PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to James Harden from Spurs Nation

Splits
04-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Dear Mr. Harden,

Here is to a quick and speedy recovery. Certainly, the goal of the San Antonio Spurs in their two last meetings with the LA Gangsters was to put the wood to them convincingly, knowing that they could not possibly maintain composure and would melt down in epic fashion. We beat that ass in LA by 20+. Three days later we beat that ass in SA by 20+ in Kobe's comeback. These beatings were part of the bigger picture: demoralize that team to the point of self-destruction.

We knew they were a flaccid and facile team. We knew they have no self-control. We knew they hate their coach and it was only a matter of time before they quit or resort to tactics reminiscent of modern-day Mogadishu.

What we didn't know was who they would try to intentionally injure. Unfortunately, it was you. There is no place in the NBA for their behavior. But please do not blame the Spurs franchise. We we're simply putting them out of commission; legally. The thuggish and violent tactics, while tangentially caused by the Spurs, were by no means directed at you or your team.

We hope you fully recover and can play at full-strength during the WCF.

Sincerely,
Spurs Fan

FkLA
04-23-2012, 03:03 AM
spurs=class

will_spurs
04-23-2012, 03:30 AM
This is exactly what I was fearing on Friday. The fact that they waited for next game doesn't make me feel better about it. If Stern wants an example of something that really compromises his league, that's it.

silverblk mystix
04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
I totally disagree with what World Beast did yesterday, but I did take exception to Harden going over to bump Artest while he is in the middle of celebrating his dunk. That's something you will never see a Spurs player do. If someone makes a big play on the opposing team and is celebrating, I have never seen a Spurs player go over and try and deter him from celebrating, maybe just Rodman but Rodman was crazy as well.

If someone came over and bumped me while I was celebrating, I would take exception to it as well. I wouldn't elbow the guy, but I would probably give him a little shove to get him outta my way.

I hope Harden is ok and is 100% for the Playoffs, but this was a lesson learned not to go up and bumped guys who are in the middle of celebrating a play, especially World Peace.

This makes no sense.

It is like saying a girl deserved to be raped....for whatever reason you make up....

No sense at all.

FkLA
04-23-2012, 09:22 AM
^If shes acting and dressing like a hoe shes asking for it imo.

DeadlyDynasty
04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
:cry:cry:cry

will_spurs
04-23-2012, 09:27 AM
I hope Harden is ok and is 100% for the Playoffs, but this was a lesson learned not to go up and bumped guys who are in the middle of celebrating a play, especially World Peace.

Yeah so when playing against "World Peace", one should not disrupt his chest-beating antics (even if to angle to get the inbound pass), one should not score over him, dunk over him, grab a rebound he wanted, steal the ball from him, intercept his passes, contest his shots, block his shots, cover him on the perimeter, block him out in the paint, etc.

Basically, everyone should stop playing basketball when MWP is around because, you know, doing so might be rewarded with an elbow to the neck/face.

Totally makes sense. Or you're an idiot.

Mr. Body
04-23-2012, 09:54 AM
I totally disagree with what World Beast did yesterday, but I did take exception to Harden going over to bump Artest while he is in the middle of celebrating his dunk. That's something you will never see a Spurs player do. If someone makes a big play on the opposing team and is celebrating, I have never seen a Spurs player go over and try and deter him from celebrating, maybe just Rodman but Rodman was crazy as well.

If someone came over and bumped me while I was celebrating, I would take exception to it as well. I wouldn't elbow the guy, but I would probably give him a little shove to get him outta my way.

It's gamesmanship and you see it all the time. Don't get in a snit about it.

SpurinDallas
04-23-2012, 10:01 AM
That sucks about Harden and I hope he recovers. But I think people will retract their apologies if he kicks our ass in the WCF, costing us a shot at the title

GSH
04-23-2012, 10:30 AM
You're apologizing to Harden for something Ron Artest did?

Then shouldn't you apologize to Vlade Divac for that whole Bosnia thing, too?

silverblk mystix
04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Thank you, someone with some insight on this topic.

If it were Durant or Westbrook, I would feel differently, but Durant or Westbrook would not have done what Harden did.

Harden perpetually does these sort of antics game in and game out. Finally this stuff catches up to you. I think Artest should be suspended 5 game minimum, 10 games to send a message I would understand as well. But I consider the source that instigated his actions and Harden just picked the wrong moment and player to be chippy with this time.

You still don't get it.

You are still justifying someone's criminal actions because someone outside of them "made" them do it.

This is what criminals say all the time...and they waste most of their lives in trouble or incarcerated because someone "made" them do it.

No one makes you do anything. You always choose what to do ...you have control of yourself and you can internalize it, overlook it, think it over, react peacefully, react violently,etc....

...but whichever choice you made....YOU did it.

boutons_deux
04-23-2012, 11:19 AM
NRA wants all players to carry guns in games.

silverblk mystix
04-23-2012, 11:41 AM
I AM NOT JUSTIFYING HIS ACTIONS. I think he should be suspended, because I have said repeatly Artest reaction WAS TOTALLY WRONG.

But I consider the source of the incident and Harden is one of those players that throws out his knees and elbows in the back of player and all that little shit to try and get inside his opponents head. He is a chippy as they come. Most players respect physical play, but most including myself hate it when guys do those cheap little antics continously.

Eventually those tactics can come and bite you in the rear and they did yesterday, because Artest lost it at that moment. Artest should be suspended 5 games + for his actions because they were unwarranted.

So when someone justified a girl being raped and deserving it because she dressed like a hoe....and you agreed with him....it wasn't justifying?

OK....

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
So when someone justified a girl being raped and deserving it because she dressed like a hoe....and you agreed with him....it wasn't justifying?

OK....

When a girl dresses up like a ho, it's because she wants the D.

She doesn't deserve rape, but she should also know that not everybody she's attracting is mentally stable.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Also, looks like silverblack would love a couple minutes of a shackled MWP all to himself, to administer his daily brand of prison justice:lol

silverblk mystix
04-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Nope, Because probably you and I know myself wouldn't rape a girl/woman just because she paraded herself as a whore.

But there some guys who would. And those guys should go to Jail. Nothing justifies rape, but some men resolve is alot less than others.

Artest is know to act rashingly with his emotions. I am sure Harden knows this. So why get chippy needlessly with someone who has mental issues.

It would be like a girl dressing and parading herself as a whore right in front of an ex rapist house. She asking for it, but doesnt mean that I condone rape whatsoever.

Your trolling me, right?

silverblk mystix
04-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Also, looks like silverblack would love a couple minutes of a shackled MWP all to himself, to administer his daily brand of prison justice:lol

What kind of a person do you think I am?

I'd unshackle him first....then we'd see how tough he is...

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I'd unshackle him first....then we'd see how tough he is...

:lmao and I'd gleefully read your obit the next day

maverick1948
04-23-2012, 12:37 PM

I don't know what video you watched but Hardin did NOT "come over" to the idiot and bump him. The idiot bumped Hardin and then threw the elbow. Maybe you have rose colored glasses but 99.9% of the league doesnt.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
So World Peace is expected to be suspended for violence. I see.

TampaDude
04-23-2012, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't be afraid one bit of Artest in a fight.

I'd just shoot the bastard and be done with it. :lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
So World Peace is expected to be suspended for violence. I see.

Hey! Congratulations for being the first person to pick up on the irony of that!

:tu