PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs win tonight

sharkenleo
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Can Pop just leave everyone home and call up the Austin Toros to play the last 2 games?

SpurinDallas
04-23-2012, 03:21 PM
The critics are gonna come after Pop if we win tonight and then he sits his Big 3 against PHX who is in a battle for the last playoff spot. Would like for Pop to give a big EFF YOU to the league at that point for making us finish out this ridiculous schedule the last 5 days of the regular season.

TampaDude
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Win tonight and dump the last two games. We could face PHX in the first round instead of Utah. It's a win-win.

Not that I'm all that worried about the Jazz in the playoffs. :lol

DesignatedT
04-23-2012, 03:25 PM
big 3 should stay home

TampaDude
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
big 3 should stay home

Heh...the last two games are on national TV, too. Pop could stick it to the national media twice! :lol

Reck
04-23-2012, 03:30 PM
The critics are gonna come after Pop if we win tonight and then he sits his Big 3 against PHX who is in a battle for the last playoff spot. Would like for Pop to give a big EFF YOU to the league at that point for making us finish out this ridiculous schedule the last 5 days of the regular season.

I dont see why they come after him. It is the absolute right thing to do.

Suns control their own fate and Spurs will have little to do with it. They play the Jazz tomorrow. If Suns lose that one they're gone.

Also Jazz have to win their lat 2 remaining games while Suns only have to win one more.

Mugen
I'd be in favor of the Silver Stars making the trip, tbh.

SpurinDallas
Heh...the last two games are on national TV, too. Pop could stick it to the national media twice! :lol

That would be so awesome! Especially with PHX still in the running for the last playoff spot, and we tank on purpose. :lol

I wonder why though, with our very scarce National TV games throughout the season, would the league want our final 2 games against inferior opponents (I know the TV schedules are made at the beginning of the season, but the last few seasons have seen the Suns and Warriors sucking pretty badly). Were they planning on these last 2 games being the end of the Tim Duncan era or our Championship run, and they wanted all the country to see it? Hmmm....

justinandimcool
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
in the Portland game he sat the big 3 + Bonner and Neal

IMO against GSW and PHX he should sit Duncan, Parker, Ginobili for both, Jack/Splitter for one and Bonner/Diaw for the other

maybe Green too even though his shoulder looks better

dgaf, just get all these guys to the playoffs in one piece.

sharkenleo
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I'd be in favor of the Silver Stars making the trip, tbh.

:lmao

sa_butta
04-23-2012, 03:53 PM
If we win tonight, no need to risk injury on the last two.

JustinJDW
04-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Yep, sit all the Big 3 the last couple games. Don't even make the trip. Let the media cry about it.

Phenomanul
04-23-2012, 03:58 PM
I dont see why they come after him. It is the absolute right thing to do.

Suns control their own fate and Spurs will have little to do with it. They play the Jazz tomorrow. If Suns lose that one they're gone.

Also Jazz have to win their lat 2 remaining games while Suns only have to win one more.

Not to mention, we already gifted the Jazz a game by sitting out the Big-3 on April 9th... we'd only be extending the same courtesy to Phoenix....

Brazil
04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
yes he can

TampaDude
04-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Not to mention, we already gifted the Jazz a game by sitting out the Big-3 on April 9th... we'd only be extending the same courtesy to Phoenix....

Ah, true...fair is fair... :lol

Spursfan092120
04-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Win tonight...I'll be there..thanks to Stubhub. After that, sit EVERYONE!! Fuck what the critics think..we'll just remind them about last year and the elbow. Bullshit...we need to be healthy..sit em all.

Bill_Brasky
04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
We win tonight, I want the big 3 to rest and no starters to play more than a quarter and a half or so of the last 2.

We're not repeating last year's little incident.

boutons_deux
04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
If we block PHX again, Nash is gonna cry.

We owe nothing to PHX, they eliminated us on our own floor a couple years ago.

ffadicted
04-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Go for 50 wins and have tony roll his ankle and manu crack a rib imo

TampaDude
04-23-2012, 04:19 PM

Not funny, bro... :lol

SpurinDallas
04-23-2012, 04:21 PM

:vomit:

bus driver
04-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Can Pop just leave everyone home and call up the Austin Toros to play the last 2 games?

:pop:
Consider it done

PublicOption
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
That would be awesome.

Keepin' it real
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM
The critics are gonna come after Pop if we win tonight and then he sits his Big 3 against PHX who is in a battle for the last playoff spot.

I doubt it. Sitting your players after you've clinched HCA makes sense. (Just like in the NFL, when a team clinches home field early enough, they often coast through the last couple of games, even if their opponent is in the playoff chase.)

But sitting your players when you haven't clinched anything yet ... now THAT is worthy of criticism.

Jimcs50
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
I think Pop will play TD tonight, then sit him til Sat, game 1.

He will sit Manu tonight, then probably play him against Phoenix, and sit him at GS.

Parker will play all 3 games, I think.

MB3//
04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
We can call up Cory Joseph for the trip right?

Mugen
04-23-2012, 05:01 PM

He will sit Manu tonight, then probably play him against Phoenix, and sit him at GS.

That would be the stupidest thing Pop could do. Absolutely retarded.

Jimcs50
04-23-2012, 05:27 PM
That would be the stupidest thing Pop could do. Absolutely retarded.

Parker is not old, he could play some all three games. He is in a groove, hate to see his get rusty

dbreiden83080
04-23-2012, 05:33 PM

Who cares Tim and Manu need the rest. Win tonight and sit them out.. Play the damn cheerleaders for all it matters..

dbreiden83080
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Parker is not old, he could play some all three games. He is in a groove, hate to see his get rusty

Can't risk an injury. Not worth it..

Mugen
04-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Can't risk an injury. Not worth it..

therealtruth
04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Might as well sit them out of the first game of the playoffs too.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Patty Mills
Cory Joseph
James Anderson
Dejuan Blair
Matt Bonner

Start em and play em for 48 straight.

SpursIndonesia
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM

This, especially if Chicago loses @Indiana and we have a good shot at homecourt advantage throughout the post season. Just make sure if Phoenix game is still worth something for them, and they play chippy, pull out the important players.

TVI
04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Win tonight and dump the last two games. We could face PHX in the first round instead of Utah. It's a win-win.

Not that I'm all that worried about the Jazz in the playoffs. :lol

this

Arcadian
04-23-2012, 07:10 PM
It's one thing to rest Tim and Manu, who are older players with a recent history of injuries. But why would you rest Parker? He's a young PG in his prime, MVP of the team, and there is no way he actually needs "rest." If he plays in those last two games, we'll win them both and have a shot at the best record in the NBA.

Mugen
04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Might as well sit them out of the first game of the playoffs too.

It's one thing to rest Tim and Manu, who are older players with a recent history of injuries. But why would you rest Parker? He's a young PG in his prime, MVP of the team, and there is no way he actually needs "rest." If he plays in those last two games, we'll win them both and have a shot at the best record in the NBA.

Thank you GNSFs.

I'm sure you guys also thought the Spurs could beat Memphis last year without a healthy Manu or that Chicago is gonna come out of the east this year with a gimpy Rose.

blackfire12
04-23-2012, 07:30 PM
fuck no i want 50