PDA

View Full Version : This is not Tim's Fault

dbreiden83080
06-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Yes he was only 5-10 from the line but 8-14 from the field, i was screaming for him to get the ball more in the 3rd qtr and it never happened, they went way to much away from him in this game. A game 6 closeout Timmy is a 2 time finals mvp and he only gets 14 shots, he needs at least 20 give him the shots in game 7 and we will win keep the faith guys.

Horry For 3!
06-21-2005, 11:23 PM
As was I, I kept saying give the ball to Timmy he is playing good but we just kept driving and driving with Manu.

Sense
One Word...

Manu

Alchal
I agree.

ballhog
06-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Couple of key turnovers by Manu in the last few minutes. Should have let Duncan have it and go at Rasheed.

Supergirl
06-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Absolutely it is not his fault. Spurs need to not go the way of the Heat and let the Pistons keep Duncan from getting the ball on EVERY DAMN POSSESSION.

Manu and Parker got hot early and that was good, but then Parker forgot to be looking to pass more. He must do better at that. Pop should have Manu play PG more in Game 7, and what's with not having Bowen guard Billups this game? It worked brilliantly in Game 5.

Overall Spurs played a mediocre game. They held their own for 3 and a half quarters, but they need to do more than hold their own. They need to come out aggressive and swaggering to win this series.

Disappointed. Hopeful that the Spurs will bounce back hard and slam it in the Pistons faces in game 7.

Jim Rome
06-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Amazing.

Just what one would predict from a bunch of weekend Spurs fans. Didn't you even watch the game? The reason why the Spurs lost was plain and simple. One word-- Ben Wallace. The man is playing the game of basketball simply like no other human being except, I don't know, Shaquille O'Neal in the movie Blue Chips.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go blog about this in my online journal.

http://www.jimrome.com

NASHville
06-21-2005, 11:29 PM
I agree, Manu made some poor decisions and they should have attacked Sheed.

dn0
06-21-2005, 11:31 PM
The spurs couldn't compete with the pistons tonight, what else can you say?
They knocked down every single shot, they got the rebounds and hustle plays when they needed them and the result is obvious they won.
Except for free throw shooting and a couple of bad possesions we couldn't have done it much better.

dbreiden83080
06-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Through 3 qtrs i am saying to myself Manu is playing well, tony is playing ok we are right there, but we need to get Tim more touches when you are 8-14 from the field in the biggest game of the year get him the damn ball. I don't know if it was pop or just the flow of the game that took the ball out of his hands but we need to fix it you play all year for this chance game 7 on your floor we have to win this, losing 2 in a row on our floor is not acceptable.

Supergirl
06-21-2005, 11:36 PM
The spurs couldn't compete with the pistons tonight, what else can you say?
They knocked down every single shot, they got the rebounds and hustle plays when they needed them and the result is obvious they won.
Except for free throw shooting and a couple of bad possesions we couldn't have done it much better.

the Spurs weathered the Pistons hot 3 point shooting. they didn't play as hard in the fourth, when they needed to close it out. sheed had 5 fouls - duncan needed to take it straight to him and force him to move out or foul. he did that one one possession, and got the shot. parker and manu couldn't get the ball to him enough, and both had too many TOs. Better ball control in the 7th game, and Spurs win.

Spurs outrebounded the Pistons and still lost. They did not out-assist the Pistons. that's key.

Wallace, IMHO, had a pretty mediocre game. But they didn't need him, since the Pistons spent 3 quarters jacking up jump shots that were falling.

cmc$purs
06-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Team freethrows sucked 16-26 :depressed
could not get the 6 foul on rashweed :smokin
no bowen on billups :huh
everything they jacked up went in :cuss
to much dribbling :nope
threes did not go down 8-28 :shootme
turnovers :oops
no fourth quarter poise :wtf

Clean it up spurs
GO SPURS GO

SPURS IN 7

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Mayeb tim needs olajuwon to come in and give him props before the game :D

FUCK THIS SHIT keep on forcin into the lane duncan and force those fouls.

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Do you all remember when Tim Duncan was the player to go to in the clutch????????????

constantstate
06-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Do you all remember when Tim Duncan was the player to go to in the clutch????????????

i do. but i also remember when he had ankles and could jump higher than a roll of nickles. i was kinda blaming him during the game, but you know... he's carried a team on his back for so long... its just not cool to see him struggle though.

at one point on the freethrow line... i heard/saw him say "come on tim" and he made the second. after that... its hard to blame a guy for anything. im pretty sure a healthy tim duncan would have had this series wrapped up in 4 or 5.

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 12:30 AM
If your theory about the ankles is right, fine. But remember. History will not say TD failed in 2005 'cause of his ankles. It will say, TD failed in 2005, period

Solid D
06-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Very sloppy play off and on throughout the game. Parker is not doing a good job of being a floor leader. Not at all. He is succumbing to ball pressure on offense.

Brent Barry had some good spots, as did Gino, but in the 2nd half when the game was there for whoever wanted it...Barry missed a layup, Nazr was soft and didn't dunk it and blew an easy bucket, Timmy missed a couple of put-back layups on offensive rebounds...no one was diving for loose balls and Tayshaun and Ben went all-out to keep possesions alive that led to big 2nd-chance points, including a couple of huge 3s.

2:15 left and 1 point separated the two teams and the Spurs flubbed it up.

Now, it's on to bringing relentless burial of the Pistons in Game 7 with crowd noise that makes it impossible for the Pistons to remain poised.

T Park
06-22-2005, 12:41 AM
bringing relentless burial of the Pistons in Game 7 with crowd noise that makes it impossible for the Pistons to remain poised.

The crowd wont bother a team like the freakin Pistons come on.

So, the Spurs should have run more 4 down???

But, but, I thought that play shouldn't be run at all!??!?