PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Here...

Hassdabballman
06-21-2005, 11:20 PM
WHO WILL WIN GAME 7??? And Please be honest, if ur a spur fan but think detroit will take it, just say.

I say Pistons, because we have the momentum.

GrandeDavid
06-21-2005, 11:20 PM
I think the Spurs will find a way to get it done. But who the hell really knows?

Horry For 3!
06-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't ever doubt my Spurs, Spurs In 7.

Uncle_Rico
06-21-2005, 11:22 PM
i love the spurs, but im saying detroit. prove me wrong spurs.

Sense
06-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Spurs.... are you crazy.. if anyone in here says the Pistons that is proclaimed as a Spurs fan.... that's no fan.

Leetonidas
06-21-2005, 11:23 PM
The Spurs. You don't have momentum in someone elses building. Besides, why would they need momentum, according to most of you guys the play better when they're counted out and their backs are up against the walls.

2centsworth
If the same team shows up on thursday and then probably Detroit. We need them to shoot less that 70% from three point range.

Tom_Foolery
Pistons will win.

Pop hasn't coached a game 7 of this importance...Larry Brown has.

They are the defending World Champions.

The Spurs choked last year.

Maybe next year Beno will be better so he can bail out Tony in the playoffs much like how Speedy Claxton continuously bailed out Tony Parker the entire playoffs the last time we won.

If we had Speedy, I think we would've won the championship by now.

Tek_XX
06-21-2005, 11:30 PM
I correctly predicted a pistons win last night in my dreams but the score of 88-83 was not correct. Stay tuned...........

E20
06-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Spurs in 7 because, Micheal said so.

Pistons < Spurs
06-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Pistons baby. :fro

team-work
06-21-2005, 11:33 PM
In 2003, to close out series likes the ones vs the Mavs and the Nets, 3-point clutch shooters eg Steve Kerr and S Jackson were vital to Spurs' success. This year the key obviously is Robert Horry. Hope in Game 7 the Pistons left him open for a few times to drain some 3's just as he did in Game 5.

Pistonfan20
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Hopefully Pistons in 7 baby.
It was be a nail biter. What I like about this series, is whoever wins there will no excuses.

Tek_XX
06-21-2005, 11:36 PM
I just hope the Spurs leave nothing on the court, i want them in the faces of the pistons, make them play two back to back very good games to win this, if not shove it down there throat.

Uncle_Rico
06-21-2005, 11:38 PM
The Spurs. You don't have momentum in someone elses building. Besides, why would they need momentum, according to most of you guys the play better when they're counted out and their backs are up against the walls.

who the spurs? when does this happen, very rarely. they just dont look like a confident team.

tw05baller
06-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Spurs!!!!

Hassdabballman
06-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Pistons will win.

Maybe next year Beno will be better so he can bail out Tony in the playoffs much like how Speedy Claxton continuously bailed out Tony Parker the entire playoffs the last time we won.

good point. i agree pistons will take it

leonarth
06-22-2005, 07:35 AM
Spurs !!!

because Pop just want Larry Brown 100 playoffs victory :p Now that's done

NZHayden
06-22-2005, 07:38 AM
i predicted spurs in 6, but spurs in 7 is fine with me!

blaze89
06-22-2005, 07:38 AM
I can't give an answer now......it's too close to me. :spin

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-22-2005, 07:43 AM
You can throw every single stat (homecourt, teams down in best of 7, etc.) out the window. NONE of them apply in Game 7.

Simple: if the same Pistons offense shows up (>45% shooting, and draining 3s), Spurs lose.

I don't think it will happen. Spurs in a close game, 89-83.

SWC Bonfire
06-22-2005, 07:56 AM
You can throw every single stat (homecourt, teams down in best of 7, etc.) out the window. NONE of them apply in Game 7.

Simple: if the same Pistons offense shows up (>45% shooting, and draining 3s), Spurs lose.

I don't think it will happen. Spurs in a close game, 89-83.

I agree with that. Spurs play some defense, hold onto the ball and Detroit makes some but not all of the extremely difficult shots that they made in Game 6 = Spurs win.

themvp
06-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Spurs! They will respond.

NoMoneyDown
06-22-2005, 08:00 AM
Spurs.... are you crazy.. if anyone in here says the Pistons that is proclaimed as a Spurs fan.... that's no fan.

Yes, but for some "fans" there's more than pride on the line. $$$$$$

ambchang
06-22-2005, 08:00 AM
See what momentum did to the Spurs after Game 2 and 5, then what it did to the Pistons after Game 4. Momentum is overrated, adjustments will be the key. Also, history and logic tells me winning a Game 7 on the road is tough as hell, and winning two in a row at the SBC adds to that, then you have this Finals game 7 thing. When was the last time a road team won Game 7 on the road? Like never?
Spurs will bounce back, the Pistons made some very tough shots, the Spurs had mental lapses in the first and fourth quarters, next game would be a war, and the Spurs will come out on top.

ObiwanGinobili
06-22-2005, 08:05 AM
I say SPURS.
But truthfully I'm not 100% on it . Mostly because I've seen consistant problems/errors in play on our team thru out the series that I feel they havge not corrected or not corrected well enough.
But I'm nowhere in sighting distance of 100% Pistons win either.
I'm Sticking with my Spurs, I believe they have the will and the heart to pull it out on thursday.

1Parker1
06-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Tough call, it could go eithre way. And just because a Spurs fan chooses Pistons to win it all, doesn't mean they aren't really a fan. It means they aren't homers like a lot of people on this forum. Right now, Spurs and Pistons each have a 50-50 chance. I am very disapointed with the way the Spurs played last night. They had everything, and I mean everything going for them: They had the momentum of Game 5, they had their Homecourt where they've lost 5 times all season, they had Manu and Tony penetrating at will, they had the incentive of winning the freaking World Championship, and they still couldn't get it done.

Now, Homecourt, games 1-6, momentum doesn't really matter. It's one game, winnder takes all. And it could go either way. I KNOW that the Spurs are a better team and can win this thing, its just a matter of them executing and playing the way we all know they can. We will see. I am 50-50 right now.

unnosy
06-22-2005, 08:17 AM
i say spurs.
they will find a way to win it, even if they have to play football to get the ball in the net.
spurs win, but it will be ugly.
we might have to carry duncan off the court at the end of the day cos he will bring it.

cherylsteele
06-22-2005, 08:44 AM
I'd say Spurs....but....like someone said earlier that stats are null and void.....who wants it more.
I thought the Spurs were poised to make a kill run in the 3rd...they were getting to the hoop and Detroit was shooting jumpers......that was a good formula for a win....but Detroit kept hitting those jumpers...they were mostly contested......that was a major factor....you people rip Barry but he did go after it.....did you not see that great put back on one of hus misses?.....you always talk about the mistakes not what he does well.

The Spurs must:
Make FT's
Play better 3pt "D"
fewer TO's
Put Bowen on Billups in crunch time.

If I fault Pop.....that is the only fault.

spur219
06-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Spurs will win Thursday. Ain't no way Detroit beats the Spurs at home two times in a row. It won't happen.

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 08:49 AM
My heart is with the Spurs, but my brain is saying that the Pistons will win.

SouthernFried
06-22-2005, 08:51 AM
I think it comes down to...Who hits their 3's.

Piston's finally found the 3 point shot last game. Letsee if the Spurs find it the next one.

Momma_monkey
06-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Spurs Of Course

They Have To Dominate That Ball
To Protect And Defend And Score Score Score
They Need To Bang Through Wallace And Get In The Paint

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spur219
06-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Pistons found the 3 pointer last night because the Spurs were letting them. The damn 3 point defense from the Spurs was pathetic last night.

dcole50
06-22-2005, 08:53 AM
spurs. the home crowd does matter to some degree in a game 7. it's not huge, but i'd much rather be at home than in detroit.

spurs 92 pistons 87

angel_luv
06-22-2005, 08:59 AM
I have been behind these guys all year. There is no way I am abandoning them now.
Victory belongs to the Spurs!

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Tough call, it could go eithre way. And just because a Spurs fan chooses Pistons to win it all, doesn't mean they aren't really a fan. It means they aren't homers like a lot of people on this forum. Right now, Spurs and Pistons each have a 50-50 chance. I am very disapointed with the way the Spurs played last night. They had everything, and I mean everything going for them: They had the momentum of Game 5, they had their Homecourt where they've lost 5 times all season, they had Manu and Tony penetrating at will, they had the incentive of winning the freaking World Championship, and they still couldn't get it done.

Now, Homecourt, games 1-6, momentum doesn't really matter. It's one game, winnder takes all. And it could go either way. I KNOW that the Spurs are a better team and can win this thing, its just a matter of them executing and playing the way we all know they can. We will see. I am 50-50 right now.

couldn't have said it better myself. There's just no way to predict a Game 7. Piston fans will say that they've won more Game 7s than Spurs. This is true. However, that doesn't mean the Pistons will win this game 7.

The Spurs are the best opponent the Pistons have faced, and vice versa. I think it all boils down to luck, as both teams will play hard.

So, flip a coin, roll the dice, it will be just as helpful as looking at stats and "predictors."

ZappaFan
06-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Execution down the stretch will be the key. You just about have to assume the game is going to be close just like last night. Detroit won last night because they had better execution down the stretch. Plain and simple. Detroit had a little bit better poise than the Spurs did, and that resulted in better execution.

Poise isn't something that's acheived by making adjustments. It's not something that's gained by watching film. It's something that's developed over time through experience. These Pistons haven't always been like that, it's something that's grown over the past few years, and has continued to grow through this year's playoffs.

The pressure in game 7 will be even worse than it was in game 6. It's do or die for both teams. That's what makes a game 7 so phenominal.

I don't see the Spurs gaining poise from game 6 to game 7. I also don't see the Pistons losing it.

This is game 7. The time for adjustments is done. The team that has the best execution will be popping the champaigne.

HULKAROCK
06-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Gotta go with the PISTONS. They're playing with too much heart. You can feel the momentum continue..

1Parker1
06-22-2005, 09:42 AM
If the Spurs had more of the Pistons "refuse to die mentality," they would be almost unbeatable and would stop much of the choking jobs they've done in years past and maybe even this year.

If the Pistons had more of the Spurs "Consistent" play, especially on the offensive end, they would be almost unbeatable and wouldn't find themselves in so many "do or die" games to begin with.

The way I see it, each team's weakness is the pride of the other team. I really, really, really, really pray that the Spurs win tommorow night. It just seems as if all this hard work and 82 game season would be sort of a wash, no one remembers 2nd place except for the fact that they choked and couldn't get the job done.

DaBigMotor
06-22-2005, 10:04 AM
If the Spurs had more of the Pistons "refuse to die mentality," they would be almost unbeatable and would stop much of the choking jobs they've done in years past and maybe even this year.

If the Pistons had more of the Spurs "Consistent" play, especially on the offensive end, they would be almost unbeatable and wouldn't find themselves in so many "do or die" games to begin with.

The way I see it, each team's weakness is the pride of the other team. I really, really, really, really pray that the Spurs win tommorow night. It just seems as if all this hard work and 82 game season would be sort of a wash, no one remembers 2nd place except for the fact that they choked and couldn't get the job done.
That's a GREAT assessment.

dn0
06-22-2005, 10:30 AM
As much as it hurts , pistons win but not by much.
82-76

sa_butta
06-22-2005, 10:37 AM
I really want the Spurs to win but Im torn right now. I cant
tell who is really going to win. Like was said before both teams have weakness and it all comes down to whos weakness becomes exploited. Dont get me wrong I believe in my Spurs but swallow your pride Spurs fans the Pistons have put us in a situation noone thought we would be in. Most fans justs expect victory and when we lose they hang their heads. But lets be real here both teams are capable of winning this thing.

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Pistons will win.

I couldnt agree more. Excellent post

GrandeDavid
06-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Let's save bandwidth and be up front about this. What we really are asking are how many Spurs fans and how many Pistons fans are at Spurstalk. After all, no Pistons fan will pick the Spurs and vice versa.

kskonn
06-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Execution down the stretch will be the key. You just about have to assume the game is going to be close just like last night. Detroit won last night because they had better execution down the stretch. Plain and simple. Detroit had a little bit better poise than the Spurs did, and that resulted in better execution.

Poise isn't something that's acheived by making adjustments. It's not something that's gained by watching film. It's something that's developed over time through experience. These Pistons haven't always been like that, it's something that's grown over the past few years, and has continued to grow through this year's playoffs.

The pressure in game 7 will be even worse than it was in game 6. It's do or die for both teams. That's what makes a game 7 so phenominal.

I don't see the Spurs gaining poise from game 6 to game 7. I also don't see the Pistons losing it.

This is game 7. The time for adjustments is done. The team that has the best execution will be popping the champaigne.

what about game 5?

Ishta
06-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Spurs in 7....I will be with them until the end...no matter what...They will pull it out on SPURSDAY.

shelshor
06-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Gut check time
Spurs!!!!!!!!!!

CalsonicKansei
06-22-2005, 12:21 PM
The Spurs had a monster of an opportunity last night to close out the series in San Antonio SBC center. But now I think its a coin flip and Detroit is looking really good right now. But One thing you have to remember is that we got one on their floor and now they just got one back here thats all. Now we know how it feels to be down, but like the pistons we cannot be out.

And let me say this. They also had the Hall-Of-Famer Bill Walton who predicted that the spurs were going to win last night. A scared Greg Anthony who you could see that the pistons really had a small chance of winning. And we had the best ref in the house on our side Danny Crawford. You remember when he T'd up Larry Brown and when Tony drove it down the right lane and actually threw the ball away but Danny was there to say it went off of Detroit. Come on guys. I really upsets me the way they played. I mean they played really good now, but we just let too many of those threes go by us. Look, you cannot honestly predict who is going to win the next game. But, If the Spurs don't give up easy baskets like Chauncy Billups' 3's and turn the ball over then the Spurs will win the championship guaranteed. But if Detroit countiunes to play like they did last night and make really really smart plays They have a real good chance to win. Like Robert Horry said, " just go out there and have fun." And win or lose I still love my San Antonio Spurs.

DarkReign
06-22-2005, 12:29 PM

I know someone already said it, but this is THE post to read.

I am 'Stones fan, but this game on Thursday is 50-50. Believe me when I say that Homecourt, history, stats, etc mean NOTHING to either of these teams.

I am going to pass out on Thursday, I know it. Win or lose, I am proud of my team.

But more importantly, I think this series was a testament to both teams. This has become a series of EPIC proportions. All TRUE pundits of basketball wanted these particular teams to meet for the prize because they are the 2 best. This series has only validated that claim.

With that said, may the best team win.

Oh, and.....REFS! Stay the f*ck out of this game! That goes both ways.

ZappaFan
06-22-2005, 03:06 PM
what about game 5?

Everything I said applied to game 5. The Spurs executed down the stretch better than the Pistons did and they won.

As far as the poise goes, that wasn't why the Pistons lost game 5. They showed great poise in that game to come back from being down to get the game where they should have won it. Rasheed just made a bonehead play and it cost them the game. Losing his poise didn't cause that. The way he came back big the next game shows that.

I could be wrong about the way the Spurs will be in game 7. Maybe they'll learn from game 6 and show incredible poise and make all the right plays down the stretch in game 7 and beat the Pistons. This is game 7, anything can happen. That's why they lace 'em up. :)

blaze89
06-22-2005, 03:28 PM
My heart is with the Spurs...I hope, I want the Spurs to win it all but my mind says the Pistons will win game 7. They've been in this situation before and I think they live on it.

Spurs need good ball-movement to confuse and spread the defense. Hitting shots from the outside will do nice but Spurs will probably have to play perfectly to win Game 7.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ZakkVanDime/message%20boards/dimebag.gif

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-22-2005, 03:29 PM
My heart says the Spurs, my eyes have seen the Pistons. I only am afraid because the Spurs played poorly last night. And those images stick with me.

However, I can see the Spurs coming back and avoiding a horrible fate at home. The once living threat of Detroit stealing it back would be forgotten and the Spurs would reign again.

I have faith! GO SPURS GO