PDA

View Full Version : If you had to pick an MVP for either team right now.....

Pistons_In_7
06-21-2005, 11:28 PM
For Detroit i would love to pick Ben Wallace however Chauncy is just as deserving.

For San Antonio i would have to pick Manu.

Leetonidas
06-21-2005, 11:29 PM
Spurs: Tim Duncan. What Manu did tonight was inexcusable.

Pistons: Chauncy. The guy has been amazing ALL series long.

ChumpDumper
06-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Duncan

Billups

Pistons < Spurs
Billups, and Duncan

MannyIsGod
Billups for Detroit. Hands down.

Manu/Tim for SA depending on who comes out and tastes blood on Thursday.

whottt
06-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Billups for Detroit...If you ask me which Piston most deserves a Bullet in the head...it's Billups 9 out of 10 times. Ben Wallace isn't even close IMO.

myhc
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
definitely chauncey and either manu/tim.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Until this game, Ben was pretty much the barometer for how the rest of the team played.

But now it's clearly Chauncey.

Spurs have been inconsistent across the board since game 3.

Pistons_In_7
06-21-2005, 11:35 PM
I agree, Billups has been huge but i dont think Detroit could have pulled off their first two wins in Detroit without the energy and play that Big Ben brought to those games.

Plus Chauncy already has an MVP trophy and he said hed like to see Big Ben get it this year.

Manu, has made some questionable plays and mistakes down the stretch but without him they would not be in this series. Duncan has been choking in crunch time as well but both of them are huge for their team.

FreshPrince22
06-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Chauncey for the Pistons. Horry for the Spurs .face it, there would be no game 7 if it weren't for horry, and Timmy has choked like crazy.
________
Ocean View Condominium Prathumnak (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

ReppinTheD
06-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Detroit Pistons: Chauncey Billups - He is showing up when it counts, he is acting like the leader of this team when it's needed the most. Runner up - Ben Wallace

San Antonio Spurs: Tim Duncan - He took his team on his shoulders, and is playing his butt off to beat Detroit. You need a leader in times like the Finals, and Tim is doing it perfectly. Runner up - Manu Ginobili

timvp
06-22-2005, 02:04 AM
Billups for Detroit.

San Antonio? Eh, who deserves it. Duncan hasn't played to his potential. Manu has pretty much sucked after two good games. Parker is in the shadows. Bowen was my MVP until he let Rip rip him a new one. Horry was clutch, but that's 1 1/2 good games for him in the series. Hell, I guess just give it to Brent Barry to make Whottt happy. He deserves it about as much as anyone else.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 02:05 AM
Billups for Detroit.

Undecided for San Antonio.

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 02:08 AM
Billups for Detroit.

San Antonio? Eh, who deserves it. Duncan hasn't played to his potential. Manu has pretty much sucked after two good games. Parker is in the shadows. Bowen was my MVP until he let Rip rip him a new one. Horry was clutch, but that's 1 1/2 good games for him in the series.

Agree. But I'd still have to say Tim. His rebounding has really been huge even if he's been a little off in the scoring department.

EasilyAmused
06-22-2005, 02:08 AM
Detroit= Chauncy Billups
San Antonio= Tim Duncan or Manu... I guess...*sigh* I can't think clearly right now... :depressed

goliath
06-22-2005, 02:12 AM
SA - Duncan or Manu, whoever comes up bigger on Thur

Det - Billups

AFE7FATMAN
06-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Detroit- Billups

Spurs- Horry, at this moment- No One else is deserving.

MVP = We couldn't have done it without u = IMO

AI-square
06-22-2005, 02:19 AM
Chauncey Billups has been the most consistent thing since sunrise, so I'll have to pick him. Although if Ben Wallace continues to block layups like he did in Game 6, I might change my mind.

For the Spurs, it seems like every player has blown hot and cold. Statistically, Tim Duncan has been his usual self but he has been anything but on the court. Manu has made some bad plays despite some brilliance. Robert Horry has contributed a lot but not enough yet to warrant an MVP trophy, IMO.

Perhaps it's a sign that one Spurs player is going to inspire the Spurs to victory in Game 7 and nab the MVP trophy. But I have no doubt that Chauncey Billups has been the most valuable player in the series thus far.

T Park
06-22-2005, 02:24 AM
Billups for Detroit

SA Sean Marks