PDA

View Full Version : How does the MWP atrocity stack up with...

DeadlyDynasty
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Kermit Washington KO-ing Rudy T and Jason Terry's Nut punch to Finley?

We've yet to see the fall-out from this one, but Rudy T's career was never the same after that (and KW was a public enemy), while the Terry nut-punch uprooted at least one Spur fan's family to Port Arthur.

How would you rank the 3, with 1 being the worst?

ElNono
04-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Don't forget Sprewell choking PJ Carlesimo, because he couldn't feed his children :cry

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Washington was deliberate my opinion on ron artest was this

i just don't think ron artest is mentally capable to hit someone's head without looking at them. I mean mentally smart enough not mentally emotionally.

and i stick by that

DeadlyDynasty
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Don't forget Sprewell choking PJ Carlesimo, because he couldn't feed his children :cry

Sprewell flourished with the Knicks (and to some extent, Minny) afterwards though. PJ won a couple titles as an assistant on SAS. No fall-out from that imho

ElNono
04-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Sprewell flourished with the Knicks (and to some extent, Minny) afterwards though. PJ won a couple titles as an assistant on SAS. No fall-out from that imho

One month into the 2005-06 season and without a contract, Sprewell's agent, Bob Gist, said his client would rather retire than play for the NBA minimum salary, telling Sports Illustrated, "Latrell doesn't need the money that badly. To go from being offered $7 million to taking $1 million, that would be a slap in the face."

Several days later, Gist said that Sprewell planned to wait until "teams get desperate" around the trade deadline in February, and then sign with a contending team (an eventuality that never materialized). Gist said that Sprewell would not be interested in signing for any team's $5 million mid-level exception, calling that amount "a level beneath which [Sprewell] would not stoop or kneel!"

:lmao:lmao:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
04-22-2012, 10:44 PM
One month into the 2005-06 season and without a contract, Sprewell's agent, Bob Gist, said his client would rather retire than play for the NBA minimum salary, telling Sports Illustrated, "Latrell doesn't need the money that badly. To go from being offered $7 million to taking $1 million, that would be a slap in the face."

Several days later, Gist said that Sprewell planned to wait until "teams get desperate" around the trade deadline in February, and then sign with a contending team (an eventuality that never materialized). Gist said that Sprewell would not be interested in signing for any team's $5 million mid-level exception, calling that amount "a level beneath which [Sprewell] would not stoop or kneel!"

That had nothing to do with the GSW fuck-up, though...he was offered a lucrative contract from Minny after the 2004 or 05 season and turned it down.

ElNono
04-22-2012, 10:45 PM
That had nothing to do with the GSW fuck-up...he was offered a lucrative contract from Minny after the 2004 season and turned it down.

yep... I was just looking up whatever happened with him and spotted that... :lol

Leetonidas
04-22-2012, 10:47 PM

I wonder how fucking stupid he felt after that :lol

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 10:47 PM
way worse than the nut punch, not nearly as bad as kermit washington though

baseline bum
04-22-2012, 10:57 PM
None compare to the Bowen step-under with Amare.

NRHector
04-22-2012, 10:58 PM
I give it a 1, look at Hardin neck the way it moves and then Artest moving his arm very unnatural when his running down the court and when his was walking back to the locker room. His arm or shoulder looked like it was hurting too

Thompson
04-22-2012, 11:01 PM
None compare to the Bowen step-under with Amare.

Truly vicious. Everyone knows when you're defending someone and they jump, you're supposed to run away so they're comfortable and have an unobstructed view of the basket.

William Hung
04-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Nothing tops Karl Malone's elbow to the Admiral and the :cry no call :cry

6BgSB2aFRP4

LnGrrrR
04-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Nothing will top Kermit's punch (hopefully). You also forgot McHale clotheslining. But that Kermit punch was a long time ago... the game has gotten a lot more strict nowadays. Hell, you can't even leave the bench during a brawl without getting ejected/suspended.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2012, 01:17 AM
It's pretty damn high on the list. It's very possible to kill or permanently injure someone when you hit them anywhere behind the ear with that kind of force. Amazing Harden could stand after that, I've seen boxers get knocked completely out for long periods of time from much less vicious shots.

Trill Clinton
04-23-2012, 08:45 AM

Sprewell is a real nigga for that. Carlesimo was barking up the wrong tree.

Venti Quattro
04-23-2012, 08:52 AM
It's pretty damn high on the list. It's very possible to kill or permanently injure someone when you hit them anywhere behind the ear with that kind of force. Amazing Harden could stand after that, I've seen boxers get knocked completely out for long periods of time from much less vicious shots.

1pBeCQak588

Leetonidas
04-23-2012, 09:18 AM
dirty fucking flopping Canadian

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Truly vicious. Everyone knows when you're defending someone and they jump, you're supposed to run away so they're comfortable and have an unobstructed view of the basket.

:rollin

KobeOwnsDuncan
04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
dirty fucking flopping Canadian

With Manu Ginobli on the Mount Rushmore of flopping, along with Duncan.

DMC
04-23-2012, 05:18 PM
With obvious violent outbursts, there should be a 3 strikes policy (no pun intended). After the 3rd, you're done and your contract is voided, you're not allowed to play in the NBA.