to take those 20 shots per game he makes, and so Lin did it. It's logical that someone had to score those points Carmelo would do, if he was playing, so Lin did it. But it was nothing sooo special. He got permission from his coach to play as he wants, and he did, like everyone would.

Third reason is, that his stats on road games are really poor. He shoots 10,6% worse on road than at home (50% to 39,4%), 3 pt shot is even worse (25% on road games), 18.7 pts at home to 11.6 on road, 8 ast to 4.8 etc.

And the fourth reason is, that he turns the ball over sooo much. In 11 consecutive games in February he averadged 6 TO per game. And people would like him to be MIP? Really?

I hope this reward goes to someone else...

Lemme guess.....MIP: Dragic :elephant

smaka
04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
nope Im not saying Dragic should win instead of Lin (of course I would looove to see it), but I think there are simply better players to choose between.

Disturbed
04-22-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't know how many games you need to play to qualify, but no someone that has only played in 26 games not counting random garbage time games where he got in for a minute shouldn't win MIP. That isn't even close to half of this season.

If he somehow actually won that it would be a joke to try to continue to cash in on Lin.