PDA

View Full Version : Media Coverage, not that it matters

$pursDynasty
04-22-2012, 07:09 PM
How much you want to bet the media will be all over the Lakers beating the Thunder/Kobe's back talk when all the talking heads get to it on Monday, while the Spurs owning the West/handing the Lakers their two worst defeats of the season last week, will be all but forgotten and nothing but a footnote. Not that it matters to me, and especially to the Spurs, but if it doesn't work out this way I will be totally shocked :wow. That being said the Spurs never got media love the years they won or the years following their titles :lobt: so why should now be any different? I grew up a Laker fan (Magic Johnson/showtime years). How did the Spurs become my team? I was so disgusted by the Iverson era/attitude I thought the mindset was bad for the game and bad for the kids following them so I subconsciously looked for the anti-Iverson Sixers team and that team was the Spurs. Team first defensive minded, fundamentally sound, it is why I grew to love this team. I think a lot of the kids watching, the game itself and maybe even society in general would be better off if more people were Spurs fans as opposed to Heat fans, the closest to the modern day version of those Iverson 76ers. :flag:So do you blame the media or are they just giving the people what they want?

Obstructed_View
04-22-2012, 07:13 PM
The Spurs beat the Lakers by 24 and the lead story was Kobe coming back. The highlights showed the only baskets he made. Why would anyone be surprised? It's a matter of fans. There are more Lakers fans than anything else. There are more Cowboys fans than anything else. There are more Yankees fans than anything else. There are also more people that rabidly hate those three teams. That's why they get coverage.

The lingering advice is: Just enjoy your team. Many of us have problems following it. I know I'm as guilty as anyone else.

PS: OMFG, Charisma.

$pursDynasty
04-23-2012, 12:46 PM
The Spurs beat the Lakers by 24 and the lead story was Kobe coming back. The highlights showed the only baskets he made. Why would anyone be surprised? It's a matter of fans. There are more Lakers fans than anything else. There are more Cowboys fans than anything else. There are more Yankees fans than anything else. There are also more people that rabidly hate those three teams. That's why they get coverage.

The lingering advice is: Just enjoy your team. Many of us have problems following it. I know I'm as guilty as anyone else.

PS: OMFG, Charisma.
Today might not be a good day to judge, all about Metta today. Lakers win over Thunder gets very little mention and the Spurs even less. I am not expecting a mention of the Cav's win, we aren't the Heat afterall but the Laker demolition on Friday isn't mentioned at all. Then again I'd rather be a fan of a team that is always below the radar but wins rings, instead of the media darling that never accomplishes anything.

PS: Obstructed View yea Charisma is an all time hottie, one of the best of her generation and still smokin :toast