PDA

View Full Version : D-Day vet beaten, wife killed in robery, media ignores because victims were white

BRHornet45
04-22-2012, 09:53 PM
D-Day vet beaten, wife killed in robbery

The 101st Airborne Division Association is asking its members and other Screaming Eagles veterans to step up and help one of their own — a 90-year-old D-Day veteran who nearly died as a result of a brutal home invasion last month.

Bob Strait of Tulsa, Okla., was hospitalized after a vicious March 14 robbery that killed his wife, 85-year-old Nancy Strait. She was beaten and raped in the attack.

The couple, who met on a blind date on Thanksgiving Day 1946, had been married for 65 years.

Police have one suspect in custody, but they believe as many as four others took part in the home invasion.

One of the Strait’s daughters, Lenore Gay, said the investigation is ongoing, but she is unhappy that Tulsa police have mustered nowhere near the resources in her parents’ case as those applied to a nationally reported shooting spree in Tulsa that occurred at around the same time.

Gay is hugely grateful for any financial help on behalf of her family, but has also asked members of the 101st Airborne Division Association to contact Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett and ask that a task force be set up immediately to find the remaining suspects still at large in her parents’ case.

Speaking of her father, Gay said he rarely talked about being in World War II, although he still has nightmares about the war to this day.

“He wouldn’t accept veterans aid for anything after the war,” Gay said, “since he felt like he was only doing his job, like everyone else.”

“He put his life on the line back then, and he deserves to be taken care of now. We’re still trying to get him to accept some kind of government assistance, but during the war, he wouldn’t even accept a Purple Heart because he felt that his injuries weren’t severe enough.”

101st Airborne Association Executive Secretary Wayne St. Louis said he hopes association members and others will step up to help the Strait family.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/04/gannett-army-101st-airborne-veteran-beaten-wife-killed-robbery-042112/

Tulsa: Murderous, Racist Attack on Nancy and Bob Strait

http://nicholasstixuncensored.blogspot.com/2012/04/tulsa-murderous-racist-attack-on-nancy.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_r4hjbClrnU/T5B-Zn9VfjI/AAAAAAAAFSg/g5h1hvn7UWg/s1600/Tulsa%2BBob%2Band%2BNancy%2BStrait.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bY078fwA-8Q/T5B_Fh5eP7I/AAAAAAAAFSs/xTnYFvHhCKw/s400/Tulsa%2BTyrone%2BDale%2BDavid%2BWoodfork%252C%2B20 %252C%2Bhas%2Bbeen%2Bcharged%2Bwith%2Battacking%2B the%2BStraits.jpg

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 09:59 PM
if i could get my hands on these little hoodlums it would be a bloodbath. shit pissed me off..media is biased these days too.

BRHornet45
04-22-2012, 10:07 PM
so sons let me get this straight .... the President of the United States speaks out for Trayvon Martin, his wife Michelle calls Trayvon's death "a tremendous loss", the media twist all the facts around to get the public all riled up, but not a word mentioned about this tragedy for a man who dedicated his life to this country serving in D-Day.

seems normal in this world we live in today right?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Jesus there are some sick fucks out there

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2012, 10:21 PM
even if he pulls though he won't live long, widowers rarely do.

BRHornet45
04-22-2012, 10:31 PM
i bet this gets national pub now that the military is rallying around them

son its been well over a month since it happened. you can't even find that much media coverage on it with a basic Google search. this story reminds me of the young couple who was kidnapped, raped, tortured, and killed in Tennessee a few years ago and was also ignored by the media ...

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom

Channon Gail Christian, 21, and Hugh Christopher Newsom, Jr., 23, were a couple from Knoxville, Tennessee. They were both raped, tortured and murdered after being kidnapped early on the morning of January 7, 2007. Their vehicle had been carjacked. Five suspects were arrested and charged in the case. The grand jury indicted four of the suspects on counts of capital murder, robbery, kidnapping, rape and theft (a fifth was indicted on the federal level).

The national news media was criticized for allegedly ignoring the story because the victims were white and the suspects black; most news updates came from local media and non-traditional news sites. This criticism was also fueled by erroneous early reports of dismemberment and mutilations. Most of the original reports with misinformation (reported from a federal deputy US Marshal after the suspects' arrest in Kentucky) were later denied by the District Attorney.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newso m#Reaction_and_accusations_of_racism

Spurminator
04-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Maybe if they were younger and were kidnapped instead of robbed, they would have gotten appropriate coverage, tbh, sons.

Stringer_Bell
04-22-2012, 11:47 PM
See my post here, http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195440

The White House needs to step in, it's only fair. God bless.

Jesus
04-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Jesus there are some sick fucks out there

Just read the "Jesus" thread and you'll know why.

Biernutz
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM
This is the type of crime that the Lib media gives a pass on.

O.J. Simpson
04-23-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't get it. Hasn't there been already an arrest? Won't they arrest the others if they catch them? Won't they all get lethal injection if caught?

I haven't seen so many mad white people since my trial!

TheSkeptic
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
^^ Nice trolling.

As for the case, words can't begin to describe how sorry I am to hear this.

Trill Clinton
04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
start a online petition and get the ball rolling like we did for young Trayvon.

Al Sharpton
04-23-2012, 01:16 PM
This is the type of crime that the Lib media gives a pass on.

:rolleyes And yet the only reports of a lost/kidnapped child are always blond, blue eyed kids.

Blake
04-23-2012, 04:28 PM
BRHornet got an email telling him he should be outraged over this lack of national media attention and he goose stepped as directed.

fevertrees
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
We are tyrone!

Biernutz
04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't see why 5 thugs who raped and killed a 85 year old woman should get any run in the lib press, after all she didn't have any skittles on her.

Creepn
04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
start a online petition and get the ball rolling like we did for young Trayvon.

Yeah the Trayvon issue had little media coverage as well and was about to be swept under the rug until we started rallying.

In this case, I believe the detectives are working around the clock to find the other assholes.

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2012, 07:54 PM
this is how the media is
its because the media EXPECTS this from black people and don't report it as news. If zimmerman went to treyvon's house and murdered him and his mother he would be put to death the next day.

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah the Trayvon issue had little media coverage as well and was about to be swept under the rug until we started rallying.

In this case, I believe the detectives are working around the clock to find the other assholes.

and lovely idiot media jumping on the ''fucking coons'' audio bit when it got debunked a week later as him saying ''its fucking cold''

Creepn
04-23-2012, 08:00 PM
and lovely idiot media jumping on the ''fucking coons'' audio bit when it got debunked a week later as him saying ''its fucking cold''

Just like when the lovely idiot cops jumped on his "self defense" claim and did a shitty job surveying the crime scene.

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Just like when the cops jumped on his "self defense" claim and did a shitty job surveying the crime scene.

it was self defense like you said he wouldn't even be in jail if you ''guys'' didn't rally. florida can't afford riots right now

Creepn
04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
it was self defense like you said he wouldn't even be in jail if you ''guys'' didn't rally. florida can't afford riots right now

That's right, he wouldn't have been arrested. Riots whatever it takes. Why don't you quit bitching and get the ball rolling for this poor man? Youll def. have my support no doubt about it.

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2012, 08:07 PM
white guilt prevents me from starting my own rallies

Creepn
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
white guilt prevents me from starting my own rallies

Lol. Trust me, you have no white guilt and you shouldn't. I don't think anybody should have white guilt. Racial peace is good enough.

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2012, 08:14 PM
racial segregation worked

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2012, 08:14 PM
why isn't t his all over the news?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=627_1335161252

Creepn
04-23-2012, 08:26 PM
racial segregation worked

Nah, if segregation worked up to this point, this country would be in civil unrest. Always fighting and killing. In the end, we would've came together anyway for the sake of peace.

O.J. Simpson
04-23-2012, 08:32 PM
why isn't t his all over the news?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=627_1335161252

Quiet Beener

Biernutz
04-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Have you ever noticed like the Liveleak vid that when you rob your victim it's not a hate crime. Just remember when you sucker punch some one or jump them as a gang---rob them!

The Franchise
04-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Why waste the resources? They were going to die soon anyway.