PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About "Bruce Lee" Bowen

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Let's take a trip down memory lane and talk about one of the dirtiest NBA players of all-time: Bruce Lee Bowen. This clown has nerve enough to talk shit on LA radio stations about how shocked he was at what MWP did and how vicious it was. LMFAO, but this was one of the dirtiest dudes in NBA history. So dirty that he has a laundry list of players that were uncomfortable with playing against him for fear of what he might do to them.

Here is a quick listing:

Kicking Wally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edb6bz_C9ms
BRHornet will love this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmI4r1XviVI
Getting under a shooter and busting his ankle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdxXvkMB6gA

And for shits and giggles, let's look at what Raja (a bum) did Kobe (superstar): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7iTtjMTUkw

Spur fans apparently love the shit he used to do. After Kobe dropped 45 on your beloved Twin Towers (in front of 45K drunk Spur Fans), y'all went out and got this dirty ass player. Y'all even retired his jersey. That means you love that kind of shit. As long as your Spur players aren't on the receiving end of getting drop kicked by the black Jackie Chan.

Bruce Lee is a hypocrite. I'm calling him out on it. Everything ^ is worse than what MWP did. He didn't get scrutinized nearly as bad as MWP.

:downspin: this shit if you dare.

BlairForceDejuan
04-23-2012, 07:06 PM
none of Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce's shit compares to Metta Bones Jones.

Yet no talk of how dirty that crazy fker is. Surprise surprise.

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 07:10 PM
none of Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce's shit compares to Metta Bones Jones.

Yet no talk of how dirty that crazy fker is. Surprise surprise.

If MWP looked at Harden then decided to knock him the fuck out, I'd agree with you. He didn't so I don't.

He was in the midst of his patent-pending chest bump celebration. Harden was in the right place at the wrong time. I'll guarantee you that he ain't hurt. He's a fucking opportunistic weasel.

Muser
04-23-2012, 07:11 PM
This whole MWP stuff really got to you huh.

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
This whole MWP stuff really got to you huh.

It's hypocricy. That's what pisses me off. And the fact that these media hacks will make us be down a starter for a long time because of said hypocricy.

Bill_Brasky
04-23-2012, 07:20 PM
lol lakers

Reck
04-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Wow you're trying too hard to justify Artest fuckery. Calm down

No one is gonna disagree that Artest is a sociopath and clearly needs clinical help ASAP.

Dex
04-23-2012, 07:26 PM
The difference is, Bruce was a classy Spur. World Peace is a despicable Laker.

Not too hard to figure out, tbh.

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 07:26 PM
lol lakers

So I guess you don't want to talk about Bruce Lee? Figures.

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 07:27 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
A blatant use of a deadly weapon on the back of the skull of another human being is equivalent to bruce bowen playing aggressive defense in the mind of a laker fan. Amazing.

VBM
04-23-2012, 07:34 PM
He never raped while the girl was puking Fruit Loops in the bathroom sink.

Neal comfortedPERIOD

Gutter92
04-23-2012, 07:35 PM
A blatant use of a deadly weapon on the back of the skull of another human being is equivalent to bruce bowen playing aggressive defense in the mind of a laker fan. Amazing.

Pretty much...then he tries to say that he didn't know Harden was there when he bumps into him about a second before the elbow...:lmao

We've all seen the MWP chest pounding and never does he wind up as far as he did for the elbow (almost fatal) to Harden.

Bill_Brasky
04-23-2012, 07:37 PM
So I guess you don't want to talk about Bruce Lee? Figures.

:sleep

Reck
04-23-2012, 07:45 PM
He never raped while the girl was puking Fruit Loops in the bathroom sink.

Something Kobe can atest to himself. :lol

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 07:47 PM

WTF? He elbowed him unintentionally. There was no Malace. He didn't stand over him like Smokey and tell him "You just got knocked the fuck out!" or no shit like that. Come on Swords. ST Hypocricy at its finest. :lol

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
WTF? He elbowed him unintentionally. There was no Malace. He didn't stand over him like Smokey and tell him "You just got knocked the fuck out!" or no shit like that. Come on Swords. ST Hypocricy at its finest. :lol

Come on don't grab me by my dick and lead me to your bedroom to tell me you're a virgin. I know these troll tactics.

Reck
04-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Now I see why even your fellow lakerfan dont take your seriously here.

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Pretty much...then he tries to say that he didn't know Harden was there when he bumps into him about a second before the elbow...:lmao

We've all seen the MWP chest pounding and never does he wind up as far as he did for the elbow (almost fatal) to Harden.

Come on Gutterball! You killing me!! :lmao

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 07:59 PM
:downspin: switch: ON

:lmao

Muser
04-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah everyone in the media is out to get L.A. It's not because he actually hit him or anything.

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Yeah everyone in the media is out to get L.A. It's not because he actually hit him or anything.

Yet they never grabbed their knives and pitchforks for BLB. I guess because he played for the "classy" Spurs. :rolleyes

diego
04-23-2012, 08:03 PM

the difference between bruce, the horry hipcheck, and even the raja bell clothesline which is probably the most comparable in terms of being dangerous to the nerve system; those all happened in the course of play. World Peace threw a reckless, full force elbow when the ball wasn't even in play. you can throw an elbow playing defense or even going for a jumper like kobe does and it can be explained by the game and competitiveness. but a headshot while celebrating is another story, and if it were just an "accidental" elbow from celebrating then World Peace should have honored his name and gone to check on Harden immediately, but instead he got ready for more...

you can go into a basketball game and expect to get some scratches, bruises, or a twisted ankle, but you normally dont expect to get knocked out from behind, let alone during an inbounds. World Peace relapsed to Artest, his craziness finally caught up to him. Since he's done it before and they already warned him, the NBA is basically forced to suspend him.

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Now I see why even your fellow lakerfan dont take your seriously here.

You saw the YouTubes. I gave you visual proof, yet you still post dumb shit. :downspin: switch: ON indeed. :lol

Reck
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Youtubes? I saw that shit on HD son. Did not know he was there. :lmao

You're just a massive homer. No one wins when arguing with one. lulz

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2012, 08:12 PM
bruce was disciplined by the nba maybe twice RonRon's on number 13

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 08:15 PM
the difference between bruce, the horry hipcheck, and even the raja bell clothesline which is probably the most comparable in terms of being dangerous to the nerve system; those all happened in the course of play. World Peace threw a reckless, full force elbow when the ball wasn't even in play. you can throw an elbow playing defense or even going for a jumper like kobe does and it can be explained by the game and competitiveness. but a headshot while celebrating is another story, and if it were just an "accidental" elbow from celebrating then World Peace should have honored his name and gone to check on Harden immediately, but instead he got ready for more....
Stop right there with the bullshit. First, everyone knows that he likes to beat his chest after a huge play. That play was huge for us as we were getting our asses handed to us. It changed momentum and he was celebrating. Why was Harden there in the first place? He came into MWP's personal space as he was celebrating and got clocked. Collateral damage at best. And...

Did you not see Ibaka coming towards him like he wanted to mix it up? What was he supposed to do? That situation is cause for Fight or Flight.

you can go into a basketball game and expect to get some scratches, bruises, or a twisted ankle, but you normally dont expect to get knocked out from behind, let alone during an inbounds. World Peace relapsed to Artest, his craziness finally caught up to him. Since he's done it before and they already warned him, the NBA is basically forced to suspend him.
Where's the BS emoticon when you need it? He didn't sneak up and sucker punch Harden. He didn't even see him. And for those of you that say he should have immediately checked on him, ever heard of adrenaline? When it is flowing, you don't feel shit. That's why when he saw replays of the video it was only then that he felt remorse (and no, it's not the Lakers' PR doing work :lol).

Laker fans know he will be suspended. I'm thinking the worst. No 2012 playoffs and maybe even terminated contract. But before it happens I want to point out the hypocricy. Even when Mailman clocked the Admiral, get got 1 game IIRC (and wasn't called for the personal foul). His was intentional and he is stronger than Artest. But because of him being one of the 50 greatest players ever, he got a pass. He also knocked Zeke the fuck out too and got a pass on that one too. Why? Hypocricy.

Carry on...:wakeup

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 08:16 PM
bruce was disciplined by the nba maybe twice RonRon's on number 13

Link?

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Youtubes? I saw that shit on HD son. Did not know he was there. :lmao

You're just a massive homer. No one wins when arguing with one. lulz

Nope. I have conceded that he will get the book thrown at him. His ability to earn money through the NBA to feed his family is probably over.

Again, I'm just pointing out the hypocricy.

Woo Bum-kon
04-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Bowen and Artest are douchebags. There, are you happy?

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Link?

he played 500 straight games from 02 to 08 no suspensions cause that would have ended the streak

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 08:28 PM
he played 500 straight games from 02 to 08 no suspensions cause that would have ended the streak

No doubt Stupid Jackson saw the same footage I provided via YouTube. To say he was never substantially suspended because of his antics is a crock of wet shit. Yet he will suspend Kobe for "unnatural basketball acts" on a few occasions. What was natural about undercutting a fellow NBA player as he is shooting a jumpshot? I'll wait...:wakeup

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2012, 08:31 PM
No doubt Stupid Jackson saw the same footage I provided via YouTube. To say he was never substantially suspended because of his antics is a crock of wet shit. Yet he will suspend Kobe for "unnatural basketball acts" on a few occasions. What was natural about undercutting a fellow NBA player as he is shooting a jumpshot? I'll wait...:wakeup

you can land wherever you want

Bynumite
04-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Everybody knows Bowen is a dirty bastard, the only people who think otherwise are delusional spurfans. The same that love to constantly puke the pseudo spur class for others to see and not give a fuck.

Going on espn and wearing a bow tie doesn't suddenly erase that, just makes him look like a huge fag.

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2012, 08:32 PM
funny that laker fan bitches when kobe never did though

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Bowen and Artest are douchebags. There, are you happy?

No. I want to hear it from Spur fan.

z0sa
04-23-2012, 08:38 PM
:lol deflecting from Metta Bones Jones

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 08:44 PM

Kobe is tougher than most. He's been shooting jumpshots for years because the refs won't protect him when he goes to the hole. His FG%s have suffered as a result. But that's a different thread.

Stay on topic mayne.

Koolaid_Man
04-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Let's take a trip down memory lane and talk about one of the dirtiest NBA players of all-time: Bruce Lee Bowen. This clown has nerve enough to talk shit on LA radio stations about how shocked he was at what MWP did and how vicious it was. LMFAO, but this was one of the dirtiest dudes in NBA history. So dirty that he has a laundry list of players that were uncomfortable with playing against him for fear of what he might do to them.

Here is a quick listing:

Kicking Wally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edb6bz_C9ms
BRHornet will love this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmI4r1XviVI
Getting under a shooter and busting his ankle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdxXvkMB6gA

And for shits and giggles, let's look at what Raja (a bum) did Kobe (superstar): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7iTtjMTUkw

Spur fans apparently love the shit he used to do. After Kobe dropped 45 on your beloved Twin Towers (in front of 45K drunk Spur Fans), y'all went out and got this dirty ass player. Y'all even retired his jersey. That means you love that kind of shit. As long as your Spur players aren't on the receiving end of getting drop kicked by the black Jackie Chan.

Bruce Lee is a hypocrite. I'm calling him out on it. Everything ^ is worse than what MWP did. He didn't get scrutinized nearly as bad as MWP.

:downspin: this shit if you dare.

First off thanks for posting this...now let's get real as Kori likes to say...

This is why I so despise Spur fan...they're like women with hair weave...faker than a muthafucker...and yet they continue to play this Mr. Goody Two Shoes role and it's fucking pathetic...they have no conscience when it comes to being two-faced. All we ever hear is class this and class that...well I say class my ass...let's start at the top of the class organization :lol

Let's start with rat face himself - look at how Pop tanked to even get Duncan...listen I know some guys that used to go to house parties with this guy and I will tell you they have nothing good to say about the guy they swear up and down he's a a foul dude but the media loves him so he plays it up that he's nice and good and all that shit...

I posted a link sometime back where this guy legit article stated that Yimmy was kicked out of a party in college because he tried to force himself on a girl..I posted the link to that and everyone here wanted to blow it off...according to the article he told the security guard..:" Do you know who I am"..the security guard was like yeah and so what...

How is it that it's ok for him to have a tongue ring and WHOA ever taboo male tramp stamp...How is that ok for an NBA player and yet they make fun of John Amechi and post Nuruto shit all day long...while their savior has a tattoo right over his ass hole...how in the fuck is that OK...well I guess as long as the tramp stamp is classy it's just fine :lol

Next up you have pastor Robinson dude so foul he wouldn't pass to his teammates just so he could score 72 points in a game...and yet they sit in judgement on the Mamba

Next up you have a Spur all-time great in Alvin Robinson...sex trafficking of 14 yr old girls and forcing them into prostitution...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/12980608/exspurs-star-robertson-charged-with-sex-trafficking

not a peep from Spur fan..a fucking Sex trafficker of 13 and 14 yr old chilruns and all they can do is bring up Magic's indiscretions...it's no wonder that Midget thinks it's aye ok to sleep with 14 yr olds..(yes he actually admitted that in a previous post in the Club Forum)

Then they a guy who bangs his teammates wives and yet they're all over my dick for just complimenting Kori but they give this guy a free pass...again it's ok because he banged his teammates wife in a classy way...:lol but what's the diffrence between Kool and Parker...what's the fucking difference...Class? :lol

Next up you have a guy who reportedly gang raped a girl from the back :lol while she sick and vomiting...Pop saw that he could shoot a basketball and he signed him...no questions asked...again it was ok because he did it on a classy manner..

Next up you have Bruce Bowen...a guy who Kobe broke his foot in his ass on a regular basis who was nonetheless the dirtiest player of our generation..Karate kicking people in the face and on and on and on and on...but it's ok because he dirty with class...:lol

The underlying principal here is Spur fan delusion that they have a classy organization...They walk around being pretentious and talking down to others fan bases...Bible thumping with their chests out...all the while representing one of the biggest fraudulent franchises in all of Sports..but it's OK because say it with me: "They're Classy" :lol

Fucking frauds

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 08:46 PM
you can land wherever you want

wreck did you really type that? That is an epically bad statement. I'm quoting it so that you don't change it. So now these player have super powers and can control where they land? :lol

Woo Bum-kon
04-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Koolaid_Man seems upset.

Bynumite
04-23-2012, 08:51 PM

The man's a warrior :toast

For example, Battier played better defense on Kobe without having to resort to dirty tactics.

Koolaid_Man
04-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Koolaid_Man seems upset.

I'm just keeping it real...and putting the truth out..tired of all the talk of Classy from their fucking mouths...Ron Ron at least is honest and not pretentious like lying ass Spur fans...who want to be liked by the media and anyone that will listen to their class shtick. It's fucking ridiculous...we're not as flashy and famous as LA but we have class...Puh-lease lying rat ass bastards are some of the dirtiest around

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2012, 08:54 PM
wreck did you really type that? That is an epically bad statement. I'm quoting it so that you don't change it. So now these player have super powers and can control where they land? :lol

you asked how bruce bowens placing of his feet is not a basketball move. His placing of his feet wherever he wants is a basketball move, that's why he was never suspended for it.

Brazil
04-23-2012, 08:57 PM
how cute a laker fan defending a socio path with the IQ of a hot oyster reputation

:cry bowen is dirtier
:cry spurs fans are hypocrite
:cry artest didn't know harden was right next to him
:cry artest didn't even realize he hit somebody's head
:cry it was not intentional

Brazil
04-23-2012, 09:00 PM
First off thanks for posting this...now let's get real as Kori likes to say...

This is why I so despise Spur fan...they're like women with hair weave...faker than a muthafucker...and yet they continue to play this Mr. Goody Two Shoes role and it's fucking pathetic...they have no conscience when it comes to being two-faced. All we ever hear is class this and class that...well I say class my ass...let's start at the top of the class organization :lol

Let's start with rat face himself - look at how Pop tanked to even get Duncan...listen I know some guys that used to go to house parties with this guy and I will tell you they have nothing good to say about the guy they swear up and down he's a a foul dude but the media loves him so he plays it up that he's nice and good and all that shit...

I posted a link sometime back where this guy legit article stated that Yimmy was kicked out of a party in college because he tried to force himself on a girl..I posted the link to that and everyone here wanted to blow it off...according to the article he told the security guard..:" Do you know who I am"..the security guard was like yeah and so what...

How is it that it's ok for him to have a tongue ring and WHOA ever taboo male tramp stamp...How is that ok for an NBA player and yet they make fun of John Amechi and post Nuruto shit all day long...while their savior has a tattoo right over his ass hole...how in the fuck is that OK...well I guess as long as the tramp stamp is classy it's just fine :lol

Next up you have pastor Robinson dude so foul he wouldn't pass to his teammates just so he could score 72 points in a game...and yet they sit in judgement on the Mamba

not a peep from Spur fan..a fucking Sex trafficker of 13 and 14 yr old chilruns and all they can do is bring up Magic's indiscretions...it's no wonder that Midget thinks it's aye ok to sleep with 14 yr olds..(yes he actually admitted that in a previous post in the Club Forum)

Then they a guy who bangs his teammates wives and yet they're all over my dick for just complimenting Kori but they give this guy a free pass...again it's ok because he banged his teammates wife in a classy way...:lol but what's the diffrence between Kool and Parker...what's the fucking difference...Class? :lol

Next up you have a guy who reportedly gang raped a girl from the back :lol while she sick and vomiting...Pop saw that he could shoot a basketball and he signed him...no questions asked...again it was ok because he did it on a classy manner..

Next up you have Bruce Bowen...a guy who Kobe broke his foot in his ass on a regular basis who was nonetheless the dirtiest player of our generation..Karate kicking people in the face and on and on and on and on...but it's ok because he dirty with class...:lol

The underlying principal here is Spur fan delusion that they have a classy organization...They walk around being pretentious and talking down to others fan bases...Bible thumping with their chests out...all the while representing one of the biggest fraudulent franchises in all of Sports..but it's OK because say it with me: "They're Classy" :lol

Fucking frauds

:lmao:lmao:lmao nobody read it :lmao:lmao:lmao

:lol irrelevant
:lol nobody cares about what u think
:lol pinked
:lol mad
:lol DrHouse
:lol feel alone without cul

Koolaid_Man
04-23-2012, 09:03 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao nobody read it :lmao:lmao:lmao

:lol nobody cares about what u think
:lol pinked
:lol mad
:lol DrHouse
:lol feel alone without cul

there you go again proving my point...Spur fan pretentious liars...not only did you read it...you reposted it...and with that many :lol emoticons you're certainly hiding behind something...fake bitch

Latarian Milton
04-23-2012, 09:05 PM
bruce never got involved in any brawl like the notorious one in auburn palace tbh

Brazil
04-23-2012, 09:10 PM
there you go again proving my point...Spur fan pretentious liars...not only did you read it...you reposted it...and with that many :lol emoticons you're certainly hiding behind something...fake bitch

:lmao:lmaodidn't read

don't give a fuck of what you say or think

meanwhile

:lol I miss my buddy cul
:lol Kori doesn't like me

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
you asked how bruce bowens placing of his feet is not a basketball move. His placing of his feet wherever he wants is a basketball move, that's why he was never suspended for it.

OK. Got it. That explains him undercutting players 4-6 times a game (during his 500 straight game streak :downspin:). But what about kicking Wally in the face? Was that natural? And if so, can you explain why he was never suspended for it? :toast

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2012, 09:23 PM
OK. Got it. That explains him undercutting players 4-6 times a game (during his 500 straight game streak :downspin:). But what about kicking Wally in the face? Was that natural? And if so, can you explain why he was never suspended for it? :toast

what were the rules when it happened?

Brazil
04-23-2012, 09:24 PM
honestly LKrFan you are making a fool of yourself with that thread tbh

ElNono
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Bowen was dirty as hell... that said, he was smart and helped his team... you're not going to find multi-game suspensions for him...

Brazil
04-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Or a nigga that sells bean pies in the hot ass sun.:lmao

pink is the new black luva :lmao

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
what were the rules when it happened?

:downspin: that shiiiiitttt! :lol Does it matter? I guess because it was legal to make Wally "Read these Nikes" that makes it A-OK? Who does Bruce Lee think he is - Willy D (Geto Boys reference) :lmao

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 10:23 PM
honestly LKrFan you are making a fool of yourself with that thread tbh

How so? Because I had the balls to start it on SpursTalk? Name one of those YouTube videos that was a ball-fased lie that makes me look foolish. Do you deny that these were non-basketball-acts-of-Kung-Fu-violence? Bruce Lee acted like he was in the Octagon with those round house kicks. :lol

The only thing foolish about this thread is me thinking many Spur fans would admit that Bruce Lee was an Old DB. There are a few out there - but most refuse to admit it. :downspin:

LkrFan
04-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Bowen was dirty as hell... that said, he was smart and helped his team... you're not going to find multi-game suspensions for him...

The truth shall set you free. Well done son. :toast

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2012, 10:36 PM
:downspin: that shiiiiitttt! :lol Does it matter? I guess because it was legal to make Wally "Read these Nikes" that makes it A-OK? Who does Bruce Lee think he is - Willy D (Geto Boys reference) :lmao

you asked

And if so, can you explain why he was never suspended for it?

I can't tell you why he wasn't suspended if i don't know how the rules were written so yes it matters.

LkrFan
04-24-2012, 04:58 AM
More of Bowen's greatest kicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VDMaNyYCMk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SMDH

ambchang
04-24-2012, 06:29 AM
:(

Grab a bottle of milk. It'll calm you down.

LkrFan
04-24-2012, 06:44 AM

Grab a bottle of milk. It'll calm you down.

:lol good one. By not refuting what I posted, that means you agree with me. As a SpurFan, that took some guts. Props son. :tu

ambchang
04-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Not refuting = agreeing? Where did that came from?

Any other random rules you want to pull?

:depressed

The world is against me. Why are they allowing mean Bruce to kick people in the head, and not allowing poor MWP to elbow others in the head?

:depressed

I have never even HEARD of Bruce kicking people in the head, the media hid it from the public and not blow it out of proportion like what they do with my friend MWP.

I am not going to play with the mean media. I am not going to be friends with them anymore.

:depressed:depressed

Brazil
04-24-2012, 09:09 AM
How so? Because I had the balls to start it on SpursTalk? Name one of those YouTube videos that was a ball-fased lie that makes me look foolish. Do you deny that these were non-basketball-acts-of-Kung-Fu-violence? Bruce Lee acted like he was in the Octagon with those round house kicks. :lol

The only thing foolish about this thread is me thinking many Spur fans would admit that Bruce Lee was an Old DB. There are a few out there - but most refuse to admit it. :downspin:

Bowen had his share of dirty plays no doubt about that but nothing comparable to that crazy elbow

cheguevara
04-24-2012, 09:10 AM
:lmao lakerfan still bitching about bowen

Leetonidas
04-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Like Spurfan gives a fuck. Nice 2007 trolling shtick bro :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2012, 10:09 AM
lol ambchang

Man In Black
04-24-2012, 10:36 AM
If he did that, then why didn't he just stop where he was and check back on the guy you just clocked?

It happens in the NBA all the time and then for Metta Weird Piece to stand at half court holding his cock and saying "WHAT!".
Gangsta Thug...LAL bandwagon must have never known what the legacy of the Lakers are. IT AIN'T THIS or BYNUM.

And you LAL Bandwagon who continue to blame Harden are the same clowns who tell little kids to stop wearing shorts around pedophiles because it's excites them.

Fuk yo thinkin' clown!

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-24-2012, 01:17 PM
I'd start by pointing out that Spurs fan didn't love Bowen for "that shit". Are the Lakers retiring Shaq's jersey because he got them three rings or because he was an overweight primadonna who helped torpedo a dynasty? Spursfans loved Bowen because he defended like a fucking monster night in and night out. Some of the stuff was dirty, but most of it was just him working his ass off to stay in front of his man and contest every shot. So most were willing to take the good with the bad, and to others the questionable stuff just became one more thing in a seemingly bottomless bag of defensive tricks. Oddly enough I've heard fans of everyone from the Pacers to the Lakers say something similar about Artest. They don't love him for being a violent psycho, but rather because he goes out and competes every night. The violent psycho stuff makes him a little harder to love, but you take the good with the bad, right?

Seems to me that Bruce would be a hypocrite if he was calling out Artest as vicious for doing something along the lines that Bruce himself did. Outside of the Francis play, how many of those guys had to leave the game as a result of Bowen's actions? Pretty sure Wally didn't have a concussion to show for it. If Bruce was calling him out for what Artest got suspended for in 06 with the Kings then the label might stick.

As to the foot slide thing, as Trainwreck has been getting at there's no rule against it. Elbowing another player in the head has always been illegal in just about every non-combat sport. On top of that it's something that one person cited as something Bowen did "3-4 times a game". I might even believe it was more. Bowen spent multiple seasons covering the opposing team's best perimeter player every night, often guys who averaged 15+ attempts per game. I'd bet that he was covering closer to 6-7 jumpers every night. Even if we go with the conservative 3-4 a night over the course of say 500 games started for the Spurs we get that he stuck his foot under a shooter 1500-2000 times. Of those times Steve Francis got hurt. I know there were others who pissed and moaned about this tactic but was there anyone else who actually got hurt by him doing this? None are jumping to mind but I'm not doing exhaustive research here either. Would you classify an attack that hurts someone 1 out 1500 times as vicious? What kind of rate of injury do you think elbowing someone in the head has?

ElNono
04-24-2012, 01:25 PM
lol trying to compare Bowen with a guy that was suspended for over 100 games... :lol

ChumpDumper
04-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Bruce Bowen retired in 2009.

Man In Black
04-24-2012, 01:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1115540/1/index.htm

The 6' 5", 205-pound Allen had averaged a league-high 32.4 points in the first round of the playoffs while leading the Sonics to a 4-1 series win over the Sacramento Kings. The 6' 7", 200-pound Bowen had limited Carmelo Anthony's offensive production in the Spurs' opening-round win over Denver, showing why he had finished second to Detroit center Ben Wallace in Defensive Player of the Year balloting. Bowen's exhaustive assignment in the Western Conference semifinals would be to make life miserable for Allen. This matchup would define the series.

Three days before Game 1, Allen sat on a watercooler after a practice in Seattle and enumerated his complaints about Bowen: "He pulls on you, he grabs on you, he hits your elbow every time you shoot. Whenever you've got the basketball, he'll shove you--then he'll fall. He's put out on the floor to harass me. Pop [Spurs coach Gregg Popovich] knows what [ Bowen's] doing out there: They think he's playing defense, but anybody in the league will tell you he's one guy you can't stand because of the way he's playing defense."

Bowen had little to say in response, in part because he was happy to hear that he was already in Allen's head. "I've never heard the great ones say anything like that," Bowen had said earlier in the season when told of similar complaints by Allen. "You never heard Michael Jordan say, 'Oh, John Starks doesn't play basketball.' John Starks may have been physical with him--and what did [ Jordan] do? He went and hit the gym hard and continued to play."

Retorted Allen, "I appreciate the compliment."

They had arrived at this duel from opposite poles. Allen, 29, was blessed with balance, charisma and an exceptional shooting touch. He was an All-America in his final season at UConn, has played in five NBA All-Star Games and had a starring role as the prodigious Jesus Shuttlesworth in Spike Lee's 1998 film He Got Game.

While Allen had been celebrating his selection as the No. 5 pick in the 1996 draft by Minnesota, Bowen had been trying to plot his escape from the CBA as a swingman with the Rockford (Ill.) Lightning. There would be nothing smooth about Bowen's ascension to the NBA: He had gone undrafted in 1993 after a four-year career at Cal State-Fullerton, played two seasons in France and also had two stints in Rockford before joining the Miami Heat for one game in '97. By 2001 (after stops in Boston, Philadelphia and Miami again) he had established himself as a team player who expressed his virtues at the defensive end, leading Popovich to sign him in July of that year.

Bowen has started every game he has played for the Spurs: As the defensive Mr. Outside to Tim Duncan's Mr. Inside, he has filled the thankless yet vital role of shadowing everyone from Lakers shooting guard Kobe Bryant to Phoenix power forward Shawn Marion to Allen, his former friend. "Bruce sets the tone for our team defensively," Popovich says. "He takes such pride in it, and all of our guys count on him locking up on somebody every night and doing the best job he can. When you count all of the games and the number of times Bruce goes out and does the same thing every night, our guys really respect it, count on it, and it's part of their personality. And from that, everything flows defensively."

ohmwrecker
04-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Pretty lame attempt, Lakerfan.

WorldPeace lost his cool and hurt his team. Unintentional? What a fucking joke. Watch the video. Harden was pulling MWP's arm behind his back, he lost his tiny, pea-brained little mind and retaliated with a vicious, intentional elbow to the head. It's as clear as fucking day.

Most Spurs fans, who aren't full blown retarded or trolling, openly admit Bowen was dirty. However, Bowen was smart, very rarely lost his cool and never hurt his team by being a dumbass.

DJB
04-24-2012, 02:50 PM
BB12 was the best perimeter defender of all time, tbqh. Never involved in a dirty play, ever.

Just great, hard nose defense from a classy, bow tie wearing, gentleman.

Jt.ONE
04-24-2012, 03:03 PM
I have never even HEARD of Bruce kicking people in the head,

:lol:lol

pass1st
04-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Bowen was a dirty player in a classy way :downspin: