PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What coaches do NBA players want to play for

wildbill2u
04-23-2012, 10:14 AM
The poll is from Sports Illustrated.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/18/si-poll-players-want-celtics-doc-rivers-as-their-coach/ has more of a story.

Doc Rivers is tops; D'Antoni is second and Pop is 3rd.

My guess is that the D'Antoni vote is because he wants the guys to play run and gun street ball and they like that attitude in a coach.

I hafta think the city they coach in has something to do with the players vote. IMO if Pop coached in NY, Boston, Miami or Chicago he'd win in a walk.

Which coach would you like to play for the...

MOST?

DOC RIVERS, CELTICS 22%

MIKE D'ANTONI 21%

GREGG POPOVICH, SPURS 16%

RICK CARLISLE, MAVERICKS 6%

RICK ADELMAN, T-WOLVES 5%

LEAST?

STAN VAN GUNDY, MAGIC 22%

SCOTT SKILES, BUCKS 14%

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Skiles, really?

sehui
04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't think city has to do with anything. It has to do with Pop. A lot of NBA players don't give a shit about winning, since a lot of them aren't superstars, and just want to have fun and get paid.

Playing under Pop means you have very high expectations and good work ethic, which a lot of players lack. Also, he's kind of a hardass.

TheSkeptic
04-23-2012, 12:14 PM
I've heard that Doc Rivers is really good at motivating players and managing people so that makes sense. Pop seems like he'd be tough to play for with his at times abrasive personality and between that and his high standards I can see why some players would want to avoid San Antonio.

But why is D' Antoni so high on this list?

Venti Quattro
04-23-2012, 12:23 PM
But why is D' Antoni so high on this list?

His free-willing style is attractive to a lot of players

The ADMIRAL 50
04-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Skiles, really?

known for being a hardliner, defense first guy